Author Topic: GMK DOLCH [COMPLETE]  (Read 2122051 times)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Re: GMK DOLCH [CLOSED, Invoicing complete]
« Reply #850 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 21:51:34 »
It seems like the 'IN' thing to do...

Paid!!!  :P

side note: i really appreciate the reasonable shipping rates that Ivan offers.  thanks dude, much appreciated...

Offline Chonzer

« Reply #851 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 22:24:29 »
Paid!!
As some others have already said, thanks for the great shipping fees. $15 to Australia is great compared to what it would normally come to.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #852 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 22:24:34 »

side note: i really appreciate the reasonable shipping rates that Ivan offers.  thanks dude, much appreciated...

Yeah I was confused at first. Very fair price. I figured at least the price of a small flat rate box in the states. I guess US orders are going out first class in bubble wrappers?

Offline zzoroda

« Reply #853 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 22:35:32 »
Invoiced paid, and thanks for the reasonable shipping fee $14 to South Korea. ^^

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #854 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 22:44:44 »

Yeah I was confused at first. Very fair price. I figured at least the price of a small flat rate box in the states. I guess US orders are going out first class in bubble wrappers?

I am not sure.  I am in Canada, so I am pretty used to getting racked by the mail system.  I was very happy with that price though.  Even with the 4$ GB fee, shipping and handling was less than most GBs.  Much Respect...

Offline ryptide11

« Reply #855 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 23:20:40 »
Paid. Thank you.

Offline xauser

« Reply #856 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 04:13:47 »
Invoice paid, thank you!

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #857 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 04:44:05 »
Paid!

I think one reason people post just to say they have paid is so that they have a record in the thread that they did. Another good thing is that it reminds people that payments are coming in and perhaps encourages people to go ahead and pay.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #858 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 05:42:22 »
Paid!

I think one reason people post just to say they have paid is so that they have a record in the thread that they did. Another good thing is that it reminds people that payments are coming in and perhaps encourages people to go ahead and pay.

Unfortunately Ivan keeps it all quiet so you never know if the payments are coming in.  Also no way of knowing who is paying and who is not.  I use to remember people kept lists of the ones who haven't paid and those that have, hence that was the encouragement for everyone to pay up as soon as possible.  That List System did work effectively for some years now just wondered why it was abandoned so quickly?

I think Ivan should put that into action here otherwise 6 months from NOW - he might still be waiting for payments to come in which means GMK will also be waiting as well  ::) .
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 July 2014, 05:44:17 by Elrick »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #859 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 09:19:20 »
No, there is a payment deadline of 15 July. If they haven't paid their **** gets cancelled and they don't get anything. I think that is a pretty good incentive.

Shipping goes out in firstclass in bubble mailer by default as it is least expensive and for the most part just as good as priority.

CANCELLATIONS - You can cancel it yourself, with the cancel button on the invoice. Please use this method as it decreases the necessary steps considerably as you don't have to message me, I don't have to log in and open your invoice and etc.

NO INVOICE? PM me with: The items and quantities you want, your email address, your real name and mailing address (and telephone if outside USA).

Offline Battou62

« Reply #860 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 10:24:05 »
Got it Ivan, thanks. Paid :)

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #861 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 10:57:46 »
Happy to get the invoice. All paid up now.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #862 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 11:35:59 »
Paid.

Offline Noko

• jolonarr: a tough dude who takes no esses!
  • * Maker
    • Noko's Leatherworks
« Reply #863 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 13:51:52 »
Paid, thanks again.
Noko's Leatherworks - Handmade Custom Leather Wrist Rests -  http://www.noko.ca

Sales Thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51762.0
Build Log: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47704.0

Offline elton5354

« Reply #864 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 14:26:06 »
nevermind

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #865 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 20:56:00 »
No, there is a payment deadline of 15 July. If they haven't paid their **** gets cancelled and they don't get anything. I think that is a pretty good incentive.

Got ya  :thumb: .  Pretty good incentive here even for me to meet this deadline before another great GMK set disappears off the landscape.  Hence everyone that decides to jump ship now hoping there will be another Dolch Group Buy, it won't be for this year or next.

In fact I have no idea if Ivan will ever run another Dolch GB ever again.........

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #866 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 22:30:55 »
Hey Ivan, if you'll need any help with packing and shipping these, let me know.  I'm more than happy to stop down and spend some time helping.  Only downside is I'm a little bit further away now, but that's no issue for me.  Now I have weekends free, so I'm good to go.  I'll just need to be extra careful to avoid those pesky birds.   :))   Anyway, open offer to help.   :thumb:

Now to go pay this invoice!

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #867 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 22:46:51 »
Hey Ivan, if you'll need any help with packing and shipping these, let me know.  I'm more than happy to stop down and spend some time helping.  Only downside is I'm a little bit further away now, but that's no issue for me.  Now I have weekends free, so I'm good to go.  I'll just need to be extra careful to avoid those pesky birds.   :))   Anyway, open offer to help.   :thumb:

Good men :thumb:

Offline Sempre

« Reply #868 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 00:49:54 »
Paid! Thanks Ivan

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #869 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 00:57:31 »

Thanks for offering your help again HoffmanMyster!

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #870 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 02:16:58 »

Lad.  :)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline sheknet

« Reply #871 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 03:13:52 »
Paid thanks!

Offline mickd

« Reply #872 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 04:42:05 »
Paid! Thanks Ivan.

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #873 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 06:03:18 »
Can I please join? I will pay immediately. I want the Base Set. Please...

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #874 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 07:17:48 »
Can I please join? I will pay immediately. I want the Base Set. Please...

I doubt you can join now, however you may be able to take someone else's order if they don't pay up on time.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #875 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 08:13:05 »
Paid, excited for some new Dolch goodies.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #876 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 11:04:13 »
btw for production/lead times, i dunno if GMK goes on Holiday in August, but i pretty much just assume all of europe takes the month off in August for holiday/vacation

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #877 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 12:12:42 »
btw for production/lead times, i dunno if GMK goes on Holiday in August, but i pretty much just assume all of europe takes the month off in August for holiday/vacation
A whole moth, the entire company? Thats crazy. Does everyone save up. What about stores and all that, they get shafted and have to work?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #878 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 12:22:59 »
A whole moth, the entire company? Thats crazy. Does everyone save up. What about stores and all that, they get shafted and have to work?

It's vacation time, so I would think they're still paid.  I assume that "essentials" like food stores would stay open, perhaps at reduced hours?  No idea, I'm not from there, but that would seem reasonable to me. 

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #879 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 12:27:07 »

It's vacation time, so I would think they're still paid.  I assume that "essentials" like food stores would stay open, perhaps at reduced hours?  No idea, I'm not from there, but that would seem reasonable to me.
And I thought it was just school teachers who lived the good life during summer.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #880 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 12:40:46 »

Why would you assume this?

This is not Chinese New Year. It's just the holiday season which means a couple of workers might not be there. Every company bigger than 3 people will make sure that at least half of the employees are still working.

I doubt this will affect our order in any significant way...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #881 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 12:42:58 »

This is not Chinese New Year. It's just the holiday season which means a couple of workers might not be there. Every company bigger than 3 people will make sure that at least half of the employees are still working.

I've worked for companies that either buy from or sell to large German companies, and I remember we basically had to plan on not being able to communicate with them during that month. 

* HoffmanMyster shrugs

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #882 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 12:45:39 »
People will still be working though some people will be gone. Say half the important people you want to talk to? It's just that whenever people can, they will relax more. So when the hard work is done they will go outside and have a beer instead of jump behind the PC to check their mail.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #883 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 12:49:27 »

I base this on my job which deals with factories and manufacturing plants throughout Europe. Again maybe gmk differs from the factories I'm dealing with, but all my customers are rushing to get their orders shipped b4 august, and all new orders won't start production until end of august.

Like Hoffman said above, you basically are unable to get in contact with anyone during this time

Offline Battou62

« Reply #884 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 13:10:17 »

Yup, we living in the wrong country mang. Them yurups get a lot more time off than we do. They call it "Holiday" and they really do just disappear for a month.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #885 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 13:16:06 »
Interesting how my perception as a German totally differs from yours :p

Just for the record. I have 30 days of paid vacation per year plus ~7 national holidays or something. But I only can take days off, if there is somebody who takes care of my most important tasks during my absence (usually a co-worker).

I guess it's the same at GMK. I can't imagine they stop production at all. Would be too inefficent to not use the machines.

Offline Battou62

« Reply #886 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 13:19:45 »

Just for the record. I have 30 days of paid vacation per year plus ~7 national holidays or something. But I only can take days off, if there is somebody who takes care of my most important tasks during my absence (usually a co-worker).

I guess it's the same at GMK. I can't imagine they stop production at all. Would be too inefficent to not use the machines.

10 days of paid vacation + holidays. F**king Wankers! :)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #887 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 13:26:00 »

How long have you been working for?  That's insane.   :eek:

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #888 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 13:55:33 »

again i said i dunno at GMK but you've never heard of BMW or Mercedies summer holiday shutdown for a few weeks on production lines?
I mean this past year they didn't, but it was done before in the past.

Do you work in a production plant btw?  I ask because again im talking about my personal dealings with production plants.  My agents always have people covering others during the summer holiday/vacation times, but at the plants there's literally no way to communicate.

Either way we're all speculating until someone (Ivan) actually asks GMK on this case.

BSP in Denmark closed for holiday. if we are to believe the scammer kboardvintage's BSP GB attempt.

Offline shadewolf

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #889 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 13:58:59 »
Paid!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #890 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 14:42:42 »
I seem to recall there might have been some mention of a delay in August because holiday if the order wasn't in by X date. Can't seem to find the mail with this though. Either way, maybe will add a couple week which is still much shorter than we are used to in most non GMK buys anyway.

Offline tribade

« Reply #891 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 15:13:25 »
Paid!  Thanks for running the GB Ivan!  Can't wait!
KMAC mini w/ blacks | Realforce 87uw 55g w/ Digil0g case | KMAC w/ blacks | Duck Viper w/ clears

"Te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est."

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #892 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 15:25:49 »

How long have you been working for?  That's insane.   :eek:

These numbers include both mandatory vacation and public holidays. [...]
CEPR reports that the United States is the only nation among advanced economies that does not provide a legal guarantee of paid leave.
Source
You live in the wrong country man. :P

Those days are the legal obligatory holidays. Even as a starter.
The company still has to keep running so usually they spread it out over the year. People without children for example often go on vacation outside of the tourist season, like september or so.
And often you can use overtime for extra days or have it add to your paycheck.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 July 2014, 15:32:16 by JaccoW »
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #893 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 15:37:22 »
Hmm, I'm still unclear on if that's just your vacation days (you pick when you take off) or including national holidays (the government picks for you).  If you count both, I technically get 20 paid days off.  But I only get 10 vacation days.

Looks like it's time to move to Ireland!  (I really wouldn't mind, even without the vacation days...   :rolleyes:  )

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #894 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 16:11:59 »
Hmm, I'm still unclear on if that's just your vacation days (you pick when you take off) or including national holidays (the government picks for you).  If you count both, I technically get 20 paid days off.  But I only get 10 vacation days.

Looks like it's time to move to Ireland!  (I really wouldn't mind, even without the vacation days...   :rolleyes:  )
Redhead, redheads everywhere! :P

Those are just the vacation days. As a Dutchman for example I have 20 working days (4 weeks) + 9 public holidays.
Not me though. I have a 0-hour contract and can just plan my vacation whenever I want. It's just that if I leave for a long period of time they will ask you to quit.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #895 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 16:31:54 »
Redhead, redheads everywhere! :P

I wouldn't mind that!  ;)

Those are just the vacation days. As a Dutchman for example I have 20 working days (4 weeks) + 9 public holidays.
Not me though. I have a 0-hour contract and can just plan my vacation whenever I want. It's just that if I leave for a long period of time they will ask you to quit.

Dang.  That's crazy.  I still don't understand how you people make money! :P

Offline xandr

« Reply #896 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 16:35:59 »
Well, in Ireland it depends on the company you work for and the job you do.

I get 25 vacation days - well actually, I get 200 hours which on an 8 hour shift effectively means 25 days - but since I'm doing customer support for a service that's running 24/7, I don't get to stay at home during public holidays. I do get extra pay if that public holiday falls on a day where I'm scheduled for work though.
Sprit 60% w/MX Clear in DuckMini V2 case | Matias Quiet Pro (office)

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #897 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 18:20:20 »
I got no invoice!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #898 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 18:32:18 »
BTW, Geekkeys is offering GMK, RGBY modifiers:

http://www.geekkeys.com/gmk-rgby-doubleshot-keyset/

Might be great to pair with this GMK Dolch set. I just picked a set up, and they're only $1 more than the GB price when they were around last time.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #899 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 19:01:34 »
I got no invoice!!!

FFS, just PM Ivan...
<<< Click to view