Author Topic: IBM Model F XT 83-key $25 @ 1 day, 6 hours  (Read 3571 times)

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
Re: IBM Model F XT 83-key $25 @ 1 day, 6 hours
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 10:02:25 »
I am currently the high bidder on this thing.  Please outbid me at $26.  I don't want it anymore.  Seriously.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 10:24:38 »
I am currently the high bidder on this thing.  Please outbid me at $26.  I don't want it anymore.  Seriously.

It's actually $41 shipped so I won't call that an outrageously good deal. Just in line with what people should expect to pay for a Model F XT. But why are you changing your mind? Is it the modding that you've decided not to deal with anymore?

Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 11:12:05 »

It's actually $41 shipped so I won't call that an outrageously good deal. Just in line with what people should expect to pay for a Model F XT. But why are you changing your mind? Is it the modding that you've decided not to deal with anymore?

I just bought a couple other boards for projects and I don't need another project clogging up my shelves.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 13:08:38 »
Ha!

My projects will take at least a few more years. I've just added bolt modding to my neverending list in my quest to create a perfect keyboard. Given that I have zero technical skills, it will be two years before I come back with a bolt modded keyboard, I'd bet!

I just bought a couple other boards for projects and I don't need another project clogging up my shelves.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 20:14:15 »
got mein for 80 shipped NIB
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 22:15:03 »
NIB? This is true luck! Or is it refreshing your ebay search every 5 minutes?
 :p :p :p

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 22:23:38 »
The winner will enjoy the mod :-b
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 22:49:05 »

XT's don't tend to sell for much since the layout is so bad
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 02:38:08 »
AH< but that is NIB. So it's a collector's price, not a modder's price.

A modder could take a $5 keyboard and turn it into a dream. A collector wants NIB for collection's sake.

XT's don't tend to sell for much since the layout is so bad

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 07:33:32 »

back in the days I had my way of browsing ebay for IBM's, these were boards from Rutenberg corp I think. When the guy started selling them people were on it like crazy, some bids reached up to $400..... I waited for the coast to clear up and nailed mein for $80 shipped
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 13:01:17 »
Yea, if somebody could make $26 bid in the next 2.5 hours so I don't have to buy this thing, that would be great.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 15:56:25 »
Somebody snatched it up for $26. Oh thank you, random stranger.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 20:34:06 »

Congratulations on your good fortune. These things have been trading in the $40-$50 range shipped, so that is about right.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 20:53:13 »

Congratulations on your good fortune. These things have been trading in the $40-$50 range shipped, so that is about right.

It wasn't you, was it?  I'll be sending a thank you card, complete with the finest remaining caps from my SP crap bag.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 07:18:18 »
It wasn't you, was it? 

No, not me. I am done with F-XTs in general, but would buy one if it was really cheap.

I went through 3-4 a couple of years ago, before Soarer, and had one scrapped for parts.

I picked up a couple of them several months ago. Both were dirty and needed work, but even fully restored I only got about $35 each for them, so I decided it was not worth it. If I could get one delivered for well under $30 I might consider it.

PS - when sellers refer to price it is always without shipping, but buyers like to consider shipping as part of the price
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline xmagusx

• QWERTY is hateful.
    • The Ergonomic Zone
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 09:02:40 »
PS - when sellers refer to price it is always without shipping, but buyers like to consider shipping as part of the price
I would counter that sellers tend to talk about the price, whereas buyers tend to talk about the cost.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 10:29:47 »
I would counter that sellers tend to talk about the price, whereas buyers tend to talk about the cost.

All anyone cares about is the net change in the balance of their account when it is all over.

Since I have done nearly as much selling as I have buying, I have come to feel that it is my responsibility, as a seller, to pack an item well and hand it off to "somebody" for delivery.

Whatever costs and risks occur after it leaves my hands are the responsibility of the buyer. Ownership of the item changed hands when it crossed the counter at the shipper's.

If you buy a keyboard from me, it is not my responsibility to ensure that it arrives safely in your hands, it is my responsibility to send it on its way to the best of my ability.

At least that is my opinion. It has been my observation that 2%-5% of online transactions fail for whatever reasons, and those failures are often not the fault of either seller or buyer.
- Jimmy Carter 2015