Author Topic: Make Hasu's Converter with Same HW as Soarers?  (Read 2388 times)

Offline clickclack123

Make Hasu's Converter with Same HW as Soarers?
« on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 07:49:16 »
I just built a Soarer's ps2-usb converter using an Arduino Pro Micro Clone. It's working fine (after switching the clock and data lines around because I wired them the wrong way around at first  ;) )

So Clock is to PD1 and Data is to PD0.

I wanted to try out hasu's  converter as well, but I can't get it to work. I tried editing config.h but it  still doesn't work. It looked to build ok using "make KEYMAP=spacefn" and I uploaded it to the Pro Micro ok. Can anyone give me any advice  on what's wrong? My config.h is attached. It's late here so I probably made a mistake when changing the pins.

I tried to change which pins it used to 0 and 1 but still no dice.

* config.h (5.09 kB - downloaded 122 times.)

Also, is it true that nkro still doesn't work with hasu's using LUFA? I actually have no idea what bootloader my board is using... It's a cheap clone from China.

54097-1

Thanks!!

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
Re: Make Hasu's Converter with Same HW as Soarers?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 08:03:47 »
With PD0 and PD1 USART(default) version doesn't work. You should use BUSYWAIT or INT(errupt) version.
Change build setting in Makefile.

NKRO is supported with LUFA now.

Offline clickclack123

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 16:08:35 »
With PD0 and PD1 USART(default) version doesn't work. You should use BUSYWAIT or INT(errupt) version.

Thanks hasu, I'll try it when I get home.

What are the disadvantages of not using USART version? Which one is better between BUSYWAIT and INT?

Is there any documentation of the different versions?

Offline clickclack123

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 02:41:07 »
Just got it working. Thanks hasu, just doing layers now, done a dvorak layer on top of the spacefn layout.

Is there some way to use  the scroll-lock led as a layer indicator light?

Also how can I make Shift-backspace be delete?
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 February 2014, 02:43:17 by clickclack123 »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 04:39:33 »
Select INT if you want to use as daily driver, it will be less possible to miss key event. Select BUSYWAIT if you want to lean or look into the protocol, it was written for reference purpose.

No, it doesn't support layer indicator LED and Shift-backspace. You need to write code yourself.

Offline clickclack123

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 06:44:35 »
Select INT if you want to use as daily driver, it will be less possible to miss key event. Select BUSYWAIT if you want to lean or look into the protocol, it was written for reference purpose.

No, it doesn't support layer indicator LED and Shift-backspace. You need to write code yourself.

Thanks for the reply, I'm using INT. Would INT be less reliable than USART? Just deciding whether it's worth soldering to the correct pins for your firmware.

Do you mean I need to write a whole converter myself, or just write a bit more code using yours?

edit: I found out how to do the backspace to delete. On the spaceFn layer, space-backspace is delete. That works for me.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 February 2014, 08:10:27 by clickclack123 »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 14:53:27 »
I think INT is reliable as much as USART is unless my code has incorrectness.
So INT is a bit less reliable than USART due to my code skill. On the other hand I think INT is also reliable enough.

You will be able to implement both functions by just writing C code in keymap.c. But you need to learn and read my code much because documentation is not enough or doesn't exists at this time.

Offline clickclack123

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 19:54:51 »
I think INT is reliable as much as USART is unless my code has incorrectness.
So INT is a bit less reliable than USART due to my code skill. On the other hand I think INT is also reliable enough.

INT was reliable for me last night, so I think your code skill must be good!

You will be able to implement both functions by just writing C code in keymap.c. But you need to learn and read my code much because documentation is not enough or doesn't exists at this time.

Hmm. I have a couple of other people's keymap examples from which I should be able to work out how to do different layouts and macros. Perhaps when I work it out I will make a bit of documentation.

I have no idea where I would start with the led indicator thing, but it's not a major priority for me anyway. I'm just happy that the converter is working with a good layout to be honest.

Offline clickclack123

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 12 February 2014, 18:07:48 »

Just curious for my future converters, with which pins is USART supported? The default is PD5 and PD2 from your converter thread, but PD5 isn't broken out to a pin on the Pro Micro.

Could I use PD3 and PD2 with USART?
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 February 2014, 18:10:52 by clickclack123 »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 12 February 2014, 19:28:46 »
Ah, Pro Micro has no pin for PD5? Shame, but I can understand their decision. XCK function is less used.

You can find the answer in datasheet. Download and look over it. It never waste your time, or rather save it. I'm serious, not joking.
http://www.atmel.com/images/7766s.pdf

TL;DR: No. PD3 deosn't work for this purpose. You need PD5 for XCK(clock).