Author Topic: CM Storm Novatouch  (Read 234896 times)

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
Re: CM Storm Novatouch
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 07:55:22 »
If the rumoured pricing for the keyboard is true, to be around ~200+, then I guess I'll be going for the FC660C :/

I don't get this. The FC660c is almost $200 anyway and has a non standard layout. For the small price difference the Novatouch will be a much better purchase.

Am I insane or did you all expect this thing to be priced like an MX board? Topre boards are all pricey and this has way better features than most while still being cheaper than a HHKB.

Since the Novatouch is a TKL keyboard mainly using different sliders, I don't see why the cost should be any different from that of a TypeHeaven for around ~$150+. As Xowie said, for 200$, why bother getting a Novatouch that comes with stock ABS keycaps, only to be switched to another keycap set and pay an extra $50+ more, when I can just buy an HHKB for a little bit more than $200 or a Leopold FC660C for a little bit less than $200 which includes the cost of PBT keycaps coming as stock.

That's fair, if you're happy with stock caps then this probably isn't the board for you.

Happy with stock keycaps? No sir, I'm talking about quality keycaps. From your "replace stock keycaps on novatouch" logic: if I were to get an HHKB or FC660C for around 230$, you would waste another $50-$100 to buy a "new" "replacement" keycap set for those keyboards that already have quality keycaps. If a keyboard comes with quality PBT keycaps, whether dyesub or blank, why should I bother wasting money getting a replacement set? The NovaTouch comes with ABS keycaps, so of course I would replace stock ABS keycaps with some quality PBT keycaps or at least some doubeshots. I'd rather not spend the extra $50 to $100 for a thick PBT dyesub set for the novatouch, when I can pay only slightly more for an HHKB or FC660C.

Then you're clearly not the target audience for this board. Why would they put decent caps on a board that's main selling point is the ability to add MX caps? Then you'd all be complaining that they'd juiced up the price for caps you don't want. And I'd also like to know where you're getting HHKB's so cheaply.

Out of curiousity I decided to do a mini roundup on Topre boards just to clear up pricing.

Type Heaven @ $129 - No TKL available so not a great comparison, ABS Caps, some say not quite as sturdy as Topre boards. Made in China.
Leopold FC660C @ $189 - Lasered PBT (dye sub is $220), solid construction. Made in China.
Realforce 87U @ $199 - PBT dye subs, very well constructed board. Made in Japan.
HHKB @ $260 - Same as above.

None of these boards support MX caps obviously so the question you need to ask yourself is how much do you like the stock ones? We all know sourcing Topre caps is a total joke, you'll be looking at $150+ for a full set.

"Why would they put decent caps on a board that's main selling point is the ability to add MX caps?"

Why not?

I mean not because you can change the caps means you have too. And if the main selling point was really the ability to add MX caps then why can't it comes without caps?

I understand that the board is made so people can use Topre while still using MX compatible caps, that's fine. But it's not an excuse to over-charge cheap keycaps. Some CM boards are under 100$, therefore i strongly believe this one will be close to this price. I mean, a set of the cheapest ABS caps, on the cheapest PCB inside the cheapest case, even if there's a "revolutionary" new Topre/MX stem, it can't be 200$. That's just impossible for CM to do that.

If they do, well, i hope they are not expecting to sell much. Cause what will a consumer do in front of mechanical boards when it comes to choose which one he wants? Get an MX like everyone does or try this new board using Topre switches but MX stems which are things clearly beyond his understanding for twice the price?

200$ board would mean suicide for a plan that will only work if they manage to properly flood the market.
See my blog here : https://delitech.live

Poker II - Brown MX

Ducky One II TKL - Silver MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #351 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 08:06:36 »
If the rumoured pricing for the keyboard is true, to be around ~200+, then I guess I'll be going for the FC660C :/

I don't get this. The FC660c is almost $200 anyway and has a non standard layout. For the small price difference the Novatouch will be a much better purchase.

Am I insane or did you all expect this thing to be priced like an MX board? Topre boards are all pricey and this has way better features than most while still being cheaper than a HHKB.

Since the Novatouch is a TKL keyboard mainly using different sliders, I don't see why the cost should be any different from that of a TypeHeaven for around ~$150+. As Xowie said, for 200$, why bother getting a Novatouch that comes with stock ABS keycaps, only to be switched to another keycap set and pay an extra $50+ more, when I can just buy an HHKB for a little bit more than $200 or a Leopold FC660C for a little bit less than $200 which includes the cost of PBT keycaps coming as stock.

That's fair, if you're happy with stock caps then this probably isn't the board for you.

Happy with stock keycaps? No sir, I'm talking about quality keycaps. From your "replace stock keycaps on novatouch" logic: if I were to get an HHKB or FC660C for around 230$, you would waste another $50-$100 to buy a "new" "replacement" keycap set for those keyboards that already have quality keycaps. If a keyboard comes with quality PBT keycaps, whether dyesub or blank, why should I bother wasting money getting a replacement set? The NovaTouch comes with ABS keycaps, so of course I would replace stock ABS keycaps with some quality PBT keycaps or at least some doubeshots. I'd rather not spend the extra $50 to $100 for a thick PBT dyesub set for the novatouch, when I can pay only slightly more for an HHKB or FC660C.

Then you're clearly not the target audience for this board. Why would they put decent caps on a board that's main selling point is the ability to add MX caps? Then you'd all be complaining that they'd juiced up the price for caps you don't want. And I'd also like to know where you're getting HHKB's so cheaply.

Out of curiousity I decided to do a mini roundup on Topre boards just to clear up pricing.

Type Heaven @ $129 - No TKL available so not a great comparison, ABS Caps, some say not quite as sturdy as Topre boards. Made in China.
Leopold FC660C @ $189 - Lasered PBT (dye sub is $220), solid construction. Made in China.
Realforce 87U @ $199 - PBT dye subs, very well constructed board. Made in Japan.

None of these boards support MX caps obviously so the question you need to ask yourself is how much do you like the stock ones? We all know sourcing Topre caps is a total joke, you'll be looking at $150+ for a full set.

"Why would they put decent caps on a board that's main selling point is the ability to add MX caps?"

Why not?

I mean not because you can change the caps means you have too. And if the main selling point was really the ability to add MX caps then why can't it comes without caps?

I understand that the board is made so people can use Topre while still using MX compatible caps, that's fine. But it's not an excuse to over-charge cheap keycaps. Some CM boards are under 100$, therefore i strongly believe this one will be close to this price. I mean, a set of the cheapest ABS caps, on the cheapest PCB inside the cheapest case, even if there's a "revolutionary" new Topre/MX stem, it can't be 200$. That's just impossible for CM to do that.

Again comparing apples to oranges, what does the price of an MX Coolermaster board have to do with anything? Look at the prices I posted above, the Novatouch is priced similarly to other Topre boards but is actually doing something new. The research and development to pump out the sliders would not have been cheap and you guys act like they just knocked it up in CAD overnight. They've been working on this board for like a year now. It would cost a **** load of money to create all the tooling to produce these boards on a large scale.

EDIT: One other thing, I think you guys are putting a little bit too much weight in the value added by PBT caps on some Topre boards, they might sell for $100 retail but there is no way that the manufacturers are paying anything close to that for them.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 August 2014, 08:11:36 by bueller »
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #352 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 08:35:54 »

Again comparing apples to oranges, what does the price of an MX Coolermaster board have to do with anything? Look at the prices I posted above, the Novatouch is priced similarly to other Topre boards but is actually doing something new. The research and development to pump out the sliders would not have been cheap and you guys act like they just knocked it up in CAD overnight. They've been working on this board for like a year now. It would cost a **** load of money to create all the tooling to produce these boards on a large scale.

EDIT: One other thing, I think you guys are putting a little bit too much weight in the value added by PBT caps on some Topre boards, they might sell for $100 retail but there is no way that the manufacturers are paying anything close to that for them.
My take:
People are expecting quality and pricing to be similar to a type heaven. If it is significantly more, I think most of CM's audience will pass for a much cheaper MX version. People who already have topre boards will probably be more likely to test it out if it is ~$100.
I think it will be very interesting to see how they price this.
RETIRED

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #353 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 08:45:16 »

Why not?

I understand the whole developpement process and i agree it has to be expensive, but put yourself in the shoes of a marketing expert at cooler master: they've been selling board ranging 80$-120$ with questionably cheap assets and managed to be reknown in the mechanical world for providing bang-for-your-bucks entry-level solutions compared to other boards.

I know they had to develop this whole thing but considering they've been operating in the low-grade mechanical selection, i strongly believe they studied the market and their new stem in order to keep that "low-price not-so-bad hardware" market advantage.

I don't mean to diss CM boards, they are fine, but they are defenetly not high level boards. The novatouch is nice bringing a new Topre board but i hardly believe they'll have an above 120$ price tag; they just can't rival versus any other Topre board.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Justintoxicated

« Reply #354 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 13:09:36 »
Is it time to start calling this board the nevertouch yet?   I don't think it is ever coming out.

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #355 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 13:21:27 »
I don't mean to diss CM boards, they are fine, but they are defenetly not high level boards. The novatouch is nice bringing a new Topre board but i hardly believe they'll have an above 120$ price tag; they just can't rival versus any other Topre board.

$120 retail for Topre is unheard of. $70-90 for a mechanical keyboard (most common price of the QFR, even lower with special discounts) was definitely not unheard of.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #356 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 14:10:02 »

$120 retail for Topre is unheard of. $70-90 for a mechanical keyboard (most common price of the QFR, even lower with special discounts) was definitely not unheard of.

Yea well this is what i'm expecting, higher is just out of mind. It's the most cash-saving decent board i've heard of.

Also think about this; if they pop out the Novatouch line with multiple MX board and their new Topre MX-Compatible board, they'll have to drop em on the same price tag, else a person looking for a board which doesn't really know the difference will only grasp the price difference and go straight to MX.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #357 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 14:19:38 »
I understand the whole developpement process and i agree it has to be expensive, but put yourself in the shoes of a marketing expert at cooler master: they've been selling board ranging 80$-120$ with questionably cheap assets and managed to be reknown in the mechanical world for providing bang-for-your-bucks entry-level solutions compared to other boards.

I know they had to develop this whole thing but considering they've been operating in the low-grade mechanical selection, i strongly believe they studied the market and their new stem in order to keep that "low-price not-so-bad hardware" market advantage.

Why can't CM break out of that hole that everyone puts them in and offer a high-end board?  The Novatouch felt really solid when I typed on it, and I wouldn't be surprised if they really stepped everything up for this.  We'll have to wait and see how it goes, but I just don't get why everyone seems to be ignoring the possibility that they might be changing things for this totally new market they're creating.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #358 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 14:44:01 »

Why can't CM break out of that hole that everyone puts them in and offer a high-end board?  The Novatouch felt really solid when I typed on it, and I wouldn't be surprised if they really stepped everything up for this.  We'll have to wait and see how it goes, but I just don't get why everyone seems to be ignoring the possibility that they might be changing things for this totally new market they're creating.

Indeed and i would like it as well, but CM as always targeted the enthousiast level of users and not the high-end professional one. Look at CM cases, boards, mice and cooling system; they are great products, but great products ACCORDING to their prices. There's is always something above them in the fields they are working on, therefore this is why people expect them to deliver lower-end boards.

I'm not saying it's bad, i'm just saying that considering their history, there is a "pattern" we expect. Also if it fell like a good quality board then why mind if it's 120$. Price doesn't really means better, it only means more expensive.

If the Topre Novatouch fits you flawlessly then the price doesn't matter.

Also i'm a little unsure about the whole pricing stuff; if the Topre edition gets to expensive, it'll be overthrown by it's MX counterpart. If it's the other way around and all the Novatouchs are at same price tag, i strongly believe the Topre one will litterally outsell and outshine all other CMs.

We'll see.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #359 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 15:43:57 »

Type heaven is pretty close. I think most of the speculation was ~$150 price tag.

To be fair, I think it is a consequence of CM exploiting this part of the market successfully (which is not a bad thing imo). They built their image on offering mid range quality at a very reasonable price. In this regard, I don't think it is unreasonable for people to be somewhat hesitant for a product that is rumored to have premium pricing.
RETIRED

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #360 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 15:46:18 »

To be fair, I think it is a consequence of CM exploiting this part of the market successfully (which is not a bad thing imo). They built their image on offering mid range quality at a very reasonable price. In this regard, I don't think it is unreasonable for people to be somewhat hesitant for a product that is rumored to have premium pricing.

I completely agree.  I was simply bringing up the possibility that it's priced as such due to an increase in quality.  Everyone seems to be making assumptions, and I'm just trying to steer people towards waiting and seeing what actually happens.   :thumb:

I'm not the biggest fan of speculation, in case that wasn't clear.  :P

Offline Abn

« Reply #361 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 16:34:23 »
I talked to a rep yesterday on release and he said this.

Cant say specifics because we are working on a global launch. We will have a notification sign up page released a few weeks before.
Noppoo Choc Mini Reds | Ducky Shine 3 TKL Browns | Topre Realforce 87U 45gram

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #362 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 01:08:34 »
We will have a notification sign up page released a few weeks before.

That page isn't out yet... = no Novatouch for a few more weeks?  :eek:

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #363 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 02:35:42 »
Coming soon... (in year 3015)  :))

Offline jameslr

« Reply #364 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 07:21:31 »

So, you're starting a group buy for Novatouch, right? Put that DeLorean to good use and build a time machine!
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #365 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 07:37:57 »

So, you're starting a group buy for Novatouch, right? Put that DeLorean to good use and build a time machine!

Don't waste your time hoping it may come around, better get this baby here;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Topre-Realforce-87-10th-Anniversary-Edition-All-55gram-Tenkeyless-Keyboard-/271567392251?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item3f3aad8dfb

Have already bought one and looking forward to receiving my FIRST 55g Anniversary Edition which are now so ultra rare it's not even funny anymore.

Offline jameslr

« Reply #366 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 07:40:18 »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Topre-Realforce-87-10th-Anniversary-Edition-All-55gram-Tenkeyless-Keyboard-/271567392251?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item3f3aad8dfb

Have already bought one and looking forward to receiving my FIRST 55g Anniversary Edition which are now so ultra rare it's not even funny anymore.

That's a beautiful board right there. Congrats on your purchase! It's too rich for my blood though.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #367 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 08:16:54 »

That's a beautiful board right there. Congrats on your purchase! It's too rich for my blood though.

Word....so nice, but so 'spensive. Plus, once that spacebar starts to shine there's no gray spacebar replacement.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Demetrium

« Reply #368 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 09:02:11 »
Does anyone know what color(s) backlit this will be? Thinking about grabbing those color changers on Massdrop if it's white.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #369 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 09:04:06 »
Does anyone know what color(s) backlit this will be? Thinking about grabbing those color changers on Massdrop if it's white.

It's not backlit.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Demetrium

« Reply #370 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 10:26:13 »

It's not backlit.

Nuts!

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #371 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 10:38:18 »
How? There aren't any backlit topre boards afaik, and if there was, it wouldn't even work great considering where the leds would have to go.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #372 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 12:02:00 »
on the sample I saw there were no LEDs whatsoever, not even for capslock and scrolllock. I'm not sure if they mean to have any and when I inquired about it, the rep intimated to me that there would likely not be lock lights at all.

Offline samsam

« Reply #373 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 16:31:30 »
One Thing is for sure i will be very careful buying from abroad  :'(
Tomorrow i will be getting my Leopold FC-660M with clear switches and extra set of dy-sub keycap set..

Paying:

€118,34 for the keyboard.
€38,51 for the keycaps.

And €47,60 for customs and tax..
Makes a total of €204 YEP that's $273 for a Leopold keyboard..
From vendio.com ..a store in china from a guy called "Qtang" (worst communication i ever had in my life)

So al in all..what i'm saying is that we in the EU (some of us) even pay tax for the shipping cost of other countries..
 >:D >:D

i give up my next buy is from EU ground or an other solution on the package..you know what i mean..
This is becoming way to expensive as a hobby..

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #374 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 16:34:07 »
Tomorrow i will be getting my Leopold FC-660M with clear switches and extra set of dy-sub keycap set..

Paying:

€38,51 for the keycaps.

From vendio.com ..a store in china from a guy called "Qtang" (worst communication i ever had in my life)

So al in all..what i'm saying is that we in the EU (some of us) even pay tax for the shipping cost of other countries..

i give up my next buy is from EU ground or an other solution on the package..you know what i mean..

qtan is a user here on GH, you can sometimes contact him here.

Here's his vendor forum
http://geekhack.org/index.php?board=81.0

Offline calavera

« Reply #375 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 16:48:14 »
TLDR

Any comparisons between a realforce?

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #376 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 17:58:01 »
TLDR

So far the most I've been able to glean from numerous posts is 45g feels heavier than on a RF 45g. Nothing else...cmon Carter send us some moar samples mang!
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #377 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 07:44:02 »
TLDR

The Topre switche's stems can hold Cherry MX compatible Keycaps.

That seems to be all the fuss about this board.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #378 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 03:58:13 »

Type heaven is pretty close. I think most of the speculation was ~$150 price tag.

Companies change directions all the time. If they don't they will remain stale, growth is required  :thumb: Just like why CoolerMaster started CM Storm in the first place.

Indeed and i would like it as well, but CM as always targeted the enthousiast level of users and not the high-end professional one. Look at CM cases, boards, mice and cooling system; they are great products, but great products ACCORDING to their prices. There's is always something above them in the fields they are working on, therefore this is why people expect them to deliver lower-end boards.

I'm not saying it's bad, i'm just saying that considering their history, there is a "pattern" we expect. Also if it fell like a good quality board then why mind if it's 120$. Price doesn't really means better, it only means more expensive.

If the Topre Novatouch fits you flawlessly then the price doesn't matter.

Also i'm a little unsure about the whole pricing stuff; if the Topre edition gets to expensive, it'll be overthrown by it's MX counterpart. If it's the other way around and all the Novatouchs are at same price tag, i strongly believe the Topre one will litterally outsell and outshine all other CMs.

We'll see.
It's not really a "topre edition". What you people really fail to understand is that it's a genuinely solid topre keyboard and will be priced close to one. If they are to price it any lower it will be suicide too.
Market penetration is by giving you topre feel for your brobots  ;) Not the other way round  :D
It's not like people don't pay 120$ for razer crap  ;)

I completely agree.  I was simply bringing up the possibility that it's priced as such due to an increase in quality.  Everyone seems to be making assumptions, and I'm just trying to steer people towards waiting and seeing what actually happens.   :thumb:

I'm not the biggest fan of speculation, in case that wasn't clear.  :P
CM quality is already top notch to begin with when it comes to the rest of the brands and price proposition but of course the pricing of them doesn't reflect that  ;)
on the sample I saw there were no LEDs whatsoever, not even for capslock and scrolllock. I'm not sure if they mean to have any and when I inquired about it, the rep intimated to me that there would likely not be lock lights at all.
There are lock lights.

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #379 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 05:12:05 »

Paying:

€38,51 for the keycaps.

Here's his vendor forum

I'm also in the Netherlands, and you're right. We do get screwed over. We pay for tax in the country of origin, then we pay for shipping and after that we pay our own tax over the total price PLUS shipping, which is retarded.

I had to pay over 100 USD in cash to receive my HHKB from the post service.

Oh well, we got stroopwafels.  :thumb:

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #380 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 19:20:43 »
Hello fans, sorry I have been a way for a while. Working on tons of projects unfortunately not all consisting of Keyboards. Novatouch will be here soon.... we welcome the feedback and while understand that we cant please all, we do hope to bring a new option to the novatouch/topre/electrostatic switchtype lovers.

All who tried it at KeyCon seem to know the quality of this board and I do hope everyone will soon be able to experience it. Countdown is on, they are on the ship.

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #381 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 19:47:18 »
Hello fans, sorry I have been a way for a while. Working on tons of projects unfortunately not all consisting of Keyboards. Novatouch will be here soon.... we welcome the feedback and while understand that we cant please all, we do hope to bring a new option to the novatouch/topre/electrostatic switchtype lovers.

All who tried it at KeyCon seem to know the quality of this board and I do hope everyone will soon be able to experience it. Countdown is on, they are on the ship.

Good to hear!

I would like to say that the KB I saw at keycon was very nice indeed. I am seriously considering getting one, once I am able.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #382 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 20:20:51 »

Hey Carter,

Hope your projects are going well :)

The Novatouch is one of the fer keyboards still on my wish list, although I would prefer a 55g version.  Hopefully the 45g one sells sufficiently well to lead to a 55g variant being developed.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline skuko

« Reply #383 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 07:44:40 »
i sure hope this will be available in EU asap :)

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #384 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 08:03:51 »

Paying:

€38,51 for the keycaps.

Here's his vendor forum

I'm also in the Netherlands, and you're right. We do get screwed over. We pay for tax in the country of origin, then we pay for shipping and after that we pay our own tax over the total price PLUS shipping, which is retarded.

you've got loads of plenty better things than stroopwafels too!

You have - Febo, and Oorlog AND AMSTERDAM.
I got boards.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #385 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 08:19:46 »

Paying:

€38,51 for the keycaps.

Here's his vendor forum

Yup. Basically we pay VAT twice over both shipping costs and retail price of the item, plus additional customs charges.

Even stroopwafels is not enough to compensate XD

Personally I would not call the FEBO a proud Dutch culinary tradition  ;D. It is kind disgusting . If you are going to eat something unhealthy, I suggest "poffertjes" instead if you are ever in Holland and want to eat something typically dutch.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #386 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 09:54:11 »

Paying:

€38,51 for the keycaps.

Here's his vendor forum

Yup. Basically we pay VAT twice over both shipping costs and retail price of the item, plus additional customs charges.

Even stroopwafels is not enough to compensate XD

Personally I would not call the FEBO a proud Dutch culinary tradition  ;D. It is kind disgusting . If you are going to eat something unhealthy, I suggest "poffertjes" instead if you are ever in Holland and want to eat something typically dutch.

I think that's why I like FEBO! Can't get anything even remotely like it here. I like poffertjes as well! and waffles, and stroopwaffles. Whenever I go to Holland all I do is eat! I am going to try and do one more trip before christmas :) The netherlands is also home of that magic device that can be used to get the last bit of sauce out of a jar, can't buy those anywhere else!
I got boards.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #387 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 11:42:42 »
^^ ^^ ^^

margo baggins

All you do is eat? I mean you're not getting stoned legally before?

I wouldn't be a broke-ass student that would be the best trip of my lyfe yo.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline jameslr

« Reply #388 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 11:57:57 »
^^ ^^ ^^

margo baggins

I'm guessing that's the reason that's all she does is eat. I think going to Holland just to get stoned is a waste, but as the old adage goes, "when in Rome...".

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #389 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 12:18:23 »
^^ ^^ ^^

margo baggins

I'm guessing that's the reason that's all she does is eat. I think going to Holland just to get stoned is a waste, but as the old adage goes, "when in Rome...".

Yeah when in Rome act like a Roman
When in Amsterdam act like Snoop Dogg

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #390 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 12:47:53 »
Haha, it does seem that Holland is a place people like to go to give into their ... ehmmm temptations. XD

And yeah, I am with you on the FEBO thing. Sometimes, things that are terrible can be sooo good.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Blusey

« Reply #391 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 14:11:21 »
Currently at the UK event i-series, while in the exhibition hall I managed to get a sneak peak at the novatouch. Looks pretty insane and it's definately going to be worth the time

Offline SigLogical

• 5 prototypes built
« Reply #392 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 17:24:36 »
The hype came early and went by. It's been a fun ride onboard the hype train but the price set on singapore dollars killed it. 
HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S

Offline jameslr

« Reply #393 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 20:45:56 »
Holy **** that stings (~$230 USD). Doesn't seem like they got the memo on pricing under $200.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #394 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 21:56:43 »
so more than 200, and does not come with premium key caps? lol they must be on geekhack a lot then, its essentially saying. "hey guys you have your own key caps anyway, and we know you will buy this"

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #395 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 21:57:33 »
Holy **** that stings (~$230 USD). Doesn't seem like they got the memo on pricing under $200.

Yeah...probably not happening for me at that price. I'll build my Kingsaver and be happy with that.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #396 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 22:13:42 »
so more than 200, and does not come with premium key caps? lol they must be on geekhack a lot then, its essentially saying. "hey guys you have your own key caps anyway, and we know you will buy this"

I probably won't.  If I'm paying that much for a topre board, I'll probably get a Realforce and just be happy with whatever caps it comes with.  Topre caps are such great quality and have a generally classy feel to them, I'll just stick with that.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #397 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 22:15:21 »
What do you think will come first?
The Alcor+ or the Novatouch?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #398 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 22:27:27 »
Didn't this list on CM's website with an MSRP of ~$199.99??

Offline Lingj

« Reply #399 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 22:37:35 »
I think I may just get an HHKB instead.