Author Topic: THE GREAT CAP EXCHAINGE  (Read 37989 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: THE GREAT CAP EXCHAINGE
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 15:25:07 »
Hold up, hold up, hold up. What happens to the last person? Who do they send a keycap to?

Who says this thing will ever end!
Whoa.

Well until R2 that is ;)

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 15:36:08 »
I'm in.

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 18:20:58 »
Looks like Ray is getting my first custom keycap ever. Consider yourself lucky ;)
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline pandather

• Formerly gopanthersgo1
  • Hello, I'm Mark.
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 18:32:21 »
I want in, also, I tried making a white ISO Enter Key like Bunny's caps.... I'll send that off with it if it's cool with Bunny.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 18:34:25 »
I'll do it :P

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 18:36:09 »
you actually have a US guy after you sir so you will be fine

Nice.  Now to decide which cap or cap project to send...

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 18:44:45 »
Send me the hottest custom swag you've got nubbinator :D

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 21:55:44 »
I'm not much of a key cap customizer, so I'm going to have to find something pretty interesting in my collection to send to Photeq. Hmmm....  :cool:

Offline Glissant

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 23:34:42 »
Count me in, sir =)

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 23:46:00 »
Put me down, I love sending surprises!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Sai

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 02:53:23 »
i'm in as well.
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 04:50:08 »
ill update the OP with all the people who joined when i was snoozing, thanks for everyones participation
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 06:06:11 »
i see no reason why this cant go on forever

all new joiners have been added, and i have a new rule, once the person you send your carp to receives there cap, you can rejoin the chain at the back of the list if you choose to

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 07:01:47 »
i see no reason why this cant go on forever

all new joiners have been added, and i have a new rule, once the person you send your carp to receives there cap, you can rejoin the chain at the back of the list if you choose to

Awesome.....and just so everyone knows I've got like 20 white on black awesome faces...... :))

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 07:07:48 »
i have had some messages about what people plan to send

if people wanna send extra and more personal stuff that is totally welcomed, but i would like to set a strict rule that no matter what you send, at least 1 kepcap must be included

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 08:15:18 »
We should go in reverse once we get to the end O.O
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 08:39:36 »
Just saw this thread. I am SO in. :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 08:41:12 »
only went up yesterday sir, glad to have you in

Offline tgujay

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 09:07:50 »
Seeing all the cool stuff codyeatworld has I'll have to really think of something special to add to his boards.
Gotta collect them all

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 09:10:59 »
Could I be in?
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 09:23:35 »

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 09:25:55 »
Awesome ;D
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline Trent

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 09:33:29 »
guys itll be in order of who signs up after you, so if you dont wanna send to someone who may not be conus, probably best not to sign up, i dont mean this in a negative way, its just not at all fair to be rearranging people or leaving people out, soon enough it will be people wanting to go after certain people and cherry picking slots, and really isnt in the spirit of what im doing here

In that case, I am down anyways  ;D

heres the thing, im not gonna be getting a cap from anyone, im cool with that, i want to start this off,but i can sit here and say, ill start but uk only, and it never goes anywhere etc, i understand it costs a couple extra bucks to send international, if that is such a huge burden financially to anyone that wants to participate ill cover it, but its really not fair to pick and choose who gets sent what etc, and to inevitably leave people out

gah, this was meant to be fun and here i am moaning already

i really do understand why people say it, but i think what its gonna have to come down to is people either join or dont, the person you get given is who you get, if you dont want to send to that person, you can back out before receiving your cap, but cant then rejoin just so you can get put in a different order

i am wording myself terribly but what im trying to get at is i want it fair for everyone

I think its a pretty reasonable request to ask that my shipping partner is CONUS, but apparently not.

Guess I'm out on this one!
Quote from: Trent
I hate fun
IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | FK-2000 | FK-8000 | FK-9000 | Fujitsu Peerless | Zenith Data Systems (Yellow ALPS!) | AEK

Offline tgujay

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 09:41:34 »
guys itll be in order of who signs up after you, so if you dont wanna send to someone who may not be conus, probably best not to sign up, i dont mean this in a negative way, its just not at all fair to be rearranging people or leaving people out, soon enough it will be people wanting to go after certain people and cherry picking slots, and really isnt in the spirit of what im doing here

heres the thing, im not gonna be getting a cap from anyone, im cool with that, i want to start this off,but i can sit here and say, ill start but uk only, and it never goes anywhere etc, i understand it costs a couple extra bucks to send international, if that is such a huge burden financially to anyone that wants to participate ill cover it, but its really not fair to pick and choose who gets sent what etc, and to inevitably leave people out

i really do understand why people say it, but i think what its gonna have to come down to is people either join or dont, the person you get given is who you get, if you dont want to send to that person, you can back out before receiving your cap, but cant then rejoin just so you can get put in a different order

i am wording myself terribly but what im trying to get at is i want it fair for everyone

I think its a pretty reasonable request to ask that my shipping partner is CONUS, but apparently not.

Good, dude, shipping a single keycap internationally would not be expensive.  Where do all of you work?  McDonalds?
Gotta collect them all

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 09:43:13 »
Maybe he doesn't like filling out the international shipping forms.

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 09:45:03 »

You know, I hated writing down my name and a description of the contents on a little piece of paper. Made me never want to ship Int'l again...
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 09:45:52 »
You have to fill out a form for a letter? Wow, that's daft!
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 09:48:30 »

may i ask why you think it is so reasonable that the chain and the order in which people are allowed to sign up is dictated around your shipping preferences, someone will be going out of their way to put together a package for you and send it to you unconditionally, yet you see fit to then only continue the chain on your own terms and with the bare minimum expense and dont want to participate on the offchance a non conus user decided to sign up after you   

once again its hard to write that without sounding ruder than intended, but i as a non conus user miss out on a lot around here, sometimes its understandable, but if an extra dollar or two is such a struggle, perhaps a thread where you are agreeing to ship something and cover the postage in exchange for receiving something  at random a relative stranger selects for you is not the right place to be                                         

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 09:58:17 »

You know, I hated writing down my name and a description of the contents on a little piece of paper. Made me never want to ship Int'l again...

* CPTBadAss shrugs

I'm just offering a suggestion. No need to be sarcastic.

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 10:03:24 »

* CPTBadAss shrugs

I know :/ My bad, came out more harsh and towards the wrong person than I intended.
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 10:04:19 »

* CPTBadAss shrugs

lol i thought both of you were being sarcastic

Offline Jack Karneval

• I'm gunna pop some keys, only got $20 in my pocket
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 10:18:33 »

may i ask why you think it is so reasonable that the chain and the order in which people are allowed to sign up is dictated around your shipping preferences, someone will be going out of their way to put together a package for you and send it to you unconditionally, yet you see fit to then only continue the chain on your own terms and with the bare minimum expense and dont want to participate on the offchance a non conus user decided to sign up after you   

once again its hard to write that without sounding ruder than intended, but i as a non conus user miss out on a lot around here, sometimes its understandable, but if an extra dollar or two is such a struggle, perhaps a thread where you are agreeing to ship something and cover the postage in exchange for receiving something  at random a relative stranger selects for you is not the right place to be                                         

I second Bunny on this one. If you don't want to ship internationally, don't sign up, it's that simple! I mean bloody hell, this is all in the sake of creating camaraderie and generosity, so let's keep that spirit alive!  ^-^
: CM Storm Trigger (MX Green) : KBT Pure Pro (MX Blue) :

Offline Trent

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 10:19:33 »

CPTBadAss gets me.  This is the reason.  I've sold roughly a dozen items internationally on eBay, they almost always go poorly, usually due to the other country's shipping irregularities.  And who gets yelled at, the simple seller who has no control over international post services.  Shipping to Brazil: never again.

Good, dude, shipping a single keycap internationally would not be expensive.  Where do all of you work?  McDonalds?

Not by a longshot, and that's a rather quick and rude judgement, but hey whatever I can take it.  :D

It is true non-CONUS people miss out on a lot on the forum, but it is sometimes understandable.  I've done a bunch of trades like this internationally and nationally, they're always easier if you don't have to ship internationally, but hey whatever its cool bro.

It'd be pretty simple to organize given the location field can be seen clearly on people's profiles.

------

But hey, forget I said anything!

Getting back to the actual conversation, I hope this single keycap exchange goes well for those who are involved!  Be sure to post pics of your grabs!  ;D

I hate fun
IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | FK-2000 | FK-8000 | FK-9000 | Fujitsu Peerless | Zenith Data Systems (Yellow ALPS!) | AEK

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 10:20:12 »
Bye Trent! You're missing out on some of the fun that goes on around here!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Trent

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 10:20:52 »

* CPTBadAss shrugs

I hate fun

Offline Trent

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 10:23:03 »
Bye Trent! You're missing out on some of the fun that goes on around here!!!

Seems like a good event of camaraderie and generosity, I'm sure it'll go well :)
I hate fun

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 10:24:45 »

* CPTBadAss shrugs

^^ for future reference more often than not *everything* I post is partially sarcastic and or joking.......in case anyone didn't already know that......

And I don't write anything when I ship.....well except when using envelopes.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 11:20:09 »
well there always has to be someone..... at least we can get on with the fun now

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 12:06:39 »
I'll join!
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 12:27:06 »

Offline Trent

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 12:47:24 »
well there always has to be someone..... at least we can get on with the fun now

What I can I say, I guess I'm a complete pain in the ass haha.  :p

Seriously tho I hope the exchange goes well.  ;D
I hate fun

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 12:50:30 »
So.. has the exchange begun? Has the first cap been sent? :eek:
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline tgujay

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 13:36:15 »
Gotta collect them all

Offline Trent

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 13:42:12 »
I hate fun

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 14:30:38 »

BUT... we love you anyway.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 14:35:56 »
Show Image

BUT... we love you anyway.

Show Image

your pack went out mashby, enjoy good sir

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #96 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 14:38:02 »
and so the exchange begins..
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Glissant

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 15:18:51 »
I can't wait to send mine =D. And of course I hope I get something cool too.

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #98 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 15:24:15 »
Can I get in on this?

Offline Trent

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 16:01:45 »
Can I get in on this?

But seriously yes you can, very early in the chain.  Hop on!
I hate fun