Author Topic: It has come to this  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Blaskkaffe

It has come to this
« on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 03:03:37 »
Are there really no good computer mouses (or is it mice?)

When it comes to keyboards there are several that falls into my liking. filco majestouch, ducky G2 pro, ducky shine (with pbt keys, i hate the transparent ones), leopold and lots and lots more.

But with mouses its diferent, there are few high quality mouses that are small and almost none that doesnt have that awfull soft-touch rubber coating that makes my hands sweat and the mouse gets hard to clean and looks awfull after a while.

Right now I'm using a Dell ms111, a pretty standard mouse, except for that it is comfortable, good looking and doesn't feel like cheap plastic (it has a rough surface that I like).  :thumb:

The only other mouse i have tried that i like as much (more comfortable and better sensor) is the logitech G100S. BUT IT LOOKS LIKE ****!  :eek:

I love the looks of the Mionix Naos series but the softtouch coating make me hate it.

Does anyone know any other nice mice that is not huge, no soft-touch or rubber and preferrably black  :D

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Re: It has come to this
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 05:08:54 »
Exactly my thoughts. Years ago I had a Logitech G5, today my main driver is the Logitech G400s which I really really like. It has Omron buttons, also for the side buttons. I thought about bying Roccat, but they just feel poorly constructed IMHO (went to a shop and felt/saw them all). Then I thought about the Logitech G700s, but it has a conductor (if I recall correctly) that makeas a high-pitched noise. So now I am using the G400s. Also note how 'gaming mice' more often than not do not allow you to adjust the DPI continuously (fortunaly, the G400s does allow this).
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline Blaskkaffe

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 05:25:45 »
Exactly! the G400 is one of the few mouses that got all that i want, except it has one flaw. It does not fit my hand very bad (well none of logitech's ergonomically shaped mouses does) ! :(

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 05:32:00 »
Currently I am using the Razer Naga Epic.  It comes with interchangeable side plates on the right side that accomodate common grip types.  I use a claw grip and the middle width side works best.  My reason for buying this one was for the 12 buttons on the side as I play MMO's 90% of the time.  And I didn't like the shape of the buttons on the Logitech version with that many buttons.  This mouse can be used either wireless or wired.  Though i am not sure on the adjustments for DPI as I set and forget.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 05:40:50 »
I use a Naos 5k and it's probably my favorite current mouse, but you are spot on about the rubber coating. What's supposed to increase your grip instead causes you to sweat and inevitably get you grody human essence all in the nooks and crannies of the tech.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 18:19:55 »
Exactly my thoughts. Years ago I had a Logitech G5, today my main driver is the Logitech G400s which I really really like. It has Omron buttons, also for the side buttons. I thought about bying Roccat, but they just feel poorly constructed IMHO (went to a shop and felt/saw them all). Then I thought about the Logitech G700s, but it has a conductor (if I recall correctly) that makeas a high-pitched noise. So now I am using the G400s. Also note how 'gaming mice' more often than not do not allow you to adjust the DPI continuously (fortunaly, the G400s does allow this).
I've had two G700's (one of the first and one of the later ones) and neither made any noise.

I don't like the styling and the feel could be better, but it's a good mouse I.M.O.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion