Author Topic: Originative dolch question  (Read 2124 times)

Offline rockhawksam

• I'm a big dirty **** Hawk
    • tanglingstars.com
Originative dolch question
« on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 00:47:52 »
Do originative dolch keycaps work with costar stabilizers? Also, do they look identical to the authentic dolch caps? I am thinking of getting the extension to mix with the authentic pac 62 caps to out on my filco, and I need to make sure of these two things first. Thanks!

Offline Sniping

Re: Originative dolch question
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 00:51:04 »
Your original keycaps may be a bit discolored or yellow so it might look a bit different because of that.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 00:54:05 »
If it works with Cherry stabilizers, it works with Costar stabilizers....unless something is seriously wrong.  I couldn't say if they look identical, but if someone is willing to loan me some Originative Dolch, I could tell you.

If you want an original set, I give some advice here on how to find an affordable set.

Edit:  Personally, I wouldn't buy from Originative.  Sherry is a great guy, but flaky as hell.  Until you know for sure that he's definitely back, don't buy from him...that and unless you know you'll get a perfect set, don't buy from him.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 April 2014, 01:00:24 by nubbinator »

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 00:59:01 »
"Do originative dolch keycaps work with costar stabilizers?" Yes they do. I have a GMK Dolch set on my Filco Majestouch 2 as we speak.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 01:00:20 »
'If the hole fits, then the key cap sits' - Nostradamus
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 08:12:03 »
If the keycap set was made for Cherry MX switches, then it will fit both Costar and Cherry stabilisers.

There are keys on other keyboards, such as Cherry MY, BTC rubber dome, several vintage switches etc where the 1×1 keys fit Cherry MX, but where the stabilisers are different.
🍉

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 08:27:04 »
If the keycap set was made for Cherry MX switches, then it will fit both Costar and Cherry stabilisers.

There are keys on other keyboards, such as Cherry MY, BTC rubber dome, several vintage switches etc where the 1×1 keys fit Cherry MX, but where the stabilisers are different.

Some BSP sets have problems with Costar stabs if I remember correctly.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline gotofbi

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 20:36:16 »
should be fine

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 20:37:35 »
should be fine
lol, you waited 2 years for that?
And welcome to GH
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 April 2014, 20:44:12 by hwood34 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 20:39:10 »
should be fine
lol, you waited 2 years for that?

better than nothing

and the proper response is, "Welcome to GH!"
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90