Author Topic: Bro Caps Therapy  (Read 2725577 times)

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
Re: Bro Caps Therapy
« Reply #14100 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 15:08:02 »
Wait, this isn't the post your Bro caps in a cereal bowl while drinking a Sour Beer thread???     :p :p

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #14101 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 15:09:58 »
I play games on whatever i have in front of me. Currently my SSK.

It makes no difference to me, just because i'm bad anyway.

But back on topic. I feel like people always want to slim down to the essentials. You want the artisan and things that compliment the artisan or it being on the keyboard.
Not everyone will like a t-shirt design, such as this one with guns and whatnot, but that's part of the character and part of the cap's story. So yea, you may not like it and would rather pay less and opt out of things they dont like, but that defeats the purpose of the story.

Everyone will always have different taste, so like it has been said, some will join and some wont. It's kind of just like any other cap design. Some will like it, some wont.

Overall, reading people's opinion, maybe it would be nice to have an option to opt out of things, but that might take the special element out of the cap's story and just make it just another cap being sold
Small things like keychains are always fun and something everyone likes.

Maybe take a poll on what people would want to be included.

If people really didn't like some of the things included in the package, then speak up and give some feedback.

Like beehatch said, A display, keychain, or even special packaging would be nice. Nice details to the product will always make it feel like it's worth the money.

Slim down???   Whatcha talkin' about!!   Okay, okay ...... just one more bowl of Brocaps!!!   

(Attachment Link)

Damn you have both my dream BBv2's :(

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #14102 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 15:13:36 »

But back on topic. I feel like people always want to slim down to the essentials. You want the artisan and things that compliment the artisan or it being on the keyboard.
Not everyone will like a t-shirt design, such as this one with guns and whatnot, but that's part of the character and part of the cap's story. So yea, you may not like it and would rather pay less and opt out of things they dont like, but that defeats the purpose of the story.

Everyone will always have different taste, so like it has been said, some will join and some wont. It's kind of just like any other cap design. Some will like it, some wont.

Overall, reading people's opinion, maybe it would be nice to have an option to opt out of things, but that might take the special element out of the cap's story and just make it just another cap being sold

If people really didn't like some of the things included in the package, then speak up and give some feedback.

Like beehatch said, A display, keychain, or even special packaging would be nice. Nice details to the product will always make it feel like it's worth the money.

Slim down???   Whatcha talkin' about!!   Okay, okay ...... just one more bowl of Brocaps!!!   

(Attachment Link)

Dat der emerald is looking mighty sexy!

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14103 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 15:14:17 »

(Attachment Link)

AAARRRGGGGG... I SEE ORANGE IN THERE!!!

:)

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14104 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 15:16:00 »

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #14105 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 15:24:05 »

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #14106 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 15:24:22 »

speaking of pricey, what's up with this!?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182007996298?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

For a good cause.

Good cause? Is this a charity sale?

I don't think so

It just showed up on eBay and there is no mention of charity

That's just from what I know.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #14107 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 15:24:31 »
Wait, this isn't the post your Bro caps in a cereal bowl while drinking a Sour Beer thread???     :p :p

I think you are just posting this to fill up your inbox...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #14108 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 15:24:43 »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182007996298?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

For a good cause.

No those are not a charity sale as far as I know, well its not absyrds account who sells them from time to time to help destiny
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14109 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 15:30:51 »

For a good cause.

No those are not a charity sale as far as I know, well its not absyrds account who sells them from time to time to help destiny

Ok, so not charity... thennnnnn...

What's up with that price?

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #14110 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 15:32:33 »

For a good cause.

People will pay obscene prices for BBv2s and then ***** about prices.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #14111 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 15:38:07 »

For a good cause.

If that were for charity it would be mine, but to line some guy's pocket?  I'm not bidding.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline dohbot

« Reply #14112 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 15:46:33 »

For a good cause.

If that were for charity it would be mine, but to line some guy's pocket?  I'm not bidding.
It was lower than the Invasion price at the beginning of the day but Ripster kept posting on each reddit thread links to these two V2s (there is also a blue one) and I think the reddit V2 craze drove them up drastically.
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #14113 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 15:52:37 »

For a good cause.

It was lower than the Invasion price at the beginning of the day but Ripster kept posting on each reddit thread links to these two V2s (there is also a blue one) and I think the reddit V2 craze drove them up drastically.

Yeah if the money was to charity I'm all for bidding it up.

Ripster is funny that way though.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #14114 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 15:59:17 »
Any news on today's sale?

Offline aubthedrummer

• Papa Bless^
« Reply #14115 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:01:55 »

(Attachment Link)

woahh... so many

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14116 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:05:32 »
Wooo. Cap only option. Thank you Bro for making this happen.  :thumb:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #14117 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:05:59 »
Part of me is sad that they decided to add a key cap only option to the Invasion sale.  Even though I couldn't justify the price and it wasn't my cup of tea, it was conceptually a cool idea and it's sad to see it broken up.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #14118 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:06:56 »
Part of me is sad that they decided to add a key cap only option to the Invasion sale.  Even though I couldn't justify the price and it wasn't my cup of tea, it was conceptually a cool idea and it's sad to see it broken up.

Yeah same here but what can you do.

My chances of getting one just took a shot too  :'(

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14119 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:08:16 »
I'm sad. I feel like bro worked so hard, and it shows, but people overlooked it because of the price

But in the end, as long as Bro is happy with the work he puts in then it's fine. people will surely appreciate it.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #14120 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:10:18 »
I'm sad. I feel like bro worked so hard, and it shows, but people overlooked it because of the price

But in the end, as long as Bro is happy with the work he puts in then it's fine. people will surely appreciate it.

Yeah really but you're right. It's Bro's decision and if he's good with it then it's all that matters.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #14121 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:12:04 »

Yeah, I think it's a shame too. Although it's probably been done due to lack of demand. Although now I think there goes my chance at getting one lol.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #14122 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:14:18 »

I agree. Seems like he put in a ton of time, thought, and effort into it.

Sometimes I don't know how he puts up with all of us
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline bjb39

Re: Brobot therapy
« Reply #14123 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:16:31 »
I just want the steel bro bots to be available again, they look so good!

Any BroBots would be welcome! Personally, I'm not a fan of any BroCaps since  :'(

EDIT: Oops, responded to page 1 of a few-hundred page thread. My bad.

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #14124 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:17:31 »

Yeah, I think it's a shame too. Although it's probably been done due to lack of demand. Although now I think there goes my chance at getting one lol.
I think because of low demand people with the whole package will get one regardless.

Offline derb2k2

• Something of a Topre ****..
« Reply #14125 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:18:55 »
looks like the invasion package is getting reduced and we'll be able to purchase the cap alone. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=59295.0

Even though I wasn't interested in the package, I was pleasantly surprised by this direction, Bro. I fully read the story and being an avid reader (and writer), I can say that it was pretty good.
HHKB | RF 45UB | Novatouch | Poker II Blue | QFR Browns | Rosewill RK-9000RE

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #14126 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:19:01 »

I think because of low demand people with the whole package will get one regardless.

Hopefully!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #14127 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:20:58 »

Hopefully!

^^^^^^^^^^

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #14128 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:23:15 »

I don't know about that??    I just think that Bro ideally wants EVERYONE to be happy .....

Personally, I was fine with the package set at $125.   But all of you whiners here forced Bro's hand   ;D ;D

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #14129 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:23:35 »
It was a real bummer. I wouldn't have bought it now, since I don't have enough money to justify $100 on this, but I really liked the idea of having a "premium" package that made it more than just buying a cap. I hope to see this in the future with more designs, and possible higher availability. To me, it's much like people pre-ordering the premium version of a game to get special accessories along with the game. Like with GTA V, you could buy that premium version with the money bag, map, hat, etc, or Fallout would come with the mini nuke, etc. To me, it's just like that. And when you think about it, $100 for a cap that already costs $50 is not that bad, considering it also comes with a shirt, poster, and sticker.

I also really liked the story that came with it. I'd like to see more of these stories with caps, whether or not it's in a bundle. Who knew Bro was such a great writer  :))

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #14130 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:30:47 »
That seems a very quick decision - I was almost certainly going to enter but was waiting just in case there is something amazing in the other sale and surely wasn't alone.  The shirt looks awesome and will surely be worn to destruction!

Sorry for not posting more hype earlier Bro :(
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #14131 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:34:03 »
It was a real bummer. I wouldn't have bought it now, since I don't have enough money to justify $100 on this, but I really liked the idea of having a "premium" package that made it more than just buying a cap. I hope to see this in the future with more designs, and possible higher availability. To me, it's much like people pre-ordering the premium version of a game to get special accessories along with the game. Like with GTA V, you could buy that premium version with the money bag, map, hat, etc, or Fallout would come with the mini nuke, etc. To me, it's just like that. And when you think about it, $100 for a cap that already costs $50 is not that bad, considering it also comes with a shirt, poster, and sticker.

I also really liked the story that came with it. I'd like to see more of these stories with caps, whether or not it's in a bundle. Who knew Bro was such a great writer  :))

I'm waiting anxiously for the Ribbit 2 story.   I'm thinking a Marvel meets Disney origin!!   

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #14132 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:38:08 »

I'm waiting anxiously for the Ribbit 2 story.   I'm thinking a Marvel meets Disney origin!!
Merge Ribbit 2 into the invasion story pls

I want alien-fighting super frogs

Offline theoriginal123123

« Reply #14133 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:39:16 »

Merge Ribbit 2 into the invasion story pls

I want alien-fighting super frogs

Mecha Ribbit aaww yeesss

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #14134 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:48:53 »
Tripleshot Zombie Stump Ribbit!!   YES!!

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14135 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:50:13 »
I say bro just puts a $300 package and that's it :$

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14136 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 17:03:30 »
I think this sale is freaking awesome. The concept and production of it all is really next level and although it's not for everyone, it's very unique and adds another layer to the keycap hobby. Biggest bummer about it for me is that there's no topre version :-(

Anyways, I thank bro and crew for doing all this. I'm sure the amount of time and effort it took to create this project was immense.

Thanks for creating such badass content!!!!!!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #14137 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 17:09:42 »
I'd def go for the CE if I could, but I just can't fit it into the budget at the moment.
Thanks for adding the option of cap alone. Can't wait to see what else is in store.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #14138 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 17:10:04 »
Well I'm really really happy its available as key only as well now, glad my feedback when I talked to bunny was taken into consideration.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #14139 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 17:11:33 »
lol
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14140 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 17:11:54 »
maybe add the CE reaper keycap option in the second sale?

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #14141 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 17:12:29 »
I just want a sticker ......

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #14142 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 17:41:49 »
I was pretty ok with the price for a bundle as well, altho the price tag was pretty steep.
For a limited edition bundle it still seemed very fair to me!  :)

If a keycap only option is being added, will people who already joined be able to make the switch?

My Wallet went thru quite some pain recently and while I love the Bundle features, I could't really justify the additional cost if theres a keycap only option.

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14143 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 17:42:19 »
Tripleshot Zombie Stump Ribbit!!   YES!!

I'd pay cash for that!

Offline piemancoder

« Reply #14144 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 17:44:23 »
I just realized something. The V2 Reaper is kind of a robot. So what if it's actually the BBV3? Or maybe the next Brobot will be a Reaper without a hood?
Yoda grammar best has

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #14145 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 17:45:34 »
Since I joined the original listing at $125, can I be rewarded with two sets since I didn't complain like everyone else.   That way for just an extra $75, I get two t-shirts and I don't need to worry about whether I'm a M or L or really just somewhere right in between   :thumb: :thumb:

Offline bjb39

« Reply #14146 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 17:52:12 »
I just realized something. The V2 Reaper is kind of a robot. So what if it's actually the BBV3? Or maybe the next Brobot will be a Reaper without a hood?

Please no.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14147 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 17:52:51 »

#showerthoughts

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #14148 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 17:54:07 »
#ribbit2k16

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #14149 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 18:00:43 »
Since I joined the original listing at $125, can I be rewarded with two sets since I didn't complain like everyone else.   That way for just an extra $75, I get two t-shirts and I don't need to worry about whether I'm a M or L or really just somewhere right in between   :thumb: :thumb:

Haha I'd be happy with just one :p