Author Topic: Guitars  (Read 19362 times)

Offline ARAMP1

Guitars
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 05:45:24 »
My humble assortment. 

« Last Edit: Thu, 04 September 2014, 05:52:55 by ARAMP1 »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Re: Guitars
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 20:25:39 »
Now that I actually have the 8 string put together, I'll see about putting up a pic later tonight.

My next purchase is definitely going to be a LP Studio Pro, probably this baby:

Of course, if I had an extra 5 grand to toss around, I'd pick one of these up:

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 07:31:34 »
LP Standards are the best. Tried them all. The Deluxe's and stuff are pretty much a waste of money and don't even sound like a LP due to having different woods, etc.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 15:11:58 »
Anyone knows how to setup a floyd rose tremolo? Itīs irritating af
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 17:04:17 »
I do. What kind of problems are you having? Where do you need help?

Edit : Watch this, it'll help -

When changing strings on a Floyd, be sure to do it one at a time unless the neck needs maintenance and/or deep cleaning.
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 September 2014, 17:12:06 by ynrozturk »
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 17:12:53 »
Thinking of making a down payment for a custom Skervesen guitar. Will probably go with a walnut top, like this :

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 09:43:14 »
I do. What kind of problems are you having? Where do you need help?

Edit : Watch this, it'll help -

When changing strings on a Floyd, be sure to do it one at a time unless the neck needs maintenance and/or deep cleaning.
Thanks but I let my music shop do the work :P Was only 50$ so I was like meh. Ty anyways, and that guitar looks ballin! :D

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 10:58:10 »
No problem, though it's a good skill to learn. And really, only the first time is hard. Then it's a walk in the park.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 19:45:43 »
Picked up a 1993 Limited Edition Gibson SG today. Sounds absolutely amazing.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 00:05:13 »
Now that I actually have the 8 string put together, I'll see about putting up a pic later tonight.

My next purchase is definitely going to be a LP Studio Pro, probably this baby:

Show Image

Just bought this tonight. Should be here on Wednesday, woohoo!

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 03:35:00 »
LP Standards are the best. Tried them all. The Deluxe's and stuff are pretty much a waste of money and don't even sound like a LP due to having different woods, etc.

Agreed... But coming from a prospective builder's perspective more than a player's. All current Gibby's except the Standard and the custom shop examples have the short neck tenon. Here is a bit of a horror pic to illustrate why that may not be an awesome thing:

This is just one example of the fact that you get a whole lot less than what you pay for with most Gibsons nowadays.

For some, they sound good enough and the name is enough to sell the guitar. For others, you have to search long and hard to find one that both feels and plays right for you.

I'm very happy with my "cheap" ripoff copy (the '73 Ibanez 2350 Custom), thank you very much. Got it for a steal, too. Almost literally. I lent out my Strat copy which got "misplaced" and the borrower replaced it with this for me. Wouldn't replace it with anything from Gibson's current lineup except perhaps for a custom shop job.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 03:46:38 »
I'm very happy with my "cheap" ripoff copy (the '73 Ibanez 2350 Custom), thank you very much. Got it for a steal, too. Almost literally. I lent out my Strat copy which got "misplaced" and the borrower replaced it with this for me. Wouldn't replace it with anything from Gibson's current lineup except perhaps for a custom shop job.

Ibanez 2350 customs (Ibanez lawsuit Les Paul) are awesome.  I bought one from my cousin years ago.  One of my favorite guitars.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 12:16:50 »
She's here!!!! Yay!!

Sounds and plays amazing.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 13:42:45 »
Grats!

I have to admit, she's a beauty. That's some very nicely figured maple.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 16:01:46 »
Two members with new Gibson's in one week, nice! Enjoy the guitar dude  :thumb:

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 01:14:21 »
NECRO BUMP

But for good reason!

This came in today:

And can I just say that EverTune bridges are some serious straight up black magic voodoo sh*t. I literally cannot get this thing to go out of tune.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 01:30:24 »
NECRO BUMP

But for good reason!

This came in today:

Show Image

And can I just say that EverTune bridges are some serious straight up black magic voodoo sh*t. I literally cannot get this thing to go out of tune.

She's a beaut.   I have a Floyd Rose locking system on one of my Ibanez's.  I thought I would never buy another guitar without one until I went to re-string it  :p
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 02:17:40 »
Oh god I just re-strung my Dean w/ Floyd a couple days ago... there's that guitar only gets new strings about every 3-4 months :(

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 02:19:57 »
I wish I brought my guitar to the states! Definitely going to play a ton more these days.

daerid, that's a beauty!

Offline xJudas

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 02:02:32 »
I used to have a really rad collection of late 80's/early 90's Ibanez guitars. I only believed in blue guitars with maple fretboards. I sold them all a while back and got a PRS CU24 which I haven't managed to get a good picture of. Kind of regret it

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 02:58:20 »
My baby <3
2013 SG Standard. Had it for a little over 2 years now. One of these days I'm gonna lay out all my gear and take some nice pictures.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 11:38:53 »
Thinking about investing in a serious guitar, have been looking at suhr but I'd really want an ESP sec 280dt which they don't make anymore afaik :( Do you guys have any suggestions?

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 11:47:08 »
Still need to tune er up, but here's my 75' sunburst.
Isn't she pretty =)
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 February 2016, 19:28:26 by fknraiden »

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline xJudas

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 01:37:44 »
Thinking about investing in a serious guitar, have been looking at suhr but I'd really want an ESP sec 280dt which they don't make anymore afaik :( Do you guys have any suggestions?

If you're looking at Suhr's, also take a look at Tom Anderson guitars, they're just as good if not better than Suhr, heavily debated. What kind of specs are you looking for and what kind of amp are ya playing out of?

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 10:05:03 »

If you're looking at Suhr's, also take a look at Tom Anderson guitars, they're just as good if not better than Suhr, heavily debated. What kind of specs are you looking for and what kind of amp are ya playing out of?
My current amp is garbage, so I'm thinking of DIY'ing a JTM 45+, but also open to suggestions on that :)

Offline xJudas

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 15:39:58 »

My current amp is garbage, so I'm thinking of DIY'ing a JTM 45+, but also open to suggestions on that :)

A JTM45+ would be fun as hell to build, excellent amps. If you didn't want to mess around with putting stuff together, I'd keep an eye peeled on craigslist for a Plexi, like a 1987x/JMP little 50w. It's a little more aggressive, better crunch from the solid state rectifier. Either way you'd be pretty set with either. What kind of music do you jam out to?

Also.. I'm expecting a high quality amp tomorrow.. So I thought I'd make some high quality cables :D

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 15:52:52 »

A JTM45+ would be fun as hell to build, excellent amps. If you didn't want to mess around with putting stuff together, I'd keep an eye peeled on craigslist for a Plexi, like a 1987x/JMP little 50w. It's a little more aggressive, better crunch from the solid state rectifier. Either way you'd be pretty set with either. What kind of music do you jam out to?

Also.. I'm expecting a high quality amp tomorrow.. So I thought I'd make some high quality cables :D
Show Image

Niiice! I jam to everything except metal ;)

Offline sambarugh

• Megalixir
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:43:10 »
I play a EBMM JP7 thru a Fractal Axe FX II.

http://imgur.com/a/qhViM
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 February 2016, 12:53:08 by sambarugh »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 01:49:52 »
God damn I'd love an Axe FX, but dat price tag tho

Offline tullyvivi

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 13:03:15 »
I tried to learn guitar over and over, my fingers just not getting enough strength to do bar cords...

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 13:12:00 »
I tried to learn guitar over and over, my fingers just not getting enough strength to do bar cords...
bar chords are a ***** and a half, there's no real way to get around it. What I found helps is to use light strings (on electrics I would use .8's, those are the lightest you can find most places) and then just work my finger strength up from there. Another solution to that, if they're still to heavy or you don't want to get new strings, is to tune a half step lower. From there you can gradually increase your string gauge/ tune normally.

Offline sambarugh

• Megalixir
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 17:09:04 »
God damn I'd love an Axe FX, but dat price tag tho

Yeah it's a lot and the purists hate them, but when you go full digital with this kind of quality you never look back.

Offline ratsroloc

• Linears for life.
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 23:46:20 »
132150-0
Here's a pic of my guitars. Charvel CX291 MIJ on the left, I think those ran during the 90's and were lower end guitars. Ibanez RG7621 '99 on the right, MIJ as well. It's been heavily modded and isn't in the greatest shape but most of the damage was done to the body which doesn't affect playability too badly. Still sounds fantastic and plays like a dream.

Offline GAS KING

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 09:51:32 »
So much gear, but here's my last rig.....

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 10:53:17 »
I don't think I could sustain both hobbies simultaneously. I still play but I got out of the guitar GASing around 2008 and went to cars, and from cars to mechanical keyboards, from there to cameras, and then back again to mechanical keyboards haha.

I currently own
2008 Martin GC-MMV
1990 Gibson OP-25
2003 Fender American Deluxe Tele
2007 Fender Standard Tele

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 16:01:12 »
Just got an Agile 728 this morning.

EDIT: For some reason I can't upload the photo. I'll try again later. :(

EDIT: GOT IT!
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 March 2016, 20:45:40 by Ephemeral »
Collection:
More
E6.5 (Lubed 50g MX Blacks) | Preonic (55g MX Clears) | CA66 (Zealios V2 65g) | budget96 (MX Red) | Infinity 60% (Zealios 78g) | Phantom TKL (Gateron Black) | MiniVan (Zealios 78g) | Helix (?)
[Incoming: Polaris (?) |  KBDFans 8X Mk II (v2 Tealios)]

Offline xJudas

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 18:47:31 »

Nice choice, mate. I have a Custom Shop Agile AL3100/Les Paul. Made with all the specs I'd ever want out of a Les Paul type guitar. Really excellent guitar for the value, can't say enough good things about it. Even the stock pickups are decent. I usually swap everything out for EMGs, but I left the stock ones in.

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 21:10:54 »

Nice choice, mate. I have a Custom Shop Agile AL3100/Les Paul. Made with all the specs I'd ever want out of a Les Paul type guitar. Really excellent guitar for the value, can't say enough good things about it. Even the stock pickups are decent. I usually swap everything out for EMGs, but I left the stock ones in.

Definitely worth the money they cost. I'm really wanting to go custom for my next guitar. Not sure if I'll go Agile again or Carvin/Kiesel.
Collection:
More
E6.5 (Lubed 50g MX Blacks) | Preonic (55g MX Clears) | CA66 (Zealios V2 65g) | budget96 (MX Red) | Infinity 60% (Zealios 78g) | Phantom TKL (Gateron Black) | MiniVan (Zealios 78g) | Helix (?)

Offline xJudas

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 20:10:10 »

Definitely worth the money they cost. I'm really wanting to go custom for my next guitar. Not sure if I'll go Agile again or Carvin/Kiesel.

Looks like they opened up the custom shop all the time now? I got mine back in 2011-2012 where they just randomly opened it up and you had to stumble on it. Painful wait, but it was only about $468

Aug 15, 2011 11:57PM: Order Received
Aug 16, 2011 7:24AM: Ready to Ship
Aug 17, 2011 8:50AM: Special Order
Jun 13, 2012 7:25AM: Ready to Ship

Aug 17, 2011 8:51AM
Received deposit of 243.61 via paypal.

Jun 12, 2012 4:13PM
Great News! Your custom order has arrived and is ready to go! Please make your final payment of 225 by going to rondomusic.com and clicking on manual order. Then enter order -SNIP- Item Custom Agile AL, your balance of 225 and shipping 0. Thanks!

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 21:38:23 »
Looks like they opened up the custom shop all the time now? I got mine back in 2011-2012 where they just randomly opened it up and you had to stumble on it. Painful wait, but it was only about $468

Great News! Your custom order has arrived and is ready to go! Please make your final payment of 225 by going to rondomusic.com and clicking on manual order. Then enter order -SNIP- Item Custom Agile AL, your balance of 225 and shipping 0. Thanks!

Show Image

Show Image

Hot damn! Now that's a deal. I may need a baritone 6 sooner than I thought.  :rolleyes:
I've seen at points they only offered certain models, but it looks like all of them are fair game at the moment.
Sweet guitar, btw. Which pickups did you go with?
Collection:
More

Offline xJudas

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 13:07:28 »

Show Image

Show Image

Hot damn! Now that's a deal. I may need a baritone 6 sooner than I thought.  :rolleyes:
I've seen at points they only offered certain models, but it looks like all of them are fair game at the moment.
Sweet guitar, btw. Which pickups did you go with?

Aw damn, they let you choose a whole lot more options now! Mine are just the stock Alnico V pickups, there was no choice at the time.

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 13:39:46 »
Aw damn, they let you choose a whole lot more options now! Mine are just the stock Alnico V pickups, there was no choice at the time.

Show Image

Wow. They've come a long way with the options since then. I've heard their pickups are pretty good. I'm probably going to get the Cepheus Passives on my next guitar from them.
Collection:
More