Author Topic: The Geekhack Calendar (an idea)  (Read 7848 times)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Re: The Geekhack Calendar (an idea)
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 04:42:48 »
I'd like for it to start from Thursday #TBTFTW

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 20:55:00 »
Definitely start it on monday. Having calendars that start on sunday comes from Christians starting their week each week with a gathering to celebrate christ’s resurrection (I think they wanted to distinguish themselves from Jews, who celebrate the sabbath on saturday; for Jews sunday is also the first day of the week, and their weekly gathering comes at the end of the week). For most people, even in the US, the church schedule no longer determines the rhythm of their lives, and it makes more sense to start calendars on monday at the beginning of a typical workweek, the way any weekly pocket planner/calendar does, and the way all the monthly calendars do in Europe and elsewhere (counting weeks starting on a monday is even the ISO standard way to count weeks). Then the weekend is properly lumped together at the end of the week instead of being split in half.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 December 2014, 21:00:47 by jacobolus »

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 01:13:51 »
If you are going to start weeks on Mondays for us Europeans, it would be nice to also have week numbers. Weeks are numbered, at least in Germany and Sweden.

If there is going to be a paper calendar, it is too late now, but you could make a calendar that spans 18 months starting with July 1st or 21 months from April 1st.
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 December 2014, 01:16:06 by Findecanor »
🍉

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 03:47:31 »

If you are going to start weeks on Mondays for us Europeans, it would be nice to also have week numbers. Weeks are numbered, at least in Germany and Sweden.

If there is going to be a paper calendar, it is too late now, but you could make a calendar that spans 18 months starting with July 1st or 21 months from April 1st.
It's too late for January to be of any use, but for the sake of having an annual GH calendar and not having to wait until 2016, I would still buy it even if the first few months had gone by already.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 03:52:15 »

Hell, in the spirit of GH and mech boards, do the calendar in multiple layouts! Haha.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 12:51:43 »
Are we going to have Geekhackers model these keyboards as well?
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing