Author Topic: In remembrance: Smallfry aka Nathan W.  (Read 326287 times)

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
Re: In remembrance: Smallfry aka Nathan W.
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 22:29:44 »
RIP smallfry.

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #301 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 00:11:49 »

Yeah, he wasn't really into that franchise, but it just feels appropriate to me. Again, my condolences go out to the Walter family.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #302 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 00:30:20 »

I was driving just after sunrise today for about an hour, I was thinking what I would say if Nate were riding with me.

Prolly keyboard stuff. Prolly girls. Prolly lots of stuff.

It's hard to drive safely when you are crying.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline gizzard

« Reply #303 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 02:14:44 »
sad.  RIP

Offline bisl

« Reply #304 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 03:53:22 »
I think the best words I have to describe him are "disarmingly friendly"

Offline plastboks

« Reply #305 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 07:03:47 »
Rest in peace SmallFry.

Offline Dgsbllx

« Reply #306 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 09:04:45 »
RIP
Wherever he may be, he will prosper.

Offline kittykatmax

« Reply #307 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 18:22:50 »
How horribly, tragically sad.  RIP SmallFry. 
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Sinzz

« Reply #308 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 18:25:41 »
I didn't know him well, but I saw him posting a lot on the threads I followed. RIP Smallfry, and my condolences to the family.
Keycool 84 MX Blue | Pure Pro | HHKB Pro 2

Offline REVENGE

« Reply #309 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 21:52:18 »
Smallfry was a great guy and a great member of this community. I can't believe this has happened, I recall speaking with him on IRC not so long ago.

RIP Nathan, we miss you.
◕ ‿ ◕

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #310 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 06:21:05 »
I have seen SmallFry's posts around and wondered these days about the change of GeekHack logo. RIP SmallFry and my best wish out to his family.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline RougeR

« Reply #311 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 07:27:12 »
Show Image

Smallfry's IRC bouncer and bot are still going. But I think the server security settings got changed. I can no longer log into his bouncer. He helped me setup an account on his bouncer and get IRC running. I honestly didn't even know how to connect to the chat without his bouncer and had to teach myself yesterday.

We also had a little chat that we'd call ~dachat and we'd just hang out there. It was where I got my schooling on keyboards really. SpamFry is the last IRC project he worked on. When you link a video, the bot tells you the title of the bot. I always bugged him to make a bot that would put the GH Spy into ~dachat. He always said he'd work on it soonTM.

It felt weird/wrong when I had to setup the connection to IRC without his bouncer. And I'm still waiting for his tag to go from grey to white (meaning he's not away)...and then for him to be chatting away once again.

only just seen all this as ive been to busy with work to go on the forum...still reeling from it a bit, so young...makes you think what would you feel like (hypothetically) if you went tomorrow, proud of your life? i wouldn't be...not yet.

anyway condolences to his family, knew him decently well in irc, we liked to bicker but he was nice.

its very morbid and sad to see his irc name there greyed out.....

[img]http://i.imgur.com/3Uu6gFA.png">>

also i have a RougeR_ which needs to be removed at some point it only connects to GH so i could try and go into his server to do it or just ban it...feels so sad, his nick will live on for now, we could make him a bot...but i think it would feel morbid and sad to see
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 July 2013, 09:36:50 by RougeR »
Buckling spring warrior!

Offline dfj

• Visit our irc: #geekhack on libera.chat!
« Reply #312 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 08:30:50 »
  Enough folks have requested that the bot he ran be revived, that I have allocated semi-permanent hosting for it. Extremely simple, it will decode some common urls so folks could read the human-language titles on links before clicking on them, it will also have a brief message/explanation of itself to spit out. Finally, it will be able to generate periodic announcements. The name is likely to remain 'SpamFry'.
  Recovery of the handle, and retirement of his main handle, ugh, fun. I'll go bug the Freenode ops, they might also shed some light on what other traditional options are reasonable for us irc folks.

dfj
Fave Switch manus: IBM, Topre, Matias, ...

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #313 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 08:45:09 »
  Enough folks have requested that the bot he ran be revived, that I have allocated semi-permanent hosting for it. Extremely simple, it will decode some common urls so folks could read the human-language titles on links before clicking on them, it will also have a brief message/explanation of itself to spit out. Finally, it will be able to generate periodic announcements. The name is likely to remain 'SpamFry'.
  Recovery of the handle, and retirement of his main handle, ugh, fun. I'll go bug the Freenode ops, they might also shed some light on what other traditional options are reasonable for us irc folks.

dfj

Thank you dfj.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #314 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 09:37:30 »
thank you everyone for the hundreds of heartfelt messages for nate and his family.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/natewalter/journal

they have read every single one, and i hope it has given them some peace that he was loved by people all over the world just for being himself.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #315 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 10:08:11 »
  Enough folks have requested that the bot he ran be revived, that I have allocated semi-permanent hosting for it.

Thank you dfj. And thank you for the header in the IRC.

Offline captain

« Reply #316 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 13:17:38 »
I hadn't seen this posted, but forgive me if it's a duplicate.  Maybe add this to the OP? 
http://www.kenoshanews.com/news/family_friends_remember_fun_active_teen_472229283.html
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline kmacwannabe

« Reply #317 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 16:10:37 »
As an atheist, I find it difficult for me to send condolences saying I hope he has gone to a better place, but in my 2.5+ years plus of lurking here, his posts were always enlightening and friendly and I could sure that when I saw his avatar that useful information was sure to follow. I guess what I can say is that I partially believe in self-fulfilling destinies, and whether or not you believed that you would go to heaven, I hope that you are enlightened and relieved whether you, existent or not, transcended, ascended, removed, or else after fighting brain injury for two weeks.

This is a member of the community that has lifted himself above reality, unfortunately now in more ways than one. Although my opinion means less than the thronging masses that experienced his wisdom and thirst for knowledge, I hope you can realize that he had an effect on me and probably other long lurkers as well. His avatar became, in my mind, synonymous with GeekHack. I would get worried if I could find a major post in which he had not contributed in a way that was almost directly correspondent to the precise syntax of the question I was trying to decipher.

You will be missed SmallFry, and even now as I continue my research I am sure that I will find more of your knowledge willingly shared with the community. I only wish he could have been more active on other forums. OCN could use a person like SmallFry was, and I wish I had gotten the chance to sign up and ask him a question before he so unfortunately passed away.

I find it hard to imagine a night spent trolling through endless datasheets and GeekHack posts without some help from SmallFry. It would be like having a burger without fries. You will be missed, Nathan, you will be missed.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #318 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 16:34:38 »

Was going through some pictures looking for a new background when I found this. Nate had taken this picture to prove to OrangeJewce that his Ergo-Dox had arrived. But what I was more interested in was that sweet bench. Nate told me that his grandma had built that from old fencing and was pretty proud that his grandma liked to build stuff as well.

I suggested that we should start a GB for that bench. He thought I was joking, but I was deadly serious. Seems like quality work runs in the family.

Offline ferociousfingerings

« Reply #319 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 18:50:31 »
I just encountered this information, and am part speechless, part overwhelmed by the urge to say "wow, this sucks." But i'm sure we all know this sucks, and we're all relatively similarly shocked, so i guess that comment doesn't help.

I didn't know the guy personally, but upon joining GH, his activity level, good attitude, and the value he brought to this community was readily apparent.

I always knew that when SmallFry was posting, it was worth reading; whether silly or serious, or somewhere in between.

I offer my condolences to his family and friends, and the knowledge that his contributions to this community were and will be appreciated.

Despite his untimely and seemingly premature departure, the life he lived during his short time, was one worth celebrating.
Logitech G710+

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #320 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 19:49:44 »
This is and was of value to me:

27512-0

Not the public statement, but The Man.

Nathan gave of himself at many levels in a very generous way. He enriched my life experience, helped raise/set/remind me of some of my standards, and was a joy to interact with.

We people are here because of Geekhack. Geekhack is about people. Some of us pretty darn great, some of us...not always so much. Geekhack is a direct reflection of the people that make up and collectively share the virtual electronic space on the server. Way beyond odd, what brings us together initially are the items we use to type and convey our thoughts into that electronic space on that server (and very notably, probably not more than a couple square feet of hard disc space is where ALL of us and all of our stuff on Geekhack reside). The size of a tiny box you can carry, and if the power is turned off, it all stops. Very intangible, very humbling.

I've made the observation over an extended period of time that so many people on GH seem to get along exceptionally well online and in person (online at GH or off GH, in person even at non-GH events). I belong to other forums as many others do and I have not come close to a similar personal experience and bond with so many, so successfully. I believe Nathan is the embodiment of that spirit and shaped a large part of what GH is today. Geekhack is about people, and I'm saying that Nathan has shaped the direction of the people of Geekhack over the last 2 years. Specifically, Nathan is one major reason I chose to dip my toe in the Geekhack water and wade back in.

Nathan gave of himself at many levels in a very generous way. He enriched my life experience, helped raise/set/remind me of some of my standards, and was a joy to interact with. In that sense, and my memories, Nathan will ALWAYS live on. I ask myself: WWND?

Thank you Nathan
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 July 2013, 00:59:00 by Input Nirvana »
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline dmreeves

« Reply #321 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 22:35:10 »
Terrible news, always sad to hear of someone dying so unexpectedly.

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #322 on: Sat, 06 July 2013, 07:51:17 »
This is and was of value to me:

(Attachment Link)

Not the public statement, but The Man.

Nathan gave of himself at many levels in a very generous way. He enriched my life experience, helped raise/set/remind me of some of my standards, and was a joy to interact with.

We people are here because of Geekhack. Geekhack is about people. Some of us pretty darn great, some of us...not always so much. Geekhack is a direct reflection of the people that make up and collectively share the virtual electronic space on the server. Way beyond odd, what brings us together initially are the items we use to type and convey our thoughts into that electronic space on that server (and very notably, probably not more than a couple square feet of hard disc space is where ALL of us and all of our stuff on Geekhack reside). The size of a tiny box you can carry, and if the power is turned off, it all stops. Very intangible, very humbling.

I've made the observation over an extended period of time that so many people on GH seem to get along exceptionally well online and in person (online at GH or off GH, in person even at non-GH events). I belong to other forums as many others do and I have not come close to a similar personal experience and bond with so many, so successfully. I believe Nathan is the embodiment of that spirit and shaped a large part of what GH is today. Geekhack is about people, and I'm saying that Nathan has shaped the direction of the people of Geekhack over the last 2 years. Specifically, Nathan is one major reason I chose to dip my toe in the Geekhack water and wade back in.

Nathan gave of himself at many levels in a very generous way. He enriched my life experience, helped raise/set/remind me of some of my standards, and was a joy to interact with. In that sense, and my memories, Nathan will ALWAYS live on. I ask myself: WWND?

Thank you Nathan

May i ask your relationship with Nathan? You seem to be really close to him... I don't mean to be  rude or anything, just a bit curious as im fairly new. Thanks for your words, he sounds like a great person.

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #323 on: Sat, 06 July 2013, 17:28:11 »
This one is for you, smallfry.  Inside it is the original Phantom prototype.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #324 on: Sat, 06 July 2013, 17:35:34 »
^^^ Awesome Tribute ^^^

Offline MrClaus

• MrClaus
« Reply #325 on: Sat, 06 July 2013, 22:41:25 »
May you rest in oeace Smallfry. Although this is my 2nd post. I would like to reach out my deepest and heartfelt condolences to the family and close friends of his. Its sad to see someone that I regard here as a legend of GH to go so soon. Just reading about what the seniors of GH said about him and his dad makes me feel so unfortunate to have not join this forum earlier.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #326 on: Mon, 08 July 2013, 20:29:37 »
komar has posted the final gh60 rev b. pcb pics here
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34959.msg954327#msg954327

dedicated to the memory of SmallFry.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #327 on: Mon, 08 July 2013, 22:27:00 »
It’s been a little over week since I found out and it feels like an eternity, Nate. I miss you. Everything on this site reminds me of you and the influence you had on this community and me. Earlier this evening, I linked some kids in the IRC to my Wiki and the projects we worked on reminded us of you. As I bought my Miami and CMYK sets, I thought of how much crap you would’ve given me. I’d give anything to have another conversion with you in ~dachat and have you laugh at my terrible taste in keycap sets.

You were my keyboard professor and because a friend of mine as well. I remember how touched I was when you mentioned me in the Awesome people thread. I remember how much fun I had staying up until 3-4 am, learning about Hi-Fi or random keyboard stuff. I remember I was secretly so stoked to get you as a Secret Santa. I thought in a small way I could give something back to someone who had given me so much joy and camaraderie.

When I first joined GeekHack, you were always so patient with me and very kind. And you were so involved with everything; I wanted to have a small part of what you gave and received from the community. 

All these little things remind me of you: your bot in IRC, your IRC bouncer, this Epsilon sitting on my desk, the caps on my board, the server in my apartment, my Wiki, the projects I’m trying to finish, my headphones...everything.

I miss you Nathan. Thank you for spending some of your time with me. I’ll never forget you.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #328 on: Mon, 08 July 2013, 23:26:19 »
Every page I visit on GeekHack reminds me of SmallFry.

I miss you too sir.
<3
SmallFry! <3

Offline Slict

« Reply #329 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 16:20:45 »
Damn, this is awful. Me and smallfry would play on the GH minecraft server together all the time. This is a real blow to me...

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #330 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 11:08:54 »
According to this journal entry, today would have been Nate's 17th birthday. Happy birthday man. I'll be remembering you the best way I know how, by working on my keyboards.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #331 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 11:21:40 »

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #332 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 16:44:48 »
I'm getting too old to want feels  :'(
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #333 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 10:52:53 »
I'm getting too old to want feels  :'(

no one ever wants feels like this.. :(

happy birthday nate. we miss y'all

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline urbanus

« Reply #334 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 07:45:51 »
Last year SmallFry posted about how awesome his dad was, because his dad got him a MX1800 as a gift.  We all congratulated him.

I hope you pass on our deepest respects and condolences.

Offline crthell

• crthell
« Reply #335 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 10:39:32 »
Wow...just wow. He helped me out when I first got into mechanical keyboards (one of those dreaded "Which Keyboard Should I Get" threads.)

R.I.P. man.
/crthell
Mechanical Keyboard(s): Apple Extended Keyboard II M3501 (dampened Alps)
Quality Rubber Dome(s): Dell QuietKey RT7D5JTW

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #336 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 16:29:23 »
no one ever wants feels like this.. :(

happy birthday nate. we miss y'all

better to feel than not.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #337 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 16:31:48 »
It is odd how he still has posts in some of the active topics on the forum.

Kind of puts things in perspective and makes you realize how you should not take things for granted, but appreciate your life and the people around you every day .
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #338 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 17:15:46 »
Every time I see the little SmallFry peeking out from behind the Geekhack logo at the top of the page I pause and remember.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #339 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 18:38:09 »
I'm new but from the start I saw that he was a good guy.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #340 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 18:54:29 »
I still remember laughing over this for ages..

https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #341 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 22:28:41 »
This may sound weird but has there been a GH'er in contact with Nate's fam?  I wondering what will become of everyone's gear that he was working on.

Offline mickd

« Reply #342 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 08:59:05 »
I haven't been very active for the last few months so I only just found out about this... I am at a lost for words.

I never knew he was such a young man. His intelligence and maturity far surpassed his age.

RIP smallfry... and my condolences towards his family...

Offline jameslr

« Reply #343 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 10:17:50 »
I didn't ever get a chance to meet him on the forums as I'm new, but this is just terrible. :(
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #344 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 22:39:46 »
This is way overdue, but it finally hit me today. Here are some unorganized thoughts from me.

If you had asked me two months or so ago what I thought of SmallFry I would have told you he was one of the most annoying and intolerable people on the forums. After hearing about his death, my only thoughts toward him were numb. Now I've never realized what people were talking about when they say they felt "numb" towards something, and I still can't describe it, but it really is one of the worst feeling you can have about something, because once you move past numb, you realize how selfish it is to have "not cared" for that much time about something that important. Now I didn't know him that well at all, however there were a few times when I was a relatively new member that him and I would spend ah hour or two PMing each other in IRC about things happening in life. Him and I had some pretty deep conversations about friendship, school, and just general topics. He was quite the interesting child. I definitely felt somewhat connected to him, we both had trouble making friends in school, and were kinda the odd kid, I saw some of myself in him. However, one day I just finally got fed up with his constant spamming of the forum that I just turned a cold shoulder to him and didn't really have any kind of meaningful conversations for the last 6 months or so. I realize now that that was of course incredibly stupid and childish of me and that all SmallFry really wanted was a good friend, and I failed him on that. I'm pretty sure he had found plenty of other people to chat with in IRC though so at the time I didn't feel too bad about it. I guess it really is true what they say, you never really know what you got until it's gone.

I know this is terribly written, but I guess what I'm trying to say is, SmallFry, wherever you are, I'll miss you. Your presence may have annoyed me, but at the same time it made me happy, to see someone in your position always have something good to say, no matter how little or spammy.

Rest in Peace buddy you will be missed <3

Offline uJalled

• Shrimp cracker enthusiast
« Reply #345 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 14:19:36 »
I would like to pay my condolences to SmallFry's family. I only knew him through forum posts, and I haven't been on the forums for a while which is why this is so late. He was too young to pass away. His posts were always funny, helpful, and genuinely positive.

RIP SmallFry. You will be missed by everyone here on the forums who has been lucky enough to know you.
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 July 2013, 14:28:16 by uJalled »

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #346 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 08:52:18 »
I've got no experience with custom keyboard, but I think it would be really cool if the people who do design them (and design the circuit boards) were able to include an etching somewhere on the circuit board a small tribute, perhaps binary encoded (if space is an issue). I think that would be a really great tribute; something that will last, maybe not always visible to everyone, but visible to people who get into the nuts and bolts of a keyboard.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #347 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 08:53:17 »
GH60 boards already have this Krog.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #348 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 08:56:12 »
GH60 boards already have this Krog.

They do? That's awesome.  :D
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #349 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 08:57:02 »
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens