Author Topic: ~~Ultra Rare~~ Sticky Corn Toast Candy Corn Click Clack MX (eBay)  (Read 12134 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Re: ~~Ultra Rare~~ Sticky Corn Toast Candy Corn Click Clack MX (eBay)
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 00:52:40 »
was waiting for a last second price spike. am still content. jesus reddit
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline MGH

• Lost in translation with a whole ****in' nation

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 01:02:59 »
was waiting for a last second price spike. am still content. jesus reddit

Sometimes you will.  Perhaps this time around everyone has spent their disposable income leading up to Christmas.

A comfortable price, anyway.

And round 2 begins: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Octoberfest-Blank-Cherry-MX-Click-Clack-/161535339462
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 11:46:56 »
What the heck man?! I only got $90 for my oktoberfest..
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 December 2014, 11:57:01 by dustinhxc »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 11:55:50 »

What the **** man?! I could only get $90 for my oktoberfest..

Whoa! When was that? That's so low Dustin.  :(

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 11:57:39 »
Sorry I just can't believe clack prices now lol I thought they were high when I used to collect.
Kind of nice being clack less.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 13:30:36 »
Sorry I just can't believe clack prices now lol I thought they were high when I used to collect.
Yeah, it seems kind of ridiculous. I personally would never pay this much for a single cap, probably the main reason I'm dumping these and putting it into actual keyboards

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 14:14:51 »

Time to sell all those clacks you traded me on eBay! :p

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 14:58:30 »
While artisan caps are nice I do find the price of clacks really high...

I don't think I could ever spend that kind of cash on a single cap when there's so many custom korean boards I could be getting

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 16:15:24 »

Time to sell all those clacks you traded me on eBay! :p

;p lol! It's alright bro, I got some amazing bro bots from you!  :thumb:

Offline RoflCopter4

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 23:20:27 »
My brain hurts a little bit trying to process why any human being would spend over $200 on a single keycap for a keyboard. I really just don't even. I could understand replacing nasty cheap keycaps with higher quality ones, say ones made from PBT, but the idea replacing a single keycap with something of no real practical value that costs more than the keyboard itself simply does not compute.
Acer KB-101A with Blue Alps | HHKB Pro 2 | '85 122 Key IBM Model F | '86 1390131 "Silver Label" Model M | AEK M0115 with Orange Alps | Focus FK-2001 White Alps | Chicony 5181 with SMK "Monterey Blue" Switches | Dell AT101W | Unicomp "Ultra Classic" | Razer Blackwidow 2013

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 23:22:28 »
My brain hurts a little bit trying to process why any human being would spend over $200 on a single keycap for a keyboard. I really just don't even. I could understand replacing nasty cheap keycaps with higher quality ones, say ones made from PBT, but the idea replacing a single keycap with something of no real practical value that costs more than the keyboard itself simply does not compute.

You might be in the wrong forum :P
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 23:24:12 »

You might be in the wrong forum :P

Lol I was waiting to see what would happen
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline RoflCopter4

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 00:01:08 »
I thought this was a forum for people who liked keyboards, not for people who like to knowingly, willingly, and happily spend $200 for $0.01 of plastic. I don't get it. The only reason that thing is expensive is because there aren't many of them, and the only reason there aren't many of them is because nobody is manufacturing them. It wouldn't be difficult to do so if someone were so inclined.
Acer KB-101A with Blue Alps | HHKB Pro 2 | '85 122 Key IBM Model F | '86 1390131 "Silver Label" Model M | AEK M0115 with Orange Alps | Focus FK-2001 White Alps | Chicony 5181 with SMK "Monterey Blue" Switches | Dell AT101W | Unicomp "Ultra Classic" | Razer Blackwidow 2013

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 00:04:26 »
I thought this was a forum for people who liked keyboards, not for people who like to knowingly, willingly, and happily spend $200 for $0.01 of plastic. I don't get it. The only reason that thing is expensive is because there aren't many of them, and the only reason there aren't many of them is because nobody is manufacturing them. It wouldn't be difficult to do so if someone were so inclined.

0.01 of plastic doesn't even begin to cover it. What about the time to make the cap? I don't get why you're so bent out of shape, whether you agree with it or not quite a few people consider them to be pieces of art that you can put on your keyboard. And I wouldn't even start the conversation on counterfeiting them, it's been done before and GH doesn't appreciate it.

« Last Edit: Fri, 02 January 2015, 00:08:14 by bueller »
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 00:18:17 »

Liken keyboard art to painted art.

I can buy a picture frame and some canvas down the road for about $50 (yes, there is a picture frame shop down the road, walking distance, just next to the pizza shop).

Then I can buy some paints from a nearby art shop for another $50.

Bingo - all the ingredients for a Mona Lisa.

So can I buy the real Mona Lisa from the Louvre for $50?  Please?  I promise I won't resell it for $20,000,000! ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 00:35:24 »
Great insight bro, very thought-out and intelligent :thumb: