Author Topic: Same Sex Marriage  (Read 18642 times)

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Same Sex Marriage
« on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 17:42:16 »
Well, this topic's been in the news a lot recently. How do you feel about it? You think the federal government in the United States should mandate the recognition of same-sex marriage?
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
Re: Same Sex Marriage
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 17:42:56 »
No.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 17:43:51 »
Do you feel that federal recognition of same sex marriage will be harmful to the United States as a whole?
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 17:48:10 »
I think the US Govt should mandate same sex marriage.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 17:51:24 »
I still think it's pretty shameful its taken this long to even be an issue... though its cute how people use religion to defend homophobic opinions like that's a valid stance...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 17:51:53 »
Inb4 lock

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 17:52:56 »
I once heard a great piece related to this on 4chan.

"If someone makes you horny, have sex with them. It's not my business what or who you do in your free time."

I thought that that was... surprisingly profound for /b/.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 17:54:06 »

"If someone makes you horny, have sex with them. It's not my business what or who you do in your free time."

Some things that make people horny are illegal. Just saying.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 17:54:13 »

Plot twist they were probably talking about children.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 17:54:42 »
well i mean it is 4chan
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 17:55:19 »
I seriously don't understand why people even care what other people choose to do with their lives.

The most gay thing you can do is to meddle with what another man does with his body.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 17:57:32 »
I seriously don't understand why people even care what other people choose to do with their lives.

The most gay thing you can do is to meddle with what another man does with his body.

Well it's only gay if you take a hands on approach.
Also that's sexist.

Offline Cheesebaron

• blog
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 18:12:51 »
Whom someone wants to spend their life with is entirely up to them, what they do to each other with consent from both parts is also entirely up to themselves, as long as they are not breaking any laws. Why should the government dictate who they can marry and not, apart from the two parts not being the legal age? I think it is their own business. Of course they should not go around and try to "convert" people and pressure them into doing things they do not want, but otherwise I don't see any problem in same sex marriage.

I think this picture of Cartman is appropriate:

MINILA       Poker II       Model M
MX Blue      MX Blue       SSK '88

Offline eddie

• ¥¥¥¥
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 18:15:12 »
Any human should be able to marry any human with consent.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 18:24:59 »
Even themselves?
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline feizor

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 18:25:17 »
I'm all for it.

Offline eddie

• ¥¥¥¥
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 18:29:49 »
Even themselves?
Whatever works for them.   :p

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 18:31:18 »
I don't believe in Same Sex marriage. I'm fine with whoever people live with and have sex with, but marriage is something sacred to religion, and redefining that isn't right.

opinions opinions

Offline tbc

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 18:32:30 »

Some things that make people horny are illegal. Just saying.

just change it to 'mutually horny'?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Cheesebaron

• blog
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 18:32:59 »
I don't believe in Same Sex marriage. I'm fine with whoever people live with and have sex with, but marriage is something sacred to religion, and redefining that isn't right.

opinions opinions

There is also something as legal marriage.

MINILA       Poker II       Model M
MX Blue      MX Blue       SSK '88

Offline tbc

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 18:35:06 »
do usa commonlaws get tax benefits as well?  or do gay/lesbians couples even get to apply as commonlaw?

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 18:36:01 »
I don't think the government should recognize any sort of marriage. I think it should be left to the people / churches.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 20:22:31 »
Dis gun be stupid  :confused:

Prediction: People will have one of two aligning points of view on this topic and although everyone is opinionated someone will make this into a matter of fact and fights will occur.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 20:24:35 »
I don't think the government should recognize any sort of marriage. I think it should be left to the people / churches.
probably the most logical step
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 20:25:19 »

Prediction: People will have one of two aligning points of view on this topic and although everyone is opinionated someone will make this into a matter of fact and fights will occur.

I tried posting an environmental thread once it was closed within minutes, I didn't think this one would last this long

Offline rockhawksam

• I'm a big dirty **** Hawk
    • tanglingstars.com
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 20:30:33 »
Same sex marriage being legally recognized = common sense in my opinion. BTW inb4 thread locked
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 May 2014, 20:32:11 by rockhawksam »

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 20:32:49 »

...after all, we are supposed to have a separation of church and State here in the US.
SSKs for everyone!

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 20:35:03 »

Thanks for joining us captain obvious. I've prepared your table in the corner, far removed and safety tucked away from the demagoguery.
Could I interest you in our fine selection of classic rhetorical fallacies?

Offline rockhawksam

• tanglingstars.com
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 20:39:06 »

opinions opinions
It's sacred to religions, but it's not like all religions just decided that gays can't get married, so technically it would not be redefining anything. I think that marriage is not just a religious right but a human right. People do not just get married for religious reasons, it is the natural pairing up of two people and the government should not be able to restrict that. Separation of church and state and also just human rights.

Offline rockhawksam

• tanglingstars.com
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 20:40:05 »

Thanks for joining us captain obvious. I've prepared your table in the corner, far removed and safety tucked away from the demagoguery.
http://www.reddit.com/r/iamverysmart

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 20:52:26 »

opinions opinions
It's sacred to religions, but it's not like all religions just decided that gays can't get married, so technically it would not be redefining anything. I think that marriage is not just a religious right but a human right. People do not just get married for religious reasons, it is the natural pairing up of two people and the government should not be able to restrict that. Separation of church and state and also just human rights.

Basics of English Grammar

Offline rockhawksam

• tanglingstars.com
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 22:12:05 »

opinions opinions

http://www.buzzfeed.com/orlandojones/how-to-not-be-****-on-the-internet-icl1? By the way, "captain obvious" (Binge) was right. We are arguing now.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 22:20:17 »

opinions opinions

http://www.buzzfeed.com/orlandojones/how-to-not-be-****-on-the-internet-icl1? By the way, "captain obvious" (Binge) was right. We are arguing now.

Okay get in this telephone box and let's smoke weed.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 22:33:42 »
Okay get in this telephone box and let's smoke weed.

The BEST statement made today on this FORUM  :thumb: .

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 22:40:26 »

Offline Lanx

« Reply #35 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 23:42:34 »
what old ass religion, that is a religion(which is really a cult) that was first written on parchment (ghetto paper), recognizes and won't burn you at the stake for wanting gay marriage?

some are neutral, like hindu,

most are violent and want to burn you alive like islam and christianity.

if you don't believe in 3000 year old folk tales that were recently put down on paper, i don't know why anyone would be against it.

like all politicians have proved to us, the vocal majority that are against something, are usually in the closet about it.

i really don't care, i'm not going to be against it or for it, whatever adam and steve do, on adam and steve time is their own damn business, including getting married.

if they want to force the legal marriage issue, that's their right,

if however they want to force dumb ass choir boy loving priests to recognize them and perform ceremonies for them, then that's stupid.

this imo, also holds true for business' that do NOT want to deal with gay marriage.

like for instance
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/20/state-rules-oregon-bakery-that-refused-to-make-a-gay-wedding-cake-violated-lesbian-couples-civil-rights/

and here's the updated news
http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/258704731.html (different state, it's a bill)

i don't get it, if you're a family run business and i'm pretty sure most small business bakeries and family run, with their own family values, why do they HAVE to make a gay wedding cake?

why do you have to service every customer? sometimes a customer is an *******, and sometimes a customer wants you to put adam and steve on a wedding, which makes you a christian fellow, vomit twice inside.

it's not like they're actively hating on gays, they just don't want to vomit on the inside creating a cake especially for gays, pretty sure if they put out a basic wedding cake and a lesbian bought it from them, no one would care.

plus, why force the issue, goto another cake place, plus don't you have to taste the cake and talk to the baker first? i mean that's what i did for my wedding cake, we spent 2 days talking to every baker and tasting all the cake. pretty sure if an adam and steve came in for this the baker would immediately go "oh i'm christian so i won't bake you a cake"

sure!

next baker on the appointment list... you know what, let's call every baker and say "hey we're gay, is that a problem for you?"

plus this is good for business, isn't it? the next week you should see "sweet gay bakery, we bake gay cakes, all the other christians won't" and be rolling in money, might have to make a few YMCA cakes, oh well.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 00:44:14 »
Like racism, it only matters cause we still talk about it.
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline tbc

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 00:52:17 »
i think people do a lot more than talk.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 00:59:27 »
i think people do a lot more than talk.
Giggity.
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 01:17:58 »
I'm not even for any marriage
You don't love someone more because you wasted resources and shoved a ring on that person's finger and had a bunch of people look at you and a man in robes saying things
Just get together and kiss and **** or whatever, move in somewhere, why do people even care, apart from those getting together?

(aw damnit a rant on religion)
It just makes religious people look really weird, they want the dudes up there with them and God in their (gay) fanclub, not down in hell (which I'm pretty sure they don't go to for being gay thanks to something in the new testament). And Satan is actually a totes rad guy for lighting fire to criminals and ****, whilst God is totes uncool, brainwashes you so you can feel nothing bad, only happiness, but how do you know what's sweet if you haven't tasted anything else?
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 01:38:59 »

How can you offer my asylum from demagoguery if you are welcoming me to a group which offers rhetorical fallacies?

:confused:
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 01:53:46 »
i hate clocks. we should ban clocks.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 01:54:23 »
Just a heads up that this thread will be locked if it veers even slightly off-course.

State your opinions.  Argue by addressing the opinions of others calmly and clearly.  Don't bash gay people.  Don't bash religious people.  Don't bash non-gay and/or non-religious people who happen to disagree with you.

:thumb:

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 01:55:18 »
Just a heads up that this thread will be locked if it veers even slightly off-course.

State your opinions.  Argue by addressing the opinions of others calmly and clearly.  Don't bash gay people.  Don't bash religious people.  Don't bash non-gay and/or non-religious people who happen to disagree with you.

:thumb:

what about clocks?
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline tbc

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 02:32:24 »
I support hating clocks if you also include watches as clocks.  otherwise, you're a dirty watch lover.  ewwwww

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 02:44:18 »
i liek turtles

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 03:19:19 »

How can you offer my asylum from demagoguery if you are welcoming me to a group which offers rhetorical fallacies?

:confused:

Nonononono my good Sir. I'm afraid you have the wrong idea.
We're offering rhetorical fallacies as a service to you for your amusement and entertainment.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 03:21:25 »
Let me just add some real facts about gay marriage and 'the sanctimony of marriage'.
Especially as someone coming from a country where it has been legal for well over 10 years.

If anything, making gay marriage legal has preserved it. Notice the large dip in both 2002 and 2003?
It would be easier to attribute divorce rates to the economic situations than to this.

/thread
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 03:24:54 »
Let me just add some real facts about gay marriage and 'the sanctimony of marriage'.
Especially as someone coming from a country where it has been legal for well over 10 years.

Show Image

If anything, making gay marriage legal has preserved it. Notice the large dip in both 2002 and 2003?
It would be easier to attribute divorce rates to the economic situations than to this.

/thread

That's a great graph! I love facts!
Clearly the looming, pressing and immediate threat of terrorism instilled the fear of God in all of us.
I'm glad UBL is dead now.
Now we don't have to fear divine retribution for divorces.
Thank Go...  I mean goodness!
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 May 2014, 03:27:48 by the1onewolf »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 03:30:08 »