Author Topic: Camera Thread  (Read 8138 times)

Offline SavvyBird

• Savvy Caps
Re: Camera Thread
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 23:11:53 »
Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the aperture with a cheap lens extender on (no electronics)? Whenever I put the extender on, it defaults to 0 and I can't change it from the camera

sadly there is no way. The aperture on canon, nikon, or sony emount lenses are not controllable with out the pins touching the camera. You would need a manual lens or something similar to a metabones adapter.
So something like this would work?

ah I forgot about those I kept thinking about metabones.

However I think it would be better to spend the same amount on a sigma lens

hi

Offline tbc

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 23:17:57 »
Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the aperture with a cheap lens extender on (no electronics)? Whenever I put the extender on, it defaults to 0 and I can't change it from the camera

sadly there is no way. The aperture on canon, nikon, or sony emount lenses are not controllable with out the pins touching the camera. You would need a manual lens or something similar to a metabones adapter.
So something like this would work?

no experience but that thing says it has pins...so i don't see why not.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 November 2014, 23:22:22 by tbc »
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 23:23:08 »
hwood,

i'm not sure why you linked a macro tube.

if you want to control your aperature on a canon lens without an aperatue ring, you can get something like this:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53505887
Well it was because I wanted a way to control the aperture while using the cheap tube I had, but with the one I linked I could just control it from the camera. But that looks good too, though at this point I might just go for a cheap macro lens like this
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline tbc

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 23:27:32 »
hwood,

i'm not sure why you linked a macro tube.

if you want to control your aperature on a canon lens without an aperatue ring, you can get something like this:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53505887
Well it was because I wanted a way to control the aperture while using the cheap tube I had, but with the one I linked I could just control it from the camera. But that looks good too, though at this point I might just go for a cheap macro lens like this

lol no.  what you said was fine.

carinaguts talking about metabones mde it sound like you were adapting a camera.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 23:36:09 »
Ugh, omd em10, gx7, or a6000?

I can't choooooose :(
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 23:37:54 »

That was my final 3 at one point, too.  I went with the a6k because of the features it's packed with plus it's a bit easier to use and technically the better camera.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 23:45:32 »

That was my final 3 at one point, too.  I went with the a6k because of the features it's packed with plus it's a bit easier to use and technically the better camera.
They'd all be good choices, so I'll probably just go for the one that's cheapest, when the time comes.
a6000's comparative lack of lenses does concern me, though.

If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 00:15:50 »

They'd all be good choices, so I'll probably just go for the one that's cheapest, when the time comes.

To be fair, I think it has the most robust set of adapter rings, too.  Otoh, I haven't found a situation I don't have or can't get a lens I need.  I think the a6k is going to be 600 black friday from best buy, too.

Offline Altis

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 21:04:06 »

To be fair, I think it has the most robust set of adapter rings, too.  Otoh, I haven't found a situation I don't have or can't get a lens I need.  I think the a6k is going to be 600 black friday from best buy, too.

On top of that, you can use old manual focus lenses really easily with 'focus peaking'. It makes all the hard edges (in focus bits) glow a vibrant color (red is default), so you can focus very quickly with manual lenses.

And those are nice and cheap with basic-adapaters-a-plenty. Good way to have some fun without mortgaging the house.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 10:11:33 »
a6000 + 50mm f 1.8 is like 850 atm right?

pretty affordable and spectacular performance.

I'm think that's going to be my first decent camera. But I'm still not sure on the A6000 or a full body DSLR in the same price range.

We just bought a a6000 I'll let you know how it handles.

Well, from the pictures my wife took I would recommend it. I would give a more in depth review, but she would hardly let me touch it.  :(

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 12:16:11 »
I own the Sony Nex-5, the granddaddy of the a6000. Most of the photos I post on this site are made with that camera. Occasionally I will pop on a Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar mc 50mm F1.8 lens. It's old but similar quality lenses would nowadays cost close to $1000 to make. I paid €80 or so.

I also use a Sony HX50v compact, and while it is great for travel because of the 30x zoom, the Nex still blows it out of the water in terms of quality. If I were to buy a new camera now it would either be the a6000 or the a7 full frame model. But only because I have some really nice vintage lenses that would work great on full frame.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 12:49:09 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****