Author Topic: GH - StarCraft II: HotS/LotV players  (Read 185049 times)

Offline Johan

Re: GH - StarCraft II: HotS players
« Reply #650 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 06:53:50 »
The games were good, shame that they didn't show very many of them. When they switched between the Keen(?)+Trap series and scarlett+life on one stream while the other stream was doing nothing/off, I was very confused as to why they would do that. Timezone didn't work for me and made me miss all of Hendralisks, Miniracers and lifes games (other then vs scarlett.)
Other then that, I'd say it was a pretty good event.
Uh, stuff.

Offline Jagriff

« Reply #651 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 09:25:50 »
Yeah I'm sad for Polt and Scarlett. They fell into a Trap.

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
« Reply #652 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 11:27:32 »
So I pulled myself together and decided to give this game a shot again. Had to play a single match to get league placement which I won and got placed in silver for the first time.

Woho!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #653 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 16:56:04 »
****... man I've not long gotten back from the pub after having a few too many, but not too many mind... and I figure I'll chill on one my SC2 accounts, make some carriers and rek some ****... fire up an account ive not used in like a year, and get put vs two masters players, one terran which I loose and then some super try hard zerg who goes mass ****ing swarm host on roundabout... holy ****... so much try hard...

ends up a 43min long game that I eventually win... but god damn, i just wanted chill casual games.....

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #654 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 01:51:52 »
That Code S trash talk was cringe worthy.....
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Johan

« Reply #655 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 04:06:59 »

That Code S trash talk was cringe worthy.....
It almost always is, we need more partings.
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #656 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 06:04:56 »
So what happened in the last two games?? The garbage Twitch app crashed and still refuses to work (on my iPhone at work) so I missed the last games... But reddit sure is hella mad about Protoss atm... Anyone clue me in?? (Other than the usual Brotoss hate ofc)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #657 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 07:12:08 »
Ok time to get down to business... I got 700+ bonus points and it's time to be a try hard timmy and try and get into masters, or at least 'loltop' diamond... which probably means saying good bye to this hella baller parting level bossness /s

I LOVED YOU WIN LOSS RATIO

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #658 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 10:52:45 »
Good luck buddy  :thumb:

I'll return in October - see ya in Masters ;)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #659 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 17:06:12 »
went digging around an old screen shots folder I had on my PC... the change bnet has gone through... I still think it looks better in the old WoL days... but it sure doesn't work better lol

Offline Daspartic

• IBM is love IBM is life
« Reply #660 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 17:09:51 »
Dragon will back pro level!
IBM Displaywriter (82 key) | IBM Model F 4704 (107 key) |  IBM Model F AT x3 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 3104 x2 | IBM 6112884 (Green Tee mount Alps) | Realforce 87u (55g) | IBM Model M 1390131 x2 | IBM Model M (1391401 '88) | Leopold FC500R (MX Browns) | Wang (725-5971) (Salmon Alps) | Acer 6011 (SKCM Blue Alps) | White Fox (65 g Zealios) | XMIT keyboard (Hall Effect)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #661 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 12:26:52 »
gg battle.net :(

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #662 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 12:28:09 »
You should still be able to train on NA ;)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #663 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 17:19:57 »
You should still be able to train on NA ;)

At the time I couldn't connect to any server.. so I went to the pub and got wasted instead lol

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #664 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 12:25:16 »
Alright seein as very few people post here.. ima turn this into an update thread of my horrible failure quest to be half decent and reach masters league... so ...

I work a 40+ hour week and have other stuff to do on top of that so I don't have too much in the way of free time but I manage to try and get about 20 or so games in a week when ever I can and so far it's been going ok. TBH the more I play masters and diamond players the stranger my games have gotten. Yeah for sure alot of my games vs masters guys I've just been out macro'd and made to look silly.. but other games have just been bizzare.. to strange 3 rax into expand builds, to mass reaper... it's been all kinds of strange but it has made me a much better player.

Took a beating one night after work and lost 4 games back to back, games I really shouldn't have lost.. but I guess don't play tired :P anyway.. updates!!

I'm pretty happy that I've managed to keep my w/l above 70% and that when I get my mechanics a bit better I can actually beat masters players with more consistency :)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #665 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 12:42:36 »
Yeah, keem 'em coming baldgye!

I wanna follow your journey to masters as long as I can't ladder myself  :thumb:

Offline Johan

« Reply #666 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 12:45:19 »
I'll probably start to play more next season, It seems like most of the people I used to play with have stopped.
Prior to this week I've played roughly 10 games max per week. After playing a long macro game or two I just feel "full" and satisfied though, thats why I kinda have a love hate relationship with allin protosses, Its nice that every game isn't 45min+ but those ****ing immortal allins get me almost everytime.
Uh, stuff.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #667 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 13:37:09 »
I rarely get immortal all in'd but when I do I crush it easily. Basic scout will let you know of it early enough to prepare. I actually like ZvP at the moment but can't stand ZvZ, it is usually ling bling micro wars whole game till one dries out or roach + maybe infestor if it gets late, so boring....
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #668 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 13:42:25 »
Yeah, keem 'em coming baldgye!

I wanna follow your journey to masters as long as I can't ladder myself  :thumb:

Thanks bro!! Good to know someone out there cares :P <3

I'll probably start to play more next season, It seems like most of the people I used to play with have stopped.
Prior to this week I've played roughly 10 games max per week. After playing a long macro game or two I just feel "full" and satisfied though, thats why I kinda have a love hate relationship with allin protosses, Its nice that every game isn't 45min+ but those ****ing immortal allins get me almost everytime.

You know, it's strange... but coming back to ladder in a super positive way (being friendly and always saying "hello good luck and have fun :)" and then gg'ing if I loose has really helped me gain a new perspective on sc2.

As a Protoss player myself maybe I'm getting the benefit of the current meta but now I feel like, you only ever loose becasue you ****ed up, like when ever I loose, its not becasue they cheesed me, or they 2base allin'd me or anything like that, its becasue.. **** I was supply blocked for like 30secs or a min... or had 1k minerals or 2k gas etc etc etc...

I think having that mind set over "well that **** is imbalanced" really helps you develop your play to become a better player. The difference in level between Diamond and Masters is huge, the difference between masters and GM is again pretty huge and so you really have to work hard.

I hope you can get back into it and find some joy in the less macro games. At the end of the day it's just a game and (like any sport) you should enjoy playing it. :)

That said when I get PvZ horizontal spawns (close) on this map;

I 7gate all in with a warp prism becasue getting a 3rd is pretty much impossible lol... every game I've done that build vs Z be it a Diamond or Masters league guy I've won...
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 July 2014, 13:44:45 by baldgye »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #669 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 13:48:55 »
Oh and Lechner I do have a youtube acc https://www.youtube.com/user/baldgye/videos that I will try and upload fun games I have too ^^ atm there are only 2 video's on there that are sc2 related that you should be able to lulz at... though I really need a good program to rec video with

Offline Johan

« Reply #670 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 14:56:42 »
I 7gate all in with a warp prism becasue getting a 3rd is pretty much impossible lol... every game I've done that build vs Z be it a Diamond or Masters league guy I've won...
With forcefields on the ramp? You dirty bastard  :'(
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #671 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 04:16:02 »
Been working on a PvP build... I have been complaining about the power of Void Rays since they patched them.. so decided I should start taking advantage.. it's not as refined as a build its more a game-plan but so far seems to be pretty powerful.

1 gate into stargate
chrono out two stalkers and a voidray
when warpgate has finished get a sentry and expand also getting a ms-core at this point
get forge and more gates
when you have 2-3 voidrays get a robo and templar achives
go into collosus and charge with
throw down a bunch more gates
then either get a 3rd or go kill them...

if you cant kill them use the mothership core and voidrays to snipe bases/tech and recall home... if you can kill them use the void rays to kill any coli they have by just shift clicking them...

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #672 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 04:39:56 »
Is this build safe against a 4gate or the 10gate into 3gate allin that hits even sooner?

I always go MS Core first when I do a 1gate into Stargate build to be able to hold this **** :p

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #673 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 04:42:14 »
Is this build safe against a 4gate or the 10gate into 3gate allin that hits even sooner?

I always go MS Core first when I do a 1gate into Stargate build to be able to hold this **** :p

I feel like it is but only becasue I scout with my 1st stalker to try and sniff out a 4 gate... the game I just played was a PvP and he managed to hide a pylon in my base and had 3gates to back it up and I was able to hold with a core, VR, two stalkers and a sentry.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #674 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 04:48:52 »
Really? The 3gate allin is supposed to hit at 5:30.

I doubt you had the MS Core, 1 VR and 2 Stalkers + 1 sentry at that time.

Sounds like your opponent totally failed to hit the timing when you were vulnerable :p

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #675 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 05:04:06 »
Really? The 3gate allin is supposed to hit at 5:30.

I doubt you had the MS Core, 1 VR and 2 Stalkers + 1 sentry at that time.

Sounds like your opponent totally failed to hit the timing when you were vulnerable :p

yeah probably... I mean, I'm in diamond league so nothing is as it should be :P

Offline Johan

« Reply #676 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 05:07:08 »
I think thats actually a fairly big problem with trying strats below masters, just because it worked doesn't mean its viable, maybe the opponent was just ****ty enough to lose to it.
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #677 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 05:35:01 »
I think thats actually a fairly big problem with trying strats below masters, just because it worked doesn't mean its viable, maybe the opponent was just ****ty enough to lose to it.

It's worked about 4 times now but how I've been opening to it has been different, sometimes opening with an oracle etc etc... but you can usually sniff out a 4gate pretty easily which forces me to change my build anyway lol

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #678 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 22:17:47 »
baldgye u my ladder hero bro =)
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #679 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 14:10:11 »
baldgye u my ladder hero bro =)

hahaha <3

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #680 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 11:34:40 »
Failed cannon rush into failed oracle = win, such skill...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #681 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 11:41:29 »
Failed cannon rush into failed oracle = win, such skill...

The last game?

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #682 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 12:32:03 »
4th

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #683 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 13:00:01 »
I find it really difficult to care much about WCS 'Europe' when the top 4 are all Korean...

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #684 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 13:19:58 »
Or any WCS for that matter

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #685 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 13:31:22 »
Or any WCS for that matter

I mean, can't really complain that WCS Korea is full of Koreans... lol

Offline Johan

« Reply #686 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 13:48:11 »
Eh, They've won their way there. I do think that they should make it a requirement to have the players live in the respective region during the season. Especially for NA, as the ping is really good from kr.
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #687 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 13:51:53 »
Eh, They've won their way there. I do think that they should make it a requirement to have the players live in the respective region during the season. Especially for NA, as the ping is really good from kr.

I feel like you need to be a resident of that area/country. If you're a Korean living in Europe... you can't play in WCS EU becasue your not a member of the EU...

Offline Johan

« Reply #688 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 14:04:16 »

I feel like you need to be a resident of that area/country. If you're a Korean living in Europe... you can't play in WCS EU becasue your not a member of the EU...
What about the koreans that moved from kr to live in europe, like golden or forgg? Having the player be a member of eu seems like a unnecessary requirement.
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #689 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 14:11:10 »

What about the koreans that moved from kr to live in europe, like golden or forgg? Having the player be a member of eu seems like a unnecessary requirement.

Why?
You can represent a country/Continent just becasue your choosing to live there or are on holiday there... One of the problems I had with Demuslims objections was that he wanted to play in the NA WCS while not being a US or indeed a citizen of any NA country... like too bad.

I couldn't represent Italy in any international tournament on that basis I just live there for a bit... I would have to gain Italian citizenship...

And restrictions like that mean that WCS EU would European players, WCS NA would have North American players and WCS Korea would have Korean players.... instead we have WCS Europe made up of Koreans, WCS North America made up of Koreans and WCS Korea made up of Koreans and all scenes suffer.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 July 2014, 14:13:03 by baldgye »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #690 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 14:16:14 »
Citizenship. It's all that simple. It's inevitable, if anyone wants to eSports to become mainstream and maybe push them to the Olympics. Sure, some Koreans may get foreign citizenship just for this reason (like it happens in all kinds of sports). Not a big deal though. It'd help stabilize the "local" scene and it wouldn't be a few *currently* top players raiding tournaments everywhere.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #691 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 14:48:00 »
Where do South Americans, Africans or SEA people belong then? Or they need separate WCS for them? Even if citizenship was required that wouldn't be so hard to get if the game is treated like other sports right? So Koreans will dominate again so whatever. I am fan of the game and not players based on nationality, after all this game is dominated by the Koreans and they are the main reason why is it still somewhat relevant...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #692 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 14:55:05 »
Where do South Americans, Africans or SEA people belong then? Or they need separate WCS for them?

They do.

If citizenship was required many Koreans who are in WCS EU/NA wouldn't be becasue the hurdle is that much higher.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #693 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 14:57:12 »
I for one wouldn't watch either NA or EU if there weren't Koreans in it. For example this one, what would the final be, Welmu vs VortiX? **** that..

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #694 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 15:01:39 »
I for one wouldn't watch either NA or EU if there weren't Koreans in it. For example this one, what would the final be, Welmu vs VortiX? **** that..

Good for you?
If there was a good growing NA and EU scene I would watch both and would have kept my GSL sub... as it is GSL is full of random no-names and EU and NA is full of former GSL Champs.

PvZ finals would be far better than the current default finals that is a PvP.. simply becasue they are the best Koreans..

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #695 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 15:04:10 »
Like WCS has only ****ed the pro-scene for all regions... Korea is in trouble becasue no one is buying GSL stuff... NA has like two players and Europe has non... without tournaments centered around players from those regions it's nearly impossible for them to break out which only further ****s the game and the scene...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #696 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 15:06:44 »
the problem with SC2 is that all the top players are from korea as it's sustainable there

the game needed to adopt a dota2-style online tournament spam

what ended up happening was 2-3 decent tournaments for foreigners, with the Koreans getting all the good ones

this kills the game
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #697 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 15:08:33 »
If there was a good growing NA and EU scene I would watch both and would have kept my GSL sub

Thats why there are the ex GSL koreans to keep up the quality of the games on NA and EU and thus the stream numbers. If it weren't for the Koreans this game would have been dead sooner rather than later whether you like it or not.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #698 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 15:10:08 »
the problem with SC2 is that all the top players are from korea as it's sustainable there

Cept, it's not.... TB and others who have helped/dealt with managing and running Korean teams have openly spoken about how ****ed the Korean scene is becasue there is very little money in it. Hell WCS ruined GSL's main income stream

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #699 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 15:11:20 »
If there was a good growing NA and EU scene I would watch both and would have kept my GSL sub

Thats why there are the ex GSL koreans to keep up the quality of the games on NA and EU and thus the stream numbers. If it weren't for the Koreans this game would have been dead sooner rather than later whether you like it or not.

It's got nothing to do with liking it or not, how have Koreans helped boost stream numbers? When a Dreakhack or an MLG has a foreigner finals there numbers are MUCH higher than if its two Koreans...