Author Topic: Clack Factory Night Owl Keycap drawing on EK  (Read 45571 times)

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
Re: Clack Factory Night Owl Keycap drawing on EK
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 08:46:48 »
Anybody got one yet!!

I also wonder when first pics will appear... :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #301 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 14:11:49 »
Anybody got one yet!!

I haven't!

Oh wait, I didn't win the drawing :(

nvmkthxbai
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #302 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 14:32:17 »
Mine was shipped yesterday, no tracking updates yet.  EK has typically shipped to me pretty fast.  I'm expecting it to arrive on Friday

Offline turtle

« Reply #303 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 15:06:18 »
Anyone has a mx and wants a topre holla at your boy

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #304 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 12:10:30 »
Sold mine
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Main driver : WASD CODE TKL MX Clear

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #305 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 12:11:20 »

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #306 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 12:43:27 »
Sold mine
Yeah you already told us thanks for letting us know though

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #307 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 15:50:44 »
Sold mine

How much did you sell it for? since you are so interested in telling us :D
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline HeavyArms

• "Lit"
« Reply #308 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 19:19:28 »
Mine should be here tomorrow, and I'm not selling it but you can PM me and ask how my day is going! :D
Head in the clouds.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #309 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 19:29:51 »
Sold mine

Why even say anything, it's only going to make people hate you
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #310 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 20:31:15 »
And like it's something to be proud of?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #311 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 01:18:29 »
Oh wow you sold your CC that you got for $20 to the first bidder who offered you a large sum of money.

Welcome to the world of CC's.

Offline HeavyArms

• "Lit"
« Reply #312 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 01:38:25 »
Oh wow you sold your CC that you got for $20 to the first bidder who offered you a large sum of money.

Alright come on, I'm sure he feels bad about posting by now...

In other news lets all look forward to the next chance that Mr. Clack provides for us to own one of his works!
Head in the clouds.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #313 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 01:44:22 »

Alright come on, I'm sure he feels bad about posting by now...

In other news lets all look forward to the next chance that Mr. Clack provides for us to own one of his works!

Considering it's the second time he's told us I think he's just doing it to rustle people's jimmies.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #314 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 02:07:34 »
Once upon a time there was a geekhack member who posted about his intention to immediately flip a clack for profit even before his order was processed. The community was in an uproar. To make a long story short, he never got that clack because of his actions. He learned his lesson but paid dearly for it.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #315 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 02:50:43 »
Sold mine

Ya that is poor, you were lucky enough to get one and you just sell it..... why bother then, there are other was to make money.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #316 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 02:55:46 »
Sold mine

Ya that is poor, you were lucky enough to get one and you just sell it..... why bother then, there are other was to make money.

Not to mention the fact that CC doesn't make these so people can profit off them, he makes them so they can be enjoyed by people who actually appreciate them. Entering just to sell it is a slap in the face to CC and the rest of us who entered.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #317 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 03:07:09 »
Sold mine

Not to mention the fact that CC doesn't make these so people can profit off them, he makes them so they can be enjoyed by people who actually appreciate them.

But then by that notion whoever bought it appreciates it that much more and therefore is exactly who CC made it for, no?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #318 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 03:11:55 »
Sold mine

Not to mention the fact that CC doesn't make these so people can profit off them, he makes them so they can be enjoyed by people who actually appreciate them.

But then by that notion whoever bought it appreciates it that much more and therefore is exactly who CC made it for, no?

Something tells me he's not that impressed with people selling his caps for 10x what he prices them at.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #319 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 03:22:11 »
I do have a some problem with the auctions and high markup the CC are sold for, however those people generally had and appreciated the key for a while before selling it off. This is however understandable like any commodity in demand with low supply.

What hurts is that a person gets this piece of art in a lucky dip, where hundreds of other members that would have appreciated the art more are left empty handed, and this person doesn't think once before flipping this art for money, I mean, he could have had it for a week or two and then sold it, atleast took the time to admire and appreciate it once. And this is not just for Tim, but any other member who also did the same but is embarrassed to say it in public.

Truth is, these people do not see CC for what they are, but as piece of plastic that members on GH are crazy for and pay exceptional sums of money for, it is a monetarily beneficial commodity, nothing more.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #320 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 03:38:55 »
So then really the system via which they are distributed is flawed, because CC's should only go to the people who will appreciate them? Son, you live in a fantasy world. While the idea is flowery and ideal, the free market is a big driving force behind the popularity and mystique of these exclusive bits of plastic.

I feel like I've had this conversation before.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #321 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 03:42:30 »
So then really the system via which they are distributed is flawed, because CC's should only go to the people who will appreciate them? Son, you live in a fantasy world. While the idea is flowery and ideal, the free market is a big driving force behind the popularity and mystique of these exclusive bits of plastic.

The system is flawed but I honestly don't see any better way of doing it. Don't get me wrong I understand that there are always going to be people selling them for profit, what I don't see the value in is rubbing everyone's noses in it after the fact.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #322 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 03:47:29 »
Well I agree with you there. A little tact goes a long way.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #323 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 04:27:23 »
So is anyone going to own up to having bought this particular Clack?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #324 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 06:52:07 »

Maybe it's all a ruse....:eek:

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #325 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 07:05:44 »

The system is flawed, but we have no better way. I just wish some people would change their mindset towards CCs.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #326 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 09:22:24 »

Sure. I bought one when I won the EK lottery and they sent me an invoice.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #327 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 09:24:22 »

Can we, ughh... do stuff? I want to be on you.

Offline blueasjim

« Reply #328 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 09:25:04 »

Grats :D
Vortex KBT PURE [MX Red] | CM Storm [MX Blue] | CM Storm [MX Red]

Offline HeavyArms

• "Lit"
« Reply #329 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 10:43:37 »

:p
Head in the clouds.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #330 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 13:46:52 »
Well I hope for his sake he doesn't actually like clacks. He's going to have one hell of a time trying to make any fair trades for them now. Geekhack has this natural way of blacklisting people like this.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #331 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 18:29:21 »

Ahahahaha I think you know what I meant ;)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #332 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 18:43:56 »

Oh man...I just hit last post, saw that question, and gave you my answer. I didn't even read above that rowdy lol. I just wanted to be a smartass :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #333 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 22:57:09 »

Oh man...I just hit last post, saw that question, and gave you my answer. I didn't even read above that rowdy lol. I just wanted to be a smartass :P

Thought as much heh :))

Offline archer

« Reply #334 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 10:28:16 »
Anyone know if/when they'll be done doing lotto for these? I keep checking my email daily thinking I may see an email from EK.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #335 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 10:30:52 »
They have already drawn the winners for this one.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #336 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 11:02:56 »
Anyone know if/when they'll be done doing lotto for these? I keep checking my email daily thinking I may see an email from EK.
Lol they've already been shipped.

Offline archer

« Reply #337 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 11:28:21 »

I wasn't sure if they were doing multiple drawings/shippings or what.. oh well, at least now I can quit checking my email for that.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #338 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 14:06:07 »

I wasn't sure if they were doing multiple drawings/shippings or what.. oh well, at least now I can quit checking my email for that.

Abandon all hope now - it is past.  Those of us who did not win have come to terms with it, and/or have posted our laments here.

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #339 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 18:30:56 »
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #340 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 21:20:15 »
Show Image

Keycaps with that logo on them!!