Author Topic: [Shipping] Calm Depths [Please claim any unreceived orders!]  (Read 396297 times)

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
Re: [Shipping] Calm Depths
« Reply #1450 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 11:30:12 »
This is ridiculous. 14 months and no keys.

Thanks for trying to make this happen, Bunny; you've been the only reliable person in this, but it looks like a bunch of clowns started this mess and don't know how to finish it. I'm sorry you have to pick up the pieces of irresponsible and unmotivated people.

Keep my money. Goodbye Geekhack.

Well,

Unfortunately I'm finding it harder and harder to find my way back to GeekHack. I know all of this fell apart, and half the people in the GB are still waiting, and we've all put more into this financially than anticipated (myself and Bunny particularly), but being called out as a clown every time I log in to see how things are coming along really makes it hard to convince myself to log in.

I don't know how people still stand on this, as we get further along and people become more sour on the GB as a whole, but I'd like to apologize again. I set this up with only the best intentions, and the plan to complete it myself, but as things became close to time for the keys to ship to me, it was made clear that my life was about to change drastically. Thanks to Bunny and his team, and an absurd amount of financial support from Bunny himself (which still has my incalculable thanks) we were able to see a light at the end of the tunnel. There's no reason to demonize him, or his team, or their efforts. Ultimately, no matter how hard it is for me to hear this, the fault lies with me. I started the GB, and no matter what else happens, I'm the responsible party. If Racoon and Bunny hadn't stepped up, EVERYONE'S keysets would still be sitting in a SP warehouse. Progress has been made, and we've closed in on that finish line because Bunny and Racoon have tried to cover the hole left by my needing to step away from the GB. Don't be upset with them that they can't focus 100% of their efforts on this GB. Be upset that I had to step away and drop it in their lap in the first place.

I know this GB feels cursed, and I know nobody thinks it'll ever reach a finish, but if we just hold out we might just be surprised in the end.
Hopefully Racoon can just push through and get this behind us and I can start showing my face again without feeling like I'm the pariah here. I want so badly to be an active member of this community, but I just feel like "That guy who ****ed up the GB and left us all hanging"
"I seek a great warrior" - Luke Skywalker
"Great Warrior, Hmm? War does not make one great." - Master Jedi Yoda

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1451 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 16:42:23 »
This is ridiculous. 14 months and no keys.

Thanks for trying to make this happen, Bunny; you've been the only reliable person in this, but it looks like a bunch of clowns started this mess and don't know how to finish it. I'm sorry you have to pick up the pieces of irresponsible and unmotivated people.

Keep my money. Goodbye Geekhack.

Well,

Unfortunately I'm finding it harder and harder to find my way back to GeekHack. I know all of this fell apart, and half the people in the GB are still waiting, and we've all put more into this financially than anticipated (myself and Bunny particularly), but being called out as a clown every time I log in to see how things are coming along really makes it hard to convince myself to log in.

I don't know how people still stand on this, as we get further along and people become more sour on the GB as a whole, but I'd like to apologize again. I set this up with only the best intentions, and the plan to complete it myself, but as things became close to time for the keys to ship to me, it was made clear that my life was about to change drastically. Thanks to Bunny and his team, and an absurd amount of financial support from Bunny himself (which still has my incalculable thanks) we were able to see a light at the end of the tunnel. There's no reason to demonize him, or his team, or their efforts. Ultimately, no matter how hard it is for me to hear this, the fault lies with me. I started the GB, and no matter what else happens, I'm the responsible party. If Racoon and Bunny hadn't stepped up, EVERYONE'S keysets would still be sitting in a SP warehouse. Progress has been made, and we've closed in on that finish line because Bunny and Racoon have tried to cover the hole left by my needing to step away from the GB. Don't be upset with them that they can't focus 100% of their efforts on this GB. Be upset that I had to step away and drop it in their lap in the first place.

I know this GB feels cursed, and I know nobody thinks it'll ever reach a finish, but if we just hold out we might just be surprised in the end.
Hopefully Racoon can just push through and get this behind us and I can start showing my face again without feeling like I'm the pariah here. I want so badly to be an active member of this community, but I just feel like "That guy who ****ed up the GB and left us all hanging"

its not your fault sir

to everyone else with the last remaining outstanding orders, i havent been able to get hold of raccoon for about a week for an update, but as soon as i do ill post here
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #1452 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 17:00:31 »
It may not be my fault, but this group buy is my responsibility. I started it, and anything that resulted was due in course to that action. It's not your fault either, nor is it raccoon's for getting saddled with this mess. Ultimately, I got into a group buy before I knew enough about keyboards and keysets to know the finer details, and so details were lost causing major holdups and money sinks. Which is my responsibility.

I hate that the ctrl alt team is taking the brunt of the heat for this, when all you've done is try to salvage this mess.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1453 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 17:09:06 »
It may not be my fault, but this group buy is my responsibility. I started it, and anything that resulted was due in course to that action. It's not your fault either, nor is it raccoon's for getting saddled with this mess. Ultimately, I got into a group buy before I knew enough about keyboards and keysets to know the finer details, and so details were lost causing major holdups and money sinks. Which is my responsibility.

I hate that the ctrl alt team is taking the brunt of the heat for this, when all you've done is try to salvage this mess.

whatever happened man, that is in the past, the fast is, even with the issues, this should be out by now, we just need to get the last 20% out from the US, but im on it and ill restress the urgency to raccoon as soon as i can catch him next

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1454 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 18:06:50 »

We love you (well I sure do  :-* :-* :-* ) and I really hope you continue to be involved here.  I have some serious health issues too and it's tough when they cause a trainwreck in real life (just ask my wife and kids).  Good luck in your endeavors...still hoping to see you around here though.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #1455 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 19:52:21 »
we're nearly done, I'm pretty sure. Oh, and happy veteran's day, Calm.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1456 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 19:55:50 »

we're nearly done, I'm pretty sure. Oh, and happy veteran's day, Calm.

Whoa, yeah, Happy Veteran's Day. Thanks so much for all you've done for our country!
I'm back.

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #1457 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 09:11:41 »
Thanks, guys!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1458 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 11:59:28 »
ok guys, i got hold of raccoon

because of whats going on and the delays and such going on right now, im gonna pay to have the remaining sets sent to either cody(havent spoken to him yet) or if not me, so we can get this gb out and behind us, this wont be instant, but itll be a faster and a more reliable solution, im really sorry for these delays, but we cant sit and wait on this any longer, some action needs to be taken, and regrettably, i see this as the best option

raccoon is very sorry this has taken so long, he has both school and a job he is doing each day, and he is really struggling for time

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #1459 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 09:33:30 »

because of whats going on and the delays and such going on right now, im gonna pay to have the remaining sets sent to either cody(havent spoken to him yet) or if not me, so we can get this gb out and behind us, this wont be instant, but itll be a faster and a more reliable solution, im really sorry for these delays, but we cant sit and wait on this any longer, some action needs to be taken, and regrettably, i see this as the best option

raccoon is very sorry this has taken so long, he has both school and a job he is doing each day, and he is really struggling for time

I'm certain the community appreciates this very very much, I know I do. (I already received my set a very long time back)

Offline Mad_Doktor

« Reply #1460 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 11:36:55 »
I think all the organizers so far have been pretty good with keeping everyone in the loop. My order is still outstanding but even if I did get it, I wouldn't know where to put my keycaps...

What do people do with all the keycaps that they order?!?!?!?!
CM QFR - Cherry Blue | CM Storm Trigger - Cherry Brown | Keycool 84 - Cherry Black | Corsair K95 - Cherry Red | IBM Model M '93

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1461 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 11:39:45 »
I think all the organizers so far have been pretty good with keeping everyone in the loop. My order is still outstanding but even if I did get it, I wouldn't know where to put my keycaps...

What do people do with all the keycaps that they order?!?!?!?!

Buy keyboards to put them on.

Offline jayhay

« Reply #1462 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 14:07:46 »

Dude, thanks so much. Very appreciated again!

Offline bupsthename

« Reply #1463 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 15:09:38 »
Bunny: I got one of the duplicate sets, and if you provide me the address of the intended recipient I'd be more than happy to just send it myself. I don't know if that's easier for you.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1464 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 06:50:21 »
ok

sooooooooooo

ill type this up once and post it in all relevent threads, so not everything in this post may be relevant to this thread directly, but will affect each thread

as most of you im sure are aware, this gb has been held up by raccoon having to clear the backlog, when he first committed to this, his schedule, both professionally and personally were very different, between his personal, work and educational ties, raccoon has been struggling to find time to commit to this, but had been doing his best as and when he could

regrettably because of the delays and his lack of time, we have taken the decision to restructure how each outstanding order will be shipped and who by

me and cody are gonna take on the bulk of what is left between us

its always hard when making decisions like this, raccoon committed to do it and plans were made around that, and i know he wanted to see it through to the end, however, it has become increasingly obvious over time that it is both unfair on your guys and overwhelming on him

so what we are gonna do moving forward is this

raccoon has the rest of the non cable raindrop orders packed but not shipped yet, he is gonna ship those shortly, and send myself and cody the end of calm depths and penumbra and a few other fiddly bits, whilst me and cody crank out calm and penumbra, he is gonna do his best to get the end of raindrop out, anything left of raindrop a the time me and cody finish calm and penumbra, will get sent to us, and we will conclude raindrop, whilst this is happening, raccoon will do his best to make a start on toxic, anything left of toxic by the time me and cody conclude raindrop, will be sent to us and we will get it cleared

after a lot of thought, this seems like the fasted and most practical solution to this problem, itll be a financial and time strain at this time of year for me personally, and something i wasnt expecting to take on, but ultimately, im committed to getting this sorted, and there comes a time where we have to draw a line and move on, and this is the best way to do that

i want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been so patient and understanding so far, and will continue to be as we get the logistics of this new plan sorted, i really appreciate it, and to anyone who is disgruntled and unhappy with the delays, i hope this solution is helpful to you

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1465 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 06:50:35 »
Bunny: I got one of the duplicate sets, and if you provide me the address of the intended recipient I'd be more than happy to just send it myself. I don't know if that's easier for you.

thanks sir ill be contacting you soon

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #1466 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 12:31:12 »
Wow.. Thank you Bunny (and Cody) for the extra efforts and the update... You guys are friggin awesome!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1467 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 13:00:57 »
This is just a thought but what if we just organize some big friggin party on a weekend where we can get some members from surrounding states to drive in and have a big sort/pack/ship party?  Those who don't or can't come can pitch in a few bucks.

That way this gets done in a fast, fun, community-building way. I'd be happy to help with organizing or finances or actually come.
I'm back.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1468 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 13:03:38 »
This is just a thought but what if we just organize some big friggin party on a weekend where we can get some members from surrounding states to drive in and have a big sort/pack/ship party?  Those who don't or can't come can pitch in a few bucks.

That way this gets done in a fast, fun, community-building way. I'd be happy to help with organizing or finances or actually come.

thats a cool thought but itll literally just take a few hours with one person

i wish i was in the US cause id love to do a big meetup kinda thing like that with gbs

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #1469 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 19:59:05 »
Thanks for the updates. You're doing a great job Bunny.
Can't wait to get my hands on these :)
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline jalli

« Reply #1470 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 20:16:35 »
Bunny, you have gone above and beyond, my hat's off to you sir.
Antonia

Offline lewi

« Reply #1471 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 02:29:13 »
any news?

Offline jalli

« Reply #1472 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 00:22:51 »
Just figured I'd post my freshly built Dox with Calm Depths, still missing a couple of keys so I'll have to use silly 2x for enter/delete but such is life.

Antonia

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1473 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 05:27:33 »
still just waiting on the receipt of the sets from raccoon, but as soon as we have them we will turn them round within about 24 hours

Offline lewi

« Reply #1474 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 19:28:01 »
hello

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1475 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 19:28:52 »
hello

hey

sorry for the delay

im still waiting on the sets back from raccoon, we are prepped and ready to go, as soon as me and cody have them on hand we will have everything turned around in 24 hours as stated above

its frustrating me as well

as soon as we have them ill update the thread

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1476 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 19:39:30 »
ok i finally got hold of raccoon

it had been a long time

everything is packed

he has told me his winter break starts next week, and he will ship it to myself and cody as soon as his break starts, we will turn everything round right away

id like to apologize for the delays, this has been totally out of my hands

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #1477 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 23:50:30 »
ok i finally got hold of raccoon

it had been a long time

everything is packed

he has told me his winter break starts next week, and he will ship it to myself and cody as soon as his break starts, we will turn everything round right away

id like to apologize for the delays, this has been totally out of my hands

Many thanks BunnyLake for your update and support for this GB ;)

Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline lewi

« Reply #1478 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 00:44:09 »
thankyou bunny!

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1479 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 11:03:26 »
Any good news?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1480 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 12:41:02 »
Any good news?

yes i spoke to raccoon yesterday

everything is packed up

and he will be sending me tracking any day

Offline 01111000

« Reply #1481 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 00:03:15 »
Bunny, will there be any extras of this keyset for sale on CTRLALT after you ship the existing orders?

Thanks.
Poker 2 w/ MX Clears | Ducky Shine 3 w/ MX Blues | CM Novatouch

Offline lewi

« Reply #1482 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 08:38:19 »
how's going?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1483 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 08:40:09 »
im hoping to have a good news update in about 2 days, for this and everything else

Offline ZeDestructor

« Reply #1484 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 01:08:47 »
im hoping to have a good news update in about 2 days, for this and everything else

Any updates?

Offline bianco

« Reply #1485 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 01:14:06 »
is it too late for someone to take over my order?

1x Calm Depths SA Base
1x Calm Depths SA Modifiers
1x Calm Depths SA Numpad
1x Calm Depths SA Tsangan
1x Calm Depths SA Ergodox
1x Calm Depths SA ISO
2x Calm Depths SA Gamer Kit

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1486 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 01:52:18 »

1x Calm Depths SA Base
1x Calm Depths SA Numpad
1x Calm Depths SA ISO

How much

Offline bianco

« Reply #1487 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 04:08:42 »

1x Calm Depths SA Base
1x Calm Depths SA Numpad
1x Calm Depths SA ISO

How much

at cost, would be around 155USD

Offline jayhay

« Reply #1488 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 10:14:15 »
I think raccoon's post office must be 1000 miles away and he has no car or shoes. This should be a life lesson to him; don't accept responsibility for other peoples property if you will not honor your commitment. Good intentions pave the road to hell.

That said, please just go drop off the caps at the f'in post office will ya, raccoon?

I'd love to know if I still to expect to even see caps at this point. A list or something...

Don't take this personally bunny, you're the good guy.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1489 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 10:32:59 »
I think raccoon's post office must be 1000 miles away and he has no car or shoes. This should be a life lesson to him; don't accept responsibility for other peoples property if you will not honor your commitment. Good intentions pave the road to hell.

That said, please just go drop off the caps at the f'in post office will ya, raccoon?

I'd love to know if I still to expect to even see caps at this point. A list or something...

If you would bother looking above and going a bit back, you would see that racoon actually shipped them...

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1490 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 10:37:09 »

they were dropped off at the post office several days ago, and we have the tracking

so sit tight, we are coming to a close

as a ps

i can understand your frustrations, but i would like to keep any attacks to raccoon to a minimum, i cant justify the length of time this has gone on for, but what i can speak to is the fact he at no point had any ill intentions, perhaps he could have made this stuff more of a priority, but to him, he had personal commitments that trumped this that he didnt have prior to taking this on

whatever happened is in the past

between this and everything else he had, it has cost me an insane amount of money to have it shipped back, but its finally on the way, and i can promise we wont be sitting on anything

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1491 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 10:42:23 »

If you would bother looking above and going a bit back, you would see that racoon actually shipped them...

in fairness, i forgot to update this thread but did all the others, so thank you for jumping in but sadly i missed it in this thread, here i just put that there was about to be some good news, but forgot to clarify it happened

when you are so involved in all of this, sometimes you forget that some people only check one thread surrounding an issue, and not all, its my mistake for forgetting to update this particular thread

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1492 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 11:12:37 »

in fairness, i forgot to update this thread but did all the others, so thank you for jumping in but sadly i missed it in this thread, here i just put that there was about to be some good news, but forgot to clarify it happened

when you are so involved in all of this, sometimes you forget that some people only check one thread surrounding an issue, and not all, its my mistake for forgetting to update this particular thread
Oh ****, I thought you did post it in here

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1493 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 15:19:19 »
Thanks bunnylake

Offline jayhay

« Reply #1494 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 21:44:08 »

Thanks again, Bunny. Just a learning experience for raccoon, nothing more. Thanks for any cash you've put up, I'd help if I could.

Very appreciated.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1495 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 07:48:53 »
Is there a way to check if I am still on the list?

I know the first post says that I paid, but I don't want my name to be accidentally checked off the "received caps" list internally.

Thanks. :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1496 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 08:10:37 »
hey guys

got confirmation the sets are being delivered to us on wednesday

thank you for your patience

Offline ZeDestructor

« Reply #1497 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 23:02:02 »
hey guys

got confirmation the sets are being delivered to us on wednesday

thank you for your patience

It's arrived?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1498 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 06:04:01 »
its arrived

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1499 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 08:32:43 »
right hey guys

its all on hand and counted

its been left in a bit of a mess and i have no idea what order its been shipped up to

i have the list, and im guessing a lot of the info is now incorrect on it

can anybody who hasnt had their calm depths order, please send me a pm, in the pm, please can you include your shipping address and email address and we will get your order right out to you

im very sorry once agian for these delays, its been out of my hands, it is now firmly in me and codys hands and we will have all this sorted with a  quickness for you