Author Topic: fake clack discussion  (Read 379349 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: fake clack discussion
« Reply #1600 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 13:59:10 »

Am I doing this right?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1601 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 13:59:59 »
Show Image

Am I doing this right?

> CPTBadAss
> Spongebob

Yep, checks out.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1602 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 14:21:52 »
What's going on here?

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #1603 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 14:29:49 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1604 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 15:29:11 »
Is it too late to get in on this popcorn train?
Show Image

It's never too late for popcorn gifs....

Show Image

What a relief!

Show Image

That kinda looks like Paul Keating :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1605 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 15:38:54 »
Is it too late to get in on this popcorn train?
Show Image

It's never too late for popcorn gifs....

Show Image

What a relief!

Show Image

That kinda looks like Paul Keating :))

HAHAHAHAHA. I got that joke... I lived in Australia during Paul Keating and the beginnings of John Howard.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1606 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 15:47:22 »

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #1607 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:21:28 »
Wasn't there a sight that claimed it was better than CC and it was exactly the same. Claimed it was a new release, a skull, 420 and something else if I remember correctly.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1608 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:22:15 »
Wasn't there a sight that claimed it was better than CC and it was exactly the same. Claimed it was a new release, a skull, 420 and something else if I remember correctly.
no.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #1609 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:22:58 »

K3 has always claimed that
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #1610 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:23:06 »
no.
I remember it selling red ones only. Rowdy posted a link. I just need to find it again

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #1611 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:23:41 »

That's what it was. Thanks lol

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1612 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:24:40 »

There continues to be a site, and the clown continues to promote these as copies that are better than the originals.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1613 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:25:40 »

That's what it was. Thanks lol
You gonna go buy some?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1614 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:26:49 »
no.
I remember it selling red ones only. Rowdy posted a link. I just need to find it again

:confused:

Why do you want to find it again?

You do realize you're in a thread where we are talking about how much we dislike someone, and you've asked how to find their store...

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #1615 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:28:31 »
no.

You do realize you're in a thread where we are talking about how much we dislike someone, and you've asked how to find their store...

Not trying to go buy one... Sheesh...
It forgot about it, and got curious again.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1616 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:29:50 »
no.

Show Image

Sure #idontbeliveyou :rolleyes:

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #1617 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:30:57 »
no.

Show Image

Sure #idontbeliveyou :rolleyes:
Nah, I'm good. I'll stick to the blue theme on my board. Not into the red translucent from what I remember being on the site.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1618 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:31:04 »
no.

I post a lot of links, but I don't recall posting that one.

I would not deliberately post something that might be construed in any way as supporting this.

:eek:

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #1619 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:32:51 »
no.

I would not deliberately post something that might be construed in any way as supporting this.

Then I dunno who it was, all I remember is seeing the owner of the site call them buttons and being red, and also seeing your profile pic.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1620 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:36:18 »
no.

Then I dunno who it was, all I remember is seeing the owner of the site call them buttons and being red, and also seeing your profile pic.

My search-fu has found one post with the URL in it, and another analysing the domain ownership, neither from me :p

And in fact the ****head himself actually created an account here with the URL in it :rolleyes:

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #1621 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:38:18 »
no.

My search-fu has found one post with the URL in it, and another analysing the domain ownership, neither from me :p

And in fact the ****head himself actually created an account here with the URL in it :rolleyes:
Now I'm wondering what thread I was in that it was posted in....

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1622 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:38:54 »
no.

Maybe it was reddit

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1623 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:39:10 »
no.

If you can find a post from me with the URL in it, please let me know so I can remove it!

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #1624 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:41:32 »
no.

If you can find a post from me with the URL in it, please let me know so I can remove it!
Doubt I will. I have no idea what thread that was though. Might have been this one, but I have no freaking idea. It was one of those temporary memories that get forgotten after a few days. Then I saw a red clack and I was like, "wasn't there some site that sold fake clacks?"
So I'm here now.   

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1625 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:44:31 »
no.

Show Image

Hey, if it was an honest question then I'm sorry for attacking you like that, but surely you can see the problem with asking for the link in this thread?   :-X

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #1626 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:46:58 »
no.

Show Image

Hey, if it was an honest question then I'm sorry for attacking you like that, but surely you can see the problem with asking for the link in this thread?   :-X
Funny, I read that as sarcasm  :p
I said need to find because I remember reading this

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1627 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:49:57 »
no.

Show Image

Show Image

I wasn't sure what your intentions were, so I said that as a blanket statement, but if I knew you were genuinely not interested in buying them I would have responded differently.  So that's what I meant by "attacking".  It was kind of a tame attack.  :P

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #1628 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:50:14 »
no.

???

Show Image

Show Image

This?

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #1629 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:50:55 »
no.

Show Image

Funny, I read that as sarcasm 
Show Image

I wasn't sure what your intentions were, so I said that as a blanket statement, but if I knew you were genuinely not interested in buying them I would have responded differently.  So that's what I meant by "attacking".  It was kind of a tame attack. 
No worries man. Didn't feel any offense.
I'm one of those kind of people to buy the legit thing lol.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:52:57 by HUNTERANGEL121 »

Offline Juicin

« Reply #1630 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:53:35 »
This is my first post, spending over an hour reading this thread motivated me to write.

No one in this thread seems to respect copyright.

Any obfuscation of that fact is absurd. "It's a moral issue" lol

The only relevant argument I've heard for not buying the fake clacks is "You wouldn't pirate an album your friend just released"

Which is relevant only if you have a connection to the creator.

I just don't understand all this fuss. If kecap makers want to make more money they need to produce more or sell them for more money. Complaining about copyright infringement when you're in spirit doing the same thing, and have no capital to pursue those claims. It just doesn't make any sense.

It's anti consumer. And most of us are consumers. Why would I not support some one flooding the market with from a layman's perspective basically identical product line.

People talk about sales in threads, I seem them all the time in the forum. I can't imagine why counterfeits at a lower price which aren't a pain in the ass to get would sell well.......

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1631 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:57:49 »
This is my first post, spending over an hour reading this thread motivated me to write.

The only relevant argument I've heard for not buying the fake clacks is "You wouldn't pirate an album your friend just released"

I just don't understand all this fuss. If kecap makers want to make more money they need to produce more or sell them for more money. Complaining about copyright infringement when you're in spirit doing the same thing, and have no capital to pursue those claims. It just doesn't make any sense.

It's anti consumer. And most of us are consumers. Why would I not support some one flooding the market with from a layman's perspective basically identical product line.

People talk about sales in threads, I seem them all the time in the forum. I can't imagine why counterfeits at a lower price which aren't a pain in the ass to get would sell well.......

CC makes what he can, just because someone else *can* make his designs doesn't mean we want them. The beauty of CC's work is in the details, apart from Bro Caps I've never seen any other artisan caps that looks as clean as a Clack. They've all got some minor imperfection, ****ty color choice etc that puts me off and that INCLUDES K3KC's knock offs.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #1632 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:00:41 »

What you haven't seen is the fact that the site blatantly says

I look at my CC, and compare it to others, mine is slightly different. The left side of the top is different compared to others that I've seen. They're all different.

I'd think it'd be for quality.

I.E. You buy an APR cat back for an allroad hehe, instead of the ebay exhaust.

Offline Juicin

« Reply #1633 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:03:18 »
I don't own any of these products

So you are probably right, but in a picture and to anyone that is every going to see it in person on my desk they're going to have no idea.

I'm not trying to perpetuate the idea that they're the same. Only that from what I can tell having one or the other sitting on my board wouldn't make much difference.

It's just this isn't a rational way to deal with counterfeits*.

I don't see how this affects the popular keycap makers if they are selling more than they can produce.

Unless they're also selling on the after market for "non retail'?

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #1634 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:04:56 »
CC doesn't sell all year round, I used to see sales on EK, but currently, there's a sale thread that gets spammed with 50 replies and my phone vibrates for 3 minutes.

Offline Juicin

« Reply #1635 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:09:54 »

Show Image

I look at my CC, and compare it to others, mine is slightly different. The left side of the top is different compared to others that I've seen. They're all different.

Him being a **** to his competitors isn't my problem as a consumer.......

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1636 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:11:38 »

Show Image

Him being a **** to his competitors isn't my problem as a consumer.......

Whatever you need to tell yourself.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Juicin

« Reply #1637 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:14:17 »
You buy products from people who steal other people's IP

Again your moral high ground is non existent

Not to mention the myriad of other things people in this thread do that violate all sorts  IP

Keep telling yourself that, it's exactly that attitude that motivated me to post.

Edit - It's so blatantly personal for you, you're a consumer. This a consumer forum. Stop acting that way

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1638 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:15:00 »
You buy products from people who steal other people's IP

Again your moral high ground is non existant

Not to mention the myriad of other things people in this thread do that violate all sorts  IP

Keep telling yousrelf that, it's exactly that attitude that motivated me to post.

Aaaaaand blocked. Go back to reddit troll.

Offline Juicin

« Reply #1639 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:17:48 »
It's much easier to find information in a forum like this.....

It's why CONSUMERS come here

I don't see what reddit has to do with this.

Adults don't go to reddit for pro consumer information either.

That would be a terrible choice. It's literally chalk full of shills.

I have used many forums like this over the years.......Just never been motivated to post in Geekhack until I read the absurdity in this thread.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1640 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:19:48 »

Offline Juicin

« Reply #1641 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:21:04 »
Oh look it's another guy living in fantasy land

How is protecting that IP with your multinational corporation backing you going?

I spent so much time reading this thread I feel like I know all of you

Ediit - And why you're munching popcorn when you've spent a year jumping up and down in this thread I have no idea

LoL

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1642 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:22:21 »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #1643 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:22:54 »
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Juicin

« Reply #1644 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:26:26 »
http://puu.sh/eNVQn/7eb08e149f.png

This guy munches popcorn, you boys cry over "artful plastic"

He trolled you guys so hard all over this thread, im tempted to go back hahahah

Vietnamese dude trolling a bunch of native english speakers on an english forum was pretty funny

I don't think i need to link it, the sodium levels were pretty clear

Edit - You don't see that every day in most forums

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1645 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:28:33 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1646 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:29:32 »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #1647 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:30:37 »

Good one Nubb
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Juicin

« Reply #1648 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:31:43 »
http://www.k3kc.com/blog/

Aww **** new vader comin out boys

Better get em while they're hot

http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2t36oy/new_improved_darth_vader_key_sale_this_friday_23/

Looks like they'll sell well

BUT THE CREATORS IP!!!! lolll what a joke

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1649 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 20:32:09 »