Author Topic: Need 3D model of Cherry MX brown keyswitch  (Read 6247 times)

Offline cool-RR

Need 3D model of Cherry MX brown keyswitch
« on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 07:22:17 »
Hi everybody!

I'd like to design my keyboard concept in 3DS Max. I want a 3d model of the Cherry MX brown keyswitch, so I could use it in my design (Mainly to see whether it'll fit.)

Does anyone happen to have a 3D model of that switch?

Thanks,
Ram.

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
Re: Need 3D model of Cherry MX brown keyswitch
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 11:40:27 »
Is this what you're looking for? The file type in .skp but you can use this extension to import it.
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline cool-RR

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 11:56:05 »
Holy ******** yes!!!

Do you know whether I could count on its size to be faithful to the actual button?

Thanks,
Ram.

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 12:24:09 »
Holy ******** yes!!!

Do you know whether I could count on its size to be faithful to the actual button?

Thanks,
Ram.

Yes, I used it for my numberpad drawing here and the scale was correct. It is in mm.

Offline cool-RR

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 12:30:35 »
Awesome, thank you!

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 20:24:28 »
Added to CAD resources.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 21:00:27 »
Interesting - great model.

What about a keycap?

It has been a good few months (maybe around 6) since someone last asked - has anyone seen a model of a keycap?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 00:39:45 »

What about a keycap?

It has been a good few months (maybe around 6) since someone last asked - has anyone seen a model of a keycap?

Last time someone asked I made a drawing of a DCS OEM R4 keycap. Download. I would be happy to draw a DSA keycap or maybe a full DCS set if you would like.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 00:47:10 »

What about a keycap?

Last time someone asked I made a drawing of a DCS OEM R4 keycap. Download. I would be happy to draw a DSA keycap or maybe a full DCS set if you would like.

I get:

Invalid Link
This link wasn't well formed.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 00:53:22 »
I get:

Invalid Link
This link wasn't well formed.

I hate mobile phones sometimes. Here is the direct link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhzkin49eyggnap/MXkeycap.dwg

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 00:58:51 »
Got it, thanks.

Now I need to work out something to do with it ...

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 01:08:13 »
Got it, thanks.

Now I need to work out something to do with it ...

I believe the last guy that requested a model of a keycap wanted to use it to 3D print. Just take a logo or symbol and subtract it from the top. Then you have have your own custom "engraved" keycap.