Author Topic: Would this work?  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Bludude4

Would this work?
« on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 11:46:51 »
So I have a QuickFire Rapid at home, and I find all black keycaps really boring, so I was wondering if this :

http://bit.ly/1lgrXPb

would be compatible with the QRF, and if not, are there any options within that page that I would have to edit at all?

Thanks for the help, (directed at anyone that responds to this).

-Blu
All hail Hall Effect keyboards!
I'm a QFR Blues noob.
WASD keycaps are terrible.

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
Re: Would this work?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 11:47:43 »
Don't see why not?

Offline blackbox

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 12:23:15 »
As seen in the compability list these are compatible since they both use standard keycap sizing.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/keycap-compatibility
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline Kayla

• :3
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 12:24:15 »
As long as its not the quickfire tk you're good with standard sets.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 08:03:40 »
When I follow the link it goes the keyboard page... Did you mean to rather link to the keycaps page?

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keycap-set/87-key-cherry-mx-keycap-set.html#ad-image-0

As others have said, the QuickFire Rapid has standard layout, so any standard layout sets will fit including the WASD sets.

There are lots of other options, too. Take a look in the Group Buys and Classified sections to see what others are buying / selling. Some great sets out there (such as the GMK Dolch set Ivan is organising a Group Buy for.... see my signature for link).
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 June 2014, 08:05:39 by Oobly »
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Bludude4

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 16:32:37 »
Thing is, I can't do group buys yet; I'm fairly new.
I'm a QFR Blues noob.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 16:39:01 »
These keys would fit for sure on your keyboard! How come you don´t want to participate in group buys? :)
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 17:21:28 »

Are you planning on starting your own GB, or participating in an existing one?

With moderator permission you could probably start your own GB, but you might be struggling to find participants as you do not have a proven track record in the community.

As for participating in an existing GB, I have seen many people make their first post in GB threads.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Bludude4

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 19:22:25 »
These keys would fit for sure on your keyboard! How come you don´t want to participate in group buys? :)

Isn't there a rule that you have to have x number of posts or something before you can participate in group buys?
I'm a QFR Blues noob.

Offline Bludude4

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 19:23:49 »
As seen in the compability list these are compatible since they both use standard keycap sizing.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/keycap-compatibility

Yes that sorry, there must have been something wrong with the link, because I checked it before on my computer, but...yea that link haha.
I'm a QFR Blues noob.

Offline Bludude4

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 19:24:35 »
Thank you all for the information, it is greatly appreciated!

:D
I'm a QFR Blues noob.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 19:26:50 »

Isn't there a rule that you have to have x number of posts or something before you can participate in group buys?

No - some people have made their first post on GH by participating in a GB!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Bludude4

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 19:29:53 »
Oh, okay.  Cool! Thanks.
I'm a QFR Blues noob.