Author Topic: Religion  (Read 108267 times)

Offline wellington1869

Religion
« Reply #800 on: Thu, 09 September 2010, 17:38:52 »
So here's a case where the threat of violence suppressed a protected act of free speech.

"Yay"?

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
    • John Savard's Home Page
Religion
« Reply #801 on: Thu, 09 September 2010, 18:03:48 »
Quote from: wellington1869;221382
So here's a case where the threat of violence suppressed a protected act of free speech.

"Yay"?
No, a case where, if the mosque really does get moved (that part is now unconfirmed in more recent news stories) it's a case where a threatened act of disrespect suppressed a protected act of mosque-building.

This time, they blinked!

Anyways, I don't think that the Islamic world would learn anything from a Quran-burning, so while I wouldn't agree with letting violence suppress it, I would agree with choosing our targets better. Why gratuitously offend anyone?

But that applies to artists who would gratuitously offend Christians too.

Offline wellington1869

Religion
« Reply #802 on: Thu, 09 September 2010, 18:16:50 »
Quote from: quadibloc;221392
No, a case where, if the mosque really does get moved (that part is now unconfirmed in more recent news stories) it's a case where a threatened act of disrespect suppressed a protected act of mosque-building.

This time, they blinked!

Anyways, I don't think that the Islamic world would learn anything from a Quran-burning, so while I wouldn't agree with letting violence suppress it, I would agree with choosing our targets better. Why gratuitously offend anyone?

But that applies to artists who would gratuitously offend Christians too.

there's gratuitous offense and then there's gratuitous offense. The muslim community in its current state of affairs often simply makes up 'offense' just to advance imperial ambitions. Critique of religion is not 'offense', its downright necessary. But try that under any of these islamic regimes. Building a mosque on top of a national cemetary, nah thats not gratuitious offense.
The way I see the quran burnings, it was meant as a statement, a gesture of criticism, and a gesture of freedom, in the face of incredible islamic intolerance. The atheists society of america could just as well have been the group doing it.

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

Offline Lanx

Religion
« Reply #803 on: Thu, 09 September 2010, 19:58:34 »
yea, just like how comedy central won't let south park show what mohammud looks like! (or rather their depiction of mohammud)

Offline wellington1869

Religion
« Reply #804 on: Thu, 09 September 2010, 20:07:21 »
Quote from: Lanx;221454
yea, just like how comedy central won't let south park show what mohammud looks like! (or rather their depiction of mohammud)

yup, its pure hostage-taking. Free speech taken hostage, under the gun, and with impunity.

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
Religion
« Reply #805 on: Thu, 09 September 2010, 20:23:29 »
Quote from: wellington1869;221458
yup, its pure hostage-taking. Free speech taken hostage, under the gun, and with impunity.

From what I understand, in the case of the preacher the FBI intervened. I'm thinking this would most likely be because they felt that the book burning would be a threat to national security. If that's correct, this wouldn't be the first time a freedom was revoked for reasons of national security. That stuff has been happening for years.

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
Religion
« Reply #806 on: Thu, 09 September 2010, 23:55:49 »
Quote from: Oranjoose;221337
It's getting pretty tired to see people today presume to know precise details about exactly how events more than 1000 years ago went down,
Actually, that's not really the point.

Since the claim that Muhammad attacked Jewish communities and ended up killing the men and enslaving the women is based on Muslim historical sources, that means that there are people who:

• believe this is how it happened,
  • believe that the instigator of these events is God's Prophet, and are therefore unable to totally, utterly, and unreservedly condemn, abhor, and abominate such behavior, and
  • are post-pubescent males.

The very existence of individuals satisfying those conditions is a deadly threat.

If, instead, the Islamic world was saying that Muhammad would never do such horrible things, and it is all fabricated Zionist propaganda, even if they were wrong, it wouldn't be a serious problem.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 September 2010, 23:59:16 by quadibloc »

Offline wellington1869

Religion
« Reply #807 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 00:09:05 »
ok, i'm going to just come out and say it. Oranjoos is a [edit: remainder of post removed by me cuz its really not worth it. The gist of it was that rational arguments against his posts may be a waste of time].
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 September 2010, 00:14:41 by wellington1869 »

Offline wellington1869

Religion
« Reply #808 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 01:13:08 »
lol, sorry rippy, i'm not 'pissed off' (tho why that should please you in any case is beyond me... oh yea, cuz you're a troll), my comment above was actually for quadibloc who is attempting rational debate with oranjoos, and i was merely saying to quadibloc, 'dont bother cuz oranjoos is a conspiracy lunatic'. that was really about it.

but hey, you know what? I shall now call you what i was going to call oranjoos: a moron. :-D

:biggrin::laugh::laugh::laugh::cheer2::bounce:
:rofl:
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 September 2010, 01:19:31 by wellington1869 »

Offline Konrad

Religion
« Reply #809 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 03:11:28 »
Aw, now you're just trying to project your anti-oranjoosism negativity onto conspiracy theorists.  What did we ever do to you to deserve that?  I'm gonna go put on my tinfoil hat and sulk in my EM-hardened bunker.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Religion
« Reply #810 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 05:30:09 »
Clearly these are rational people whose opinions we should respect.

Demonstrators burned a US flag and chanted "Death to Christians".

Offline Konrad

Religion
« Reply #811 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 06:03:47 »
Hmmm, seems perfectly rational to me. These people happen to be making a statement which identifies American Christians as their enemy (not incorrectly, I think, btw, though that's a different issue).

America is fighting to assert radical western values like "freedom of speech" in those oppressively backward places, I thought?

Flag burning haters are idiots, true, but in America they would be tolerated. People would mock and revile them while also applauding and celebrating the fact that these losers have the balls and the right to openly declare these disgusting beliefs in public. So why is this so intolerable to America when it happens in faraway foreign lands? Even places like, say, Paris or Baghdad or Moscow?

Would qoran-burning muslim haters be more palettable? Or America-worshipping Christian converts?

The expectation seems to be that oppression against freedom of speech is only tyrannical until the people start expressing hatred towards America. I suppose they should all automatically be ****ing grateful instead? Their evil tyrants and corrupt governments certainly needed to be addressed, but there's obviously no great love for America. There wasn't even before the foreign invaders arrived and started spilling blood.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 September 2010, 06:58:18 by Konrad »

Offline Lanx

Religion
« Reply #812 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 08:50:28 »
Why does this koran burning priest get so much news coverage but the, nut job westboro baptist church ppl get nothing? If anything there should be way more news coverage of the westboro ppl cuz what they do is truely disgusting and ppl should see them with their "protests". (these are the f@g hating church ppl who say soldiers are f@gs and deserve to die, and all that, can google them if you want, i don't want to say more cuz it's pretty bad).
*edit*
they picketed a local appliance store because it sold Swedish vacuum cleaners, which the church viewed as supportive of gays
*wtf!!!*

Offline Konrad

Religion
« Reply #813 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 09:03:21 »
Yah, I've often said it myself - you just can't trust them Swedes. Of course for me it's about hockey ... they're always sneaking around and scoring goals and stuff.

So I asked wtf and after a little time* and effort and reading (your local news) I think I understand what their intended message was and why they chose that method to say it.

But it's much easier to be spoonfed and just blame the *** haters, no?

* "a little time" fitting in the 13-minute gap between our posts, incidentally.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 September 2010, 09:19:46 by Konrad »

Offline Konrad

Religion
« Reply #814 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 09:14:52 »
You haven't heard of ABBA Björn again?

[Edit]

I'll remind you that those infernal Swedes are the inventors of LEGO.  And IKEA.

Offline Konrad

Religion
« Reply #815 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 09:27:11 »
I stand corrected. Inventor of LEGO, Ole Kirk Christiansen, was in fact a Dane born in Jutland. LEGO isn't Swedish at all, it was brought to us by Viking conquerors, clearly inspired by the ever-mischievious Loki.

I don't think the Danes will bother to waste time with me. Being denied entry to Valhalla will be punishment enough.

I'd naturally/wrongly *assumed* a Swedish affiliation because those cleverly modular devious little Swedes are religiously fanatical about LEGO.

LEGO ripoffs have been made in Norway, Finland, Switzerland, and even Canada. (The blocks themselves are usually Made In China.) The unstoppable Swedes get away clean yet again.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 September 2010, 09:32:14 by Konrad »

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
Religion
« Reply #816 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 09:31:41 »
Quote from: wellington1869;221532
quadibloc who is attempting rational debate with oranjoos,
I don't know. Some people would say that suggesting we castrate 500 million Muslims isn't "rational". At least that's one way a person with suitable politics could read my post.

Offline Konrad

Religion
« Reply #817 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 09:36:35 »
To be fair you'd have to castrate catholics as well.  It's not like they ever need it anyways.  And you'd be doing all the little boys of the world a favour.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Religion
« Reply #818 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 09:47:50 »
As an ex-Catholic, I second this.

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
Religion
« Reply #819 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 09:48:42 »
Quote from: Konrad;221590
To be fair you'd have to castrate catholics as well.  It's not like they ever need it anyways.  And you'd be doing all the little boys of the world a favour.
What about the music-lovers of the world? (They did it to themselves once, at least a few of themselves.)

But if we did that, what would Catholic little boys do? (The "when they grow up" is implied by me, even as it was by Maurice Chevalier.)

In any case, perhaps someday Sweden, Norway, and Denmark will overcome their differences and become one larger, unified nation. If the Norwegians can get over having been forced to speak Danish while they were under the iron heel of the Swedish conqueror. (This Bokmål/Nynorsk stuff is really complicated...)
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 September 2010, 09:51:42 by quadibloc »

Offline Lanx

Religion
« Reply #820 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 09:55:40 »
why are these ppl of god forced to be celibate? I mean nuns and priests can't get it on, for what reason? yet they force the issue of abstinence and when you can abstain anymore they want you to have babies and diseases (especially in this clubbing age!) cuz they don't advocate safe sex.
Then they get stigmatized for raping little choir boys, (southpark even has an episode!
http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/103969)
at least buddhist monks later develop balls of steel and ppl kick them there and they feel no pain and can pull cars w/ their scrotum sack while catholic priests get the vatican to bail them out w/ gobs of money and lawyers.

Offline Konrad

Religion
« Reply #821 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 10:02:29 »
Shaolin buddhist ninja monks with iron balls are so gar they don't need wussy little lawyers to save them from anything.  Besides they have no money.

Offline maclover

Religion
« Reply #822 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 10:48:17 »
Quote from: Konrad;221556
Hmmm, seems perfectly rational to me. These people happen to be making a statement which identifies American Christians as their enemy (not incorrectly, I think, btw, though that's a different issue).

America is fighting to assert radical western values like "freedom of speech" in those oppressively backward places, I thought?

Flag burning haters are idiots, true, but in America they would be tolerated. People would mock and revile them while also applauding and celebrating the fact that these losers have the balls and the right to openly declare these disgusting beliefs in public. So why is this so intolerable to America when it happens in faraway foreign lands? Even places like, say, Paris or Baghdad or Moscow?

Would qoran-burning muslim haters be more palettable? Or America-worshipping Christian converts?

The expectation seems to be that oppression against freedom of speech is only tyrannical until the people start expressing hatred towards America. I suppose they should all automatically be ****ing grateful instead? Their evil tyrants and corrupt governments certainly needed to be addressed, but there's obviously no great love for America. There wasn't even before the foreign invaders arrived and started spilling blood.
Why would anyone dislike the USA.

http://www.theonion.com/video/ospan-classic-cia-accidentally-overthrows-costa-ri,18056/

Offline Parak

Religion
« Reply #823 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 12:06:58 »

I really don't see that much /significant/ attention placed on american flag burnings in other countries, but then again I don't keep up with the news that often.

I think you're being a little unfair here as far as reaction to freedom of speech goes. I'd certainly like to see an equal or greater comparison to something like this for example.

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
Religion
« Reply #824 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 13:18:46 »
America is not the enemy of anyone because he wants to fast during Ramadan or pray five times a day.

If, however, someone wants to construct the kind of society where...

on the one hand, if a Christian is accused of raping a Muslim, the result is a drive-by shooting that kills several people leaving a church on Christmas...

but if a Muslim is accused of raping a Christian, the country's security services try to pressure the Christians to accept mediation instead of a criminal trial

that someone is our enemy. (This really happened in Egypt, one of our "allies" in the Muslim world.)

The Jews of Israel had the right not to sit still for that kind of treatment, and to gain escape from it through the partition of Palestine. The obligation on the part of the Islamic world is to accept the existence of Israel, and to practise contrition and soul-searching.

Those who instead continue to be defiant of America and of so-called Western values... they correctly think we are their enemies because they have chosen to be our enemies.

The answer is not to say that, all right, it's OK to have Shari'a Law and push non-Muslims around. The answer is to crush them, so that this type of behavior does not recur.

So that women are protected against rape, instead of its victims being accused of immorality.

So that members of minority Islamic denominations or non-Muslim minorities are safe and respected, rather than being brutalized and terrorized.

Offline Konrad

Religion
« Reply #825 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 13:33:51 »
quad, the "kind of society" you describe could just as easily be Ireland. Just replace "Christian" and "Muslim" with "Catholic" and "Protestant". It might even be Canada, using terms like "Anglophone" and "Francophone", or perhaps "Citizen" and "Immigrant" instead, lol.

What I was trying to say is that whether America actually is the enemy or not these foreigners are expressing what is to them a valid belief that America is the enemy. Expressing it in an obnoxious way, true, that's probably the whole idea behind their demonstration.

A bit hypocritical that such behaviour against foreigners is tolerated (and sometimes encouraged) at home while automatically condemned whenever foreigners are observed behaving this way in return.

Afghanistan isn't American State #53, it's a totally different country altogether. If the people (or government) there condone American flag burning - or sharia, rape, sodomy, whatever - then there's really nothing America can do about it except ***** to the UN or start dropping bombs. Most countries don't enjoy the luxury of an overwhelmingly dominant supermilitary force, so instead they try to act civilized and ignore the vile actions of their belligerent neighbours until borders are crossed.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 September 2010, 13:40:54 by Konrad »

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Religion
« Reply #826 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 13:41:23 »
Quote from: Konrad;221671
quad, the "kind of society" you describe could just as easily be Ireland. Just replace "Christian" and "Muslim" with "Catholic" and "Protestant".

Ehmm, didn't I point out a few pages back that this wasn't really the case?

Offline wellington1869

Religion
« Reply #827 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 14:15:43 »
I'm waiting for oranjoos and konrad to start quoting from The Protocols.

Offline Konrad

Religion
« Reply #828 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 14:26:05 »
Aw, ****. Justin Bieber is Canadian? I want to change my nationality.  Can I do that?

What are "The Protocols"?
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 September 2010, 14:29:39 by Konrad »

Offline instantkamera

Religion
« Reply #829 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 14:33:23 »
don't worry about it, he has already basically renounced his own Canadian citizenship. **** him.
Realforce 86UB - Razer Blackwidow - Dell AT101W - IBM model MCST  LtracX - Kensington Orbit - Logitech Trackman wheel opticalAMD PhenomII x6 - 16GB RAM - SSD - RAIDDell U2211H - Spyder3 - Eye One Display 2

Offline Konrad

Religion
« Reply #830 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 14:39:57 »
I could swear I saw a post by ch_123 here a moment ago.

I could be hallucinating. Or GH could have a case of internet hiccups. Or ch_123 withdrew the post and scampered away. Hmmm.

[Edit]

Yeah, **** that little Justin Bieber worm.  I'd join a www.killjustinbieber.org forum except that I don't want to even see his name, lol.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 September 2010, 14:42:34 by Konrad »

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Religion
« Reply #831 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 14:45:30 »
You did briefly. I was saying something, then I read the full context, realized it was irrelevant, and then it disappeared into the etherjets.

Offline wellington1869

Religion
« Reply #832 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 15:32:57 »
its a sad day when ripster can derail even the religion thread.

Offline wellington1869

Religion
« Reply #833 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 16:43:45 »
dude, with 18,500 posts on your record, you really shouldnt be complaining about 'biggest posters'...

I mean, i know people love to see video of fat spandex guy, but come on.

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
Religion
« Reply #834 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 17:27:24 »
Quote from: Konrad;221689
What are "The Protocols"?
Not something you would ever be quoting from, except perhaps to refute it. "The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion" is a forgery, purported to be the record of a discussion among secret Jewish leaders of their plot to bring the rest of the world under their control. It was actually a plagiarized rework of a Russian novel.

Offline Konrad

Religion
« Reply #835 on: Sat, 11 September 2010, 02:30:22 »
Quote from: quadibloc
Not something you would ever be quoting from ... "The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion"
Shhh! The apocryphal secrets of the Illuminati must never be revealed!

Early 20th century Russian literature is amazing!

[Edit]

I wonder if MythBusters can confirm/deny the presence of the Elders ...

Offline wellington1869

Religion
« Reply #836 on: Sat, 11 September 2010, 08:49:44 »
Quote from: quadibloc;221794
Not something you would ever be quoting from, except perhaps to refute it. "The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion"

but it explains so much!!!!  Especially for people who cant understand the world without conspiracy theory!

Offline Konrad

Religion
« Reply #837 on: Sat, 11 September 2010, 08:54:32 »
Quote from: wellington1869
but it explains so much!!!! Especially for people who cant understand the world without conspiracy theory!
Eh? You mean there's other explanations?

Quote from: ripster
Of course it only is getting a two star rating anyway and since you are the biggest poster in the thread.....
My vote bumped it up to 3. So it's more important now.

I found some oppression on youtube.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 September 2010, 12:32:38 by Konrad »

Offline Oranjoose

Religion
« Reply #838 on: Sat, 11 September 2010, 15:24:13 »
Quote from: quadibloc;221514
Actually, that's not really the point.

Since the claim that Muhammad attacked Jewish communities and ended up killing the men and enslaving the women is based on Muslim historical sources, that means that there are people who:

• believe this is how it happened,
  • believe that the instigator of these events is God's Prophet, and are therefore unable to totally, utterly, and unreservedly condemn, abhor, and abominate such behavior, and
  • are post-pubescent males.

The very existence of individuals satisfying those conditions is a deadly threat.

If, instead, the Islamic world was saying that Muhammad would never do such horrible things, and it is all fabricated Zionist propaganda, even if they were wrong, it wouldn't be a serious problem.

Thank you for your reply Quadibloc,
unlike Wellington, you're mature enough to respond to the content of my
posts, rather than resort to base-less name-calling.

While I disagree with the curt description of the historical events and
the notion that they were entirely based on Muslim accounts (as many
important details were extrapolated by descendants of the Jewish tribes),
I do nonetheless agree with the point you make.
Whether or not the history is accurate or even forged, many political
entities within the "Muslim world" use it for justifying heinous acts, even
despite the nonparallel context or nature of the recorded events.
The sad thing though is that there is not one culture one could cite that
is innocent of this malicious facet of human nature. Mankind is imprisoned
within the bias of the context to which it is raised.
"Peace" being used as a banner of war is an actively employed paradox.
The futility of this unavoidable truth makes blaming any particular religion
counter-productive, especially when it's the political bodies themselves that
are at fault.

Offline wellington1869

Religion
« Reply #839 on: Sat, 11 September 2010, 15:52:08 »
actually i havent yet called you any names. I called ripster a name.
frankly you're not worth it oranjoos.

Offline Oranjoose

Religion
« Reply #840 on: Sat, 11 September 2010, 16:18:38 »
Quote from: wellington1869;221348
konrad, how does it make you feel that oranjoos is the type of person you're attracting? :)

Quote from: wellington1869;221520
ok, i'm going to just come out and say it. Oranjoos is a [edit: remainder of post removed by me cuz its really not worth it. The gist of it was that rational arguments against his posts may be a waste of time].

lol, sorry rippy, i'm not 'pissed off' (tho why that should please you in any case is beyond me... oh yea, cuz you're a troll), my comment above was actually for quadibloc who is attempting rational debate with oranjoos, and i was merely saying to quadibloc, 'dont bother cuz oranjoos is a conspiracy lunatic'. that was really about it.

but hey, you know what? I shall now call you what i was going to call oranjoos: a moron. :-D

Quote from: wellington1869;222082
actually i havent yet called you any names. I called ripster a name.
frankly you're not worth it oranjoos.

Offline wellington1869

Religion
« Reply #841 on: Sat, 11 September 2010, 23:35:38 »
Quote from: Oranjoose;222098

really oranjoos? Didnt you just prove that i didnt call you any names?
In fact I went out of my way to edit a post to remove a name for you, saying it wasnt worth it, as you rightly show above.

thanks for proving my point.

[p.s., i do however reserve the right to call you a name in the future ;) ]
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 September 2010, 23:42:35 by wellington1869 »

Offline Oranjoose

Religion
« Reply #842 on: Sun, 12 September 2010, 00:02:21 »
Quote from: wellington1869;222269
really oranjoos? Didnt you just prove that i didnt call you any names?
In fact I went out of my way to edit a post to remove a name for you, saying it wasnt worth it, as you rightly show above.

thanks for proving my point.

[p.s., i do however reserve the right to call you a name in the future ;) ]

You know, I should be taking the high ground here, but

Quote from: wellington1869;221348
konrad, how does it make you feel that oranjoos is the type of person you're attracting? :)

I guess, you might possibly somehow construe this to be a compliment.

Quote from: wellington1869;221520

You couldn't possibly infer insult out of this

Where I'm from, it's name-calling to refer to someone as a "lunatic," but I'll
give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that in New York City, it's
flattery.
If that last line (in your quote) doesn't imply anything mean, then I guess I'd
be happy to say that I was going to call you illiterate.

On a serious note though, why are we arguing about this? If you're bitter
that I tossed you in my longer post from earlier today, then you're right, I
didn't need to do that. I'm sorry if I offended you.

Offline wellington1869

Religion
« Reply #843 on: Sun, 12 September 2010, 00:40:27 »
where i'm from, name calling is when i address a post to you, and say 'you're a moron'.
i havent done that... yet.
but keep tempting me by telling us about how the CIA put a chip in your head :)

I'm sorry if I offended you

i'm not offended, just disappointed. Not disappointed in you personally (i dont know you), but disappointed that the kinds of conspiracy theories you're floating are still in currency out there.

disheartened that so many people are eager to lean back on such conspiracy theories which merely reinforce their pre-existing biases, rather than do the much harder work of learning the history and politics of these radical movements.  Or unwilling to face the possibility that there may be multiple points of origin for evil in the world after all.

disappointed and disheartened, not offended.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 September 2010, 01:18:06 by wellington1869 »

Offline Konrad

Religion
« Reply #844 on: Sun, 12 September 2010, 07:09:59 »
He called me a pooh-pooh head, oranjoose.

I think I'd rather be a conspiracy theorist, if only because they seem to be more popular.

I think I'm man enough to survive such a maleficent outrage and simply focus on the task of mercilessly skewering away with irrefutably precise rhetoric. Well, sorta.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 September 2010, 07:12:28 by Konrad »

Offline Konrad

Religion
« Reply #845 on: Sun, 12 September 2010, 10:02:20 »
I couldn't find that reference anywhere on western google, Comrade ripster. Maybe it's because in the west this important function is fullfilled with pencils instead of chopsticks.

[Edit]

Perhaps time for a new avatar.

Offline wellington1869

Religion
« Reply #846 on: Sun, 12 September 2010, 10:35:06 »
Quote from: Konrad;222337
He called me a pooh-pooh head, oranjoose.

well, to be precise, i said you were pooh-pooh-ing. ;)

I think I'd rather be a conspiracy theorist, if only because they seem to be more popular.

oh i havent forgotten about your long post, i'm just waiting to block out an hour on my schedule to reply to it
;-)

Offline Lanx

Religion
« Reply #847 on: Sun, 12 September 2010, 11:08:34 »
Quote from: Konrad;222377
I couldn't find that reference anywhere on western google, Comrade ripster. Maybe it's because in the west this important function is fullfilled with pencils instead of chopsticks.

[Edit]

Perhaps time for a new avatar.

I can confirm your findings comrade konrad, also as such the Chinese would never stick a chopstick in anything b/c it'd be an inventation for ghosts to come. (unless it is meant to be such as a funeral, rememberance or altar)

Offline Konrad

Religion
« Reply #848 on: Sun, 12 September 2010, 11:28:30 »
I can't quite make out that black object. A Darth Vader mask? She should remove it for inspection.

I don't believe in ghosts. Technically, christians shouldn't either, holy trinity thing included. Fairy tale nonsense.  So I'll stab chopsticks into anything I like when there's no Chinese around.

Offline itlnstln

Religion
« Reply #849 on: Tue, 28 September 2010, 10:20:41 »
This article seems on-topic.  Discuss.