Author Topic: fake clack discussion  (Read 377338 times)

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
Re: fake clack discussion
« Reply #1100 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:00:03 »
Spam, weren't those just photoshopped? I though CC got mad at the guy though because everyone started messaging him because they thought there was a sale or something. (I mean that about the first picture, not the 2nd)

Don't believe they were shopped. This isn't the first picture of these to come out.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:01:51 by exitfire401 »
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1101 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:00:56 »
Spam, weren't those just photoshopped? I though CC got mad at the guy though because everyone started messaging him because they thought there was a sale or something. (I mean that about the first picture, not the 2nd)

So we know with 100% accuracy who the guy is, but I wont post his info here. When I confronted them on their forum, they deleted my posts and put a 20 post requirement to post (LOL). So I made a new account (note the ID)...

Show Image

http://forum.vietnammechkey.com/threads/keycap-laboratory.26.html
I just can't believe they seem to be openly supporting the guy over there... (Wonder if PMH had anything to do with the ban :P)

Sure.....'photoshopped'....yeah.....do you guys not get the emails with all the details about what's really going on?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1102 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:01:32 »
the full reveal is coming soon
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
fake clack discussion
« Reply #1103 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:03:28 »
Many areas over there have no concept of copyright or intellectual property. They don't understand how wrong it is, and I think they view us as making too big a deal out of it.

I don't agree with them on any of that, I'm just pointing out what I think is their thought process.

I really hate doing business and go out of my way to avoid buying things made in certain places because I don't want to contribute to their criminal economy. Still hard though.

Edit: again, just want to reiterate that I vehemently disagree with their view. Just wanted to share my observation since I lived in China for a long time and have been to many of the places related to this topic.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:11:29 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1104 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:09:14 »
He needs to cut his fingernails, that is disgusting

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1105 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:17:32 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

seems legit

we know that the first ones were photoshopped and never actually produced, he said so himself, and supplied original photos IIRC.

and for the love of whatever deity you believe in, PMH has nothing to do with this. I've said it before, I'll say it again. He got gifted some fakes from his friend, he doesn't make them, he doesn't support them. Can we stop crucifying him and all the other Vietnamese members EVERY time he/they posts? Most of them are totally innocent.

Thanks,
-TS
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1106 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:18:52 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

seems legit

we know that the first ones were photoshopped and never actually produced, he said so himself, and supplied original photos IIRC.

and for the love of whatever deity you believe in, PMH has nothing to do with this. I've said it before, I'll say it again. He got gifted some fakes from his friend, he doesn't make them, he doesn't support them. Can we stop crucifying him and all the other Vietnamese members EVERY time he/they posts? Most of them are totally innocent.

Thanks,
-TS

That's not what my emails say.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1107 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:20:30 »
Ray, did i miss something?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #1108 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:22:08 »
Many areas over there have no concept of copyright or intellectual property. They don't understand how wrong it is, and I think they view us as making too big a deal out of it.

They know exactly what a big deal it is to us, and he (GH username: megaxpop) taunts and teases at that point.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1109 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:22:38 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1110 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:23:13 »
I just can't believe they seem to be openly supporting the guy over there... (Wonder if PMH had anything to do with the ban :P)

Regardless of whether he did (which I'm sure he did), the fact that he supports K3 and had given him a place to display his wares is despicable.  I don't know why pmh is still not banned here.

I don't agree with them on any of that, I'm just pointing out what I think is their thought process.

Many places do have that mindset and you see a lot of that mindset over on Reddit, which is ironic given how much they ***** about other sites "stealing" their content and ***** if someone steals their product and rips it off.

That said, it's apparent that K3 doesn't fit into that category.  He knows what he is doing is wrong, but doesn't give a **** and would rather be spiteful and vindictive and make money off someone else's work.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1111 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:23:59 »

Apparently.

Well...

What did I miss?

I'm really confused all of a sudden

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1112 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:31:27 »

Apparently.

Well...

What did I miss?

I'm really confused all of a sudden

I think its in the 'post your bros' thread in media... But I have trouble tracking it all... As mods see fit to randomly allow chat in one place and not another, then that changes etc...

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1113 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:34:03 »

Well to start, pmh is a mod on the Vietnamese forum where K3 has a sub and he has praised K3 in his threads.  That in and of it's self warrants him being crucified since he obviously has the power to stop it.

Secondly,

How is your friend doing, you know, the one making the fake clacks for you?

It's a gift from one of my friend, i will hold it for my keyboard.

If he made more CC or BB, i will buy more color for my keyboard. I don't care official or not, i care only his quality of keycap and detail of logo.

So hard to get more CC a longtime so i need something for replace. But All CCs i was sell or traded on GH is OFFICIAL, Naasfu and T2russo was receivered, you can request us to verify.

pmh1410

From here.  He has admitted multiple times and places that he supports the counterfeiter and would buy his stuff for the same BS reason you see on Reddit, because it's too hard to get them and he deserves them.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1114 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:44:31 »

Regardless of whether he did (which I'm sure he did), the fact that he supports K3 and had given him a place to display his wares is despicable.  I don't know why pmh is still not banned here.

Many places do have that mindset and you see a lot of that mindset over on Reddit, which is ironic given how much they ***** about other sites "stealing" their content and ***** if someone steals their product and rips it off.

That said, it's apparent that K3 doesn't fit into that category.  He knows what he is doing is wrong, but doesn't give a **** and would rather be spiteful and vindictive and make money off someone else's work.

because you only get banned when youre a naughty boy. not when, you know, support scammers. 
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #1115 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:51:08 »

Well to start, pmh is a mod on the Vietnamese forum where K3 has a sub and he has praised K3 in his threads.  That in and of it's self warrants him being crucified since he obviously has the power to stop it.

Secondly,

If he made more CC or BB, i will buy more color for my keyboard. I don't care official or not, i care only his quality of keycap and detail of logo.

So hard to get more CC a longtime so i need something for replace. But All CCs i was sell or traded on GH is OFFICIAL, Naasfu and T2russo was receivered, you can request us to verify.

pmh1410

From here.  He has admitted multiple times and places that he supports the counterfeiter and would buy his stuff for the same BS reason you see on Reddit, because it's too hard to get them and he deserves them.

Crammer, i only want to buy it, not support him. Which rules did that i can not buy something i want to get if i can ?

If you care something fake so you don't buy it. Luis Vutton fake have many, you can not say many people in the world stop to buy it.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 October 2014, 12:00:39 by pmh1410 »
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1116 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:53:25 »

Secondly,

pmh1410

Crammer, i only want to buy it, not support him. Which rules did that i can not buy something i want to get if i can ?

Ahh ok, I think this has helped clear it all up! Thank you for your intelligent and insiteful post!

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #1117 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:53:43 »

i only want to buy it, not support him.

Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1118 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:55:06 »
Buy = support

If you knowingly buy fakes, you are supporting them.  That's basic level stuff that everyone should understand.

Also, given the fact that your forum has a K3 subsection and you have said stuff like "Nice ****: v" about his work, it's pretty damn obvious that you support him.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1119 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:57:52 »
Yeah, sorry dude, nubs has it exactly right. You can't buy and then say you don't support. Just doesn't work that way.
I'm back.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1120 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:58:05 »
Also, why is he allowed to link a forum (in his sig) that openly supports fakes and counterfits??

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1121 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 11:58:10 »

Buying == supporting.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #1122 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 12:03:29 »
Many GHers bought it included Brocaps.
I can only say with him stop do it but depende his decide.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 October 2014, 12:05:01 by pmh1410 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1123 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 12:05:49 »
Many GHers bought it included Brocaps

brocaps bought it to prove how horrible they are.

and ppl that knowingly bought fakes should be banned also.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #1124 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 12:10:47 »

You have extremely flawed logic, sir. You are saying in your signature that I should not be allowed to make money from my craft, but megaxpop can charge for making copies of my work? You can't be that ignorant.... or maybe you can...

I took photos of the fake clacks and sent it to paypal, then returned the caps to megaxpop. I had to prove my claim. And I did.

megaxpop is clearly butthurt about something. But your statement about me not being able to make money from my work is ridiculous. If you are so righteous, then you sell all of your clacks for $10 right now. megaxpop - sell YOUR (you know, those terrible dota ones) caps for no profit. No, you would rather profit from others works, right? lulz

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #1125 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 12:11:36 »

Me too, i want to get for compare with my OG Click Clack. Just want to know the quality and colors.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1126 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 12:13:47 »

Me too, i want to get for compare with my OG Click Clack. Just want to know the quality and colors.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1127 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 12:14:18 »

bull****. you cried how others cant afford it so clones are okay.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1128 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 12:15:12 »

And those GHers should be shamed and/or banned. 

You can do much more than tell him to stop.  You had many choices you could have made, but chose not to. You could have encouraged him to make other caps instead of counterfeits.  You could have denied him a subforum in your forum.  You could have admonished him and told him not to make counterfeits from the very beginning.  You could have destroyed the fakes he sent you and never posted pictures or them on here.  You could have worked with Clack and Bro from the very beginning to let them know who the counterfeiter was so they could bring legal recourse against him.  There are a ton of things you could do; however, you choose not to do them. 

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1129 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 12:17:11 »
im starting to wonder if youre mildly retarded or just dont believe the bull**** you say and change your story as it goes on.

youre okay with this ass hat making money by stealing brocaps design but you dont want brocaps to make money? seriously what the ****.

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #1130 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 12:35:39 »
I don't care story behind K3KC and Brocaps because keycap is only for typing. It's not GOLD.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1131 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 12:37:33 »
It's like he is purposely contradicting himself as much as possible  :blank:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1132 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 12:39:42 »
I don't care story behind K3KC and Brocaps because keycap is only for typing. It's not GOLD.

then why do you care if your friends can afford them or not?

i mean they are just plastic so they can do without it.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1133 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 12:40:54 »
10/10

/baconsnacks
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1134 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 12:56:23 »
It's like he is purposely contradicting himself as much as possible  :blank:

This, maybe he is having troubles writing what he means in English?

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #1135 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 12:58:00 »

Pls tell with K3KC. I can't decide for him.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1136 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 13:08:20 »

Pls tell with K3KC. I can't decide for him.

im going off the excuses youve used to support him.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #1137 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 13:35:56 »
What if k3kc decides to give them free instead? Lol

Note: i cant afford og bb or cc, never lucky enough to win them yet and not supporting fakes.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 October 2014, 13:41:00 by zennasyndroxx »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #1138 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 13:38:00 »

Note: i cant afford og bb, never lucky enough to win them yet and not supporting fakes.
Why the fk would he do that?
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #1139 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 13:42:10 »

Note: i cant afford og bb, never lucky enough to win them yet and not supporting fakes.
Why the fk would he do that?

I've no idea but who knows what's gonna happen next? Looks like he has more keycaps on the way for sales. :(

Offline pear_voz

« Reply #1140 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 14:08:48 »
Trivium Keyboard Co.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1141 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 14:20:42 »

So we know with 100% accuracy who the guy is, but I wont post his info here. When I confronted them on their forum, they deleted my posts and put a 20 post requirement to post (LOL). So I made a new account (note the ID)...

Show Image

http://forum.vietnammechkey.com/threads/keycap-laboratory.26.html

you are talking about a Vietnamese community where those who're considered as elder in the field (has more experiences) are gods and everything they told is the one truth so yeah, if someone like that has their speaking supporting it then, you know what
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1142 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 14:28:42 »
Don't get me wrong, I am not generalizing, but the fact that he is allowed to have a little subforum along side people like feng just strikes me wrong. Google translate fails me in deciphering what the comments on those threads are though so they could be negative for all I know.

(Just wanted to put that out there in case my original message were to be misunderstood)

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1143 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 14:38:55 »
Don't get me wrong, I am not generalizing, but the fact that he is allowed to have a little subforum along side people like feng just strikes me wrong. Google translate fails me in deciphering what the comments on those threads are though so they could be negative for all I know.

(Just wanted to put that out there in case my original message were to be misunderstood)

no you were right, I took a look at that forum and it's pretty much that :blank:

//just put the cmt you want to know here I'll do the translation jobs for you :D
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #1144 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 14:54:53 »
I'm so sick of pmh's logic... Someone get him out of here. Please!
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1145 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 16:43:46 »
I'm so sick of pmh's logic... Someone get him out of here. Please!

sell out and eat ass

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1146 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 17:17:58 »
Lol except I'm afraid DJ Jazzy Jeff was way cooler than these Fakesies.
I'm back.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #1147 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 19:41:12 »
fake clacks are best clacks

because more drama is more better

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #1148 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 20:27:27 »
All I can conclude after everything that happened on this thread, is that K3 is a complete ignorant and a stupid individual.

The man has access to insanely huge and solid keyboard communities, decent tooling, logistics, a decent website and apparently a legit buying system and simply chose to throw away probably a commercial opportunity that he could take for life.

Demand for these novelties is growing everyday, because of the expansion of the keyboard communities and because of the notoriety mechanical keyboards are receiving lately.

eSports are already huge, just look at Asian tournaments and you'll see. Many games and themes to work on, so many colors and features that he could implement. He could ignite an entire market share if had decided to do that in the past. Now he's burnt.

It's like someone being able to build good electric cars and then choosing to copy Teslas instead, and then finding that funny, legit and smart. And then becoming hated and a joke on the market.

Oh, look at me, I'm "competing with the industry."

I don't know what's going trough the head of someone that still support this guy.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1149 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 21:15:44 »
All I can conclude after everything that happened on this thread, is that K3 is a complete ignorant and a stupid individual.

The man has access to insanely huge and solid keyboard communities, decent tooling, logistics, a decent website and apparently a legit buying system and simply chose to throw away probably a commercial opportunity that he could take for life.

Demand for these novelties is growing everyday, because of the expansion of the keyboard communities and because of the notoriety mechanical keyboards are receiving lately.

eSports are already huge, just look at Asian tournaments and you'll see. Many games and themes to work on, so many colors and features that he could implement. He could ignite an entire market share if had decided to do that in the past. Now he's burnt.

It's like someone being able to build good electric cars and then choosing to copy Teslas instead, and then finding that funny, legit and smart. And then becoming hated and a joke on the market.

Oh, look at me, I'm "competing with the industry."

I don't know what's going trough the head of someone that still support this guy.

I didn't think I'd end up saying that I agree with one of your posts, but I agree with this post.