Author Topic: What'd you get in your grab bag?  (Read 38905 times)

Offline dragonxx21

Re: What'd you get in your grab bag?
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 14:53:40 »
I missed this.. damn
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 15:14:01 »
If anyone comes across any Command keys, or Option keys, please let me know. I'd love to buy them if you're will to part with them.  :cool:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 15:17:33 »
If anyone comes across any Command keys, or Option keys, please let me know. I'd love to buy them if you're will to part with them.  :cool:

Mashby pm me your address again. :D

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 15:24:49 »
Dang it! I knew I should've gotten a grab bag.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 16:30:18 »
Also, in the case of Miami, if somebody found another martini glass, I'll gladly compensate if you're willing to part with it =D
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 16:30:53 »
Also, in the case of Miami, if somebody found another martini glass, I'll gladly compensate if you're willing to part with it =D

I got one, shoot me a pm!

Offline Jixr

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 16:39:37 »
mine comes in the mail today! i'll share what I got.

( my friend got a really crap bag, he said he didn't get anything good except a heart bottle cap )

if anyone gets any mac modifier keys I would like to buy/trade for them.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 16:55:37 »
I wonder how long does it take for SP to produce all of this stuff. At the end is very good for them to recover part of the cost of their scrap.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 17:50:24 »
God damn, where do you folks find the time to sort through these monsters?

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 17:54:03 »
Show Image

Are those 2u DSA keys Point of Sale caps? If so, would you be willing to part with that "Duck" key?
I don't know if it's a point of sale key, it's a 2u DSA that appears to fit exactly over two 1U stems. I'd be willing to part with it - PM me if you want to organize some swaps.

[)amien

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 18:09:29 »
There is a thread in Classifieds for Crap Bag sales and trades: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55433.0

Do we want to collect all WTB/WTS/WTT requests there?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline simon_C

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 18:42:27 »
Woo My crap bag shipped out. I have a feeling a lot of trading is going to go on. We should have a separate thread for trading, and one for buy/sell.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 18:42:49 »
There is a thread in Classifieds for Crap Bag sales and trades: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55433.0

I thought this was the unofficial crap bag trading space and that was just nub's personal thread.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 18:57:19 »
Nope, it's open to anyone since we really should be in classifieds for sales and such.  If you post in it, I can always.add your main sale/trade post to the OP.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 19:17:35 »

A quick sort of two bags into junk, blanks, printed and interesting stuff took maybe 30 minutes.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 19:26:48 »

I thought this was the unofficial crap bag trading space and that was just nub's personal thread.

This is just pics of what people got.  Really it should probably be in the media section (the last thread was, for last year's crap bag).

You'll probably get people posting pictures of what they got here, and someone sees it and immediately posts "I want that".

I imagine the classifieds thread will see a bit more traffic once the excitement has passed (probably about a week before I get my bag *sigh*).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Jixr

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 19:33:02 »
my crap bag... was crap

here are some of the notables. Only decent ones are the goofed up stoner and happy face

The 'kill+' is kinda funh

some weird see-through ones

Also a neat silcone one, the key is rubber, but the legened is plastic. very weird.

the rest.

most of a dark brown whatever profile mod set

Anyone see anything they like let me know.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 March 2014, 19:39:15 by Jixr »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 19:53:29 »
Just did an initial sort, got some really nice caps I'll post pics/trades when I get back from evening classes.

For now, a little fun with crap bag caps  ;D
56216-0

Offline Jixr

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 19:56:38 »
what is the taller profile called, that looks more old school, and where can I buy a set?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 19:57:45 »
SA profile.  You'll need to get in on a GB or get enough from people's crap bags to make a working set.

Personally, I megaloathe them.

Offline luis911

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 20:00:01 »
SA profile.  You'll need to get in on a GB or get enough from people's crap bags to make a working set.

What do you think about DSA, I think they are much better.
Check out my website FDMPrints.org

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 20:00:54 »

What nubs said, plus the dark brown are SA caps made for filco and you can order those with a proxy.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 20:19:49 »

What do you think about DSA, I think they are much better.

Give me DSA over SA any day.  DSA isn't bad, but takes some getting used to.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 20:32:42 »

Luckly I got enough to fill up my poker 2

all except 3 modifier keys (win fn ctrl ) to at least test out the profile, and also got a really cool see through one.
Z
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 March 2014, 21:10:36 by Jixr »

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 22:07:09 »
Anyone get blank colored keycaps? (not DSA or SA or any of that)

I got quite a bit but I was wondering what colors everyone else got. At the very least I want a new green for this since the one I have is a bit defective and wavy on the top so it reflects light really weird.
I want it to be the same color though, not a different shade.

The defect is impossible to get a picture of, but trust me this is not perfect and the light reflection is kind of driving me nuts.
Here is the "rainbow" I have right now.
More

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 23:34:01 »
Here is a shot of the notables in my 3 grab bags.  The space bar is actually 2 different colors of plastic.  Anything above and including the space bar will not be for sale.

56226-0

Edit:  And yes the hapster legend is upside down.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 23:36:09 »
that upside down hapster!~

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 23:48:58 »

A quick sort of two bags into junk, blanks, printed and interesting stuff took maybe 30 minutes.

LIES! It just took me a little over 3hrs to sort everything into 13 different categories and bag 'em.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 23:50:09 »
that upside down hapster!~

Someone would probably pay $250 for an upside down Hapster!

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 00:18:11 »
That spacebar is amazing  :thumb:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 00:20:24 »
That spacebar is amazing  :thumb:

Yes it is.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 00:21:05 »
OK, too many images to post here but I'm open to trades and sales.  :thumb:

http://imgur.com/a/vZnfn

Not pictured: A metric ****ton of black/white/grey/and beige blank caps. Caps with stems my brain doesn't understand.

Out of all 5lbs: ALPS COUNT = 0  >:D
Really SP? What a bunch of crusty syphilis infested bull****.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 00:22:42 »
I so want one in toxic colors now.  But I don't want to ask bunny if he can request it.  I sent mkawa a pic of it with a comment to the extent of it looks like they ran out of one color and another color started in the middle of this cap.  He responded that they actually have two colors of plastic in separate hoppers with something else that prevents the colors from mixing into a third color during the pour/injection process.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #133 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 07:40:04 »
Looking through all these pics I bet it wouldn't be too hard to assemble an entire set of the dark brown SA caps, it seems like there are a lot of those in the crap bags.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #134 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 07:47:55 »
After looking at just this last page in this thread, I've come to the conclusion that SP screwed me on my grab bag. Only a couple interesting keys (lots of "Other Fuel" and "Auto Probe" keys, as well as LOTS of white-on-black keys, unfortunately not enough for a full keyset...), and lots and lots of utter CRAP! I suppose that's why they're called crap bags though, so I can't complain too much...

If anyone is looking for anything in particular, let me know, I'll see if I can help you out. Otherwise, most of these keys are going to be ****-canned...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #135 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 12:08:54 »
If anyone is looking for anything in particular, let me know, I'll see if I can help you out. Otherwise, most of these keys are going to be ****-canned...

I was thinking everyone could pool their unwanteds into some sort of art project. Ship 'em off to someone with some talent and they could craft some sort of keycap mech or something :P

Offline n7

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 17:58:18 »
I got two bags. The first one was a much better haul than the second one, but I got some nice caps overall. Here's all the DCS stuff I'd be willing to trade away.
56278-056280-156282-256284-3
It looks like I'm not the only one missing the "T" from the Day9 set  :))

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #137 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 19:24:39 »
Here is a shot of the notables in my 3 grab bags.  The space bar is actually 2 different colors of plastic.  Anything above and including the space bar will not be for sale.

(Attachment Link)

Edit:  And yes the hapster legend is upside down.

That spacebar is AWESOME HOLY ****

I'd give you a lot for that
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 20:07:30 »
My notables.

SA
DCS
DSA

Show Image

First grab/crap bag. Quite fun.

I see some good stuff from others. I may be PMing for trade/sale possibilities.

Any chance to part that 1u win key? PMme if you want to.

Offline stancato9

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 20:16:16 »
Any 1.75 shifts? :D
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #140 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 20:26:48 »
Any 1.75 shifts? :D

profile? color? i'm sure i've got some somewhere

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 23:35:05 »
Fiance made this with all of the caps I didn't find interesting. Her initial and mine on top of our favorite colors.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #142 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 23:42:12 »
I dunno, that yellow cog looks interesting and it looks like you may have gotten some Alps caps.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 23:48:37 »
Anybody got 2x shift non sa and dsa profile caps?

Offline Honq

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 23:57:39 »
Heads up to all the peeps that got a bunch of SA caps that want to try to complete it.

SP has 6.2x SA spacebars (TAA color black?) in stock right now.
I am told that it would fit poker2 spacebar.

http://keyshop.pimpmykeyboard.com/product/spacebar-inventory

Does anyone have any extra bottem row modifiers? I WTT/WTB!

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 00:05:48 »
I dunno, that yellow cog looks interesting and it looks like you may have gotten some Alps caps.

The Cog was actually a star of david and it wasn't of any use to me, and I kept all but 1 or 2 of the alps caps (I got about 25 colored blank alps)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 00:11:04 »

The Cog was actually a star of david and it wasn't of any use to me, and I kept all but 1 or 2 of the alps caps (I got about 25 colored blank alps)

:eek: I WANT DEM ALPS

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 00:23:19 »

CPTBadAss and I got the dibs on Alps.  25 is the motherlode.

And a star of David cap is just fun.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #148 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 00:55:13 »

CPTBadAss and I got the dibs on Alps.  25 is the motherlode.

And a star of David cap is just fun.

Unfortunately, keeping them. I'm gonna use them on my kingsaver (if I ever get one =() But I WILL put them to use some day =)

edit: also, they're gonna be going on my ducky with green alps when I get around to putting them on. Gonna be such a purty function/numrow =D
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 March 2014, 00:58:12 by exitfire401 »

Offline elttaboi

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 04:49:37 »
So I think I did alright. I got 3 alps keys, which is awesome. I have no idea what the hand key was supposed to be for, but it's interesting. The pink exit cap is my fav out of all. :3 Too bad I don't have an alps board.
I also got 2 linux 1.25 caps, which are not pictured.
AND white/green GEEKHACK!!
I'd be interested in trading anything in the pics for other cool keycaps or keyboard stuff.

A lot of blank colors. ML caps top-right.

I think the "pass level" and "delete word" keys are funny. Also the "green" cap. Obviously not green. kekeke

These are alps: