Author Topic: SP PBT spacebars  (Read 2822 times)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
SP PBT spacebars
« on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 08:01:39 »
The other day I received Signature Plastic PBT spacebar samples. The good news is that they are all pretty thick.

They are from top to bottom: DCS, SA, DSA. I must say that quality is very good and they do not seem bent or deformed.

Bad news is that mounting points position is all screwed up. I doubt they would fit any keyboard as they are now. Stems are all few mm (or fraction of a mm) off from the standard position. I have to ask them how much would be to redo just the stems.

Anyway I believe this is a pretty good news nonetheless.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: SP PBT spacebars
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 08:03:20 »
Awesome if we can get the stems fixed!

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 08:05:06 »
Yes, ideally, after they have fixed the stems, they should colour match them to their ABS colours, at least as far as such a thing is possible with variations in batches and whatnot. The only thing which truly bothers me with ABS is uneven shine. The space bar is the best example of where this is the most obvious as I tend to hit it in two distinct places. If we could get PBT space bars to match all the regular ABS sets, that would be splendid. The only reason we use ABS rather than PBT is because it can more easily be double shot and this isn't necessary for the space bar.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 08:08:16 »
I think it's a much better news for the sindarin GB (and all other pbt GB). No more discussion about choosing the best abs color to match the pbt color.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 08:10:23 »
The other day I received Signature Plastic PBT spacebar samples. The good news is that they are all pretty thick.

Show Image

They are from top to bottom: DCS, SA, DSA. I must say that quality is very good and they do not seem bent or deformed.

Bad news is that mounting points position is all screwed up. I doubt they would fit any keyboard as they are now. Stems are all few mm (or fraction of a mm) off from the standard position. I have to ask them how much would be to redo just the stems.

Show Image

Anyway I believe this is a pretty good news nonetheless.

Awesome
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 08:35:56 »
Excellent news.  Any PBT spacebar would be worth it.  ABS just shines way too fast.  Even if it didn't match the color exactly.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline audukent

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 08:35:57 »
Sweet! :) F
[LZ-GH - 62g mx greens and 62g mx clears]    [Ducky Shine - mx browns]    [RACE mxMini - mxreds]  [POKER II - mx Blacks]    [KPAD - 62g mx blacks]

Offline Austin Powers

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 11:26:14 »
Strange.. those PBT spacebar doesn't get wrapped. Did you use heater to make them straight or it came like this?

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 11:28:04 »
Excellent news.  Any PBT spacebar would be worth it.  ABS just shines way too fast.  Even if it didn't match the color exactly.

A titanium spacebar fixes that problem as well...
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 18:06:33 »
I think I got two of the DSA ones in my crap bag.  A shame if they won't fot anything.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ