Author Topic: [PCCG] Ducky Mini coming soon  (Read 3917 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline calavera

Re: [PCCG] Ducky Mini coming soon
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 03:16:20 »

Pretty dope.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 23:26:10 »
Still don't get this serious interest in tiny keyboards  ::) ?

What's wrong with the traditional TKL which is way more comfortable to use, either you guys will start wanting to use Casio Wristwatches (remember them with the Calculator function - tiny keyboard) :thumb: .

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 01:02:45 »
I don't miss TKL, with the right mods turned into arrow keys I have everything I need.

Probably not interested in the Mini as I need a short right shift but I'll be picking up a couple of those bags when I have the cash.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 01:49:30 »
Still don't get this serious interest in tiny keyboards  ::) ?

What's wrong with the traditional TKL which is way more comfortable to use, either you guys will start wanting to use Casio Wristwatches (remember them with the Calculator function - tiny keyboard) :thumb: .

A serious amount of desk space recovered when I switch from full size to 60% board.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 01:50:55 »
I just can't get over that terrible case
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 01:57:37 »

Aluminium + plastic = the aluminium look and feel without the cost of an entire case made of aluminium.

Plus the reduction in weight from the plastic bit in the middle make it more portable, without sacrificing the weight and solidity of the aluminium bits.

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 02:46:00 »

Aluminium + plastic = the aluminium look and feel without the cost of an entire case made of aluminium.

Plus the reduction in weight from the plastic bit in the middle make it more portable, without sacrificing the weight and solidity of the aluminium bits.
I just think it looks really ugly.  It looks like they started a wristpad thing and just kinda gaveup halfway through.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 03:08:34 »
I like the way it has a completely standard layout - 1.25x modifiers and so on.  At least it will make it easier to replace the keycaps.

Offline remdell

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 12:46:10 »
It's not that bad, but I'm not sure how I feel about a left USB port.  They state it is so the keyboard can sit closely to a laptop, but they should know better than to only cater to laptop users.  Like many people, I usually place my PC tower to the right of my desk.  I want to say they should have minimized the bezels, but have JoshMK has contradicted himself otherwise (he didn't like the keyboard when he saw it online) when he was able to try out the keyboard himself: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=58680.0

Rukia PC | RF87U Digilog | Norbaforce MKII Palm Desert | Zenith ZKB-2R | Datadesk MAC-101

Offline sacratoy

• Twitch
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 16:12:46 »
Just posted over in the MK.com vendor forum asking if they'll be carrying them soon. For $129 and $16 for a case, I'd rather throw this keyboard around during my travels than my considerably more expensive Poker II (with it's alu case and fancy keycaps). >.>
Poker II

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 18:33:11 »
Just posted over in the MK.com vendor forum asking if they'll be carrying them soon. For $129 and $16 for a case, I'd rather throw this keyboard around during my travels than my considerably more expensive Poker II (with it's alu case and fancy keycaps). >.>

Pretty sure they already have them on preorder also.

Offline sacratoy

• Twitch
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 20:29:33 »

Pretty sure they already have them on preorder also.

You speak truth. I must have missed that news.
Poker II

Offline cribbit

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 20:34:40 »
It just says "Cherry mechanical switches" any idea what colors will be offered?

I typed this post on my Slanck. I also developed a stronger, cleaner, easier handwiring method.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 20:37:12 »
It just says "Cherry mechanical switches" any idea what colors will be offered?

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=58680.msg1408796#msg1408796

I guess that would apply to PCCG too.