Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8640371 times)

Offline justify

• Great news!
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #16250 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 12:49:32 »
Maybe a slightly contraversial opinion here, but here goes nevertheless.

Is everyone seriously buying that CC has had his caps robbed/stolen? Yes he may be homeless and what not and that is bad, but if he was broken into/robbed, I highly doubt that a burglar would see the plastic caps and be like "oh they look really valuable lets steal them rather than his other belongings" - Unless it was someone in the GH/reddit community that knew where he lives. With that in mind if they were seriously stolen wouldn't we see a boom in the clack market with clacks that we haven't seen? If I was a burglar I would not have taken some "plastic skull keycap crap" and instead taken things like electronics and his "crafting tools". This doesn't seem right with me, and yet everyone is buying it, and giving this guy sympathy, just use your own mind and don't follow the croud folks. This may seem tinfoil hat conspiracy theory here, but it just doesnt sit right.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #16251 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 13:24:42 »

Is everyone seriously buying that CC has had his caps robbed/stolen? Yes he may be homeless and what not and that is bad, but if he was broken into/robbed, I highly doubt that a burglar would see the plastic caps and be like "oh they look really valuable lets steal them rather than his other belongings" - Unless it was someone in the GH/reddit community that knew where he lives. With that in mind if they were seriously stolen wouldn't we see a boom in the clack market with clacks that we haven't seen? If I was a burglar I would not have taken some "plastic skull keycap crap" and instead taken things like electronics and his "crafting tools". This doesn't seem right with me, and yet everyone is buying it, and giving this guy sympathy, just use your own mind and don't follow the croud folks. This may seem tinfoil hat conspiracy theory here, but it just doesnt sit right.
I feel the same way as before, and agree with this.

Anyway moving on first week since the paypal case was opened no response as of yet 3 weeks remaining til it is escalated.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #16252 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 13:32:39 »
Yeah, at this point I chalking it up as a lost $105 and a cap given away that made someone happy (so out $160 after shipping I suppose).  Hopefully they do ship, but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #16253 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 13:48:03 »

It does sound very suspicious but one surefire way to get caught as a burglar is to sell your swag too soon, so assuming they did know the caps had value (which they must have, or they would have ignored them) they may be stashing them to sell once the cops stop looking.  It then comes down to whether Clack needed to say they were stolen to have a semi-plausible sob story and pull off the scam?  Not really.  He'd already disappeared for a week during the sale which set up his medical excuse.

To me having given it the thought you suggest there are three options:
  • He's an aspiring con-artist who has yet to learn the art of lying convincingly without going over the top (a common problem amongst bad liars)
  • He's young, stupid or on drugs of some kind and thought he needed more reasons to keep us sweet and still has good intentions of fulfilling the orders
  • It's a true story that you'd struggle to sell as being possible even in a movie
I don't know what to believe at this point but I have spent more on alcohol on a night out than the $115 I've got invested in this many, many times, so if I have been the victim of one of the longest setup (years) for minimal payout ($10,000) scams I've ever heard of so be it.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #16254 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 14:38:28 »

When Google Chrome starts sucking down an extra 2GB of RAM, I know Vesper has joined the thread. :thumb:
Show Image

LOLOL!

Guilty as charged...

Show Image

Show Image

HNNNNNNNNNNG TRIGGERED....

Natalie Portman is ultimate love... ever since I saw Leon as a lil' kid. We're talking like almost 20 years of love here...

ALL PRAISE NATALIE PORTMAN.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #16255 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 18:15:58 »
Yeah, at this point I chalking it up as a lost $105 and a cap given away that made someone happy (so out $160 after shipping I suppose).  Hopefully they do ship, but I'm not holding my breath.
ah, that sucks. I've almost forgotten this part of the clackvent - which again makes it even more unlikely that CC would string us/you like this.

Offline nukec

• that rug really tied the room together
« Reply #16256 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 18:38:35 »
How can we make dispute on paypal? I've had it, only brainwashed would believe in this still, after cc refused to login to account for 5 months and at least inform us what's happening. i'm getting my money..
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 July 2015, 18:40:07 by nukec »
HHKB Pro2, Poker2 Blue, KBPV60 Brown, DuckyShine3 Brown

Offline ImDaBaron

« Reply #16257 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 18:43:01 »
How can we make dispute on paypal? I've had it, only brainwashed would believe in this still, after cc refused to login to account for 5 months and at least inform us what's happening. i'm getting my money..

I think it's at the bottom of your order invoice

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #16258 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 18:45:11 »
go to paypal, find the payment when you sent it then expand it at the bottom where it gives all the details it says open case, and fill the details in give it three weeks before escalating to a case as it gives him time to respond
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #16259 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 23:37:56 »
Well the last day to file a complaint came and went yesterday. Really hoping what I put myself through over Clackvent wasn't a complete ****ing waste of time AND money.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #16260 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 23:40:43 »
Well the last day to file a complaint came and went yesterday. Really hoping what I put myself through over Clackvent wasn't a complete ****ing waste of time AND money.

Clack could possibly go down as the biggest troll and scammer of all GH time

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #16261 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 23:45:45 »

Clack could possibly go down as the biggest troll and scammer of all GH time

Show Image

Nah, DrugER made off w/ way more $$$$$$

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #16262 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 00:00:29 »
This is all still so unexpected but I will still hope for the best. Being busy helps, I hardly think about it so it doesnt get to me too much.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #16263 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 07:13:08 »
I know that the two clacks I bought will arrive in my postbox one day.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #16264 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 07:36:47 »
if they were seriously stolen wouldn't we see a boom in the clack market with clacks that we haven't seen?

There was a boom awhile back when a bunch of new Clacks appeared on eBay.  I can't find any links, so I don't remember if they would have come up before or after this occurred.  We all assumed it was Clack finally getting some of the second hand market prices, but maybe it wasn't?

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #16265 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 07:43:40 »
if they were seriously stolen wouldn't we see a boom in the clack market with clacks that we haven't seen?

There was a boom awhile back when a bunch of new Clacks appeared on eBay.  I can't find any links, so I don't remember if they would have come up before or after this occurred.  We all assumed it was Clack finally getting some of the second hand market prices, but maybe it wasn't?
Ya. I remember that too.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #16266 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 08:42:12 »

Ya. I remember that too.

The eBay user you are talking about sold lots of different caps, but started about a year ago / before the radnelac sale. I had them always saved on eBay when they popped up, but can't open the list because the seller was not sending outside the US and therefor I don't see the completed / sold items anymore!

[EDIT] Ah, the same seller changed the username sometimes later, and had some interesting colors and Clacks for sale. If I remember correctly naasfu was one of the first people who got a cap from this seller. It was kind of a constant source.

Here are some of them, I think from December 2014:

« Last Edit: Mon, 27 July 2015, 08:54:42 by madhias »
... ...

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #16267 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:34:16 »

/hugs bueller!

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #16268 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:37:20 »

Ya. I remember that too.

The eBay user you are talking about sold lots of different caps, but started about a year ago / before the radnelac sale. I had them always saved on eBay when they popped up, but can't open the list because the seller was not sending outside the US and therefor I don't see the completed / sold items anymore!

[EDIT] Ah, the same seller changed the username sometimes later, and had some interesting colors and Clacks for sale. If I remember correctly naasfu was one of the first people who got a cap from this seller. It was kind of a constant source.

Show Image

I don't think this seller stole the keys.

This seller also sold the Senuzite Owl CC which Punks bought. We were wondering the legitimacy of the Clack and then CC came out and vouched for it. If it were stolen by seller, he wouldn't have done that.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #16269 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:39:05 »

Ya. I remember that too.

Show Image

This seller also sold the Senuzite Owl CC which Punks bought. We were wondering the legitimacy of the Clack and then CC came out and vouched for it. If it were stolen by seller, he wouldn't have done that.

That's what I wanted to say! It was punks, not naasfu, that's what I mixed up.
... ...

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #16270 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:39:49 »

Ripster keeps a close eye on the Clack market. :p

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/search?q=skull+flair%3Abuying+author%3Aripster55&restrict_sr=on&sort=new&t=all

I wonder why... :rolleyes:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #16271 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:45:10 »

Not only that, but none of them had the Illuminati dots that the handful of Clackvent caps out there have.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #16272 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 11:39:06 »
Hmmm ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #16273 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 11:56:56 »
Did anyone get a reply when attempting to contact him via Paypal?

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #16274 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:27:04 »

nope
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #16275 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:42:51 »

nope
Also no
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #16276 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 14:45:21 »
Soo that rules out the "I can't access Geekhack at work" excuse.

Offline btctopre

« Reply #16277 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 14:45:55 »
i mean... his work e-mail/phone # is on the intertubes if one of you wants to cross that boundary. that's something well-beyond my comfort/moral zone, but if this is that serious to someone then better a GH'er making contact than paypal collections i suppose.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #16278 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 14:54:24 »
*ring *ring *ring

Hello? Could I speak to the manager there at FXE?

"One moment sir....."

*hold music

"Hello? This is Mr. Clackamania, senior vice president chairman of FXE Enterprises"

Oh great, hello there sir. I am calling on behalf of the Geekhack.org community. Not sure if you remember us but we're the folks that paid you roughly $10k about 6 months ago.

"Geekhack.org? oh yea, yea, yea...I'm glad you called. Here's the deal...."

TO BE CONTINUED

Offline ImDaBaron

« Reply #16279 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 15:00:59 »
The one thing that you can hope for is hopefully his bank takes notice of all the paypal dispute issues.

Offline ImDaBaron

« Reply #16280 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 15:29:54 »
Now if anybody is worried about getting there money back or if he even has that money still in his account I wouldnt worry. Paypal collections will go after him if his bank denies that transaction.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #16281 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 18:03:18 »

CC right now

don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #16282 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 18:20:27 »
Even if clack delivers eventually, this is really going to damage his reputation. No matter how this plays out, it's going to be **** for someone.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 July 2015, 18:39:44 by Air tree »

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #16283 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 18:22:56 »
Even if clack delivers eventually, this is really going to damage with reputation. No matter how this plays out, it's going to be **** for someone.

This will not affect value :P

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #16284 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 18:30:29 »
Even if clack delivers eventually, this is really going to damage with reputation. No matter how this plays out, it's going to be **** for someone.

This will not affect value :P
It will, it will make them more expensive, but yeah at this point I'm waiting as long as possible but more miffed it would be my first clack which I will never get and he was genuinely nice to talk with when I talked to him, shame he dropped off the face of the planet.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline Huxley2500

« Reply #16285 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 19:50:59 »
Now if anybody is worried about getting there money back or if he even has that money still in his account I wouldnt worry. Paypal collections will go after him if his bank denies that transaction.

Good luck.

ClickClack probably spent that $10,000 on medical bills.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #16286 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 20:00:45 »

When Google Chrome starts sucking down an extra 2GB of RAM, I know Vesper has joined the thread. :thumb:
Show Image

LOLOL!

Guilty as charged...

Show Image

Show Image

HNNNNNNNNNNG TRIGGERED....

Natalie Portman is ultimate love... ever since I saw Leon as a lil' kid. We're talking like almost 20 years of love here...

ALL PRAISE NATALIE PORTMAN.

Show Image

A man after my own heart.

Also, CC has always said to contact him via that email address rather than on GH or anything else.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #16287 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 06:55:36 »
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #16289 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 07:38:12 »
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #16290 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 07:40:13 »
Show Image
via Imgflip Meme Maker

Show Image

Chevy Chase's facial expressions are enough to make me laugh most of the time.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #16291 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 08:12:49 »

Pretty much sums up my feelings as well. I went through hell and more to score three wins, and yeah it will suck to lose $180 but I'll be more upset about the ridiculous amount of time I had invested. I camped that thread like CC was going to post the cure for cancer, it would be nice to say that wasn't all for nothing.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16292 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 08:17:56 »

Pretty much sums up my feelings as well. I went through hell and more to score three wins, and yeah it will suck to lose $180 but I'll be more upset about the ridiculous amount of time I had invested. I camped that thread like CC was going to post the cure for cancer, it would be nice to say that wasn't all for nothing.

+1

Moreover, I stuffed up my front body of my car trying to enter clackvent while driving
argghhhhh..... the car bill it self was hitting me hard
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #16293 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 08:28:40 »

Well the last day to file a complaint came and went yesterday. Really hoping what I put myself through over  wasn't a complete ****ing waste of time AND money.

I want to believe but now I am reminded to the ridiculous amount of time and sleepless nights I put in as well just to catch one of those Clackvent timing. And then those stares from friends, co workers and family when I dropped what I was doing, excuse myself during business meetings so that I could post that one character. That's the type of  commitment we put  to 'play' his game, as he clearly spelt out on his OP. So, here's hoping he's able to keep his part of the commitment.

Offline R1N3

« Reply #16294 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 09:07:06 »
#forjess

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16295 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 09:23:51 »

Well the last day to file a complaint came and went yesterday. Really hoping what I put myself through over  wasn't a complete ****ing waste of time AND money.

I want to believe but now I am reminded to the ridiculous amount of time and sleepless nights I put in as well just to catch one of those Clackvent timing. And then those stares from friends, co workers and family when I dropped what I was doing, excuse myself during business meetings so that I could post that one character. That's the type of  commitment we put  to 'play' his game, as he clearly spelt out on his OP. So, here's hoping he's able to keep his part of the commitment.

I feel like you guys need CC Anonymous meetings. Dat addiction is real.

Offline R1N3

« Reply #16296 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 09:33:03 »

It was never addiction for Ryne..

It was force of will?

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #16297 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 09:52:02 »

Haha glad I am not the only one who excused themselves from meetings :)

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #16298 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 09:56:16 »

I want to believe but now I am reminded to the ridiculous amount of time and sleepless nights I put in as well just to catch one of those  timing. And then those stares from friends, co workers and family when I dropped what I was doing, excuse myself during business meetings so that I could post that one character. That's the type of  commitment we put  to 'play' his game, as he clearly spelt out on his OP. So, here's hoping he's able to keep his part of the commitment.

You were not there. You will not understand the hype at that time  :rolleyes: :-X

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #16299 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 09:59:50 »

I'm embarrassed to admit to all the places I posted from ... Date night with the wife, middle of one-on-one meetings with the head of my dept, family dinners, sitting at stop lights, with one eye open at 4AM on work nights, etc.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)