Author Topic: Secret Santa 2016 - OPENING GIFTS!  (Read 537683 times)

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
Re: Secret Santa 2016 - Paired up and Prepping for Shipping
« Reply #2800 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 20:33:03 »
But you have to open them to see the notes.  I already opened one too early for that particular secret Santa because I didn't know what it was.   And I only figured out which one it was for by posting up.   Not that big of a deal,  but made me glad I put forum Nick and forum on my notes.

Might be able to ask Nubbinator for the tracking number your Santa submitted, and then match it to your boxes?

Im in this one and a silver coin forum.  Luckily it was a pretty clear choice which one had the coin in it. 
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 December 2016, 21:08:03 by Sinanju »

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
« Reply #2801 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 22:42:38 »
Remember, you should be shipping today.  Make sure to update the shipping form with your tracking info.  I have 17 of 28 so far.

You are so trusting. I made the DT folks ship a month ago! We've all been patiently salivating over the boxes that we've received, hoping, waiting. We open our gifts on Festivus this year on DT.

Sorry I missed the sign-up over here. Nubbs if someone else wants in late and doesn't care about December 25th as a deadline let me know, maybe I can dig up a little gift for someone. :D

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2802 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 23:39:41 »
Remember, you should be shipping today.  Make sure to update the shipping form with your tracking info.  I have 17 of 28 so far.

You are so trusting. I made the DT folks ship a month ago! We've all been patiently salivating over the boxes that we've received, hoping, waiting. We open our gifts on Festivus this year on DT.

Sorry I missed the sign-up over here. Nubbs if someone else wants in late and doesn't care about December 25th as a deadline let me know, maybe I can dig up a little gift for someone. :D

Not so much trusting, as expecting adults that signed up for something to actually do it.  I actually disliked the early ship on DT as it gave almost no time to consider the gift to be given.  The gifts I sent here and and reddit were a lot better because of that, and the fact that the person that I had didn't give any hints as to what they wanted, so with no time, they got something less than I'd have wanted.  And no matter how early you 'make' people ship, that doesn't change the fact that asshats are asshats and won't do what they say no matter how much or little time you give them.

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
« Reply #2803 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 06:02:10 »
Not so much trusting, as expecting adults that signed up for something to actually do it.  I actually disliked the early ship on DT as it gave almost no time to consider the gift to be given.  The gifts I sent here and and reddit were a lot better because of that, and the fact that the person that I had didn't give any hints as to what they wanted, so with no time, they got something less than I'd have wanted.

Then maybe I'm more cynical, but I've seen the trouble that non-shippers create for Secret Santa.

chuckdee you're an odd exception looking at my Secret Santa list. Your recipient is something of a lurker and would be challenging to find a good item for regardless. Your own Secret Santa, though, is a ridiculously unusually awesome one. I thought you might offer this exact feedback so I made sure that you'd get something good if nothing else. :P

I also feel like folks on DT are likely to send something that they already have. There were only a couple of folks who went out and bought something to send (apart from chocolates or a card).

But, sure, if I run one of these again I'll give maybe 2-3 weeks to get something shipped. I like that I started early and that I was in touch with people throughout. Folks are less likely to flake if they're responding to PMs. Also, regardless of early shipping, there were a couple that shipped really late because of some really complicated logistical arrangements.

Whoever is running Reddit's Secret Santa is a professional!!! Don't they have like 300 people?
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 December 2016, 06:04:06 by XMIT »

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #2804 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 06:08:04 »
Whoever is running Reddit's Secret Santa is a professional!!! Don't they have like 300 people?

I was running it along with another reddit user, the end number was about 390!! (387 to be exact).
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline Incredigasmic

• Orange is Love. Orange is Life.
« Reply #2805 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 09:21:32 »
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 December 2016, 14:53:21 by Incredigasmic »
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

"Incredi is the foremost master of all things orange" ~ BroCaps

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2806 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 14:14:57 »
Sooo....are we opening the presents ???
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2807 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 14:31:07 »

Right?! I see so many people opening gifts and I'm thinking, "It ain't Xmas yet!"

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #2808 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 14:33:44 »

I thought Nub said to wait until the 24th, I think I have my Secret Santa's package as I certainly didn't order anything this big. Hope it isn't something else important or time sensitive :-X
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2809 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 14:48:47 »

I said wait until the 24th...but since we had one early poster, I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world if people wanted to go early.

Offline Incredigasmic

« Reply #2810 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 14:49:49 »

I said wait until the 24th...but since we had one early poster, I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world if people wanted to go early.
My fault. I didn't see that post and was half asleep taking the picture of it as is. I can remove my post and whatnot if need be. :(
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #2811 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 15:31:26 »
Really wanna open up my gift! Getting impatient  :blank:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2812 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 16:02:27 »

I'm not stopping you.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #2813 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 16:04:53 »

I'm not stopping you.

I know haha but it is a Christmas gift! Gonna wait till the 24th at least.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #2814 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 12:09:12 »

My fault. I didn't see that post and was half asleep taking the picture of it as is. I can remove my post and whatnot if need be. :(

Haha now my present gets posted twice!

I did actually open mine not thinking, but I'll wait for everyone to post it.

Offline Incredigasmic

« Reply #2815 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 12:10:47 »

Haha now my present gets posted twice!

I did actually open mine not thinking, but I'll wait for everyone to post it.
And great presents they are

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2816 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 22:10:33 »
I opened my present because it was an amazon box with amazon prime factory tape holding it shut :(

I also ate all the candy I got and didn't take any pictures.

I'm a pretty big ****ster tbqh.
Feel free to grab your pitchforks and meet me for my murderin' round noon thirty tomorrow.

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #2817 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 00:35:07 »
Package came in! And now I wait.

Offline Incredigasmic

« Reply #2818 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 15:16:40 »
I opened my present because it was an amazon box with amazon prime factory tape holding it shut :(

Feel free to grab your pitchforks and meet me for my murderin' round noon thirty tomorrow.

Join the club. We can be murdered simultaneously.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2819 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 08:43:09 »

Join the club. We can be murdered simultaneously.

itsokey  ^-^

Offline kinglukas38

• Do you even tactile?
« Reply #2820 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 10:16:34 »
Got mine in the other day, at least I think I did :p Only 2 more days and then I can open :D
I've never done it before, but I'm pretty sure I'm good at it

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2821 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 12:19:41 »
Oh yeah :d can't wait  :cool: also I'm curious what others have received.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2822 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 19:51:24 »
So, because I'd already opened them since I'd not put together that these were Secret Santa packages, and I'm going to be away, I figured I'd post what I got.

The problem with two of my Secret Santas is that they're very secretive.  And I'm not sure which forum they're for.  But both are pretty awesome.

First, I've been looking at getting the D&D5e books for a while, but haven't pulled the trigger on them.  Well, someone did it for me!

And the second one just blew me away, and made me think I have to step my game up for next year.  Seeing I liked games of all sorts, the Secret Santa made a game out of opening it... complete with quests, and dice and everything!  I really enjoyed it (and my daughter did too... one of the quests had me roll to see if I had to share chocolate coins, and I did, so I shared them with her, and while I was counting out half, she just took the whole thing and said, with a straight face, "The Thief Stole the Food".

I laughed over that one, so have no pictures of it.  But the gifts were varied, given thought, and so over the top from what I expected!

I just wish I knew who the Santas were.  But thank you for the gifts, and the experience!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2823 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 20:21:28 »
That's an awesome gift.  I always love seeing gifts with a lot of thought put into them like that.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #2824 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 08:40:11 »
Thanks you so much Secret Santa (Nubbs forgot to black out his name on the shipping label  :p )

Already eating the Long Beach Jerky, it's so good!

Looking forward to trying the shave soaps and coffee and I know the HWS Jerky is gonna be good too!

Got the poster set aside to flatten out before framing.

EDIT: So in the card there was a note saying watch out the coffee may be a little green. I didn't take it literally but apparently I should have as Nubbs informed me I should open it up.

I found these

« Last Edit: Fri, 23 December 2016, 09:31:41 by iamtootallforthis »

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #2825 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 09:11:26 »
I went ahead and opened mine up.  Gonna be super busy the next few days traveling to different families so I would rather be early than late. 

Thank you Secret Santa for such a thoughtful gift.  I love the multiple letters and the time you put into this to find cool things that I like.  The prints from Binge's Wifu and the Dark Tower are awesome.  I will be framing these for sure.  I have been wanting the claptrap pop for a while.  The stab wire and clips are just what I needed to finish my other board up and all the candy is great.  I am particularly fond of the yuzu gummies, they are awesome. 

Thank you again, this is great.

wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #2826 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 11:01:57 »
I went ahead and opened mine up.  Gonna be super busy the next few days traveling to different families so I would rather be early than late. 

Thank you Secret Santa for such a thoughtful gift.  I love the multiple letters and the time you put into this to find cool things that I like.  The prints from Binge's Wifu and the Dark Tower are awesome.  I will be framing these for sure.  I have been wanting the claptrap pop for a while.  The stab wire and clips are just what I needed to finish my other board up and all the candy is great.  I am particularly fond of the yuzu gummies, they are awesome. 

Show Image

Show Image

Is that print in the bottom Roland from The Dark Tower series???

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #2827 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 14:06:00 »

Show Image

Show Image

Yup.  It is my favorite series of books.  I have read it several times and enjoy it every time. 

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #2828 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 14:28:27 »

Show Image

Show Image

Yup.  It is my favorite series of books.  I have read it several times and enjoy it every time. 

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Jealous

It's my favorite from Stephen King

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #2829 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 15:03:13 »
All of these gifts are great.
Biking is fun.

Offline Elth

• Easy now fuzzy little man peach
« Reply #2830 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 00:09:17 »
Going to be leaving super early tomorrow so opened up mine tonight. I got two kinds of coffee (will have to try these out when I get back), a Royal Glam wrist rest (60%), a crypto book (invisible ink style), and a single month notebook. Thank you very much to my secret santa :)

TGR Jane V2 | TGR 910 | TGR Jane CE

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
« Reply #2831 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 00:27:14 »
Guess I've been a bad boy

I'm not actually part of this round just lurking. So glad to see the community giving to each other. I was too busy to participate this time. Merry Christmas everyone

sent from my chess board
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2832 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 00:52:41 »

Show Image

I'm not actually part of this round just lurking. So glad to see the community giving to each other. I was too busy to participate this time. Merry Christmas everyone

sent from my chess board

It's okay, I'll let you send me something to make up for it.

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
  • IG: @ZorbCaps
« Reply #2833 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 04:18:41 »
Yay, finally time to open my package!!

This is how it looked right after opening:

The package contained several different small packages with small lables on them. There was also a card that was to be opened after all packages with slight explanations of what I'd just gotten. Here's the different packages:

For the child in you:
More

This box was filled with candy from my santas home country - Romania! Haven't tried these yet but I definitelly will.

Something for the artist:
More

This package contained glass beads that had belong to the mother of my santa - they could be, according to the note included, as old as 40 years. The reason behind sending these was for encapsulating them into caps, I'll see what happens with that ;)

Something for your Keyboard:
More

A really nice coiled Mini USB cable. Najs.

Something for the Soul:
More

Wooo! :)) This package included one of my favorite albums on LP - Black Holes and Revelations by Muse. So stoked for this, can't wait to give it a spin later today!

Something for your fingers:
More

:eek: This package included a self-built 60% with stickered "old blacks" (vintage?), a GH60 PCB and alumium case. Reeeally happy for this! Made some slight modifications to fit my layout (I'm Swedish :P ), and this is how it turned out with Nantucket put onto it!

All together:

Really happy for this package, thanks a lot to whoever sent me this! :D
Will definitelly use it all, Merry Christmas to my santa as well as all other participants in this event!

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
« Reply #2834 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 08:34:54 »

Show Image

sent from my chess board

It's okay, I'll let you send me something to make up for it.
That's super nice of you dude. You totally don't have to.

sent from my chess board

Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2835 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 09:19:03 »
OK, my turn, in my family we open the gifts on Christmas Eve so I have opened mine  :cool:

The package is from Canada and this is what it was inside :

Tons of sweets, love them, have to fight my daughter for them.
Maple Syrup, I have always wanted to try some, here you can find it very hard and I'm not sure it's the real thing, so finally I get to taste this famous syrup, going to make some pancakes to go with, thank you so much Secret Santa!!!
A hand painted mug, that is really special, when I saw that I knew my Secret Santa is a fan of Franco-Belgian Comics (read also the note that came with the package and hand the confirmation  :cool: ) , Marsupilami is so cool one of my favorites!!! That was also the moment when I knew who my Secret Santa was (Canadian + Lucky Luke =  :rolleyes: thanks man it was awesome!!!! )

And this :

a wool 1UP 60% sleeve, with so many 60% in my collection I really needed this, and it goes perfect with that board, spot-on !

It was great to be part of this. Thank You Secret Santa!! and Happy Holidays to you and everybody here !

Offline kinglukas38

• Do you even tactile?
« Reply #2836 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 11:02:18 »
OK, my turn, in my family we open the gifts on Christmas Eve so I have opened mine  :cool:
Show Image

The package is from Canada and this is what it was inside :
Show Image

Tons of sweets, love them, have to fight my daughter for them.
Maple Syrup, I have always wanted to try some, here you can find it very hard and I'm not sure it's the real thing, so finally I get to taste this famous syrup, going to make some pancakes to go with, thank you so much Secret Santa!!!
A hand painted mug, that is really special, when I saw that I knew my Secret Santa is a fan of Franco-Belgian Comics (read also the note that came with the package and hand the confirmation  :cool: ) , Marsupilami is so cool one of my favorites!!! That was also the moment when I knew who my Secret Santa was (Canadian + Lucky Luke =  :rolleyes: thanks man it was awesome!!!! )

And this :
Show Image

a wool 1UP 60% sleeve, with so many 60% in my collection I really needed this, and it goes perfect with that board, spot-on !

It was great to be part of this. Thank You Secret Santa!! and Happy Holidays to you and everybody here !
Yay it made it safely :D Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #2837 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 13:01:43 »
I opened this last night but it was late so I had to wait to take pictures. I kind of knew what it was because of the customs description  :))

HHKB limited edition keycaps, PBT spacebar, stickers, and a HHKB poster! Huge thanks to my Secret Santa  :) They're going on my board right after this!

156054-0

156056-1

Offline kinglukas38

• Do you even tactile?
« Reply #2838 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 13:11:33 »
Opened up my ss gift a few hours early so I can grab some nice pics

Fistly: The box

Inside was a wonderfully hand written note from my santa

The lure gave me a chuckle as I will be getting something similar for the upcoming season. The candy bar is my bad though, should have mentioned that I have allergies  :-[ I'm sure my brother will enjoy it in my stead

The next part of my gift was some cool alps switches (don't worry about the blue), a hirose orange (with og quad shot cap),some artisans and a switch keychain

And finally some vintage Canadian currency :p

Thanks for the gifts SS, Enjoy your Christmas in sunny Florida and Merry Christmas to all :D

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #2839 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 13:56:48 »
Yay, finally time to open my package!!

This is how it looked right after opening:
Show Image

The package contained several different small packages with small lables on them. There was also a card that was to be opened after all packages with slight explanations of what I'd just gotten. Here's the different packages:

For the child in you:
More
Show Image

This box was filled with candy from my santas home country - Romania! Haven't tried these yet but I definitelly will.

Something for the artist:
More
Show Image

This package contained glass beads that had belong to the mother of my santa - they could be, according to the note included, as old as 40 years. The reason behind sending these was for encapsulating them into caps, I'll see what happens with that ;)

Something for your Keyboard:
More
Show Image

A really nice coiled Mini USB cable. Najs.

Something for the Soul:
More
Show Image

Wooo! :)) This package included one of my favorite albums on LP - Black Holes and Revelations by Muse. So stoked for this, can't wait to give it a spin later today!

Something for your fingers:
More
Show Image

:eek: This package included a self-built 60% with stickered "old blacks" (vintage?), a GH60 PCB and alumium case. Reeeally happy for this! Made some slight modifications to fit my layout (I'm Swedish :P ), and this is how it turned out with Nantucket put onto it!

Show Image

All together:
Show Image

Really happy for this package, thanks a lot to whoever sent me this! :D
Will definitelly use it all, Merry Christmas to my santa as well as all other participants in this event!

super creative!

SS this year made me realize i suck at wrapping gifts.

I tried for the first time this year and the first snarky comment i got from my gf was "holy **** that looks bad , can i just rewrap them for you?"

Now she gets a gift wrapped in 10 different boxes (all wrapped like crap)
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2840 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 14:11:01 »
Holy **** there are some awesome gifts this year. I wish I had got in on this FML :'(
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: Secret Santa 2016 - OPENING GIFTS!
« Reply #2841 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 16:20:02 »
I was blown away from my Secret Santa this year.  Clearly a lot of thought and effort went into it and I'm genuinely grateful.  My Santa went above and beyond what I expected.

Sorry for the not great shots, I didn't realized it was out of focus until I got it on my computer.

A nice little note, what I can only assume is Vietnamese powdered meth, nice beard oil, custom lasered coasters of a Clack Ogre drawing I did, a Binge sticker, a Nightcaps half shell, and an Objective 2 amp kit that I will have to scratch my head and figure out (but I'm looking forward to hearing it).

Offline kinglukas38

• Do you even tactile?
« Reply #2842 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 16:28:26 »
I was blown away from my Secret Santa this year.  Clearly a lot of thought and effort went into it and I'm genuinely grateful.  My Santa went above and beyond what I expected.

Sorry for the not great shots, I didn't realized it was out of focus until I got it on my computer.

Show Image

A nice little note, what I can only assume is Vietnamese powdered meth, nice beard oil, custom lasered coasters of a Clack Ogre drawing I did, a Binge sticker, a Nightcaps half shell, and an Objective 2 amp kit that I will have to scratch my head and figure out (but I'm looking forward to hearing it).

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Deserving gifts nubs, Merry Christmas :)

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #2843 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 16:39:38 »
Wow.. those coasters are amazing  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #2844 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 18:54:45 »
Opened mine up this morning and WOW, my SS really outdid themselves! Package came with a great handwritten note that unfortunately, was left on top of the box and my dog chewed it up (but skipped the candy).

Infinity 60% keyboard with dampened whites and a set of ALPINE WINTER caps :eek:
Pretty cool since these are about the only Alps switches I haven't tried.

Mix of DCS Infinity and Alpine Winter Mods too, these are definitely getting in on the current rotation

After a few minutes home, I was quickly reminded of my childhood love-hate relationship with Peeps :'(

Seriously SS, you knocked it out of the park!

Also, big thanks to Nubbinator for putting this whole thing together!
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #2845 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 19:01:57 »
So guys, I'm actually 500kms away from where my package may have been delivered. I can't wait to get back to my apartment to see what is in store.

Merry Christmas everyone, so many of these gifts are awesome!
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #2846 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 20:22:28 »
I'd love to take part as well but I'm away from my apartment at the moment. Hopefully I can join the fun next week. These have all been awesome do far. Merry Christmas!
Biking is fun.

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #2847 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 20:28:30 »
My family opens up gifts on the 24th as well, so I actually saved this one for last.

I might have written a little too much about myself to try to help combat the fact that I am more of a lurker (sorry, Santa), but my Santa sure surprised me.

I opened the brown package to see a box with red armor and explosions in the background.  I quickly began to think of what might lay underneath the rest of the paper packaging.

Sinanju?  Char's Zaku?  I finally got rid of the rest of the paper to see this behometh in front of me.

Soda can for scale.

A RE:1/100 Nightale model!  I love 1/100 scale models, and this one will fit perfectly with my collection.  Although, I may need a new display case for just it alone!

Seriously, look at all of these parts!  Sorry, Santa, it might be a while before I can post completed pics of it.

I didn't see anything with a name to thank (I'll double check tomorrow in case I missed it in the packaging. I left the shipping box at my parents house), so it looks like I'll have to wait until the Santas are revealed to thank them by name.  Until then, thanks an absolute ton to my Secret Santa!  This was by far one of the most surprising presents I have received in a long time, and look forward to building it.  This was my first time participating in an online Secret Santa, and I can't wait for next year.  It was worth it just reading my giftee's enjoyment of their gift, let alone when you include this absolutely amazing gift.  Thanks again, Santa!

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #2848 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 21:16:35 »
So guys, I'm actually 500kms away from where my package may have been delivered. I can't wait to get back to my apartment to see what is in store.

Merry Christmas everyone, so many of these gifts are awesome!
I am 4000km away and I am scared I won't make it home in time to pick up my package before it gets sent back :( I am getting back a week later than expected.. hopefully I can call ahead and tell them to hold it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline nugglets

« Reply #2849 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 01:13:14 »
So I actually had the luxury of having my gift hand delivered by my Santa himself! That was a really neat twist =)

When I opened up the box, the thing that immediately popped out was the awesome model of a 240z! I had actually seen this exact model a few weeks back while doing some Christmas shopping and planned on buying it once my wallet had recovered from the holidays. So to get it from a Secret Santa on a keyboard forum was a huge, and welcome, surprise. I did mention in the form that I owned a 240z, but still never could have expected that. Was really, really cool. As a side note, my Z was originally purchased for my Dad in '73 as his college graduation gift from my Grandfather. My Dad was here when I opened the gift and was equally stoked to see it =)

The box also contained my Santa's favorite sci-fi book, The Worthing Saga, which is totally new to me. I love to read, especially sci-fi and fantasy, so I very much look forward to giving this a go over my coming break. I wrote on my form that one of my favorite parts about meeting new people is being introduced to their hobbies and likes, and I can't think of a better way to share that than by reading their favorite book.

Next up was the bag with the hand written note on it, explaining each of the gifts. And a good thing, too, because otherwise I would have been very confused by the plant and it's hanger! Haha I had never heard of an air plant before, and I have to say it's pretty damn cool. My GF and I keep a variety of house plants around, since we don't have any kind of patio or yard, so this will fit right in.

Lastly, inside the bag with the little air plant was a Zorb Entling v2! I freaking adore this little guy already and he will absolutely be adorning my Carbon board once everything from Zeal arrives.

All in all, it was a very thoughtful gift and I couldn't be happier with everything. Thank you very much Santa!

And thank you nubbinator for putting this all together and making it possible for everyone. Merry Christmas to all of you!