Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
Hi
« on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 11:53:33 »
Astonishing title I have there, isn't it? Anyways, I've really enjoyed computer hardware for all 20 years that I've been alive, but not until recently did I finally take the plunge into mechanical keyboards. I first bought a Thermaltake Poseidon Z with brown switches which I liked, but was not really my cup of tea. I ended up selling it on ebay for a $10 loss and then bought a Poseidon Z with blue switches from Amazon which I also did not like. The switches felt mushy to me, which may have been due to the really cheap keycaps and Kailh switches.

I then decided it would be worth it to just spend the money on a quality keyboard and took the plunge on a Ducky DK9008 Shine III MX Blue with White LEDs. I fell in love with it immediately. It has become the only keyboard I can type on now, as I have ruined any chance of ever using membrane again. I just received a Unicomp USB 122 Key Model M a few days ago and although I like the feel, it arrived DOA with only about half of the keys working. I'm trying to decide if I just eat the cost and keep the keyboard as a project or return it and lose $16-18 on shipping.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Hundrakia

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 12:57:43 »
Welcome! They say ignorance is bliss, but not in our world.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 20:25:29 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I'm not following the Unicomp model M $19 plus shipping thread as closely as I probably should - did you order one of those?  Seems like some people got lucky, a few not.

But, if you ordered if directly from Unicomp, please contact them.  They are usually pretty good about returns and replacing faulty keyboards.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 21:35:15 »
Yep it was one of those from the bulk order. I noticed after contacting about my problem that the listing was removed "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing." Seems there might be a different problem that the seller did not inform us of.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170