• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
cliche
« on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 05:40:40 »
so its happened, im becoming a geekhack cliche and converting to topre

i have fallen in love

with the news of the july 4grabs sale, i have some news also

if i manage to get a topre julysicle in the sale, ill be holding a massive mx giveaway, if i miss out on the july yumminess, ill have a big mx sale (bunnyprices)

if i have something you know you want, shoot me a pm prior to me putting anything up and it shall be yours, i have lots of goodies hidden away

i wont be ditching everything, i have a couple boards i couldnt ever part with, but a lot of stuff shall be changing hands

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: cliche
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 05:47:05 »
Mr Bunny sir, I hope you get a julysicle in the sale.

Not because you have offered to give away your MX stuff, but because you are a decent chap who deserves to get something nice that he really wants.

Oh and YGPM ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ImaMoFoThief

• I play DotA!
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 05:57:41 »
honestly i just want to buy a clack depending on the price
(Xender) and size probably matters
(Xender) but dont quote me on that
(Xender) and i just realized what i said

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 05:59:04 »
I hope you get what you are after, you deserve it. ^-^
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 06:14:12 »
Topre!? NOOOOOO, Bunny, NOOOOOOOoooooo.....

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 06:15:07 »

i just cant afford to drop the sort of money i would need for a nice MY setup moose

maybe i could  setup a donation link

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 06:16:53 »
I would donate to that cause. You need to feel the MY.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 06:17:19 »

i just cant afford to drop the sort of money i would need for a nice MY setup moose

maybe i could  setup a donation link

At least the truth is out there ;)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 06:19:18 »
I would donate to that cause. You need to feel the MY.

i dont wanna embarrass myself and get the wrong thing moose, could you perhaps do a detailed MY buyers guide for me

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 06:21:58 »
That's a good idea. I will have to work on that.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 06:26:40 »
Do you even G81-7000??

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 06:51:36 »
uhoh, i just got the dreaded customs slip through the post, with a nice hefty charge, ill have to go pick it up this evening, whats the bet it isnt something awesome im waiting for and some annoyingly small thing someone has sent me that has just tripled in cost

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 06:53:59 »
Good choice Bunny! Topre all the way!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 07:01:15 »
Good choice Bunny! Topre all the way!

oh sir, i am head over heals in love

and im just 3 clacks missing from an entire top row hehe

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 07:06:30 »
I did that and then immediately sold nearly all of them!

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 07:34:11 »
Fingers crossed the customs slip is just 'this keyring you bought for $10 will cost you $15.....

On the bright side I can see this creating a lot more Topre keycap GBs.
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 07:37:41 »
Fingers crossed the customs slip is just 'this keyring you bought for $10 will cost you $15.....

well the fee is roughly 45 dollars, ill shall let everyone know what it is when i get it, i have a horrible feeling it is going to be something small, and not one of the awesome things i am waiting on

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 07:44:53 »
Wow, Bunny, you have to be one of the most generous folks around. I have a feeling that if there are Topre julysicles in this sale, you'll be getting one... probably more than one! :)

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 07:46:49 »

well the fee is roughly 45 dollars, ill shall let everyone know what it is when i get it, i have a horrible feeling it is going to be something small, and not one of the awesome things i am waiting on

They whack on a fair amount for handling as I recall as well as the duty. The last time I was caught it was almost a toss up whether to let them keep it or pay.
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 07:46:56 »
Wow, Bunny, you have to be one of the most generous folks around. I have a feeling that if there are Topre julysicles in this sale, you'll be getting one... probably more than one! :)

id only take one, wouldnt wanna take the opportunity away from someone else, timezones make the sales hard for me sometimes, but i have my fingers crossed and thanks for the kind words

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 07:48:04 »

They whack on a fair amount for handling as I recall as well as the duty. The last time I was caught it was almost a toss up whether to let them keep it or pay.

well its either a keyboard, various possibilities of topre clacks or a custom keycap puller from nubbs or something random im totally forgetting

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 07:55:08 »
Do you have silenced Topre Bunny?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 07:56:28 »
Do you have silenced Topre Bunny?

nope i dont, just the standard pro 2 but i actually love the sound right now

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 07:59:04 »
I modded my white Pro2 with dental bands :D Sounds quieter and nicer to me :)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 08:05:32 »
I don't believe it bunny.. I can't believe it.. Another man lost to topre..

I'm trying out a variable realforce in the deskthority euro tour. Should arrive in a few weeks. I really hope I don't like it.

Also, if you have a cheap ass mx board let me know :))
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 08:08:22 »
I don't believe it bunny.. I can't believe it.. Another man lost to topre..

I'm trying out a variable realforce in the deskthority euro tour. Should arrive in a few weeks. I really hope I don't like it.

Also, if you have a cheap ass mx board let me know :))

i do love the switch, but the layout on the hhkb has gone a real long way to selling me as well, i dont think ill be getting a realforce, i think if im gonna get any more topre boards besides this one and the reverse color i have on the way itll be a projp

as for mx boards

i have lots, if i manage to get the clack i want in this sale, one is yours for cost of shipping, if i dont ill drop one to you cheap

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 08:13:02 »
i do love the switch, but the layout on the hhkb has gone a real long way to selling me as well, i dont think ill be getting a realforce, i think if im gonna get any more topre boards besides this one and the reverse color i have on the way itll be a projp

as for mx boards

i have lots, if i manage to get the clack i want in this sale, one is yours for cost of shipping, if i dont ill drop one to you cheap
I have never tried a HHKB layout. In fact I haven't even tried a 60%! Although I do have a GH60 coming my way soon so I'll have to see what all the fuss is about :)

Thanks so much for the possibility of a cheap board. This rubber dome is driving me mad. When I have my own board I will happily give you the board back, resell it and give you the money, or resell it and donate the money to GH.

https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 08:15:59 »
Although I've no experience with Topre, good on you for finding a soul-mate!   ;D

And please put me on your notification list once you decide what you're selling.  Please.  Pleasepleaseplease...!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 08:18:53 »
Although I've no experience with Topre, good on you for finding a soul-mate!   ;D

And please put me on your notification list once you decide what you're selling.  Please.  Pleasepleaseplease...!

i have a couple boards that will never leave me, particularly a poker i love that jd made for me with some donations from some nice folk around here, so ill never be totally out of mx, but i have fallen head over heels for the hhkb, so no point me hoarding so much mx stuff anymore, i would rather people who need it or would enjoy it to have it

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 08:31:06 »
I don't think it's a cliche. Cherry Mx are easy to get, have many mods (springs, stems...) accessories (aluminum cases, plates....) and have a low barrier to entry (low price) which are attractive to many people. However once you start really getting into Mx, it can get pretty expensive pretty quickly and often exceed the price of topre board. People often complain about topre prices, but in reality, it might be cheaper in the long run since it's a fairly restrictive switch type

Also, it's just a preference ^___^
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 08:33:46 »
Sometime I'd like to try a Topre board. I'm getting curious...
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 08:34:19 »
I don't think it's a cliche. Cherry Mx are easy to get, have many mods (springs, stems...) accessories (aluminum cases, plates....) and have a low barrier to entry (low price) which are attractive to many people. However once you start really getting into Mx, it can get pretty expensive pretty quickly and often exceed the price of topre board. People often complain about topre prices, but in reality, it might be cheaper in the long run since it's a fairly restrictive switch type

yeah, i have boards in mx that dwarf the price of topre, the cliche i was referring to tho is geekhackers who get a topre and then jump ship right away, i didnt think it would happen to me but something has just clicked, im not totally done, but i certainly see a lot less point to me hanging on to some of the stuff i have been keeping around now

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 08:36:47 »

It's the high point of entry. You can nickel and dime your way to being expensive with MX, thus have the opportunity to figure out preferences and such along the way. You have to drop a lot to touch Topre. What if it isn't for you? Now you're out that money...

But you wouldn't have that problem with MY.

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 08:37:33 »

yeah, i have boards in mx that dwarf the price of topre, the cliche i was referring to tho is geekhackers who get a topre and then jump ship right away, i didnt think it would happen to me but something has just clicked, im not totally done, but i certainly see a lot less point to me hanging on to some of the stuff i have been keeping around now

Ever since last year when I bought my 103u off the classifieds, I've owned nothing but Topre, until recently, I plan on purchasing a Phantom with Whites, just because I want to still own one MX board I can customize and have fun with. But nothing beats the feeling of cup rubber.
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 08:37:49 »
i didnt think it would happen to me but something has just thocked

Fixed!  :))
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 09:17:34 »
You took it as Julysicle? I took it as Salute!
Looking for CC's!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 09:22:02 »
You took it as Julysicle? I took it as Salute!

could be both sir

but i am almost certain there will be julys, perhaps he will do 3 salutes, 1 of each like the mr fridays in the 420 sale

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 09:32:23 »
Topre? no bunny.........why...  :D

Good luck in that clack sale!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 09:36:06 »

it had to happen at some point, i wanted to not like it i really did, but alas, it was meant to be

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 09:36:41 »

it had to happen at some point, i wanted to not like it i really did, but alas, it was meant to be

That's why I sold my FC660C so quick, I didn't want to get caught in the snare! ;)

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 09:38:27 »
i wanted to not like it i really did

I'm very sure that that happens to literally everyone. everyone i know wanted to know like it, and about half or so did, and about half or so didn't

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 09:41:37 »
i wanted to not like it i really did

I'm very sure that that happens to literally everyone. everyone i know wanted to know like it, and about half or so did, and about half or so didn't

the noise and the layout of the hhkb really helped me, i think if i tried a silenced realforce it would have been very different

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 09:43:26 »
ok, fair enough. i love my 60% size and all, but i don't think i could drop $270 on a factory 60% board...

hopefully i can try a full topre board at a meetup..

happy you found your switch!! enjoy!

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 09:45:24 »
ok, fair enough. i love my 60% size and all, but i don't think i could drop $270 on a factory 60% board...

hopefully i can try a full topre board at a meetup..

happy you found your switch!! enjoy!

We should do an east coast meetup before I head north in late august! I've got 3 topre's for people to try. :P
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 09:58:57 »
* don't think about it, just be happy with what you have. There is no need to go spending all that money on yet another keyboard *

* don't think about it, just be happy with what you have. Though maybe it would be nice to try Topre *

* don't think about it, just be happy with what you have. But what if I like Topre much better than my MX browns? *

* don't think about it, just be happy with what you have. Maybe when I have some more money to spend I will try it *

Damn

Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Ultratude

• Ultratude's Blog
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 10:04:54 »
Good luck in the sale, bunny.

Offline le_doosh

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 11:12:45 »
* don't think about it, just be happy with what you have. There is no need to go spending all that money on yet another keyboard *

* don't think about it, just be happy with what you have. Though maybe it would be nice to try Topre *

* don't think about it, just be happy with what you have. But what if I like Topre much better than my MX browns? *

* don't think about it, just be happy with what you have. Maybe when I have some more money to spend I will try it *

Damn
This had me laughing out loud. I couldn't have said thought it better myself

Offline affect656

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 20:03:12 »

Sorry they got you with that VAT fee :(
I like linear.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 20:16:31 »
Looking forward to the massive bunny sale and hope you get the julysicle.

What we need is a Topre Ergodox with a wooden case from the The_Beast.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 20:22:15 »
What we need is a MY Ergodox with a wooden case from the The_Beast.