Author Topic: new CODE keyboard from WASDkeyboards  (Read 101540 times)

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
Re: new CODE keyboard from WASDkeyboards
« Reply #350 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 12:22:33 »
The pinging is, in my opinion, due to the springs in the switches resonating
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline avtar

« Reply #351 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 12:25:10 »
I wonder if it's just an issue with certain batches. Out of curiosity are you using the ones with clear of green switches?
Clear switches, all keys on both boards. Latest batch that came in late April.

Ah great.. so now I have that to look forward to once mine arrives  :(

Offline tozz

« Reply #352 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 12:27:45 »
I wonder if it's just an issue with certain batches. Out of curiosity are you using the ones with clear of green switches?

If I didn't already pay a lot of taxes and customs fees on mine and the shipping back would se me back even more I would return them without a doubt.
Using: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (ISO) MX Brown. Archived: Filco Majestouch (ISO) MX Blue, Ducky Shine 2 (ISO) MX Black. Sold: Ducky Shine 3 (ISO) MX Brown, CODE TKL MX Clear.

Offline Awful

• Don't Topre.
« Reply #353 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 14:31:03 »
My code came today (with clears) and it's sexual chocolate. I've never tried clears ever and I believe I have now found my favorite switch. I've also never owned a backlit board. I loaf it.
I hate everything.

Offline reefchief

new CODE keyboard from WASDkeyboards
« Reply #354 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 14:44:49 »
mine came today too. Its my SECOND favorite, still behind my topre 55g. But my favorite cherry switch so far. No pings or pongs except stabliziers that need lubing.

Backlight with the white place is very nice. dip switches are usefull too.

Some pics

« Last Edit: Fri, 02 May 2014, 14:49:27 by reefchief »
QFR TKL Blue / Topre 55g realforce TKL

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #355 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 15:24:08 »

for what its worth, my TKL that i bought the same batch time as JD doesn't ping.

Offline tozz

« Reply #356 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 16:01:05 »
I noticed now that's it's not even the keys but rather the entire board. Tapping it on the side also makes it ring. I wonder if there's something not fitted together properly. Can't figure out how to open this thing and take a look either, my skills with tools are, well.. limited :)
Using: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (ISO) MX Brown. Archived: Filco Majestouch (ISO) MX Blue, Ducky Shine 2 (ISO) MX Black. Sold: Ducky Shine 3 (ISO) MX Brown, CODE TKL MX Clear.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #357 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 16:45:17 »
Mine pings like a mofo too (latest batch in April 104 mx clears)
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #358 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 16:47:30 »

Quick video, as you can see you don't even have to press the keys, just touch them.
http://pixelsinlove.se/temp/ping.mp4

Thanks for the video, mine makes the same noise running my fingers across them like you did in the video.

I've been using the keyboard at work for the last three weeks and haven't noticed it though. Not a deal killer at all for me, I still really like the board, moreso than any other MX board I've owned (CM, Nighthawk, Filco, Ducky, Leopold).

I'll be putting the black thick PBT set on the clear board whenever those ship from the group buy. And when my green board comes in I'll put a set of thick grey PBT on them, so we'll see if that helps that pinging sound. Either way it doesn't bother me.

Offline reefchief

« Reply #359 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 17:03:58 »
black blank pbt with the backlight on would be bad ass  :cool:

Im planning to put granite on mine. I LOVE the clears (as far as mx goes) but I dont care for these keycaps. I like a textured pbt cap like the realforce or even more.
QFR TKL Blue / Topre 55g realforce TKL

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #360 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 17:11:11 »

Quick video, as you can see you don't even have to press the keys, just touch them.

Yes, that's exactly how mine sounds with the ping.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #361 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 17:34:05 »

Maybe I have bad ears?? I hear no ping. Definitely hear it here.

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #362 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 17:36:52 »
nonsensical pics
I thought the red on red looked cool. 

Offline tozz

« Reply #363 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 17:38:40 »

Maybe I have bad ears?? I hear no ping. Definitely hear it here.
With headphones it should be quite clear, I have a harder time hearing it on my desktop speakers. I wonder if it's the steel backplate they're bragging about on the home page, seems like something that would vibrate/resonate quite a lot.

Offline jennb

« Reply #364 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 19:01:45 »
Lots of pinging from every key on mine -- so unlike my previous experience with a Filco with reds, a Ducky with blues, and topres. I thought the pinging on the WASD might be a defect -- it was *that* annoying to my ears. I am hoping some lube & springs make it a tiny bit less pingy, but I fear the dreaded ping will persist.

I also prefer keys a bit closer together like HHKB2 and even the Filco TKL I owned.

That said, the clear switch is worth it, and the quality seems pretty good.

Now there's really just green left to try.
Keyboards: Code MX Clear, Minivan Aliaz switches
Keycap sets: DSA Granite, SA Ice Cep

Offline Folio

• I'm a nice guy.
« Reply #365 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 19:19:09 »
I just got my CODE Clears 87 Key from WASD's latest April batch today. I took all those matte black ABS key caps off and slapped on a set of Vortex thick PBT double shots with one exception of the escape key which I got from a recent Massdrop: a zinc "bronze" finish Iron Man head. Take a look:

63379-0

63381-1

63383-2

63385-3

Here's a couple shots of the LED's in the Caps Lock and the Scroll Lock indicators. When seen from above, it's blinding, but when sitting regularly at my desk, it's just fine. Not as blinding as the V1 of their keyboards which is also shown below:

63387-4

63389-5

63391-6

REVIEW

My main board is currently a 55g Realforce with Topre switches. Typing on the CODE board feels very similar in weight but I can actually stop myself from bottoming out unlike on the Realforce. It's a really nice feeling. Like the key gets heavier as it goes down, especially midway through the push. I was originally going to put black o-rings on it, but it turns out that it's very unnecessary because clears are already really quiet and typing lightly past the bump actuates the key before it can bottom out with that CLACK.

The build quality is phenomenal. Very sturdy feeling. No flexy parts. Very textured case. Nice weightyness to it.

There were a few things that I noticed though:

1. Ping. It's seriously not that bad, but it's definitely audible. This is actually the first board I've ever owned that had ping. Honestly, it seems like some of you guys make it worse than it really is. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a super OCD kinda guy. The box it came in was caved in a little bit, probably from shipping. I scoured the entire keyboard for like an hour trying to find something physically wrong with it. But ping...... Please. It really doesn't matter. I'm fine with it, but this still goes under CONS because it's frankly not supposed to be like this.

2. Cable doesn't stay in the grooves that well. Underneath the board are guides for the USB cable. You really gotta hold em in there for a while to make sure they stay. Other than that, the micro USB side that goes into the board itself seems very sturdy (both cable and the input jack).

3. When I was installing my Vortex key cap set, I noticed that they didn't lube the stabilizers on all the keys that had them (except for the spacebar). So I relubed them, and they're all fine and dandy now, but they were before I did this too. Just so you know, it might be a problem later if you don't lube them. Squeaky keys and such... Anyways, I found it really hard to put the keys back on because the stabilizers wouldn't rotate all the way out. Don't know why because my other WASD did. This made it rather difficult to gauge if they were on or not. Also, after installing the spacebar, I noticed that it now clicked like a Cherry MX Blue. LOL. WAT? I took it off and relubed it, but the click still persisted. I assume it's just the new spacebar's minutely larger size/thickness/weight that is doing something weird under there. Doesn't bother me because it still functions just fine.

Other than those 3 things, I rly like this board and am planning on using it at work as my main go-to.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #366 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 20:15:16 »

I also prefer keys a bit closer together like HHKB2 and even the Filco TKL I owned.

You feel like the spacing is different from a Filco TKL?? Looks like standard TKL layout no?

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #367 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 20:19:31 »
Nice review. Sums the board up perfectly. I like seeing how it'll look with some pbt caps.

Offline jennb

« Reply #368 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 20:38:59 »
You feel like the spacing is different from a Filco TKL?? Looks like standard TKL layout no?

It does seem that way, the code 104 seems like it has a tiny bit more between the keys themselves. But maybe that's only the visual effect of the white between the keys on the Code that makes me think the spacing is different.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #369 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 20:52:01 »

It does seem that way, the code 104 seems like it has a tiny bit more between the keys themselves. But maybe that's only the visual effect of the white between the keys on the Code that makes me think the spacing is different.

Oh yeah your right I think it may be the white plate and light.I had a QF TK and I think it had a similar affect.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #370 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 01:00:47 »
mine came today too. Its my SECOND favorite, still behind my topre 55g. But my favorite cherry switch so far. No pings or pongs except stabliziers that need lubing.

Backlight with the white place is very nice. dip switches are usefull too.

Some pics

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Nice black keyboard with white LED and plate, but your space bar appears to be defective.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Folio

• I'm a nice guy.
« Reply #371 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 12:49:30 »

Nice black keyboard with white LED and plate, but your space bar appears to be defective.

What you mean? He didn't mention anything about the spacebar. Are you talking about his RF in the back?
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 May 2014, 13:15:17 by Folio »

Offline jterp7

• good typing
« Reply #372 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 13:06:45 »
Probably referring to the white not being visible on the spacebar? Looks normal from the mfg website pics. Anyone know why wasd is no longer listed in the vendor forums?

Offline Folio

• I'm a nice guy.
« Reply #373 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 13:17:27 »
Probably referring to the white not being visible on the spacebar? Looks normal from the mfg website pics. Anyone know why wasd is no longer listed in the vendor forums?

Mine's actually like that too. It's cuz the LED is right above the switch in the middle of the spacebar, so only the top middle portion gets lit up. The mfg pics probably have been shopped a bit to make it look prettier no doubt.

Offline fatmav

« Reply #374 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 13:22:12 »
The spacebar switch on mine does not have an LED. That is the only switch on the entire keyboard (87 Clear) that does not feature an LED.

Offline Folio

• I'm a nice guy.
« Reply #375 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 13:32:19 »
The spacebar switch on mine does not have an LED. That is the only switch on the entire keyboard (87 Clear) that does not feature an LED.

Woah. You're right. i just looked.... haha. wth?

Also, fair warning: the white backplate scratches reallllllly easily. You will mark up that thing to black if you're not careful. And one more caveat: it's like impossible to flip out the feet underneath. You gotta have really long nails or use like a screwdriver or something.
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 May 2014, 16:22:12 by Folio »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #376 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 16:19:00 »

Perhaps it is about the size of the area of the top of the keycap? I noticed that the top area of the keycap on my HHKB is just 1-2mm less than on my Filco TKL, thereby increasing the gap between keys as the physical spacing of the keys/ switches seems to be the same. But it does make it easier for me to make less mistakes.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #377 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 16:22:23 »
The Code case is a little bigger than the filco
at least the TKL one.
The Filco ends basically where the keycaps are on the Code, its basically like half a CM longer.

This causes the spacing to be wider.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #378 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 16:54:27 »
at least the TKL one.
The Filco ends basically where the keycaps are on the Code, its basically like half a CM longer.

PICS!!!!!!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #379 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 16:59:04 »
at least the TKL one.

For reference, the full size CODES is just a bit larger than my ducky shine 2.

Offline jennb

« Reply #380 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 17:10:37 »
Thanks IPT & iLLucionist & SpAmRaY for the input!

Offline fatmav

« Reply #381 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 17:19:11 »
Code just has more padding the side and the key layout is essentially the same as a Filco. The padding on the TKL is not done very well too... you can see from the pictures that the padding on the right on the Code is much thicker than the padding on the left. In contrast, it's perfectly symmetric in the Filco.

Filco MJ2 TKL on top
Code Clear TKL on bottom

Offline Folio

• I'm a nice guy.
« Reply #382 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 17:23:58 »
Code just has more padding the side and the key layout is essentially the same as a Filco. The padding on the TKL is not done very well too... you can see from the pictures that the padding on the right on the Code is much thicker than the padding on the left. In contrast, it's perfectly symmetric in the Filco.

Filco MJ2 TKL on top
Code Clear TKL on bottom

AH! You're absolutely right. My CODE TKL also has a very fat right side padding.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #383 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 17:52:29 »
so anyone open up one of these things?  Or pop open a WASD V2?  i've been trying to find a disassemble guide or something for it.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #384 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 18:33:33 »

Filco MJ2 TKL on top
Code Clear TKL on bottom

AH! You're absolutely right. My CODE TKL also has a very fat right side padding.

Thanks for the pics. Weird though, really weird.

Offline wasdkeyboards

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #385 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 19:42:35 »
Key Spacing:
Our key spacing is identical to Filco. Any perceived difference is simply because the white backplate makes the gap appear larger. Our case is slightly thicker, but that does not affect the key spacing.

Spacebar:
Since the spacebar does not have a legend to be illuminated, no LED is installed in that switch.

Case padding:
I admit there definitely could have been much improvement here. It was the result of a mistake from our tooling vendor, but due to time to remake the mold, we were basically forced to stick with it. While it's noticeable, it's something you'd probably never notice again after a few days.
Questions and comments, please visit our Geekhack: WASD Keyboards Vendor Forum
WASDKeyboards.com - Custom Mechanical Keyboards

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #386 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 19:56:51 »
Key Spacing:
Our key spacing is identical to Filco. Any perceived difference is simply because the white backplate makes the gap appear larger. Our case is slightly thicker, but that does not affect the key spacing.

Spacebar:
Since the spacebar does not have a legend to be illuminated, no LED is installed in that switch.

Case padding:
I admit there definitely could have been much improvement here. It was the result of a mistake from our tooling vendor, but due to time to remake the mold, we were basically forced to stick with it. While it's noticeable, it's something you'd probably never notice again after a few days.

Can you speak to the awful ping people are experiencing?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #387 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 20:59:39 »

What you mean? He didn't mention anything about the spacebar. Are you talking about his RF in the back?

Actually I was referring to the fact that the space bar is backwards.  It is a long-standing joke around here :)

And BTW Ducky Shine keyboards do have an LED (or three) under the space bar :p

Filco MJ2 TKL on top
Code Clear TKL on bottom

Ooooh you have a yellow Filco!  I spent ages trying to get one, and eventually managed to get hold of a set of yellow Filco keycaps.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fatmav

« Reply #388 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 21:39:07 »
Case padding:

Does this affect every TKL from WASD? Or just Code?
(And will this get fixed? Like in a Code V2?)

Offline Awful

• Don't Topre.
« Reply #389 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 03:44:07 »
Does anyone know if the Code will fit in an aluminum case designed for a Filco? (Tkl)
I hate everything.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #390 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 04:18:18 »
Does anyone know if the Code will fit in an aluminum case designed for a Filco? (Tkl)

I suspect not if the Code is half a cm longer compared to the Filco.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #391 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 22:19:22 »

i haven't found anyone who's actually opened this Keyboard yet, or even a WASD v2 (which is the same case i believe)

Offline avtar

« Reply #392 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 23:04:54 »

Looks like it'll work http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33155.msg1297869#msg1297869

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #393 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 09:41:43 »

Looks like it'll work http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33155.msg1297869#msg1297869

i stand corrected, time to PM that guy =)

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #394 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 10:25:58 »
Does anybody actually make a 104 key Alu case?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #395 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 10:36:05 »

Well, Ducky does, but you have to buy the included PCB and plate. ;)

Oh, and it's a 108, not 104...
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 May 2014, 10:37:50 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #396 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 10:41:00 »

Well, Ducky does, but you have to buy the included PCB and plate. ;)

And the switches and caps too. Argh

Offline gisenberg

« Reply #397 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 11:57:52 »

i stand corrected, time to PM that guy =)

That Guy here!

Aside from the obvious disclaimers, there are two downsides to throwing the CODE into the Filco aluminum case. The detachable cable ends up inside the aluminum housing and can no longer be detached, and the dipswitches on the keyboard are no longer accessible. A small price to pay for the end result, though!

Offline wasdkeyboards

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #398 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 18:38:14 »
Case padding:

Does this affect every TKL from WASD? Or just Code?
(And will this get fixed? Like in a Code V2?)

Most likely not. Unless we made a V2, it's very cost prohibitive to change the tooling for this. We still don't produce that many units compared to larger companies.

Key Spacing:

Spacebar:

Case padding:

This is just the effect of vibration on the springs inside the switch itself. I do find that Clears seem to ring more than other switches. I've experienced the same even when comparing keyboards from other brands/OEM's.
Questions and comments, please visit our Geekhack: WASD Keyboards Vendor Forum
WASDKeyboards.com - Custom Mechanical Keyboards

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #399 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 18:39:44 »
Key Spacing:

Spacebar:

Case padding:

This is just the effect of vibration on the springs inside the switch itself. I do find that Clears seem to ring more than other switches. I've experienced the same even when comparing keyboards from other brands/OEM's.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions! I thought it would be the springs
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches