Author Topic: stupid people in the work place  (Read 6519 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
stupid people in the work place
« on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 09:14:31 »
So I work construction and sometimes parking is a *****. You have to come in an hour before the day starts just to get a spot. Anyway, there is this idiot welder that acts like he owns a spot and will get his panties in a bunch if somebody parks there. He's already threatened to fight me, which he backed out of after I told him okay.

Today he got in an argument with my Co worker and told him "take your non America car out of my spot".

Nothing has made me laugh so hard in my life.

He has cancer spreading stupidity.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: stupid people in the work place
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 09:16:28 »
How have we not had this thread already......

There are lots of big egos at my work place I just duck and cover, stay below the radar.

Offline iri

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 09:18:06 »
my workplace has zero of those.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 09:20:41 »

That's because you just quit your job :p :D

Offline iri

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 09:22:39 »
my last workday at this job is february the 7th :p
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 09:24:39 »
my last workday at this job is february the 7th :p

;D

so until then you can be one of 'those' people  :))

Offline iri

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 09:30:30 »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 09:30:39 »
Today he got in an argument with my Co worker and told him "take your non America car out of my spot".

Nothing has made me laugh so hard in my life.

Please tell me you laughed in his face.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 09:33:57 »
I did. My coworker wanted to kick his ass until he said that. The solidified how truly stupid this guy is.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 09:52:20 »
...and told him "take your non America car out of my spot".
Holy ****, if I saw that in a movie I would be like... what a Hollywood bs...
I just ignore that kind of people, it's just not worth it.
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 09:57:15 »
I did. My coworker wanted to kick his ass until he said that. The solidified how truly stupid this guy is.

That is a pretty bad story.  You should never have to fight somebody over a parking spot.

However, as bad as stupidity is, dishonesty is worse, in terms of having to work with somebody.  I once worked with a woman who lied about everything, and always tried to take credit for other people's work.  She walked around the office doing nothing all day, other than trying to get other people to do her work for her.  I'm sad to say, I fell for her trick in the beginning, but quickly learned how horrible she really was.  But as much as I tried, I couldn't really get away from her.  She was much senior to me, so eventually there was nothing I could do but leave that job, simply because of her.  She was horrible.  She also used to steal rolls of toilet paper from the company bathroom, and put them in her purse and take them home at night.  In fact, I just got a little nauseous just thinking about her right now.  And I haven't seen that woman in over 15 years.  I need some bad boss therapy. 
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 10:05:40 »
Yeah lying is annoying as ****. I've been lucky to have decent coworkers. Aside from the 1-2 that come and go.

And the fight isn't even over a spot. It's the guy's attitude. He's some old **** that thinks that yelling gets him **** because everybody is too **** so say anything.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 10:07:26 »
I work with these same egotistical freaks of society. They get bent out of shape at others for using "company tools" i had one guy try and take a power jack from me because he needed it immediately and had been there longer than me. Despite the fact that there were more jacks in the back and the thought of him actually walking a few mins must have been to much for his fat ass to undertake. Also scheduling a vacation is a nightmare, i work with alot of full timers whom have 5 weeks of vacation through out the year and love to use their seniority to bump off the newer guys vacations in place of theirs. I tend to stay hidden since my job is union wage controlled anyway, not like ill get a raise for a "stunning" job performance.
sell out and eat ass

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 10:30:34 »
Yeah this idiot was pulling the "I've parked here for three years" crap. Coworker told him he didn't give a **** if his kid was born there.  Old entitled ****Head.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 10:31:54 »
We get a lot of 'young' engineers passing through who think they are hot stuff. Funny though how most of them only make it about 6 months until they get let go.

Offline iri

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 10:32:09 »
you have rednecks in macedonia?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 10:37:46 »
We get a lot of 'young' engineers passing through who think they are hot stuff. Funny though how most of them only make it about 6 months until they get let go.

Entitled generation

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 10:57:22 »
you have rednecks in macedonia?
Different kind but rednecks non the less.
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline iri

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 11:01:02 »
She also used to steal rolls of toilet paper from the company bathroom, and put them in her purse and take them home at night.
it seems you are pretty good at stalking, 18 / f / my area.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 11:04:01 »

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 11:07:03 »
You should never have to fight somebody over a parking spot.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-2-shot-at-fla-walmart-over-parking-space/

would this fall under the stand your ground law if he shot from inside his car?
sell out and eat ass

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 11:12:22 »
Demik what construction job takes 3 years, or is it not the kind of construction I'm thinking of ?
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 11:13:51 »
Demik what construction job takes 3 years, or is it not the kind of construction I'm thinking of ?

Must be a state contract job...huehuehue.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 11:25:25 »

Building for Sony. Well two,  4 floors each. $$$$$$$. 3 years is probably bull**** but that's what the permit says.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 11:37:32 »

Must be a state contract job...huehuehue.

Building for Sony. Well two,  4 floors each. $$$$$$$. 3 years is probably bull**** but that's what the permit says.
Oh right haha, seems contractors are the same world over :D
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 11:57:47 »
Beat him to a pulp, brah.

jk, but that guy seems like an moron.  :p
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 12:06:11 »
Wish I could but... I like my job and I don't like jail.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 13:50:39 »

Oh gosh, this thread could open a can of worms.

Regarding the hotshot young engineers, we got some fresh blood here awhile back.  First job he had ever had working for somebody else (worked for family business and most likely sold drugs in college).   The job was not exciting for him, so he just started showing up late, leaving early, watching Netflix on his phone, leaving his desk for an hour or two at a time, etc, etc.   Basically got away with everything he could while he was here.  Lazy management did not help the situation.

Personally,  I always thought it was a good idea to attempt to impress your first employer with your reliability and work ethic.

The problem took care of itself.  His side business selling e-cigs was so successful, he could quit this gig and went full time with that.  Congrats, bro.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 13:59:42 »

Entitled generation

Lol, guess I should be worried for my job huh?  :p

Offline Chau

• .5 Korean, .25 Vietnamese, .25 Chinese, Oz accent
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 14:29:16 »

That's cuz you got THE axe.

Offline quickcrx702

• Ready to bomb with Vietnam tatted on my back
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 14:44:41 »
I call those type of people COW-orkers, the ones that are so fat and lazy that they inconvenience everyone else trying to get special treatment.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 15:35:56 »
My coworkers are, almost without exception, fine human beings whom I look up to in many ways.  Does that mean we don't have parking drama?  Hell naw, son.  Except we do it like civilized humans, i.e., with public, scathing, passive-aggressive emails often accompanied by photos like these:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 15:42:37 »
^^ Sightings from the pixar parking lot  8)

52556-0

52558-1

52560-2

52562-3

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 17:56:42 »
I would not be surprised if that coworker watched Fox News and believed everything they said.
🍉

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 18:04:57 »
So parking disputes seem to be a big thing in the US now?  I figured because everyone could carry a glock why would anyone push for an encounter with bullets?

Lucky there is no parking problems here at my workplace, because the dump trucks always get the right of way no matter where.  Besides most of us get along with each other can't remember the last time there was a stoush with anyone about anything.

I figure it's the heat that calms everyone down, you don't want to exert yourself too much when it's around 42C / 107.6F in the morning.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 January 2014, 18:07:57 by Elrick »

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 18:16:33 »
Glocks are "non America".
Only real man freeedom weapons like colt 1911.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 18:24:23 »
I figure it's the heat that calms everyone down, you don't want to exert yourself too much when it's around 42C / 107.6F in the morning.
What is this "heat" you speak of?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 18:35:43 »

I didn't know the US still uses the Colt, I thought every law man out there has a Glock (really popular) rather than anything else.

If you want to go all he-man like then the old S&W-M29 Magnum .44 is still it.  Harry Callahan made it look so sweet in all his movies  :thumb: .

Summer season here in Convict Town.  The hazy, dry heat that makes this landscape look like the surface of Mars on a good day but I would say the corporation I work for did most of the Mars-like transformation  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 January 2014, 18:44:12 by Elrick »

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 18:46:47 »
Demik, park there, if he does something to your car or you, call the police. If you want to teach him a lesson, there is always the option of spilling battery acid on his car.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 19:29:36 »

I know right..... I'm ready for spring.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 20:11:14 »
I hate people like that...get some guys together and all park in and near his spot and tell him to **** off

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 20:22:07 »

I didn't know the US still uses the Colt, I thought every law man out there has a Glock (really popular) rather than anything else.

If you want to go all he-man like then the old S&W-M29 Magnum .44 is still it.  Harry Callahan made it look so sweet in all his movies  :thumb: .

Summer season here in Convict Town.  The hazy, dry heat that makes this landscape look like the surface of Mars on a good day but I would say the corporation I work for did most of the Mars-like transformation  :thumb: .

A lot of the police around where I live including the US Navy issues Beretta pistols.  Not sure on local law enforcement but the Navy issues the M92F.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 22:01:07 »
So parking disputes seem to be a big thing in the US now?  I figured because everyone could carry a glock why would anyone push for an encounter with bullets?

Lucky there is no parking problems here at my workplace, because the dump trucks always get the right of way no matter where.  Besides most of us get along with each other can't remember the last time there was a stoush with anyone about anything.

LA County, nothing is being carried here. Fisty cuffs for life.

I would not be surprised if that coworker watched Fox News and believed everything they said.

i honestly believe he just ran out of things to say because my coworker wouldn't move. He had to, I refuse to think somebody is that stupid.. for the sake of my own brain.
Demik, park there, if he does something to your car or you, call the police. If you want to teach him a lesson, there is always the option of spilling battery acid on his car.

I have my own private spot :P. I'll let others deal with his stupidity.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 23:11:31 »
I was going to post a clip from Veep about parking spots for work.
This on the other-hand is way more funny and random.

Offline quickcrx702

• Ready to bomb with Vietnam tatted on my back
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 05:07:53 »
Actually murder rates skyrocket during the summer in a lot of U.S. cities.

Is that sarcasm, or maybe I just hang out with the wrong people when I'm out there?  LOL.  Too bad more people would rather pull a gun than be a man.  A few days ago down the street from where I live some dude got shot and killed at a stoplight, with two of his kids in the back seat, over road rage from a lane change.  I can understand getting out and beating someone's ass if they really pissed you off, but don't kill someone, especially when their kids are in the car.  That's about as cowardly as you can get.

Anyway make sure to antagonize that dbag by making comments about how great your spot is.  Obviously he has already made it clear that he's too ***** made to fight you, and you get to embarrass him in front of his COWorkers.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 09:30:26 »
Actually murder rates skyrocket during the summer in a lot of U.S. cities.

Is that sarcasm, or maybe I just hang out with the wrong people when I'm out there?  LOL.  Too bad more people would rather pull a gun than be a man.  A few days ago down the street from where I live some dude got shot and killed at a stoplight, with two of his kids in the back seat, over road rage from a lane change.  I can understand getting out and beating someone's ass if they really pissed you off, but don't kill someone, especially when their kids are in the car.  That's about as cowardly as you can get.

Anyway make sure to antagonize that dbag by making comments about how great your spot is.  Obviously he has already made it clear that he's too ***** made to fight you, and you get to embarrass him in front of his COWorkers.

Oh we mock him alright. But he's too stupid to understand it. Also gives you this stupid look like he won something. Also yeah, one reason why I hate summer is because idiots quench their thirst with alcohol and start acting like children which leads to fighting and pulling out weapons.

Offline iri

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 14:54:02 »
A few days ago down the street from where I live some dude got shot and killed at a stoplight, with two of his kids in the back seat, over road rage from a lane change
unholy crap. tell where do you live so i could keep a 100km distance from there if the harsh destiny sends me to the states

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Lanx

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 14:59:27 »
why would anyone be proud of an american car? i guess? the ford trucks? those disgusting pieces of ****s.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 15:02:00 »
Corvette?

I like my silverado. I'd love to own a raptor. And tundra is made and assembled in Texas. I don't like anything Nissan has, at all.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 17:44:32 »
Also yeah, one reason why I hate summer is because idiots quench their thirst with alcohol and start acting like children which leads to fighting and pulling out weapons.

Geez this sounds like here, the idiot media had run out of it's normal boring stories so the past few weeks running condemning stories urging Government (the Warden) to do something.  Sure enough the goons in power start passing joke, alcohol restrictions in Sydney central ONLY.

Yep, when a couple of loons belt each out the media makes it like it's a national affliction needing tougher penalties and what not.  Of course increasing punishment won't stop the hardcore alco's getting their usual fix.  I just wish one day Australia will re-introduce the death penalty, that would be interesting.