Author Topic: GMK Mini packs (completed)  (Read 179386 times)

Offline redeye

Re: GMK Mini packs
« Reply #300 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 14:01:42 »
spacebars, retro and spacehomeboy ordered. Good luck to us all!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #301 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 20:50:02 »
It's not crap bag, it's simply mystery colors spacebars. Some real crap bags of over runs and production errors we might be able to get at some later time. I have been talking with GMK about it.

I was going to save it as a surprise... but I think we need some more motivations so... I will buy 400 'CODE' legend 1x1 row B keys if everything here makes the MOQ to give all the orders.

I almost had a stroke reading this. <3 you Ivan!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline YongJK

« Reply #302 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 20:56:34 »
jesus christ.
the numbers wont run.
Keyboard: PLU ML87 Mx Blue

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #303 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 21:07:58 »
Ordered some of each.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #304 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 21:08:30 »
jesus christ.
the numbers wont run.

Not with that attitude they wont!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #305 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 05:57:39 »
Can't remember if I ever resubmitted my order to include some spacebars so just submitted another order :)
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline osxoep

« Reply #306 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 12:40:34 »
Are the code keys only for people who order everything?
HHKB Pro JP with hasu's controller (waiting for MX sliders)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #307 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 13:10:22 »
Are the code keys only for people who order everything?

I believe I read somewhere that Ivan said any order, even just one Esc pack, would qualify for a Code key.

Once each order has a Code key, the remaining Code keys will be distributed amongst the larger orders.

PROVIDED everything listed reaches MOQ.

With only 3 more weeks of ordering, three of the five options are not even 1/4 the way there.  And nothing has reached MOQ yet (space bars are closest, with 350/400).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #308 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 13:28:00 »
Maybe if we order enough spacebars they will go ahead and make the rest of it below MOQ, just for us...because...Weihnachten ist da!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #309 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 14:55:42 »
No things must meet MOQ to be made. No exception will be given. I've noticed many people have been dropping other things but adding more spacebar. We've actually gone backwards in reaching MOQ now from this by 20-50 units for each.
I really thought more people would wanted black on white modifiers to adapt vintage set to modern boards. What's keeping it back? Colors, legend style?
I guess I figured more people would think it was cool to have set that make look like first MX G80 model with black on white mods and black on yellow functions since it's MX 30th anniversary in 2014.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 December 2013, 14:58:30 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #310 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 15:13:13 »
I can't speak for everyone, but it's colors for me.  Not a huge fan of the classic beige with RGB legends.  I prefer modifiers to not be the same colors as the legends for light sets.

I don't think you did anything wrong, however: it's just a matter of demand vs. the high MOQ.  But given the high popularity of the purple modifier kits, it's safer to go with colors that can match many sets rather than just one type of set (classic white/beige).  Like if you had picked an unusual color as the color for the modifier pack (go team teal/turquoise!): they could go with many of the existing GMK/Cherry sets/IMSTO PBT sets.  I was going to say navy or orange, but looking at those samples, they might be too bright.  Something on the order of the purple mods, which are neutral, but a different color. 

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49374.msg1067619#msg1067619

Like 3A or 3B or the eraser pack 3C.  And Sherryton's photograph:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49374.msg1066761#msg1066761

Really, GMK needs to offer more colors--those are pretty limiting (like no navy, for example).
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #311 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 15:50:04 »
No things must meet MOQ to be made. No exception will be given. I've noticed many people have been dropping other things but adding more spacebar. We've actually gone backwards in reaching MOQ now from this by 20-50 units for each.
I really thought more people would wanted black on white modifiers to adapt vintage set to modern boards. What's keeping it back? Colors, legend style?
I guess I figured more people would think it was cool to have set that make look like first MX G80 model with black on white mods and black on yellow functions since it's MX 30th anniversary in 2014.

FWIW I've just updated my order to include function pack, SpaceHomeboy and a couple of random space bars.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline muad

« Reply #312 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 19:07:03 »
I'm really tempted to get a function kit but I can't bring myself to do it because I can't stand the cv yellow. Now if that set was N6 yellow...

Offline balanar

« Reply #313 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 19:16:54 »
I can't speak for everyone, but it's colors for me.  Not a huge fan of the classic beige with RGB legends.  I prefer modifiers to not be the same colors as the legends for light sets.

I don't think you did anything wrong, however: it's just a matter of demand vs. the high MOQ.  But given the high popularity of the purple modifier kits, it's safer to go with colors that can match many sets rather than just one type of set (classic white/beige).  Like if you had picked an unusual color as the color for the modifier pack (go team teal/turquoise!): they could go with many of the existing GMK/Cherry sets/IMSTO PBT sets.

This pretty much sums it up for me. Never been a fan of the RGB mods. Also, considering the beige cherry sets are available through originative already, modifiers in new funky colours would definitely be more appealing. I'd be fine with even the orange if it were a full pack that covered all the modifiers on an ANSI board. I would actually suggest throwing in the necessary keys for ISO boards so they could get in on the GMK loving as well without paying through the nose. Just my 2 cents.

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #314 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 19:27:44 »

I like the retro set idea quite a bit, but in my opinion retro and all the sets suffers from the same problem's purple/cmyk did:
1.) People cannot visualize what it will look like in an actual keyboard layout from just the keys like that. they need mock ups, even if the colors aren't perfect. correct me if i'm wrong but the only mock up in the thread is my space homeboy one
2.) Not listed in the OP what color things will match with. I know its later in the thread when you answered me, but should be in the OP or even better a picture of original cherry caps it will match
3.) Its another incomplete set for anyone using a full size keyboard of any kind with the 9 pack and part of numpad still in the dark beige color. At least with purple you just needed another WoB cherry set and it could look good. Here you need Retro + Black-on-Beige cherry set + Black-on-light-beige 1838 cherry set to get an entire light beige colored set. For once its a better case for 18xx people only needing the 1838 :)
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #315 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 19:49:08 »
But given the high popularity of the purple modifier kits, it's safer to go with colors that can match many sets rather than just one type of set (classic white/beige).  Like if you had picked an unusual color as the color for the modifier pack (go team teal/turquoise!): they could go with many of the existing GMK/Cherry sets/IMSTO PBT sets. 

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49374.msg1067619#msg1067619

Like 3A or 3B or the eraser pack 3C.  And Sherryton's photograph:

Show Image

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49374.msg1066761#msg1066761

Really, GMK needs to offer more colors--those are pretty limiting (like no navy, for example).

While I've ordered the Retro set (it's GMK after all) I do agree here, I think if we went with colored mods we would get a lot more interest. Every time I post a board with my purple mods I get no end of questions asking where I bought them, when I post my Classic Beige set no one seems to care.

I think if we went with a white on green (like the Esc pack green) or a white on blue similar to Raindrop we wouldn't have nearly as much trouble meeting MOQ.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #316 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 19:53:17 »
I think if we went with a white on green (like the Esc pack green) or a white on blue similar to Raindrop we wouldn't have nearly as much trouble meeting MOQ.

Green would be so slick.   Especially a whole mod set.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #317 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 19:57:06 »
For me the advantage of going with white legends as well means the set can be interchangeable with both Dolch and WoB alphas, I do the same with my Purple mods and they look great with both.

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #318 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 19:58:17 »

white-on-green mod set like purple and with the 9pack and stuff would be so nice
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #319 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 20:46:05 »

white-on-green mod set like purple and with the 9pack and stuff would be so nice

This!

Like from the Esc pack from a while ago.

Although that might be a bit like combining the various keycaps from EK.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #320 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 20:47:44 »
That green is already available from EK (not the full set, but a lot of the caps for ANSI):
http://www.elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #321 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 21:05:15 »
Yeah it's really too bad EK didn't get backspace, tab and caps locks too in all those colors. Then most people would be set with primaries.

I think white mods and alphas with beige nav looks fine... I guess Cherry thought so too...

a little of this a little of that...

Would adding only the math keys for numpad appease? It would be more balanced I guess without making the price too much more. Would more people like the RETRO mods if we ditch the RGB legends and all black?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #322 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 21:08:26 »
Would more people like the RETRO mods if we ditch the RGB legends and all black?

If anything I think you'll find you lose more orders if you change it to plain black, the RGB legends are the only thing keeping my order.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #323 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 21:12:18 »
Yeah it's really too bad EK didn't get backspace, tab and caps locks too in all those colors. Then most people would be set with primaries.

I think white mods and alphas with beige nav looks fine... I guess Cherry thought so too...
Show Image

a little of this a little of that...
Show Image

Would adding only the math keys for numpad appease? It would be more balanced I guess without making the price too much more. Would more people like the RETRO mods if we ditch the RGB legends and all black?

My QFS does not have a numeric keypad, neither does my QFR, these being the keyboards onto which any of these are likely to end up.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #324 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 21:19:04 »
Just trying to get more consensus to make the order work to the MOQ. It's really tough to get enough people together on colorways and options vs. cost limits to get there. We need to make it work, or all we are doing is wasting lot of time talking about things that won't ever get made.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #325 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 21:22:39 »
Just trying to get more consensus to make the order work to the MOQ. It's really tough to get enough people together on colorways and options vs. cost limits to get there. We need to make it work, or all we are doing is wasting lot of time talking about things that won't ever get made.

Appreciate all your hard work man, it must be like herding cats sometimes.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #326 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 21:25:16 »

Yes, thank you!  I realize it can't be easy with all of us picky people being picky.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #327 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 21:29:21 »

Yes, thank you!  I realize it can't be easy with all of us picky people being picky.

And everyone wanting something slightly different to what the next person wants.

I grabbed the Esc pack straight away.

I was debating the yellow Fn pack, but ended up getting one.

The orange modifiers was tempting, but after seeing the sample the idea grew on me and I added a set to my order.

The space bars - can't really resist.  I am curious what colours I will end up with.

But the white modifiers are kinda meh, can't see myself using them much, if at all.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #328 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 21:33:34 »

And everyone wanting something slightly different to what the next person wants.

I grabbed the Esc pack straight away.

I was debating the yellow Fn pack, but ended up getting one.

The orange modifiers was tempting, but after seeing the sample the idea grew on me and I added a set to my order.

The space bars - can't really resist.  I am curious what colours I will end up with.

But the white modifiers are kinda meh, can't see myself using them much, if at all.

I feel similar, but after kind of shrugging off the Purple Mods last time (who wants purple, amirite?) and then falling in love with them after I actually got them in hand, I've decided to just buy anything GMK sight unseen, particularly these mini pack sort of things.  But hey, that's just me.  :)

Offline aj-kun

« Reply #329 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 21:37:33 »
23 GMK SPACE CRAPBAGS ORDERED ;)

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #330 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 21:49:12 »

Show Image

agree'd that white mods & beige nav looks nice. its the + - and other keys that would end up looking weird

Interesting idea though with the colors that EK already has...maybe making an addon to them to allow a complete set. or at least as complete as purple was on ansi boards...hmm :)
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #331 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 23:20:14 »
I feel similar, but after kind of shrugging off the Purple Mods last time (who wants purple, amirite?) and then falling in love with them after I actually got them in hand, I've decided to just buy anything GMK sight unseen, particularly these mini pack sort of things.  But hey, that's just me.  :)

I like my purple mods.  I had some of them mixed with EK RGB mods for a while.

Now I am enjoying GKM beige keyset, and the purple mods are languishing in a box.

One day I will probably get them out and mate them with the bulk of the GMK beige set.

And my RGB mods and other mod packs are languishing in boxes.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #332 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 09:53:09 »
I ordered one of each. In gmk we trust.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #333 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 09:55:39 »
Am I the only one who buys extra GMK keys just to put them in a box in case I might want to use them someday?

Offline aj-kun

« Reply #334 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 10:06:54 »
Am I the only one who buys extra GMK keys just to put them in a box in case I might want to use them someday?

That'll be me with my 46 random GMK spacebars and 9 SP 7x spacebars(I ordered last night).

Going to start the non matching spacebar club.

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #335 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 10:13:28 »

I do the same...explains why I have boxes and boxes of stuff on the shelf :|

finally submitted an order here too by the way  :thumb:
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #336 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 10:18:09 »

That'll be me with my 46 random GMK spacebars and 9 SP 7x spacebars(I ordered last night).

Going to start the non matching spacebar club.

I'm sure you'll find some use for them haha

Offline aj-kun

« Reply #337 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 11:28:58 »
Switch it up everyday 32 different colourways for my KMAC & Gon.
Spacebar Hipster™

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #338 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 15:47:04 »

No - I have bags, rather than boxes, of keycap sets.  Those ziplock sandwich bags - a good size and see-through.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #339 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 15:50:53 »

No - I have bags, rather than boxes, of keycap sets.  Those ziplock sandwich bags - a good size and see-through.

Well yeah mine are in zip lock backs, walmart bags, manilla mailers....piled in boxes

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #340 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 15:52:27 »

Well yeah mine are in zip lock backs, walmart bags, manilla mailers....piled in boxes

Some of mine are even on keyboards :eek:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #341 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 15:53:08 »

Some of mine are even on keyboards :eek:

mine 2..we have so much in common....

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #342 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 18:57:08 »
Zip locks in shoe boxes.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #343 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 00:12:28 »
Did I fill this out? I can't remember if I filled this out....

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #344 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 00:15:47 »

Fill it out again!

New order replaces old one.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #345 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 00:46:09 »

Fill it out again!

Right O, rollin for a purple spacebar!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #346 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 00:47:30 »

Fill it out again!

Right O, rollin for a purple spacebar!

BACK YOU FOUL BEAST! Dem purps are mine :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #347 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 04:10:18 »
Completely random colours, and I predict a GMK space bar trade thread appearing around the time these ship.

Offline aj-kun

« Reply #348 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 05:10:50 »
Completely random colours, and I predict a GMK space bar trade thread appearing around the time these ship.
You live in Australia, & I live in Australia. We're trading mate.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #349 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 06:32:43 »
You live in Australia, & I live in Australia. We're trading mate.

Count me in too, I've got 5 packs on order now and I'll probably double that.