Author Topic: Bro Caps Therapy  (Read 2724892 times)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
Re: Bro Caps Therapy
« Reply #8350 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 20:16:35 »
That MX gamer set swag  :eek: thank you bro just thank you

You won't be thanking him when I wins them all.
Aaaaahaaaaa touché
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #8351 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 21:11:01 »
Hnnnngh. Dat griiiid.

Still no update on that tracking. >_< Still just stuck on 'Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS' despite having been sent out yesterday morning according to the sender. I'm not horrifically worried yet, it was submitted electronically and if it was put in an outgoing mailbox or dropped through a slot or given to a carrier I've seen the tracking never update due to lazy, and it hasn't been enough time yet for it to get to my state if they managed to not scan it on the way out, but I've still got the 'irreplaceable bro caps in the mail' jitters.
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #8352 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 21:17:29 »
I'm sad that Bro's stem design for MX won't work with bunny's sliders... HHKB will be gamer set-less from now on.  :'(

I'm planning on keeping one stock slider on the Escape key so I can at least have a bro on there.   :)

Maybe Bro will redesign it to be compatible with Novatouch sliders with his new ones.  I also have a stem I designed that's squared off and stronger than the round stems, but still Novatouch compatible, that I'd be willing to share with him.
I can hope.  :)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #8353 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 01:09:52 »
So the wife and I were heading home from dinner tonight, and we pulled up behind a Cadillac SUV thing.  And in the emblem on the tailgate, I saw what my brain recognized as a cross between a Bro Bot, and one of Bros Reapers.  I distinctly saw the Bro Bot eyes, but the bottom of the emblem looked like the jaw line and teeth of the reaper.

I need help.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #8354 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 22:00:25 »
There is no help. There is only ZuulBro.

The package USPS was sitting on their thumbs with came, now I'm waiting for an inbound and being irritated that the outbound hasn't started tracking yet. Stupid slow USPS.

On the bright side the inbound has at least made it to the US from Australia, I assume it's currently being scanned for hitchhiking spiders and dropbears. So sometime this coming week it should be hereeeee.
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #8355 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 22:01:51 »
There is no help. There is only ZuulBro.

The package USPS was sitting on their thumbs with came, now I'm waiting for an inbound and being irritated that the outbound hasn't started tracking yet. Stupid slow USPS.

On the bright side the inbound has at least made it to the US from Australia, I assume it's currently being scanned for hitchhiking spiders and dropbears. So sometime this coming week it should be hereeeee.

I expect an unusually high amount of pictures.

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #8356 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 22:04:15 »
Went to a meet up today. There were a few folks unfamiliar with Bro Caps. I got a lot of "Oh my god. Are those TESTICLES??? HEY COME LOOK AT THESE!!"

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #8357 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 00:04:37 »

Went to a meet up today. There were a few folks unfamiliar with Bro Caps. I got a lot of "Oh my god. Are those TESTICLES??? HEY COME LOOK AT THESE!!"
Hahaha
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #8358 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 00:07:08 »
I got a lot of "Oh my god. Are those TESTICLES??? HEY COME LOOK AT THESE!!"

HAHAHA!!!

I can imagine Bro Caps in the shadows being like...

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #8359 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 05:51:01 »
I got a lot of "Oh my god. Are those TESTICLES??? HEY COME LOOK AT THESE!!"

HAHAHA!!!

I can imagine Bro Caps in the shadows being like...

Show Image

this cracked me up great stuff guys
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8360 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 17:38:52 »

Keyboard meetup??  Where??

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #8361 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 17:40:45 »

Hehe~ except he'd be stroking balls instead of a cat... I'll stop.

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #8362 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 18:56:38 »

Mesa Arizona (basically Phoenix)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8363 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 19:13:42 »

Ahhh, cool cool!  I saw the thread for that one ( :thumb: ) - was worried there was a Chicago one I missed.  :P  Were you down there already for other stuff or did you go just for the meetup?  Either way, awesome.  :D

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #8364 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 20:02:33 »

Ahhh, cool cool!  I saw the thread for that one ( :thumb: ) - was worried there was a Chicago one I missed.  :P  Were you down there already for other stuff or did you go just for the meetup?  Either way, awesome.  :D

In Tucson for family matters, figured I'd make the trip up the Phoenix while the timing was right

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #8365 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 20:28:46 »

Hehe~ except he'd be stroking balls instead of a cat... I'll stop.
hahaha the mental image was perfect disturbing but purrrfect  :eek:

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #8366 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 20:32:32 »

I just had the same thought. I'd like to think I'd be aware of a meetup near me.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8367 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 20:38:31 »
I just had the same thought. I'd like to think I'd be aware of a meetup near me.

You'd hope!  :))

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8368 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 18:04:07 »
is it normal for reapers to have a small indent on the southern part of the cap?

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #8369 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 18:18:19 »
is it normal for reapers to have a small indent on the southern part of the cap?

At the bottom of the hood? Yes
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8370 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 18:21:28 »

At the bottom of the hood? Yes

yeah right there, wanted to make sure it wasn't damaged.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8371 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 17:13:59 »
Watch out watch out sounds like their might be fake foggy white and clear blue keys floating around :X hope you get it sorted out bro.

PS: Edited it cause I'm a goofball :p
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 August 2015, 17:19:09 by Fire Brand »
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8372 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 17:21:49 »
Watch out watch out sounds like their might be fake foggy white and clear blue keys floating around :X hope you get it sorted out bro.

For reference.

That really sucks.  I hate how scummy people can be.  Of course, it's never about money, it's just about "making things more available".

That color really reinforces my belief that that trans Clack full of bubbles sold on eBay and listed on here was a fake.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8373 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 17:23:46 »

For reference.

That really sucks.  I hate how scummy people can be.  Of course, it's never about money, it's just about "making things more available".

That color really reinforces my belief that that trans Clack full of bubbles sold on eBay and listed on here was a fake.
:X I had forgotten about that sad thing is it looked really nice too, be a shame if this keeps on as it might just make some give up not out of loss of money but just sick of dealing with this kind of stuff :x
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline btctopre

« Reply #8374 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 17:52:49 »
assuming bro is referencing this guy's fakes, basically pump your breaks if someone offers you a trade in colors similar to these (apologies to galactus owners) and talk to bro first:
THESE ARE FAKE

THESE ARE FAKE

this should prob go in fake clack/bro discussion, but i figure this is where people will go to talk about the faq update.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8375 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 18:06:36 »
THESE ARE FAKE
Show Image

THESE ARE FAKE

gross

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #8376 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 18:19:58 »
Jesus those reapers look busted and just off

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8377 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 18:22:37 »
assuming bro is referencing this guy's fakes, basically pump your breaks if someone offers you a trade in colors similar to these (apologies to galactus owners) and talk to bro first:
THESE ARE FAKE
Show Image

THESE ARE FAKE

this should prob go in fake clack/bro discussion, but i figure this is where people will go to talk about the faq update.
:X good thing my galactic has a ctrl alt receipt on my account for it :X
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #8378 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 18:32:14 »
THESE ARE FAKE
Show Image

THESE ARE FAKE

do you know when those pictures are from ?
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 August 2015, 18:40:40 by Sed8op8 »

Offline btctopre

« Reply #8379 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 18:47:03 »
do you when those pictures are from ?
i saw them july 14th, so probably not much earlier than that since i generally check international sites once a week or so for keyboard ****.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #8380 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 20:01:50 »
i saw them july 14th, so probably not much earlier than that since i generally check international sites once a week or so for keyboard ****.
I double checked my icestorm just to be in the clear found out it might be a unicorn  :eek: I always thought it had a slight green tint  :)) or it might be a dyed ice storm but not a fake thank god  :))

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #8381 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 21:20:03 »
I double checked my icestorm just to be in the clear found out it might be a unicorn  :eek: I always thought it had a slight green tint  :)) or it might be a dyed ice storm but not a fake thank god  :))

If it's clear and almost looks like ice when you look at it then it's an Icestorm, if it's slightly cloudy and mostly colorless then it's probably a Unicorn Blood.

Edit: also Icestorms are glossy and Unicorns are matte

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8382 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 21:39:40 »
dang one of the fakes looks like a conservative red, hopefully the one I have is real :( my first bro too

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #8383 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 21:45:02 »
THESE ARE FAKE
Show Image

THESE ARE FAKE

Thanks for the pictures. 

Though, if someone was to offer me a drunken Reaper, I'd be all like

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline ImDaBaron

« Reply #8384 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 22:28:46 »

When I traded my Icestorm I had someone tell me it was fake. But the picture didnt show the sparkle on the cap. The color was a little different from the fake ones too.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #8385 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 22:30:31 »
Damn, those keys look haggard! It's so frustrating seeing scum bags ripping off such awesome designs like the v1 Reaper  :(

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #8386 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 23:03:14 »
Damn. At least anything similar to those i've already acquired through reputable people.

Sucks people have to even think twice about trading.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #8387 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 23:44:01 »
OOOH. Even if they arent for sale. Still wanna buy them !

Edit: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=59295.msg1840718#msg1840718

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #8388 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 23:44:37 »
tfw official sale thread is bumped and i'm not wearing pants.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8389 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 01:41:31 »
Great, more nasty fakes out there. Those kids really dislike the fact Bro is able to produce such awesome quality designs. Now it seems like my efforts could actually help people out rather than just be a checklist ha

Those v2 reapers though, look ****ing great, they look a lot more substantial than the V1's and I can't wait to see what Bro has planned for the first sale colour wise. I also wonder if the added complicity was done to help prevent more gash fakes... Btw Bro, you gotsta make em bright and loud baby!

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #8390 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 05:27:05 »

If it's clear and almost looks like ice when you look at it then it's an Icestorm, if it's slightly cloudy and mostly colorless then it's probably a Unicorn Blood.

Edit: also Icestorms are glossy and Unicorns are matte
ya I had to ask bro to look at it and he said he made some unicorns that had green but that there was was also someone that dyed an icestorm green awhile back he couldn't remember who. It's slightly hazy and its not glossy with a very slight green tint

Edit...It looks like I have a unicorn then No **** haha
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 August 2015, 06:28:18 by Sed8op8 »

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8391 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 06:19:36 »
Man, these fakes!!!I didn't even know they have so many variants now. Omg. This is getting out of hands. We had to be extra careful when trading now. Good thing too, so less shipping fees to pay, lol. Let's just enjoy and be contend with the caps at hand.  Not always lusting for the ones in the bush.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #8392 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 06:24:12 »
Man, these fakes!!!I didn't even know they have so many variants now. Omg. This is getting out of hands. We had to be extra careful when trading now. Good thing too, so less shipping fees to pay, lol. Let's just enjoy and be contend with the caps at hand.  Not always lusting for the ones in the bush.
without a doubt ! I trade wayyyyy too much. In one way it's nice because I get to deal with a lot of people And circulate caps into the community on another hand I sometimes end up not fully enjoying my stuff, regretting trades, not fully investigating caps where they come from etc .... I'm just glad I have gotten lucky so far.....!

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #8393 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 07:37:46 »

fake artisans make me sad.  :(  i trust people way too much i think.  i trade a lot, so i will have to be more careful knowing there are this many fakes out there...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8394 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 07:44:06 »

Always lust for the bush ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline THSdrummer

• HKP hunter. Need moar.
« Reply #8395 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 11:55:05 »
THESE ARE FAKE
Show Image

THESE ARE FAKE

Wow. Didn't realize there were fake Reapers out there. That's also a shame about the beer looking one. I'd love to see a beer inspired Bro sale, but I can imagine it'll be more difficult with those fakes out there.

Leopold FC660m  CM Stealth TKL

WTB: ^^ (O-Zone Bro V2), Drunk Skull, Oktoberfest, Laser/Poison/Woodland HKPs, G1 HKP Gas Masks
MY CLASSIFIEDS THREAD

Offline Reigning Hell

• Forever Fiending 4 a V2
« Reply #8396 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 13:23:47 »
I just saw this photo of the Nebulus V2 from the Post your Bros thread - I've opened Pandoa's box, pls help.

and literally got up in my chair and said "daaaamnn" at how the clouds look in these keycaps.

Automatically made this final collection of V2s grail-tier to me lol. Now to eventually getting one  :'(
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 August 2015, 15:00:53 by Reigning Hell »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #8397 on: Sat, 22 August 2015, 11:27:30 »
So my Powder Puff Purple set officially has some kind of imperfection in the plastic batch or had some kind of reaction with my fingers.

First noticed:

2x efferdent bath:

Brown still there:

This stinks. :(

Think Binge may have been right, but not sure.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41053.msg1840040#msg1840040
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 August 2015, 11:29:39 by absyrd »
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline btctopre

« Reply #8398 on: Sat, 22 August 2015, 11:28:57 »
pooder puff purple

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #8399 on: Sat, 22 August 2015, 12:32:02 »
That Kushy 420 Purp is so damn sexy...  :eek: