Author Topic: New to mechanical keyboards and hella afraid  (Read 12506 times)

Offline HeavenShock

New to mechanical keyboards and hella afraid
« on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 14:41:26 »
Hey guys ! Quite a noob in keyboards and I've done a really big research cause I plan to spend around $120 on a keyboard and it's quite a big expense for me, also I'm really afraid that the noise will bug me out, I do enjoy it but I'm afraid I'll go nuts and at night when it's all quiet and **** it may be a disturb.
I was searching around and at first I saw that almost every pro gamer in, let's say League of Legends own a Razer Blackwidow, yet then again after looking at this thread :
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37670.0
I gave up about that one, though I may get a Razer Deathadder after I purchase a keyboard.
Until now I used a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and I can't say I'm disappointed though from the way it looks around here I'm gonna get hunted for that say (though I do get achievements in this keyboard) so, yeah, I'm looking to upgrade myself to a mechanical keyboard !
I'm programming quite a bit and also typing a lot, though I do invest a lot of hours into gaming too so that's a consideration too, I'm also not looking for lit keyboards with leds and those stuff, just a plain keyboard.
So after a vast research I came up with those results :
Corsair k60
Razer Blackwidow (?)
Ducky Shine 3 (though I'm really not into the lit keyboards and I really prefer not to)
Steelseries 6gv2
Thank you guys !

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: New to mechanical keyboards and hella afraid
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 14:44:18 »
If you're set on a fullsize keyboard, get a CoolerMaster QuickFire XT. If you can go with a TKL, go with a QFR. Both are good deals for solid keyboards.

Welcome to GeekHack, be scared for your wallet :P

Offline frvrngn

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 14:47:26 »
Do you want to stick with a full size keyboard or a Ten Key Less (TKL).  Cooler Master makes some great boards at a good price (depending on where you are located) and the Quick Fire Rapid is a great first board (also called the QFR on here and elsewhere).

BTW - welcome to geekhack!

EDIT: CPT beat me above with the same info!
Currently using: Cherry G80-1800 Ergo Clears, HHKB Pro 2, RF 87U Silent

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 14:53:51 »
Welcome to GH, only fear for your wallet :P
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline HeavenShock

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 14:55:02 »
If you're set on a fullsize keyboard, get a CoolerMaster QuickFire XT. If you can go with a TKL, go with a QFR. Both are good deals for solid keyboards.

Thanks !
And yeah, full size keyboard no doubt.
The CM Quickfire looks pretty nice ! Though are there any wider keyboards to fit my desk better ? Something around the 7 inches ? Don't know if it's a common question or something but yeah, and maybe there are more options ? Are there any Duckies which don't shine ? : P

Offline Stevenator21

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 14:56:55 »

Thanks !
The CM Quickfire looks pretty nice ! Though are there any wider keyboards to fit my desk better ? Something around the 7 inches ? Don't know if it's a common question or something but yeah, and maybe there are more options ? Are there any Duckies which don't shine ? : P

Ducky has the PRO line + the PBT Cap line which do not shine.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL w/ Browns + White LEDs

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 14:59:14 »
If you want a new keyboard, the CM ones are the best value.  If you want to get a used one, the Cherry keyboards are the best value.

Offline HeavenShock

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 15:02:54 »
Are the keyboards I mentioned really that worthless ? The Steelseries 6gv2 is bad ? I was really in her favor up until now

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 15:27:34 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Ducky has non-backlit keyboards too, the Ducky Zero line.  Ducky are good keyboards :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 15:29:44 »
That and the Zero shines. About the same price as the Blackwidow. Ducky has amazing build quality too. If you're on tight budget check out Cm storm. :p

Offline HeavenShock

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 15:30:33 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Ducky has non-backlit keyboards too, the Ducky Zero line.  Ducky are good keyboards :)
So the Steelseries 6gv2 are out of the competition ?
Also, where can I buy Duckies from ?
And what kind of switches should I take ? Brown ones ?
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 December 2013, 15:41:40 by HeavenShock »

Offline C5Allroad

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 15:45:09 »
Steelseries is certainly not out of the question, but there are a number of options for you.

Assuming you are in the US: http://www.mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?man=1&in_stock=on
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 15:47:33 »
I don't know if I would buy a Ducky Zero. They are made in China, not Taiwan.

But there are better choices than the Steelseries. CM Quickfire XT, Ducky, Filco, maybe Leopold. You want something with a standard key caps layout.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 15:50:47 »

If you decide that you want to swap keycaps for a different set, it is really hard to find a set to replace the ones that are on the 6GV2. If you don't care about caps, then there's no problem for you.

Offline HeavenShock

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 16:01:06 »

If you decide that you want to swap keycaps for a different set, it is really hard to find a set to replace the ones that are on the 6GV2. If you don't care about caps, then there's no problem for you.
What's wrong about the 6gv2's keycaps ? And if I do decide to go with the Ducky, should I go with the brown switches ?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 16:03:06 »
Enter, |\, and right shift aren't a standard size.

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 16:31:41 »

What's wrong about the 6gv2's keycaps ? And if I do decide to go with the Ducky, should I go with the brown switches ?
Browns are nice though, but there are other options too. If you do wish to get browns you will  be really satisfied. The keycaps from what I know about the steelseries is that the caps are ABS. They should be fine.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 16:43:43 »
I usually recommend MX Browns for someone just starting in mechanicals. They are a good all-around choice.

But MX Blacks were once the de facto standard, and people used them all the time, without really knowing there was a choice or difference.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 17:16:16 »
I suggest to get switch tester or switch tester as the first stop. You can try switch yourself and decide which kind you like. Peoples recommendations and what marketing materials say what switch is 'best' for you might find you don't agree at all. Once you are sure the switch you prefer, depending on the choice it could be a very short list of available keyboards.

Offline vasouv

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 02:50:36 »
Regarding the sound "problem" you might have: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47406.msg1071393#msg1071393

All in all, you probably won't have any :)

Offline adhoc

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 06:39:10 »
If there's anyone sleeping in the vicinity of your keyboard you might consider something else than blue switches. If not - trust me, you will not regret it. There's also switches that don't click as much but damn, that clicking adds something special to your typing.

Try getting hands on on like a BlackWidow for example, that isn't too hard to find in retail. Either way, welcome to the addiction that is mechanical keyboards. I bet you will start feeling sick to your stomach  on a rubber dome after typing on a mechanical keyboard.

And yeah, be afraid for your wallet. Be very afraid. This is a very dark path you're threading on.

Offline Tony

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 07:47:24 »
For newbies, I recommend CMstorm Quickfire Rapid with blue/brown switches. Cheaper than 100USD, and still functional.
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline osi

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 08:11:14 »
I suggest to get switch tester or switch tester as the first stop. You can try switch yourself and decide which kind you like. Peoples recommendations and what marketing materials say what switch is 'best' for you might find you don't agree at all. Once you are sure the switch you prefer, depending on the choice it could be a very short list of available keyboards.

Don't forget to hit all of the switches with each of your fingers when testing! That mx green might feel great on the index finger but could give your pinky a workout in practice.

Offline frvrngn

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 09:38:59 »

Don't forget to hit all of the switches with each of your fingers when testing! That mx green might feel great on the index finger but could give your pinky a workout in practice.

This!  I bought a QFR Green board and it felt great for around 5 minutes of typing and then I realized how stiff those keys really are!
Currently using: Cherry G80-1800 Ergo Clears, HHKB Pro 2, RF 87U Silent

Offline tgujay

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 11:03:46 »

Thanks !

You can always just not use the back lighting on a board...
Gotta collect them all

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 11:18:51 »
The biggest issue with all of the keyboards you listed except the ducky...
they use non standard keycaps/layouts.
If you stick to CMStorm/Filco/Ducky then it is much easier to find replacement keycaps later.

If you get a tenkeyless filco or qfr then you can replace the controller to make it programmable or get a phantom pcb and have programability and custom layout choices.
The full size filco also has a replacement controller that is available to make it programmable.

I guess it depends on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go. Personally I started with a TKL then got a KBT Race. I sold both of them in favor of 60% layouts. My personal preference has matured with experience in the community. Yours probably will also.

Offline HeavenShock

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 13:15:52 »
The biggest issue with all of the keyboards you listed except the ducky...
they use non standard keycaps/layouts.
If you stick to CMStorm/Filco/Ducky then it is much easier to find replacement keycaps later.

If you get a tenkeyless filco or qfr then you can replace the controller to make it programmable or get a phantom pcb and have programability and custom layout choices.
The full size filco also has a replacement controller that is available to make it programmable.

I guess it depends on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go. Personally I started with a TKL then got a KBT Race. I sold both of them in favor of 60% layouts. My personal preference has matured with experience in the community. Yours probably will also.
Well actually it's pretty much similar to the keycaps I use now :

And I do an average of with this one and I used this one for about ~4 years so I'd really rather having this kind of keycaps.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 13:19:54 »
Closest to Cherry profile. Not many choice come with as stock. Cherry G80, Noppoo Choc mini, Plum 96, Neo Zelia. Of course you can always get Cherry profile keycap aftermarket but it will add cost.

Offline Canious

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 21:31:15 »
If its your first time going on mechanical i would strongly recommend filco browns. You just can't go wrong with them.

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 23:35:15 »
I have a Filco Majestouch 2 with browns and I'll tell you right now that its amazing. I had the blackwidow ultimate initially and, comparatively, its night and day. The filco is worlds better in pretty much every way - provided you don't need macro keys or backlighting. Also - if you're interested in cherry profile keycaps you can do what I (and a lot of people here) do and buy after market keycaps. The reason a lot of people do that is because the keycaps that come stock on most boards aren't of the highest quality. It does add cost, but in my opinion it makes a huge difference. Here is a picture of my board with my new caps : http://i.imgur.com/o1UPAqc.jpg

I have thick PBT (a stronger plastic than what most stock keycaps are made out of - ABS). You can look here http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=geek_feng&rt=nc and http://www.imsto.cn if you're interested in getting some cherry profile thick PBT caps. Hope that helps!

Offline HeavenShock

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 02:02:18 »
Alright so I've decided to go with the Coolermaster Storm Quickfire XT with brown switches, though is the brown switches edition only comes TKL ? When I try to switch to brown switches it automatically switches to TKL mode in Amazon :
http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-QuickFire-XT-Mechanical/dp/B00EHBECAW/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1388131067&sr=1-2&keywords=CM+Storm+Quickfire+XT

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 02:04:05 »
Alright so I've decided to go with the Coolermaster Storm Quickfire XT with brown switches, though is the brown switches edition only comes TKL ? When I try to switch to brown switches it automatically switches to TKL mode in Amazon :
http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-QuickFire-XT-Mechanical/dp/B00EHBECAW/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1388131067&sr=1-2&keywords=CM+Storm+Quickfire+XT

Probably just what Amazon has in stock, or can get hold of.

Offline HeavenShock

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 08:15:06 »

And what about green switches ? Under what category do they get into ?
Considering I'm into gaming yet into typing too (I wanted browns).

Offline mljs54

• Team Topre
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 10:31:16 »
IMO, wait and pickup a used Filco with MX browns from the classifieds here.  They can usually be had for around the same price as the CM keyboards new.
ReΛlforce 87UB EK

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 19:18:04 »

And what about green switches ? Under what category do they get into ?
Considering I'm into gaming yet into typing too (I wanted browns).

Category?

Greens are nice - stiff springs, like blacks, but clicky, like blues.

Many people have difficulty using blues and greens for gaming because you have to lift the switch above the actuation point to release it, and double-tapping can be troublesome.

Some people have difficulty using greens and blacks for gaming because of the stiffer springs.  If you have to hold down several keys at once with one hand, that is quite a lot of force required.

Browns are usually suggested as a compromise between linear and tactile, for both typing and gaming.

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 20:10:17 »
IMO, wait and pickup a used Filco with MX browns from the classifieds here.  They can usually be had for around the same price as the CM keyboards new.

But if the keyboard is malfunctioning , good luck to you

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline lilky

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 23:54:06 »
Do what CPTBadAss says and get a QFR or QF XT.

Welcome to the world of mechanical keyboards! RIP your wallet...

Offline EvilOliv3

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 00:53:45 »
If you're a heavy typist that tends to bottom out your keys.  I suggest you buy some O-Ring dampeners. With it plus brown switches you will have zero noise issues.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 03:13:31 »
Steelseries is all black switches. Should be quiet enough for you. The keycaps are a problem, they won't last. And due to their design which is non-OEM, it will be hard to find good replacements.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money I actually think Cherry Corp black or brown switch keyboards are good enough. They'll let you change switches easily also.

And ignore most of the projects and offers and classifieds on this site. You'll just wind up spending too much money.

Actually most professionals who need a quiet keyboard prefer Topres. I am not a Topre guy, but I notice Topre fans are pretty fanatical about their keyboards.

Are the keyboards I mentioned really that worthless ? The Steelseries 6gv2 is bad ? I was really in her favor up until now
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline RESPRiT

• HHKB = ❤
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 04:27:02 »
Wait OP, are you planning on buying the board at full price for $120? If you're willing to spend that much I think you'd be better off just getting a Ducky Shine 3 or Filco, they have much better build quality than the QFXT. Alternatively, CM boards go on sale A LOT, so if you're patient you can save a good deal of money too.
;)

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 04:43:15 »
sorry inadvance for poor typing its really late im super tired and intoxicated

i got into mech boards this year
started a filco mj2 with browns
moved to a kbt race with whites
bought a kbt pure pro ansi us layout with blues

I really like the blues and whites, browns feel too soft for me now, but the CLICKY IS SIGNIFICANTLY LOUDER IF YOU DO NOT BOTTOM OUT.
I really don't mind or notice it, but when comparing it to my non clicky, it's very loud.

My filco is full layout, but i moved to the 75, i wanted to try 60, and i like it, but there is some very noticable ping i have to work out before i can give it a full test run
i currently use my kbt race as my daily driver

browns will be good unless you know you're heavy typist. ultimately you'll probably end up switching.
your boards are always worth money if you decide to sell them later.

also consider when buying a used board you dont know the number of actuation on switches. this doesn't matter if you can solder and are comfortable working on your board.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 04:54:23 »
some consider vintage a plus.

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 07:20:18 »
I never understood why people liked vintage switches

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline RESPRiT

• HHKB = ❤
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 08:30:01 »
I never understood why people liked vintage switches

They're unique?
;)

Offline HeavenShock

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 01:40:56 »
Sadly the only available keyboard I can purchase is CM Storm Quickfire Pro, is it any different from the Quickfire XT ? Besides the backlights which I don't really want or need.

Offline RESPRiT

• HHKB = ❤
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 02:40:02 »
Sadly the only available keyboard I can purchase is CM Storm Quickfire Pro, is it any different from the Quickfire XT ? Besides the backlights which I don't really want or need.

What's limiting you only to CM boards?
;)

Offline Canious

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 19:19:38 »
Honestly don't get suckered into to the whole mechanical keyboard curiosity - its endless. Unless your some rich guy who have money to blow on six or more keyboards any mid $100 mechanical keyboard will do you good. I would recommend brown switches.

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 21:46:21 »
That is especially true on wallethack.

Offline HeavenShock

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 14:14:58 »

What's limiting you only to CM boards?
The comments of people here made me understand that CM Storm Quickfire XT is the best choice I can get.
Also, I don't plan on switching a keyboard for the next couple of years, I like to stay loyal and to adapt to the keyboard so hopefully my wallet won't get emptied : P.