Author Topic: GH - StarCraft II: HotS/LotV players  (Read 184962 times)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: GH - StarCraft II: HotS players
« Reply #600 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 17:18:31 »
Taeja, #1 Terran #1 player.

MC played like total garbage.. having like 10HTs all clumped together... wtf... Destiny's hype casting though.... hahahahahaha

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #601 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 22:58:50 »
Do people find Destiny funny? He annoys the hell out of me..
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #602 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 23:05:53 »
Anyone else find it surprisingly demoralizing that they don't censor cursing and indecent jokes? I spent most of the time watching without sound rather than hear 90% of useless chatter. I mean this is starcraft 2 (e-sports) and not Richard Pryor stand up.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #603 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 23:15:26 »
Anyone else find it surprisingly demoralizing that they don't censor cursing and indecent jokes? I spent most of the time watching without sound rather than hear 90% of useless chatter. I mean this is starcraft 2 (e-sports) and not Richard Pryor stand up.

But that's what Homestory Cup is all about! It's a unique atmosphere and that's what I like about it.

There are hundreds of "serious" tournaments out there. If this is not your cup of tea just watch the Dreamhacks, IEMs, GSL, etc.

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #604 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 23:18:17 »

But that's what Homestory Cup is all about! It's a unique atmosphere and that's what I like about it.

There are hundreds of "serious" tournaments out there. If this is not your cup of tea just watch the Dreamhacks, IEMs, GSL, etc.
True, and I agree. I just saw it on the main screen of sc2 and figured it was heavily promoted and I just hoped that it wasn't the new norm :o

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #605 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 03:07:29 »

Yes.

Home Story Cup is by far the best tournament, the best casting, the best atmosphere and a really good spread of the best players. With all the dull as **** WCS **** that's literally killing sc2 I don't know how anyone can have any negativity towards HSC.
I missed all the extra post stream nonsense this time as I was busy but I can't wait for the next one, epic tournament.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #606 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 08:50:58 »
Don't get me wrong I like HSC very much. I even liked Destiny in the past, all he do now is act like random 'troll' on the internet with annoying voice and rants about protoss every single game (feeding the real trolls). If you find it funny one game that should have not be the case for every other. I remember when James 2gd used to be there, now that **** was funny.

Anyways I liked HSC, especially the laid back attitude of the event, incontrol can be funny and I liked the 5 eu toss couch that casted some games, especially when they mess with Nightend. TaeJa is a beast, period. All around quite successful event I am looking forward to the next one :)

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #607 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 11:58:32 »

Yes.

Home Story Cup is by far the best tournament, the best casting, the best atmosphere and a really good spread of the best players. With all the dull as **** WCS **** that's literally killing sc2 I don't know how anyone can have any negativity towards HSC.
I missed all the extra post stream nonsense this time as I was busy but I can't wait for the next one, epic tournament.

sorry, shoutcraft was better than HSC this weekend.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #608 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 14:13:28 »
Except this was a lan which by default is better.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #609 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 14:40:58 »
only if you didn't wanna see the best players in the world compete.
HSC is nice for a more casual experience, but Shoutcraft's matches were more crazy

Poor Flash with his SCV pulls

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #610 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 14:42:03 »
Everytime I tuned into the Shoutcraft stream the framerate was garbage

Offline Jagriff

« Reply #611 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 16:30:25 »
Add me! Jagriff.110 on NA.

I agree Shoutcraft > HSC, even though I don't particularly like TB's casting.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #612 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 18:39:34 »
i had it chromecast streamed on source to my 50" TV lol

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #613 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 16:24:53 »
Taeja wins! Flawless Victory Hype!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #614 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 17:06:20 »
Yeah his TvP is scary... I'm kinda glad though the amount of crying terrans do about how bad ghosts are simply because they can't use them and here is taeja showing fools how it's done

Offline Johan

« Reply #615 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 17:14:51 »
Taeja is a monster, How do you not lose a single game at a tournament like Dreamhack?!
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #616 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 17:15:45 »
I've not been watching it all but that last game was terrible, Hero played like total ****.

Offline Johan

« Reply #617 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 17:23:57 »
I've not been watching it all but that last game was terrible, Hero played like total ****.
I think its incredibly hard to play the third game when you're down by 2, at that point most people would just try to be satisfied with second place. There are exceptions of course.
TIME TO WATCH DOTA.
Uh, stuff.

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #618 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 01:06:27 »
Taeja Wins! Flawless Victory! Fatality!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #619 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 02:37:21 »
I think its incredibly hard to play the third game when you're down by 2, at that point most people would just try to be satisfied with second place. There are exceptions of course.
TIME TO WATCH DOTA.

It's not easy but his game plans where just bad. You can't cheese taeja and you can't go late game vs him with standard Protoss army comp... So why try?

Also that stargate cancel in the last game... Terrible lol

Offline tbc

« Reply #620 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 04:07:59 »
Yeah his TvP is scary... I'm kinda glad though the amount of crying terrans do about how bad ghosts are simply because they can't use them and here is taeja showing fools how it's done

taeja is the BEST ghost user bar none.  that's why he could still win during the first part of power of protoss and inno died.

but all the other terrans went full retard and tried to counter storms by dropping.

except feedback.  derp.

ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #621 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 04:11:09 »

taeja is the BEST ghost user bar none.  that's why he could still win during the first part of power of protoss and inno died.

but all the other terrans went full retard and tried to counter storms by dropping.

except feedback.  derp.

Yeah I think it's a bit far to say he's the best ghost user by far... He's just the only one using them properly.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #622 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 12:41:11 »

except feedback.  derp.

in the foreign scene anyway.
i dunno about the best when in GSL or Proleague.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #623 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 12:44:13 »
Any one else feel like when Protoss players open stargate vs terran and its scouted, they should just make phonex to snipe drops and secure there main while they tech to collosus???

Like I was thinking while I was at work why he would cancel the stargate, because all that would ever do is give you zero tech and leave you vulnerable to most things, while if he kept the stargate he would have had at least a way to deal with drops and keep his main secure while he got he tech he needed... idk

I see alot of games where protoss gets there stargate scouted and they just make one yolo oracle that does nothing...

Offline tbc

« Reply #624 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 04:24:50 »

except feedback.  derp.

Yeah I think it's a bit far to say he's the best ghost user by far... He's just the only one using them properly.

isn't that the definition of the best?

it's not like taeja's ghosts come out of the barracks any different than any elses'
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #625 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 04:53:41 »

except feedback.  derp.

isn't that the definition of the best?

it's not like taeja's ghosts come out of the barracks any different than any elses'

Maybe, but it's not like he's doing anything amazing and brand new with them... like when Parting started just having random HT's out on the map to catch the terrans army trying to out position his own army...

Offline Johan

« Reply #626 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 17:31:17 »
Anyone else watching mlg? I keep getting this awful betson commercial that overrides the mute, bit of a pain when watching the other stream with games on it.
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #627 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 18:07:47 »
I tried but the casting with Catz was garbage and then there was just massive unbearable down time between badly casted games and a huge open bracket I never got to see so I put something else on lol

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
« Reply #628 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 14:57:17 »
Scarlett playing protoss and wins

:confused:

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #629 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 14:58:20 »
Isn't this against the rules or something? I mean it was fun and all but..

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
« Reply #630 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 14:59:34 »
Loser is allowed to switch.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #631 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 15:00:44 »
Ah ok then, toss op anyway  :))

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #632 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 15:01:44 »
Isn't this against the rules or something? I mean it was fun and all but..

Apparently the looser is allowed to switch race, but according to the rules she has to play the following game as Protoss... but I hope that isn't what happens.

MLG is super dumb

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #633 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 15:02:38 »
Ah ok then, toss op anyway  :))

Dem tears... fun fact Scarlet was not only the only non Korean left, but also the only Protoss lol

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
« Reply #634 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 15:03:31 »
That game made my day, the reaction of the casters was fantastic.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #635 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 15:04:56 »
It's been the only positive from MLG thus far imo lol

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #636 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 15:13:21 »
Just as my musing on the game never played it before as I don't have much interest in this type of game, and I don't know what happened everything went so fast, I lost quite horribly I think I had a group of Marines killed and then lost to bots :x but I promise their sacrifices will not be in vain.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #637 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 15:17:35 »
Just as my musing on the game never played it before as I don't have much interest in this type of game, and I don't know what happened everything went so fast, I lost quite horribly I think I had a group of Marines killed and then lost to bots :x but I promise their sacrifices will not be in vain.

It's just practice :P there is a practice league you can do (assuming you didn't skip it) that puts the game at a slower speed and puts rocks and stuff in the way to stop you being rushed etc :P

Offline Av180

« Reply #638 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 15:23:48 »
Lol Power of the Protoss XD

KMAC 62g Clear
Poker 2 Stock Red
Leopold FC200RE Stock Clear

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #639 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 15:24:17 »
If only the loser is allowed to switch race, how Scarlett played zerg in the last game?

Offline Av180

« Reply #640 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 15:25:13 »
If only the loser is allowed to switch race, how Scarlett played zerg in the last game?

I believe that both players are allowed to switch races after playing

KMAC 62g Clear
Poker 2 Stock Red
Leopold FC200RE Stock Clear

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #641 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 15:27:19 »
Then the casters don't know the rules of the tournament they cast..

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #642 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 15:29:23 »

It's just practice :P there is a practice league you can do (assuming you didn't skip it) that puts the game at a slower speed and puts rocks and stuff in the way to stop you being rushed etc :P

Humm I will have to have a look seems very complex to me this game though although I do see myself enjoying it, even if I am not a fan of the RTS style games, although coming from playing 40k for quite a while I seem to like the terran :p Also just found out I can press R on those storage bays to lock them under the ground letting units pass over o:
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Johan

« Reply #643 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 15:31:35 »
They knew the rules, the rules themselves were very unclear though, "The loser of a game may select a different race for the next game." It seems like Scarlett should have played protoss the next game.
Nevermind, they knew the old rules:http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/starcraft-2-rules-and-settings Its under gameplay number 13.
New rule http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/competitions/66#event_157_rules Gameplay rules number 6.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 June 2014, 15:38:10 by Johan »
Uh, stuff.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #644 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 15:38:38 »
They knew the rules, the rules themselves were very unclear though, "The loser of a game may select a different race for the next game." It seems like Scarlett should have played protoss the next game.
That was exactly what I asked above, why she played zerg? Yea MLG is always like this, the games were more enjoyable than a standard ZvZ anyway :D

Offline Johan

« Reply #645 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 15:44:07 »
That was exactly what I asked above, why she played zerg? Yea MLG is always like this, the games were more enjoyable than a standard ZvZ anyway :D

I made an edit that should clarify.
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #646 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 15:46:19 »

Humm I will have to have a look seems very complex to me this game though although I do see myself enjoying it, even if I am not a fan of the RTS style games, although coming from playing 40k for quite a while I seem to like the terran :p Also just found out I can press R on those storage bays to lock them under the ground letting units pass over o:

hahaha yeah ;) well **** son, I started playing sc2 in the beta and was in Copper league, which is the league below the lost league in the launch version of sc2 lol... and now I'm in the top 10~% ? (dia is something like that right?) with an 82% win/loss ration :P

Best thing you can do is play with friends of a similar skill level and play and learn together :P that's where I got all my practice from rather than hella scary 1v1 :P

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #647 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 17:17:11 »
one must play 1v1 without fear =P
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #648 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 04:42:59 »
So what did you guys think of MLG?