Author Topic: Dear Geekhackers,  (Read 2919 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Dear Geekhackers,
« on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 23:19:24 »
If I've been an ******* to you, I am sorry.

I know I can be negative most of the time, I don't know why. It's part of my nature for some reason, and I'm trying to change it. I tend to have a short fuse and I don't like it.

I don't want to name people specifically, because that's between me and them. But if you have any problems with me because I've been a **** to you in the past, do let me know. I'm not a bad guy, I promise.

I sometimes forget we are a community and we need to get along. Regardless of our interests, we share one which is what brought us here.

Again, I'm sorry.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
Re: Dear Geekhackers,
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 23:23:30 »
We will always love you demik.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 01:23:06 »
We still love you demik.

Sometimes your cynicism in a thread is good - it breaks up the bitter and petty squabbling that there seems to have been more of lately.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 01:23:36 »
you gave me my lindy, and thus i love you  :-*

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 01:48:43 »

Offline iri

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 05:08:41 »
GO TO THE GYM
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 05:11:45 »
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Batmann

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 05:31:09 »
for some reasons I liked you from start,
I think that's because of your  "choo choo mother****ers"!

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 05:41:13 »
You're all right demik.
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline iri

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 06:02:13 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 July 2013, 06:05:25 by iri »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 06:02:33 »
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline iri

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 06:05:36 »
edited!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 06:13:32 »
<3

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 06:16:16 »
i always thought you were a stand up guy sir, but thats a very cool post and i hope more people feel the same way
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 06:34:29 »
Whew....I thought this was going to be another, I'm leaving thread....;)

Hey we can't all be happy, all the time!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 06:55:15 »
Nice post. Now what'd you do with the real demik?

And nice Aes Rock signature.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 07:48:26 »
I'll forgive you if you come visit me #EASTSIDE

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 07:49:09 »
Meetup at Acetrak's place!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 07:52:44 »
Hmm... it seems none of the people who have posted thus far have bumped heads with you.

Personally, I don't let many things affect me on a personal level. I just gauge the situation. For the most part, I choose to ignore when you start your little outbursts of negativity.

It does seem to me, however, that that is your calling. You seem to post more about the "drama" than anything else.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 07:59:53 »
Hmm... it seems none of the people who have posted thus far have bumped heads with you.

Personally, I don't let many things affect me on a personal level. I just gauge the situation. For the most part, I choose to ignore when you start your little outbursts of negativity.

It does seem to me, however, that that is your calling. You seem to post more about the "drama" than anything else.

We all know this places gets extremely boring when 'some' people STOP posting, so please everyone

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 08:29:46 »
Partially off-topic, but whatever. Not about demik anyway, my single transaction with him was straight-up.

These "warm and fuzzy" threads are nice, and all that, but where does all this personal stuff come in, anyway?

It is interesting to "get to know" the members of the community, and I particularly like seeing what you all actually look like in real life (should have put quotes around that phrase, too).

But while merely expressing opinions is usually acceptable, endless arguments and bickering are usually destructive to the community (ie dozens of increasingly lengthy and hostile posts from both sides on race relations - that is something not likely to be resolved on a keyboard forum!). At least keep the fisticuffs to squabbles over the virtues of various types of I/O hardware.

Look at Ripster as an example, once one of the most generous and prestigious members of this community, who abruptly descended into particularly ugly and venomous personal attacks and senseless trolling.

Everyone should have the right to express opinions, particularly contrasting ones, but say your piece and let it go.

Just my opinion, of course.
“This isn’t the same Trump that got elected in 2016, he’s worse.”
“Something snapped in this guy — for real — when he lost in 2020,” Biden said, suggesting the former president was “unhinged” and was the driving force behind a mob of his supporters overrunning the US Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021."
“He can’t accept the fact that he lost, it’s literally driving him crazy,” Biden said.
He added that the former president “wants to terminate the Constitution” and “says if he loses there will be a bloodbath in America.”
“What kind of man is this?”  Biden asked. — June 3, 2024

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 08:31:35 »

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 08:35:26 »
^^ GOD DAMMIT. EVERY TIME I CHOOSE TO POST SOMETHING, SOMEONE ALWAYS DOES IT BEFORE ME.
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites