Author Topic: What movie sequel would you most like to see?  (Read 10978 times)

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
Re: What movie sequel would you most like to see?
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 12:46:24 »
District 10. Not gonna happen tho.
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline dante

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 12:48:32 »
28 Months Later

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 13:10:42 »
Tell you a sequal I'm not looking forward too, Robocop 2...  If you haven't seen the trailer go look, looks awful.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 13:16:52 »
Do you mean the reboot of RoboCop? Yeah, it does look like it won't be near as good as the original.

Offline blueasjim

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 13:41:14 »
Do you mean the reboot of RoboCop? Yeah, it does look like it won't be near as good as the original.

Don't you love these PG-13 reboots. Blegh  :'(
Vortex KBT PURE [MX Red] | CM Storm [MX Blue] | CM Storm [MX Red]

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 13:43:54 »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 14:22:32 »
Coming soon HELLRAISER 2014 rated G

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 14:31:28 »
District 9

I'd see that

As much money as District 9 made, I'm sure there's a sequel (pre-qual?) in the works.

Offline blueasjim

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 14:51:53 »
Coming soon HELLRAISER 2014 rated G

Instead of Pinhead we get Candycorn head.

"This Summer, Hellraiser takes it further than it ever has before. With Diabetes."
Vortex KBT PURE [MX Red] | CM Storm [MX Blue] | CM Storm [MX Red]

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 14:53:44 »
28 Months Later
oh man... That's the ultimate one right there. Those two movies are a few of my all time favorites.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 14:58:47 »
28 Months Later
oh man... That's the ultimate one right there. Those two movies are a few of my all time favorites.

Had a co-worker of mine, really nice woman who worked in Sales, come back from Las Vegas with a funny story about that zombie movie.  She had an evening free after a sales conference, and decided to take in a movie at the theater next to the MGM Grand.  She said she really liked 28 Days, the Sandra Bullock film, so when she saw that 28 Days Later was opening, she was really excited.  As she told me afterwards, it wasn't quite what she was expecting to see.

:p

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 15:31:15 »
^hahaha

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 17:10:46 »
i would really like to see a sequel to The Big Lebowski where the dude gets a rug to "tie the room together". 
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline yester64

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 21:51:08 »
How about Cloverfield. I loved that movie.
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches

Offline mauri

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 03:46:30 »

No sequel, nokia phones sold to microsoft
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 10:13:58 »

I can see it now
everyone in the movie is trying to take crappy phone videos of the monster aka blair witch style

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 10:22:55 »

Cloverfield made me so sick, I couldn't even watch it. Damn this motion sickness...

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 10:37:16 »
I agree, I could see more Back to the Future movies (but you'd have to replace Michael J. Fox as Mary McFly, and get a new Dr. Brown, which would be hard to do).

I could also see more Aliens movies, and more Predator movies.  And more Aliens v. Predators is good too.

Also I could go for more Avengers and Iron Mens.  However, I could do without this current Spider Man.  Also Ben Affleck as Batman is not doing it for me.

Another Jaws killer shark movie would be good timing about now.

And of course I can never get enough zombie movies.  The Return of the Living Dead (not Romero) series is ready for another installment (last one was in early '90's).  Night of the Living Dead which is George Romero, which is the original zombie classic, can be remade another 10 times, and I would see them all.  Or Day of the Dead, or Day After the Dead, or w/e.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 11:23:34 »
This kinda sums it up...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 23:27:35 »
What do you guys think about this new tv series that is coming out? I know it's not quite a sequel but didn't know where else to post it

http://abc.go.com/shows/marvels-agents-of-shield

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 00:33:35 »
I always thought a squeal to The Usual Suspects could potentially work. The ending was kind of open ended, and I actually like it like that. But if it were artfully done, and I mean with some consideration and care, a squeal could actually work. Bringing back the Keyser Soze character in a different way, Verbal was just a cover and some of the deaths of the original crew were fake to protect the guilty. I see it as a Coen brothers film taking place partly in Turkey and Hungry. You could really reshape the original script in many intricate ways to fit a different scenario than the one that was openly presented.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 03:30:00 »
I always thought a squeal to The Usual Suspects could potentially work. The ending was kind of open ended, and I actually like it like that. But if it were artfully done, and I mean with some consideration and care, a squeal could actually work. Bringing back the Keyser Soze character in a different way, Verbal was just a cover and some of the deaths of the original crew were fake to protect the guilty. I see it as a Coen brothers film taking place partly in Turkey and Hungry. You could really reshape the original script in many intricate ways to fit a different scenario than the one that was openly presented.
The casting in that movie was fantastic!

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 03:38:52 »
What do you guys think about this new tv series that is coming out? I know it's not quite a sequel but didn't know where else to post it

http://abc.go.com/shows/marvels-agents-of-shield

I'm looking forward to it if only for clips of Black Widow <3
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline mauri

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 05:56:15 »
I agree, I could see more Back to the Future movies (but you'd have to replace Michael J. Fox as Mary McFly, and get a new Dr. Brown, which would be hard to do).

I could also see more Aliens movies, and more Predator movies.  And more Aliens v. Predators is good too.

Also I could go for more Avengers and Iron Mens.  However, I could do without this current Spider Man.  Also Ben Affleck as Batman is not doing it for me.

Another Jaws killer shark movie would be good timing about now.

And of course I can never get enough zombie movies.  The Return of the Living Dead (not Romero) series is ready for another installment (last one was in early '90's).  Night of the Living Dead which is George Romero, which is the original zombie classic, can be remade another 10 times, and I would see them all.  Or Day of the Dead, or Day After the Dead, or w/e.

+1 AVP movies but also prometheus (or was it a prequel to alien or sth?)
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 06:53:45 »
MW: how about transformers 2 and ironman2? Way better then the first and 3rd movies in the series :)

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 11:00:56 »
For me, what else?! Pacific Rim....prequel or sequel, I don't care, just want more of this awesome movie!

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #76 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 13:04:27 »
To me, pointing out that Transformers 2 was better than Transformers 1 is like saying "Sylvester Stallone is a better actor than Jean-Claude Van Damme" :3

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #77 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 14:31:08 »
To me, pointing out that Transformers 2 was better than Transformers 1 is like saying "Sylvester Stallone is a better actor than Jean-Claude Van Damme" :3

Waaat?  Why no love for the Muscles from Brussels?   :p

To be fair, I think that Sly takes the lead in the race for better action movie actor, if only by a really steroid-enlarged neck.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #78 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 16:49:23 »

To be fair, I think that Sly takes the lead in the race for better action movie actor, if only by a really steroid-enlarged neck.

Well, both are action movie STARS, famous, but not for being good actors, just for the characters they played (Rambo, Rocky...). Same with the probably most famous action movie star ever, Arnie. I love Arnold and I like most of his movies, some of his movies as well as the characters he played earned their place in movie history. But did he get an Oscar for his acting? Did he deserve one? Imo no! He was just good (or lucky) at picking roles early in his career (Conan, Terminator...), roles in movies that were awesome, got well known and had a very recognizable main character. And that's actually the power of movie stars, people recognize em, people grown to like em. You don't have to be a good actor to get famous, to get a star, as long as the movies are good and the roles you play don't demand good acting. I mean some of this recognizable iconic figures aren't even persons, they are just a costume (think... Darth Vader) or not even human (CGI or animatronic characters).

Or, to put it short:
To me, pointing out that Transformers 2 was better than Transformers 1 is like saying "A not so good actor is a better actor than a slightly less good actor" :3

Or, even shorter:
Imo all Transformer movies were kinda meh ^^;
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 September 2013, 19:53:14 by TheSoulhunter »

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #79 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 18:29:38 »

Well, both are action movie STARS, famous, but not for being good actors, just for the characters they played (Rambo, Rocky...). Same with the probably most famous action movie star ever, Arnie. I love Arnold and I like most of his movies, some of his movies as well as the characters he played earned their place in movie history. But did he get an Oscar for his acting? Did he deserve one? Imo no! He was just good (or lucky) at picking roles early in his career (Conan, Terminator...), roles in movies that were awesome, got well known and had a very recognizable main character. And that's actually the power of movie stars, people recognize em, people grown to like em. You don't have to be a good actor to get famous, to get a star, as long as the movies are good and the roles you play don't demand good acting. I mean some of this recognizeable iconic figures aren't even persons, they are just a costume (think... Darth Vater) or not even human (CGI or animatronic characters).

Or, to put it short:
To me, pointing out that Transformers 2 was better than Transformers 1 is like saying "A not so good actor is a better actor than a slightly less good actor" :3

Or, even shorter:

I think Sylvester Stallone gets the nod over either Ahnold or VanDamage; Stallone wrote the screenplay for Rocky, as well as starring in it.  And won an Oscar for it. 

Enough trivia!  I want another Firefly movie, dammit!

:p

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #80 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 19:03:21 »
Toy Story 4: The College Years
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #81 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 19:26:59 »

Well, both are action movie STARS, famous, but not for being good actors, just for the characters they played (Rambo, Rocky...). Same with the probably most famous action movie star ever, Arnie. I love Arnold and I like most of his movies, some of his movies as well as the characters he played earned their place in movie history. But did he get an Oscar for his acting? Did he deserve one? Imo no! He was just good (or lucky) at picking roles early in his career (Conan, Terminator...), roles in movies that were awesome, got well known and had a very recognizable main character. And that's actually the power of movie stars, people recognize em, people grown to like em. You don't have to be a good actor to get famous, to get a star, as long as the movies are good and the roles you play don't demand good acting. I mean some of this recognizable iconic figures aren't even persons, they are just a costume (think... Darth Vader) or not even human (CGI or animatronic characters).

Or, to put it short:

Or, even shorter:

I think Sylvester Stallone gets the nod over either Ahnold or VanDamage; Stallone wrote the screenplay for Rocky, as well as starring in it.  And won an Oscar for it. 

Small nitpick: He was nominated for "Best Actor in a Leading Role" and "Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen" but did NOT WIN!
But yeah, I think Sly's performance in Rocky (also in the sequels) was kinda good, but was it great or exceptional? And in later movies?
Anyway, it's just my personal opinion and I wanted to point out the difference between being a star and being a good actor...
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 September 2013, 19:53:36 by TheSoulhunter »

Offline Jack

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 19:48:24 »
Phantasm V

Offline calavera

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 20:28:56 »
Actually I want to see some sort of Gladiator prequel or something since both the antagonist and protagonist are dead.

Offline yester64

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 15 September 2013, 13:01:20 »

I can see it now
everyone in the movie is trying to take crappy phone videos of the monster aka blair witch style

They used a video cam. Anyway i enjoyed the movie and thought it was actually really cool. Sad to hear if some had problems with it.

I normally don't like sequels. In my opinion the mostly mediocre with some exceptions but mostly they do suck (IMO).
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 02:11:09 »
Hellblazer (WITHOUT  Keanu Reeves svp)
I would love to see Constantine a few more times in the thather!
Lucifer would be good too ...
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline SoniStreet

• Mental Kings E-Sports Club
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 03:07:39 »
Inception 2... PRETTY PLEASE!
FILCO Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless (Cherry MX Blue)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 04:27:59 »
The one that I would love to see done would be to finish the series for Repo! The Genetic Opera.  Not Repo Men.  I thought that movie was terribad compared to the opera.  If you guys haven't seen it you need to check it out.  Might be a little tough to find though.

The movie that was made is actually the middle chunk from the story so both a prequel and a sequel are viable.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 04:38:37 »
Rambo 10
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-