Author Topic: So about the classifieds...  (Read 32559 times)

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
So about the classifieds...
« on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 15:16:12 »
I think it is kind of annoying when people post a thread about their upcoming sale to build suspense or whatever.  Can't we just post the thread whenever we have the sale ready?

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Re: So about the classifieds...
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 15:17:44 »
People like to feel special and build hype about them selling CC's.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 15:18:31 »
You just don't understand how to properly test the waters!

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 15:19:15 »
People like to feel special and build hype about them selling CC's.
Yes that is why I posted this thread.  I think it is obnoxious.  Just post your sale thread whenever you have your list of items compiled.

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 15:36:21 »
I personally enjoy reading the hype and testing waters threads.
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 15:57:14 »
TW threads strike me as scummy behavior. I vote we get rid of them. And I really would be highly disappointed if I see another moderator post one.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:01:19 »
Are there any rules other than having to have 60 posts and the 24 hour bumping (which is abused also), when it comes to the classifieds?

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:02:01 »
I forgot the M in the title. Trading With Moose

Maa bad!
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:02:07 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47602.0

But that thread ended in a deal? How does that count towards what you're talking about here?

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:02:44 »

But that thread ended in a deal? How does that count towards what you're talking about here?
Why not PM him about it instead of posting a thread?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:03:08 »
2meta2furious

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:03:33 »

transparency, people always complaining about clack trades via Pm so.....

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:04:53 »
My goodness. I was right the other day when I said geekhack doesn't know what it wants. You want transparency, and then when you get it, you complain about something else. Make up your minds!

Offline phx

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:05:10 »
came here wanting to start a topic, but hey look, I'm not the only one
this **** needs to stop, it's just spam and stupid

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47608.0

no more posts in classifieds without actually having something listed for sale,buy,trade

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:06:38 »
My goodness. I was right the other day when I said geekhack doesn't know what it wants. You want transparency, and then when you get it, you complain about something else. Make up your minds!

Seriously. At one point everyone was complaining about PM trades and how shady it is.

Now you get everything open in the public and the *****ing continues.

Just let people go about their own business, stop trying to get involved.
I love Elzy

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:07:21 »
Why would people care about stuff you trade over PM?  That is stupid.  I have a problem with profiteering Clacks, not trading over PM.  That is your business.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:07:41 »
I just keep getting disappointed when I see TW, thinking someone is going to sell some transparent wood.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:08:46 »

Seriously. At one point everyone was complaining about PM trades and how shady it is.

It's less about trading in public than posting TW threads or classifieds threads with nothing in them, trying to build suspense for your future sale.  Just post your FS thread when you figure out what all is gonna be in it.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:09:17 »
I just keep getting disappointed when I see TW, thinking someone is going to sell some transparent wood.

Goddamn spamray.

That is actually, 100% no trolling or sarcasm, some awesome sounding stuff.  Make some literal glass houses with that.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:11:46 »

It's less about trading in public than posting TW threads or classifieds threads with nothing in them, trying to build suspense for your future sale.  Just post your FS thread when you figure out what all is gonna be in it.

To be fair, both of us listed what was being trade. All my Mx stuff and all moose's BS stuff.

It was a trade made in heaven!

Offline phx

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:12:12 »

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:12:48 »

Tym wants... :-X
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:12:58 »

It's the same logic as having an IC for a groupbuy. If someone's unsure of whether or not what they're selling may be of interest to people or not, there's no point in wasting their own time writing up an entire FS thread only to get no interest.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:13:17 »

To be fair, both of us listed what was being trade. All my Mx stuff and all moose's BS stuff.

It was a trade made in heaven!

This.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:15:20 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:13:29 »

Goddamn spamray.

That is actually, 100% no trolling or sarcasm, some awesome sounding stuff.  Make some literal glass houses with that.

I've also dreamed of having a wood cable also but didn't post because I didn't know if my body was truly ready in the event someone wood make one.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:15:39 »

It's the same logic as having an IC for a groupbuy. If someone's unsure of whether or not what they're selling may be of interest to people or not, there's no point in wasting their own time writing up an entire FS thread only to get no interest.
Oh come on don't play dumb.  You know what you have.  All of the recent TW bull**** and empty sale threads have been for rare stuff.  You know that there will be demand for your stuff.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:17:42 »

Tym wants... :-X

http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663564/milan-preview-nendo-invents-transparent-wood

^^ maybe we could get some cases made out of this to get us buy in the meantime

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:18:44 »

Oh come on don't play dumb.  You know what you have.  All of the recent TW bull**** and empty sale threads have been for rare stuff.  You know that there will be demand for your stuff.

And Beast and I knew what each other had, and wanted those things. Why would we waste time typing everything out?

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:21:19 »

And Beast and I knew what each other had, and wanted those things. Why would we waste time typing everything out?
So take it to PM.  People getting butthurt over PM trading are stupid.  These threads are pretty useless and clutter classifieds.

Also you aren't the only offender here don't think I'm just talking to you.  There have been MANY times where members post a FS thread with NOTHING in it (presumably to build suspense) and then wait till later to post all of their items for sale.  That clutters the classifieds and is just straight up annoying.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:23:51 »
2meta2furious

snip

These threads are pretty useless and clutter classifieds.

snip this, too

Offline phx

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:24:00 »
[IC] exists because it takes a lot of time to set up a GB.
only takes a few minutes to type up a friken sales thread, plus you are trying to sell stuff for money.
and why would you ever write a IC for stuff you have to sell? What would you write? "I have X, would anyone be interested in buying it if I put it on sale?", then just friken write "I have X for sale". it's the samething. bringing up useless hype for a sale is stupid, even more stupid when you don't follow through it.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:25:07 »
only takes a few minutes to type up a friken sales thread, plus you are trying to sell stuff for money.
and why would you ever write a IC for stuff you have to sell? What would you write? "I have X, would anyone be interested in buying it if I put it on sale?", then just friken write "I have X for sale". it's the samething.

It was Trading With Moose, but I forgot the M

Nothing was for sale

Offline phx

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:25:28 »
and why would you ever write a IC for stuff you have to sell? What would you write? "I have X, would anyone be interested in buying it if I put it on sale?", then just friken write "I have X for sale". it's the samething.

Nothing, I was Trading With Moose, but forgot the M

Nothing was for sale

then why did you make a post?

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:25:44 »

transparency, people always complaining about clack trades via Pm so.....

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:26:44 »
It should have been a MT then not a WT

[Moose Trade] :))
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline phx

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:26:56 »
how would people even know if you are trading in private?
obviously you are doing something wrong.

posting it in public is basically a giant middle finger to the public
"HEY IM SELLING THIS AWESOME ITEM TO THIS GUY, YOU CANT HAVE IT!"

just keep it to yourselves...

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:28:25 »
People do get butthurt about that for some reason which is retarded.  There is no reason for people to get upset about trading clacks over PM.

I still think these threads are ****ing stupid, and the stupidity is not exclusive to Beast and moose's threads.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:29:49 »
It's literally too painful to watch this go any further, so call this the gun shot behind the barn:

They're trolling you because you're letting them.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:31:06 »
It's literally too painful to watch this go any further, so call this the gun shot behind the barn:

Okay so I'm confused now, the threads were a joke?

If so then they were essentially useless **** in classifieds which annoys me further.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:31:18 »

I think they know when I go

*What I got in the Mail today* [thread]

"SpamRay just sent me some meth, it tasted great"

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:33:35 »

If so then they were essentially useless **** in classifieds which annoys me further.

No it wasn't a joke... and they're not useless either if the two threads brought together a trade. I don't understand why people are butthurt about people posting trade threads. Both parties listed what they had for trade. They ended up PMing each other after discovering what each other had through reading their threads. The deal was made. It's not your business nor mine or any one elses but them two.
I love Elzy

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:34:35 »

No it wasn't a joke... and they're not useless either if the two threads brought together a trade. I don't understand why people are butthurt about people posting trade threads. Both parties listed what they had for trade. They ended up PMing each other after discovering what each other had through reading their threads. The deal was made. It's not your business nor mine or any one elses but them two.

Well, I thought I'd get away with defusing the situation with a fib...

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:34:38 »

I was wondering what that was!

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:35:34 »

I have seen the light with my newly acquired model F AT, so I have decided to sell all my Mx gear since it is now worthless.

I'll have a list of what I'm selling later.....

Wait till later to post your thread.  How am I supposed to know what all of your MX gear is.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:35:59 »

Let me know if you need some for school!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:37:16 »

Reported for attempting to deal drugs.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:40:53 »

I thought he said math! :eek:

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:41:47 »
Classifieds are turning into a testing waters circlejerk quickly.

I and many other members would appreciate some moderation on it.

Not only that but the members should know better by now.

Moose and Beast are old school members that know whats up, so quite frankly this immature, unnecessary propagation of drama is unexpected from them.

That being said, just because they are generally respected people, does not mean they shouldn't be taken action on.

Grow up kids.

Kangaroo~
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 16:43:00 »

I thought he said math! :eek:

Hahahahaha, now I look like I sell drugs to kiddies :/