Author Topic: I need an excuse to use my HHKB  (Read 1343 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
I need an excuse to use my HHKB
« on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 15:23:13 »
Post ideas in this thread and I'll turn some of my favorites into short stories in a day or 2. I'll probably keep going until I get bored.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: I need an excuse to use my HHKB
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 15:26:27 »
Write a story about a world where couches rule, and they have to fight against the mighty beds. Filled with suspense, violence and love.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 15:26:53 »
Why would you need an excuse?

edit: I think the word you're looking for is inspiration

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 15:37:58 »

Maybe, but I'm not sure. Inspiration is a silly word. It implies the need for a prerequisite, the need for a catalyst. Inspiration implies the need for something other than what I'm asking for. Maybe you're right, and I'm wrong. Inspiration implies uncertainty. "I can't think for myself, I'm a sheep who needs to be shepherded." I like to go my own way, like a plastic bag picked up by the wind.

I keep reaching for my arrow keys. It's really frustrating. The real reason is so that I can get used to typing on the HHKB. I'm not particularly good at it yet. Luckily we live in an age of auto correct. Also, whis idea was it to pic backspace where \ should be? That's really irritating.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 15:43:15 »

Maybe, but I'm not sure. Inspiration is a silly word. It implies the need for a prerequisite, the need for a catalyst. Inspiration implies the need for something other than what I'm asking for. Maybe you're right, and I'm wrong. Inspiration implies uncertainty. "I can't think for myself, I'm a sheep who needs to be shepherded." I like to go my own way, like a plastic bag picked up by the wind.

I keep reaching for my arrow keys. It's really frustrating. The real reason is so that I can get used to typing on the HHKB. I'm not particularly good at it yet. Luckily we live in an age of auto correct. Also, whis idea was it to pic backspace where \ should be? That's really irritating.

Yeaaahhh.... I'm gonna have to disagree with you there, as what you imply is that every good artist is a sheep.

An excuse would mean that you have a board superior to the HHKB and feel that you need a reason to use the HHKB instead of the superior board.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 15:47:10 »
what is this thread lol

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 15:52:27 »
what is this thread lol

I don't know I'm gonna lock it before I do anything more stupid