Author Topic: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (GET YOUR WALLET! - GB LIVE SEPT 8th 12:00 PST)  (Read 103252 times)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
To clarify this sittuation even more, here are a few emails between me and Hashbaz, since Olimitto development.

I showed him pictures and asked for permission to use the legends. He then answered:

"This looks great.  Typically the only thing I ask in return for using the legends is that any new legends that you create get contributed back into the set so that others can use them in the future.  Does that work for you?

Novelty keys like the bullhorn Caps Lock aren't really relevant to the Cherry font, so you would retain rights to those.  But others like the symbol-only modifiers (backspace, enter, and the shifts) would be great to have available for future Cherry Replica group buys.  Your mockup also shows a non-standard modifier kit with centered, all-capital text.  Are you planning to get all those legends made, or will the standard Cherry replica modifiers work?

P.S. I am hashbaz on the forum in case you weren't in on the joke earlier. :)"

I answered:

Hello hash!

I designed some of these icons and I'd be glad to see people using them in future sets. Definitely, no problem. The all center capital text mods you saw came from an idea I had a while ago when I saw the Penumbra Set. Do you think SP will be able to produce them? Because they use the Cherry font, as they are text only. I'd like the Cherry Replica font to be applied on the Base Mods (which are text-mods that I mentioned above), Alphas, Function-Row, Shift, Enter and Backspace. But I'm not really sure how the arrows look like in reality. I tried to recreate something similar to these arrows, not imitate them. You can see what I'm talking about on the Enter arrow, because it's "L" shaped arrow and I love it. Don't know if the original Cherry has a "L" shaped arrow on enter. Anyway, I'm totally with you about these icons. I suspected you were the super cool John, but my Internet is down and I couldn't reply!

Well, pleasure to meet you.

"MiTo" aka Lyqu1d @ /r/MK

He responded:

Sorry for not getting back to you again sooner.  Replies inline below...

-SPECIFICS DETAILS ABOUT THE SET HIDDEN BECAUSE IT'S IRRELEVANT-

Again, I'm happy to create the SVG files necessary to create any new legends you need that have the Cherry font look and feel, provided that they new relevant stuff gets added to the Cherry font for future use.  Just let me know what you need.

I said:

Thank you for the answer John. The thing is I already have everything in .svg!  Somebody sent me a zip file with all the Cherry Replica fonts like 15 days ago or something and I used it to create this set. I'm waiting for Melissa to answer my emails regarding the Olimitto and the PuLSE Keyset. Profile, material, which keys will need new molds... I'm running down 2 ICs at the moment on GeekHack. One for Olimitto and the other one for PuLSE and both of them share a few novelty keys. Maybe this could reduce the costs. Check this out.

PuLSE: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=61822.0
Olimitto: http://m.imgur.com/a/L0KsC

Peace.

Hashbaz last reply:

Ok then.  I would really like a copy of the SVGs that you made (just the Cherry font ones, not the novelties), and again just to verify, you are OK with these being made a part of the font for use by anyone right?

And I replied:

Absolutely John, I'll send you the files as soon as I get home. Don't worry! Please, specify the Cherry Font ones I'll need to share.

Thank you,

Rick

Below, my last email to Melissa:

Melissa,

People at GeekHack demanded that the legends (not the novelties) should be put under the rights of hashbaz aka John. Is that alright?

Thanks.

AND SHE REPLIED INSTANTLY:

Problem solved? Can we PLEASE talk about the keyset now?
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 August 2014, 18:16:42 by MiTo »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
i still think this keyset is just inverted midnight

"It's SA"

i don't like SA at all, it's too tall and ugly

"but you liked midnight!"

quite the opposite

I'm gonna have to take a hard pass on this one, it's real gross
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
i still think this keyset is just inverted midnight

"It's SA"

i don't like SA at all, it's too tall and ugly

"but you liked midnight!"

quite the opposite

I'm gonna have to take a hard pass on this one, it's real gross

Midnight is not SA.

PuLSE colors/design have nothing to do with Midnight and I can prove that one more time (I already did it on /r/MK) if you want to.

Feel free to hard pass!

You are free to think it's gross, but at least 120 guys disagree with you.

EDIT: I decided to actually prove that this set has nothing  to do with Midnight Keyset right now because I can see the acusations that probably will come after TacticalStache reply.

Here's what I used to design my keyset. A picture of my program screen

and my source of inspiration

Also I used a few more icons that I designed by myself that are featured on the Olimitto Teaser (which is also my creation). I don't care if people play on GiMP or whatever program to make my set look like Midnight (you can use the hue to make them look like but the colors won't ever match). If you are here to hate, please quit. And I won't tolerate acusations of copying from other designers because I  spend hours doing my own stuff. Keysets are a small part of them.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 August 2014, 19:10:13 by MiTo »

Offline Data

This thread got weird.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
This thread got weird.

I'll create another thread and it will be on the GroupBuy subforum. Me and BunnyLake created a lot of confusion here (already PMd him because fighting won't take us anywhere, I apologized and hopefully he will take it) and I believe that the PuLSE project gotta keep going. 

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
aside from everything else with the shape and profile of SA caps will cherry legends look right on them?

Yes.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
This thread got weird.

I'll create another thread and it will be on the GroupBuy subforum. Me and BunnyLake created a lot of confusion here (already PMd him because fighting won't take us anywhere, I apologized and hopefully he will take it) and I believe that the PuLSE project gotta keep going.

shouldnt this go into the signature plastics sub forum, i was of the understanding this was part of the pimpmykeyboard platform and not a gb
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
This thread got weird.

shouldnt this go into the signature plastics sub forum, i was of the understanding this was part of the pimpmykeyboard platform and not a gb

I already submitted a new thread on GBs sub and I'm waiting approval. Should I move it to the SP sub? I believe that GBs is the right place to post it since it's a GroupBuy and it needs massive support. I can change it though, no problem, anybody else recommend me to do that? Mods?
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 August 2014, 19:20:29 by MiTo »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
This thread got weird.

I already submitted a new thread on GB and it is yet to be approved. Should I go for the SP sub? I believe that GBs is the right place to post it since it's a GroupBuy and it needs a massive support.

well people will argue semantics, but im not sure a manufacturer selling individual sets to people but having a minimum amount of orders to cover their own setup costs is technically a groupbuy

it is my understanding that the gb section is for an individual, coordinating the community to make a purchase from a manufacturer that we wouldnt be able to do individually

however, the manufacturer in this case have their own subforum, for people to advertise the designs that are on the manufacturors pimpmykeyboard platform

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
This thread got weird.

I already submitted a new thread on GB and it is yet to be approved. Should I go for the SP sub? I believe that GBs is the right place to post it since it's a GroupBuy and it needs a massive support.

well people will argue semantics, but im not sure a manufacturer selling individual sets to people but having a minimum amount of orders to cover their own setup costs is technically a groupbuy

it is my understanding that the gb section is for an individual, coordinating the community to make a purchase from a manufacturer that we wouldnt be able to do individually

however, the manufacturer in this case have their own subforum, for people to advertise the designs that are on the manufacturors pimpmykeyboard platform

This is true.  It's a little confusing for some, as the group buys run through SP used to be in the GB subforum.  But now that they have their own system that runs everything, and they do all the organizing, these are really SP's products and belong in their vendor subforum.  Honestly, every GB "needs massive support", so that's rather irrelevant.  The main point here is that this is run by SP.  If you, on the other hand, set up a system to collect orders and submitted a big order to SP yourself, sorted the caps, and shipped them, that would belong in the GB subforum.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
This thread got weird.

This is true.  It's a little confusing for some, as the group buys run through SP used to be in the GB subforum.  But now that they have their own system that runs everything, and they do all the organizing, these are really SP's products and belong in their vendor subforum.  Honestly, every GB "needs massive support", so that's rather irrelevant.  The main point here is that this is run by SP.  If you, on the other hand, set up a system to collect orders and submitted a big order to SP yourself, sorted the caps, and shipped them, that would belong in the GB subforum.

I'll submit it on the SP sub then. Sincerely, you're right because I didn't even noticed SP had their own sub here.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
[GB] PuLSE SA Keyset (LAST DAY TO VOTE - WE'RE READY!)
« Reply #161 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 19:36:16 »
MOD NOTE: This begins the posts from the GB thread that was created during IC phase and therefore merged with this IC thread.  Please note the reply title to determine which thread the posts on the following few pages come from, as it can be confusing given the merged threads.

NEWS AND QUESTIONS BELOW! BOLD ARE BREAKING NEWS.

EDIT: We are very close to the end guys! We've got got until Aug. 27th to vote and I believe that at this point, our project is good to go.

ESTIMATED PRICES BELOW:

VOTE HERE, 150 VOTES UNTIL WEDNESDAY!
http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/pulse-keyset/

Let's blow this vote button! Estimated GB launch September 8th - source: Melissa @ PimpMyKeyboard.com

KEYSET PRESENTATION BELOW!

Hello GeekHack.

I'm Lyqu1d from /r/MK and I came here to present you guys an electric feeling keyset. The PuLSE Keyset. It brings the contrast between a shocking blue tone and a dark grey tone, over ABS DoubleShots keycaps, on the SA 3-1-2-3-4-3 profile. If there's enough interest, I'll run a group buy with Signature Plastics, /r/MK, deskthority and you guys.

Base Set - SHIFT KEYS ARE ROW 3

F-Row Stripe

Novelties

60% Stripe

ISO Pack

Numpack

Tsangan

Halfadox

Blanks

PuLSE Keyset Overview w/ Novelties and F-Row Stripe

Profile Overview

Shocking.

I hope y'all like it,

MiTo, aka Lyqu1d @ /r/MK
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 August 2014, 22:03:23 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline Emmiya

Assuming all the logistics work out following that ****-storm in the IC thread, i'm definitely in for Alpha, Mod, Novelty & Tsangan.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Soooo...

Will these have sculpted rows, i.e. 3-1-2-3-4-3 profiles, or what? Uniform Row-3? People are voting for the set on PMK, and they don't even know what they're voting for.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Soooo...

Will these have sculpted rows, i.e. 3-1-2-3-4-3 profiles, or what? Uniform Row-3? People are voting for the set on PMK, and they don't even know what they're voting for.

That's why an interest check should run for more than 5 days.

And people really need to stop and think before throwing money around.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
That said, hashbaz is still the Cherry Replica Font holder and I've got the polished design (and files) featuring custom "Cherry Replica" icons. I believe we both could hold these files and then provide permission for others to use it in future projects.

He said they could both own them.
Crowd source it and add it to the repository [in hashbaz dropbox?]

i dont think you get how it works, we are not talking about files here

these are physical things, that a person owns

he is referring to the files used to make them

I understood nearly perfectly.
I knew MiTo was talking about his drawings, and I knew we're talking about molds.
I was misinformed in thinking that hashbaz dropbox was somehow representative of their ownership of the molds.

In regards to the sub forum the GB belongs in,
everything about Nuclear Data is rubbing me the wrong way.
Did that buy really get to stay in the GB thread because Samwisekoi[admin] didn't know the rules?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Did that buy really get to stay in the GB thread because Samwisekoi[admin] didn't know the rules?

Who asked for your idiot opinion here in the FIRST place?

What sam wants to do with HIS group buy is his choice NOT YOURS.  Maybe you just need to bud out and leave people alone instead of trying to flame a non-existent issue with your own stupid understanding of the so-called rules, relating to his own GB.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
I am out of town and just now catching up on this thread.  Looks like things have settled in the right place, but just for the sake of total clarity, this is my take:

SVGs - Bunny is correct that having a copy of the SVGs is meaningless.  It's the physical molds that SP creates from the SVGs that matters.  These molds are kept at SP but belong to a particular person, and their use requires the permission of that person.

The dropbox link where I had a zip file of the Cherry SVGs is not intended to be a repository.  I put it there when someone asked if they could have a copy of the SVGs a few weeks ago, and just forgot to take it down (it's been taken down now).  In general I would appreciate it if those of you who have a copy of the SVGs would not distribute them, but rather refer interested parties to me.  I have no intention of withholding them from anyone, but I like to keep a handle on the ongoing Cherry Replica projects so I can ensure that the set remains a cohesive whole.

Ownership - My understanding is that all the legends that make up the Cherry font are in my name, including those that Bunny and others have had made for their sets.  Bunny, correct me if I'm wrong here on the point of technical ownership.  Regardless, the important thing is that the Cherry Replica font is available in its entirety as a unit, and that there is a single point of entry (i.e., me) for using it.

Use of the Cherry Font - The font is available for anyone from any community to use.  The only reason that I require people to seek my permission for its use is so that I can impose the policy that new, relevant legends get contributed back into the set for use in the future without condition or tracking down multiple owners.  If I ever exit the keyboard community I will hand off ownership of the Cherry Font to a new custodian who will continue to implement the same policy.

For example, the centered, capital Cherry modifiers from the Olimitto keyset would all be new, relevant legends and will need to be incorporated into the Cherry Font if they end up being produced.

Novelty legends - To be clear, I don't care about the bullhorn legend and other novelty keys or keyset-specific logo keys, etc.  Ownership of those types of legends naturally falls to the group buy organizer.  The only stuff that gets incorporated into the Cherry Font are the "relevant" legends -- i.e., those with the Cherry look and feel.

SA legends - If the economics of getting the Cherry legends cut in SA profile work out, that is fantastic.  I think we are all on the same page now, but again just to be clear, these SA legends should be considered part of the Cherry Replica font and should be in my name.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 August 2014, 01:34:23 by hashbaz »

Offline taylordcraig

Who asked for your idiot opinion here in the FIRST place?

What sam wants to do with HIS group buy is his choice NOT YOURS.  Maybe you just need to bud out and leave people alone instead of trying to flame a non-existent issue with your own stupid understanding of the so-called rules, relating to his own GB.

Hi Elrick. You're always really vocal.
Nuclear Data is being run on PMK.
Therefore it belongs in the SP subforums.
This isn't my understanding of the rules, it is the rules.
Thanks for your time.

Offline Data

Soooo...

It's still only an interest check on PMK, with nearly 2 weeks before the GB launch.  Nobody's throwing money around just yet.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Soooo...

It's still only an interest check on PMK, with nearly 2 weeks before the GB launch.  Nobody's throwing money around just yet.

Then why does this thread need to exist? It would make much more sense to continue all discussion in the interest check thread instead of having a group buy thread already.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 August 2014, 09:22:18 by SpAmRaY »

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
Soooo...

Then why does this thread need to exist? It would make much more sense to continue all discussion in the interest check thread instead of having a group buy thread already.

Because I believe the IC thread was being filled with extraneous posts not related to interest in the set, so OP decided to create a fresh thread just for interest/eventual GB.

Which isn't going too well so far, but whatever...
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline taylordcraig

Also not to be rude,
but assume Hashbaz died tomorrow.
Does SP now own the molds? [Honestly curious, we should be protecting our investment as a community.

Offline divito

Also not to be rude,
but assume Hashbaz died tomorrow.
Does SP now own the molds? [Honestly curious, we should be protecting our investment as a community.

Barring something not already being arranged, I imagine that GH's relationship with SP would allow for some sort of favorable resolution to such an issue.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
Make the rows like the Commando 23 set, and also add on an 1800 compatibility pack like the toxic set had. Maybe even consider selecting a more "electric" blue color from a pantone chart. 8x size spacebar and maybe even 9x size would be greatly appreciated.

Pantone color 801 is a neon blue color that would look awesome in this set:

VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Data

I think he's working with the ABS color chips available at SP.  Is Pantone 801 available in SP's line-up? 

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
From what I know, no. You can use custom pantone color but it will increase the price...
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline bianco

Soooo...

i hope it will be sculpted profile (3-1-2-3-4-3) rather than uniform 3

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Oh yes, a gentelmen's agreement like in the Victorian era.... why not a hand shake?! :P
Even if it sounds grimm taylorcraig has a good point
If it's a community work and effort it should be owned by the community that means by an official club that is run by the community, something legal with a board of members and stuff like that. Other keyboard communities have that.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 August 2014, 10:55:28 by DanielT »

Offline taylordcraig

Soooo...

I commented on this in the PMK vote.

And yes, add 1u + sign for 1800 numpad.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
Soooo...

Yes, I saw your comment. It's something that people need to know in order to make an informed choice.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator

Soooo...

Yes, I saw your comment. It's something that people need to know in order to make an informed choice.

Agreed. I am also wondering this.

Offline taylordcraig

OP likely hasn't considered it as the buy was originally DCS.
Personally I'm in either way. I love uniform rows and haven't tried sculpted yet.

Offline taylordcraig

Oh yes, a gentelmen's agreement like in the Victorian era.... why not a hand shake?! :P
If it's a community work and effort it should be owned by the community that means by an official club that is run by the community, something legal with a board of members and stuff like that. Other keyboard communities have that.

Yeah. I doubt they'd ever steal the tooling from us as GH makes considerable orders from them [though likely small in comparison to their usual business]
But it is something worth noting, if there is potential for it to happen.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator

Your comment, while qualified with the use of the emoticon, sounds snarky and pessimistic.

The "gentlemen's agreement" worked well for years on this forum, as well as on Deskthority, OTD, kbdmania, etc. Only recently, with the influx of a certain group of people who, by their own actions, have demonstrated that they have little regard toward respecting the ideas and efforts of others, has this become a problem.

Maybe hashbaz has a will, and he will name the beneficiary of the molds in that document?

in memoriam

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
I know that these things work well, but RL life sucks, and it is better to take measures against such people.
When Alin and I ran the SA Vim GB we first got permission from the designer of the legend, we considered it to be the proper way of doing this.
For Debian we asked permission to use the logo, and for the DSA Vim 1u and 1.75u keys we were the first to make the molds, they are free for use because everybody who participated in the GB paid a share.
The important thing is the community to be able to benefit from the designs :)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Make the rows like the Commando 23 set, and also add on an 1800 compatibility pack like the toxic set had. Maybe even consider selecting a more "electric" blue color from a pantone chart. 8x size spacebar and maybe even 9x size would be greatly appreciated.

Show Image

The prices were set to cover a Sculpted SA PuLSE keyset. I don't know if Commando is Sculpted or Row-3 but for reference, Penumbra is Sculpted. Also, we will stick to the blue BBJ tone because of techinical specs but I'll agree that Pantone is great.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 August 2014, 11:47:21 by MiTo »

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

Soooo...

I thought I mentioned the SA specs already but I believe it was on /r/MK. It's gonna be Sculpted Rows, added this info to OP.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Soooo...

Because I believe the IC thread was being filled with extraneous posts not related to interest in the set, so OP decided to create a fresh thread just for interest/eventual GB.

Which isn't going too well so far, but whatever...

Yes, IC thread became a complete mess so I decided to create a fresh one. Also, IC thread was created before the Interest Check started on PMK.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator

Soooo...

I thought I mentioned the SA specs already but I believe it was on /r/MK. It's gonna be Sculpted Rows, added this info to OP.

I don't follow /r/MK, and to be honest, I refuse to go there.

I must be blind, because I don't see any reference to the row profiles in the OP.

FYI, this is how you specify which row profile goes with which keycaps to SP (they show which row profile to the left):

Sculpted:

[Image credit: 7bit]

Uniform:

in memoriam

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Soooo...

Added the 1u key.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

Soooo...

I don't follow /r/MK, and to be honest, I refuse to go there.

I must be blind, because I don't see any reference to the row profiles in the OP.

FYI, this is how you specify which row profile goes with which keycaps to SP (they show which row profile to the left):

Sculpted:
Show Image

Uniform:
Show Image

I forgot to "Post" my edit on OP that's why you wasn't able to see it. My bad, because I'm answering thousands of stuff at the same time. She just mailed me right now and said that the left and right shift keys are not available in Row 4, only in Row 3. Also, the only surface texture available on Row 4 1.25 keys is matte (we won't have a shiny PuLSE, I believe). Correct me if I'm wrong but apparently she is not referring to the same Row 4 as you did in the Sculpted image you linked.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT

Show Image

The prices were set to cover a Sculpted SA PuLSE keyset. I don't know if Commando is Sculpted or Row-3 but for reference, Penumbra is Sculpted. Also, we will stick to the blue BBJ tone because of techinical specs but I'll agree that Pantone is great.

penumbra isnt sculted, its row 3

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
I forgot to "Post" my edit on OP that's why you wasn't able to see it. My bad, because I'm answering thousands of stuff at the same time. She just mailed me right now and said that the left and right shift keys are not available in Row 4, only in Row 3. Also, the only surface texture available on Row 4 1.25 keys is matte (we won't have a shiny PuLSE, I believe). Correct me if I'm wrong but apparently she is not referring to the same Row 4 as you did in the Sculpted image you linked.

Ah, okay, that explains it. :)

And yes, the Shift keys have to be in Row 3 profile, until they fix the problem and make molds for Row 4 Shift keys, which will be in a couple months from now.

Also, 1.25x Row 4 is not a problem, because you do the bottom row mods in Row 3, which is what I meant when I said 3-1-2-3-4-3. :thumb:

in memoriam

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

Show Image

Keypuller info is wrong then, and I couldn't find it on Penumbra's OP. Gotta warn them.

EDIT: Actually, it's not Keypuller's fault that I mentioned that Penumbra was sculpted.

« Last Edit: Thu, 21 August 2014, 12:13:53 by MiTo »

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

Ah, okay, that explains it. :)

And yes, the Shift keys have to be in Row 3 profile, until they fix the problem and make molds for Row 4 Shift keys, which will be in a couple months from now.

Also, 1.25x Row 4 is not a problem, because you do the bottom row mods in Row 3, which is what I meant when I said 3-1-2-3-4-3. :thumb:

In this case we may have the option to choose the overall keyset finish, I believe. And now I understand the 3-1-2-3-4-3 didn't know 1.25 mods were R-3. Nicely done.

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
I gotta admit, I appreciate that you are so responsive, Mito. Good luck, I already casted my vote on PMK.
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT

Show Image

Keypuller info is wrong then, and I couldn't find it on Penumbra's OP. Gotta warn them.

EDIT: Actually, it's not Keypuller's fault that I mentioned that Penumbra was sculpted.

Show Image

so when people say row 3 with sa, they dont mean all keys are row 3

a row 3 profile sa set has 4 profiles
the bottom row and the top 2 are all different profiles

then the 3 alpha rows are all row 3

by doing this, it means people who use alt layouts have an easier time, whilst still maintaining some shape for ergonomics

also

i have no idea what keypuller is but it hasnt contacted me to ask anything about penumbra

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
I gotta admit, I appreciate that you are so responsive, Mito. Good luck, I already casted my vote on PMK.

I'm just trying to do my best in order to make it happen, because I loved the final design and a lot of people did too.

Final price worries me.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

Show Image

Show Image

so when people say row 3 with sa, they dont mean all keys are row 3

a row 3 profile sa set has 4 profiles
the bottom row and the top 2 are all different profiles

then the 3 alpha rows are all row 3

by doing this, it means people who use alt layouts have an easier time, whilst still maintaining some shape for ergonomics

also

i have no idea what keypuller is but it hasnt contacted me to ask anything about penumbra

It's a Keyset databse, but they didn't mention specifically which row/sculpted Penumbra was. I assumed it was sculpted because of the info in Ctrl.Alt. Thanks for the clarification, but now I'm a bit confused. jdcarpe mentioned 3-1-2-3-4-3 and you said that the 3 Alpha rows are Row 3.

What is SP going to do with PuLSE? Any ideas or I gotta ask them?