Author Topic: Clack Factory Night Owl Keycap drawing on EK  (Read 45501 times)

Offline scruffles

Clack Factory Night Owl Keycap drawing on EK
« on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 03:35:10 »
Just thought I'd let ya'll know.  :thumb:

Offline Austin Powers

Re: Clack Factory Night Owl Keycap drawing on EK
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 03:44:19 »

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 03:45:10 »

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 03:45:31 »
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh **** man

Offline scruffles

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 03:53:52 »

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 04:02:06 »
i ****ed up my address on the topre drawing, **** **** ****. Oh well hope i get the mx.. maybe ill get my first clack!

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 04:09:11 »
Already entered :D
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 04:41:12 »
I am in, but I had terrible luck on getting clacks from EK
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 05:23:49 »
I think draws like these and proper clack sales are the only way to really get Clacks... The second hand market just kinda sucks lol... That's said... Good luck everyone!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 05:42:57 »
At least this one you have, how long is it?, to enter - it's not whoever is email-graphically closest to CC for the first 3 seconds after countdown.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 06:44:27 »
I heard these get thousands of entries!! Good luck to everyone!!

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 07:10:29 »
Dammit, why cant this be a silent raffle. I would have a much better chance of winning

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 08:24:57 »
Friend comes over for about 5 minutes after school so I can explain something to him about maths. I see the EK drawing, so I register before explaining the maths thing. I then explain to him why they're such a big deal etc. I then leave the room to get a drink and my friend registers with his email and address on my PC while I'm out. I bet this is seen as 'gaming the system' so I'll be disqualified.

GG
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 08:26:31 »
Pretty sure a unique address would mean you are fine.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 08:27:22 »
Pretty sure a unique address would mean you are fine.
"Efforts to "game" the system will likely be noticed and disqualified (as will any other entries to other drawings that we can reasonably tie to that person for the foreseeable future.)."

That probably means if you register two addresses from the same IP you're disqualified.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 08:33:02 »
I highly doubt it. Would seem stupid. You can just register from different net cafes then. If his postal address is different and email why can you jot register from the same ip? As you said your friend just used your computer... that is all.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 08:39:29 »
Friend comes over for about 5 minutes after school so I can explain something to him about maths. I see the EK drawing, so I register before explaining the maths thing. I then explain to him why they're such a big deal etc. I then leave the room to get a drink and my friend registers with his email and address on my PC while I'm out. I bet this is seen as 'gaming the system' so I'll be disqualified.

GG

Friends don't let friends use their computers haha :p

Hopefully it's fine, I mean what about people who work in a large office and all their external IP addresses are the same?

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 08:42:02 »
Also. I don't think it would be fair if my pet cat cannot enter just because he lives with me and iis under the same ip. Did I say cat. .. I ment roommate.!!

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 08:54:38 »
I'm praying to clack gods on this one, that night owl would go really well with my Filco. Guess it's now just wait and see...

Offline martinyeah

• * Maker
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 11:52:09 »
i hope i can get one of it

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 15:15:42 »
I heard these get thousands of entries!! Good luck to everyone!!

Understatement of the year.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 15:21:07 »
It's probably millions of entries  :))
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 15:24:21 »
 :confused: I make keycaps and I still want to buy a retail CC at one point in my life :p
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 17:36:42 »
I really hate this raffle, it's so easy for unscrupulous people to game the system to get more entries.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 17:42:48 »
I really hate this raffle, it's so easy for unscrupulous people to game the system to get more entries.
Eh nothin to get frustrated about.  **** happens you know?

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 17:51:22 »
LOL thanks for posting, just in case anyone on geekhack doesn't get the EK newsletter.

Hopefully it's fine, I mean what about people who work in a large office and all their external IP addresses are the same?

they should be doing what they get paid for, not browsing keycaps.
other than checking the IP what other ways are there to stop ppl trying to "game the system"
HHKB Type-S / KBC Poker with reds

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 18:05:51 »
I don't see why EK Brian can't tell us the number of Clacks he has, and the number of orders, so that we can calculate the odds of winning.  I think if people knew their odds of winning, then people wouldn't be so disappointed when they don't win.  But since it's a total mystery, it makes people feel worse because they think it could be 2:1 or 3:2.  If I lost a raffle when I had a 67% (3:2) chance of winning, I would feel like crap.  But if I had only a .2% (i.e., 500:1) chance of winning, then I wouldn't feel bad at all.  Since it was 99.8% sure I wasn't going to win.  Anyway, I bet the odds are closer to 500:1, and certainly no better than 50:1.     
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 19:36:54 »
LOL thanks for posting, just in case anyone on geekhack doesn't get the EK newsletter.

other than checking the IP what other ways are there to stop ppl trying to "game the system"

How mailing addresses can people "game"? Feel like this should be sufficient

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 22:48:42 »
:confused: I make keycaps and I still want to buy a retail CC at one point in my life :p

I think everyone would like to buy a retail Clack - cheaper ;) :))

Offline tbc

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 23:03:16 »

again...with the notion that office people shouldn't be allowed to take breaks.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 23:56:52 »
"Please visit ClackFactory.com for further information."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 02:02:27 »
"Please visit ClackFactory.com for further information."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Ssshhh  Don't disturb CC and his gnomes - if they pause to update the web site we might not get the Clacks!

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 03:11:29 »

OMFG does the word "joke" mean anything to you?
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 September 2013, 03:13:58 by mehkat1974 »
HHKB Type-S / KBC Poker with reds

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 04:10:59 »

OMFG does the word "joke" mean anything to you?

You should NEVER joke about Clacks!

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 13:00:18 »
i wonder when the draw is taking place. I hope I win one this time around :D
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 18:35:09 »
i wonder when the draw is taking place. I hope I win one this time around :D

Last time EK needed a few weeks (or was it a couple of months?) to collate all the entries before the draw took place.

Hopefully all the bugs have been ironed out and this time things go a little more smoothly.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 19:15:38 »

GG

Nice friend you have.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 19:17:46 »
shoot EK an e-mail and explain your friend's e-mail and ask to have it removed from the listing.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 10:49:58 »

shoot EK an e-mail and explain your friend's e-mail and ask to have it removed from the listing.

Why?  Why is his friend not allowed to enter the contest?
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 11:12:52 »

More chance to win?
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 11:17:25 »
I'm going to need you all to email EK and ask for your entries to be removed.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 12:10:24 »
I'm going to need you all to email EK and ask for your entries to be removed.

I second this notion.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 12:14:16 »
Just canceled my entries.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 12:22:59 »
I heard they are automatically canceling entries from free email services.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 12:25:00 »
#clackconspiracy

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 12:25:52 »

I hope not, I've been using Gmail as my primary email for like 5 years.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline gladysqueen

« Reply #47 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 12:39:06 »
just order

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 16:02:46 »

More chance to win?

So your saying that once someone registers no one that they know can register for it?  So i guess only 1 geekhacker can enter. But im guessing he would be disqualified since he would know us.
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 16:32:50 »
He is talking about using the same ip address to register both. EK may or may not consider this acceptable.

More chance to win?

So your saying that once someone registers no one that they know can register for it?  So i guess only 1 geekhacker can enter. But im guessing he would be disqualified since he would know us.
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-