Author Topic: [GB] "Hack'd by Geeks" Keyset - Full Contour SA (Shipping Corrections)  (Read 329875 times)

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: [GB] "Hack'd by Geeks" Keyset - Full Contour SA (Production)
« Reply #650 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 18:36:14 »
hey guys

really sorry for the poor quality pictures, but i think they are enough to surmise this came out great

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

ill take glory shots as soon as we have them on hand, and they will be shipped out immediately

orange, Orange, ORange, ORAnge, ORANge, ORANGe, ORANGE!!!

I'M READY!!!

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #651 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 18:38:39 »
hey guys

really sorry for the poor quality pictures, but i think they are enough to surmise this came out great

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

ill take glory shots as soon as we have them on hand, and they will be shipped out immediately

Looks amazing! Now I'm super crabby that the Lambda keys sold out before I had a chance to order one!

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #652 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 18:38:54 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

So syked for these! Sexy-ass full countour SA! FAWK YEAH!

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #653 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 18:56:36 »
Looks amazing! Now I'm super crabby that the Lambda keys sold out before I had a chance to order one!

I think I got the last one 7bit had, in OAG orange... but he had plenty in a darker orange, and plenty of OAG orange blanks in SP row 3.

Offline IonutZ

• Stay awhile and listen
    • SC
« Reply #654 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 18:57:35 »
Just so you guys know, 64rky is giving me one of those New York oranges. lolol

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #655 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 18:59:10 »
So excited!! These are going to be awesome. Can't wait to put these on my keyboards! :D

I need to pay someone to build my JD45 don't wanna mess up the board considering I have no soldering skills.

Shoot me a PM. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #656 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 19:00:09 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

I'M READY!!!

Show Image

Speaking of OJ stuff to match this set...

Tekmats4lyfe amirite

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #657 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 19:06:25 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

I'M READY!!!

Show Image

Show Image

Tekmats4lyfe amirite

That Ashen will look great.  Heck they all will.

Looks like I need a new MX board a lot sooner than I expected.  Or maybe a Novatouch.   :-\

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #658 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 19:35:41 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

Usually I never get amazed when visiting here aside from hearing some newb whining about their order or what not, BUT these really took me by surprise.

SIMPLY perfect as is, who would think Grey-tones supplied with Orange Legends could be so SEXY beyond belief.  You've done good here CTRL/ALT designed them to be essentially the BEST looking thus far released from SP's factory.

That is why any CTRL/ALT key-sets are this good to own because at your fingertips you'll have the most stylish key-caps ever made and presented to the public, so if you've got spares - start selling the extras on your website soon.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #659 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 19:44:18 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

I'M READY!!!

Show Image

Show Image

Tekmats4lyfe amirite

Nice,  very nice...

I actually bought a new board (KUL) for this set,  and hunted these caps specifically for this keyset... I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, so looking forward to putting it all together...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #660 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 21:42:52 »
That gray is seriously retro and suits the set perfectly! :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #661 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 22:02:52 »
MY ORANGE IS READY

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #662 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 22:18:45 »
MY ORANGE IS READY

Jelly!

I'm going to slap on my OAG Fallout keys.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #663 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 23:44:18 »
I actually bought a new board (KUL) for this set,  and hunted these caps specifically for this keyset... I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, so looking forward to putting it all together...

Getting a brand new Das 4C Professional Keyboard in TKL format so these babies should fit nicely  :thumb: .

Never thought of ever getting a Das Keyboard but this current version is actually quite okay looking, although I will have to replace the springs with some Korean 85g's.

Offline derezzed

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #664 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 00:02:27 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

Excitement overload, waay better than the renders, jesus o.0! Must touch them

what you trying to say about our mockups bro

hehe

I'll admit, I wasn't impressed by the renders for this set either.  But the finished product looks great.  It makes me wonder why anyone would choose to make an SA set with all row 3. 

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #665 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 02:19:52 »
Renders are flat and completely uniform in colour while the real thing is 3D and reflective.  The colours look pretty damn close so the renders are great, but they could never compare to the real thing which looks perfect.

It makes me wonder why anyone would choose to make an SA set with all row 3.
See those 4 Geek Hack keys?  On a row 3 set you only need 2 as you can put them anywhere.  That row 4 1x FN key?  Won't be perfect on the bottom row.  Row 2 backspace alternatives?  Won't fit on the number row...

If you're playing about with custom layouts an all row 3 set gets you complete flexibility without duplicating keys which is great, but contour feels better.  I (will) have the keys, now I'm going to design a board around them.  Seems the best way to do it!

Thanks JD and all at [ctrl]alt, can't wait to get my fingers on these.  I'm still hopeful for a birthday delivery :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #666 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 02:35:14 »
hey guys

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

HHNGNGN!!! <bites hand>

They look amazing! They're more retro than I expected, but I'm definitely not complaining. They bring to mind electric typewriters, electromechanical adding machines, etc. Classic set! My GON is waiting....
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Shayde

« Reply #667 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 04:32:43 »
Oh my, those are some nice lookin' caps.  They definitely do look better in reality.
Collector-of-switches.  Cherry: red, brown, blue, black, grey (linear), green.  Alps: simp./comp. white, comp. blue, Matias.  NMB: white, black.  Futaba: Cherry stem.  Omron: yellow.  Topre: 45g  Various: Apple II+, TRS80 Model 1, C64, Acorn Electron, ZX81 (lol!).

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #668 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 08:49:33 »
These are gorgeous....I don't know what to do with them! I don't have a board right now that can live up to these keys. What to do?

What are your plans for these keys? Tell me about your fabulous build plans.

I was thinking maybe it's time to build an mx mini, or a phantom. Maybe the Orion V2 ... But.... My wallet....what to do!?

❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline neverused

Re: [GB] &quot;Hack'd by Geeks&quot; Keyset - Full Contour SA (Production)
« Reply #669 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 08:54:22 »
These are gorgeous....I don't know what to do with them! I don't have a board right now that can live up to these keys. What to do?

I was thinking maybe it's time to build an mx mini, or a phantom. Maybe the Orion V2 ... But.... My wallet....what to do!?
I have a hand-wired 65 key that I'm building just for this set.

Offline enddot

« Reply #670 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 09:51:56 »
So happy about this drop. Orange addiction.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #671 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 15:42:45 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

GLORIOUS  O.O

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #672 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 15:44:03 »
Looks epic! Good job JD, bunny and team

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #673 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 17:54:30 »

Wish I bought 3x infinity's, I bought 2x, now I have like ~5 gorgeous sets, but only 2 candidate keyboards, it would've been fun to build each of them with unique properties for different moods

Is the row4 extra shift 1.75x? (otherwise I need to get some blanks, but as far as I see, the keycaps support the infinity layout too)
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #674 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 20:42:56 »

I'm thinking completely custom, something like this (please excuse inaccurate colours and legends :p)

Was hoping for perfect symmetry and straight columns but if I go ANSI I'll have to use a row 3 shift, and hybrid leaves me with an unused traditional backspace key...

Is the row4 extra shift 1.75x? (otherwise I need to get some blanks, but as far as I see, the keycaps support the infinity layout too)

It is according to the mock up :)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #675 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 20:59:18 »

I'm thinking completely custom, something like this (please excuse inaccurate colours and legends :p)

Show Image

Was hoping for perfect symmetry and straight columns but if I go ANSI I'll have to use a row 3 shift, and hybrid leaves me with an unused traditional backspace key...

Very unique. I'm not sure if I could deal with that offset but I'd like to see it made :) Just a shame that arrow cluster is all row 4.

Offline derezzed

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #676 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 23:51:26 »
Renders are flat and completely uniform in colour while the real thing is 3D and reflective.  The colours look pretty damn close so the renders are great, but they could never compare to the real thing which looks perfect.

See those 4 Geek Hack keys?  On a row 3 set you only need 2 as you can put them anywhere.  That row 4 1x FN key?  Won't be perfect on the bottom row.  Row 2 backspace alternatives?  Won't fit on the number row...

If you're playing about with custom layouts an all row 3 set gets you complete flexibility without duplicating keys which is great, but contour feels better.  I (will) have the keys, now I'm going to design a board around them.  Seems the best way to do it!

I'm aware of the issue of SP not having molds for particular sizes and rows for SA but it still seems a shame to make an SA set and not have the SA profile.

hey guys

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

HHNGNGN!!! <bites hand>

They look amazing! They're more retro than I expected, but I'm definitely not complaining. They bring to mind electric typewriters, electromechanical adding machines, etc.

This.

Offline neverused

« Reply #677 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 00:08:55 »

I'm aware of the issue of SP not having molds for particular sizes and rows for SA but it still seems a shame to make an SA set and not have the SA profile.

To me that's like only buying one type of Lego piece. Yes can build things with just one block type, but the different ones make it more versatile and interesting.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #678 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 02:46:55 »
More

Show Image

Very unique. I'm not sure if I could deal with that offset but I'd like to see it made :) Just a shame that arrow cluster is all row 4.

Well the offset the same as on a standard board so it should be familiar, if a little strange looking.  But the arrows?  You're right, not good.  But they're no better embedded in the bottom of a numberpad so I can't see any way round it :(

More

To me that's like only buying one type of Lego piece. Yes can build things with just one block type, but the different ones make it more versatile and interesting.

I wasn't talking about a lack of molds but duplication - on closer inspection this kit has 5 geek hack keys and 3 escapes, these 5 duplicate slots could have been used to make 2 1x ctrls and a second 1x alt and shift adding matrix support at no extra cost to the buyer.  More layouts covered = more buyers = lower cost (in standard PMK group buy format) so I can see why people are tempted to do it.

This is my first SA set and it's not row 3 - my money has spoken :)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline omen7288

« Reply #679 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 11:18:14 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

Oh my those look good. Was going to put in a planck build but those modifiers are all beautiful!
Planck MX Blue
Keycool PBT
RK-9000I MX Blues, Vortex PBTRK-9000 MX Blues

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #680 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 11:26:56 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

Oh my those look good. Was going to put in a planck build but those modifiers are all beautiful!

Do you have a layout where all the profiles are the same? I would like to try them on my Planck but I can't see how to get them to fit. Escpecially with the row 4 arrow cluster  :(  :(

Offline omen7288

« Reply #681 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 22:53:09 »
Do you have a layout where all the profiles are the same? I would like to try them on my Planck but I can't see how to get them to fit. Escpecially with the row 4 arrow cluster  :(  :(

I do not. Still need to put my planck together as I just received it this week and have some other projects that I need to finish first.

Nice build log on your planck. I noticed you are the main one on http://planckkeyboard.com/!
Planck MX Blue
Keycool PBT
RK-9000I MX Blues, Vortex PBTRK-9000 MX Blues

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #682 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 22:15:19 »
Hack'd arrived today, I will begin shipping it out as soon as tonight.

Happy 420 everyone! :D

Offline solarax

« Reply #683 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 22:22:02 »
What board is that

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #684 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 22:25:22 »
A nerd 60 by gon, in iso hhkb layout.

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #685 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 22:25:38 »

Show Image

Offline neverused

« Reply #686 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 22:36:12 »
That looks awesome, can't wait to get my set too. Thanks again for the updates!

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #687 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 23:54:29 »

Show Image

....and now I want a 60%.  :D

Pretty please show a pic from the side... I'd like to see how full contour SA caps look from the side, on a low-profile case like this.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #688 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 23:58:00 »

Show Image

OMGOMGOMG

This was sooo quick! I cant wait to add another SA set to the collection :D
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #689 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 00:00:56 »

Show Image

Pretty please show a pic from the side... I'd like to see how full contour SA caps look from the side, on a low-profile case like this.

Shall look like the side on view of the Himalayan mountain, so strap on some cold weather gear to your fingers and climb that bastard when it arrives  :p .

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #690 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 01:57:10 »

Show Image

Oh yeah baby! Looking forward to get my hand on it for sure! :D

EDIT: Are you the one in charge of shipping to Europe as well or is it Bunny? I know the answer has been given but I forgot it ...

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #691 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 05:54:01 »
Hey Cody or Bunny I bought into the sale after it closed and just want to make sure that you guys have me on your list as I never received a confirmation for ctrlalt. Thanks alot for doing this so much hype !!!!!!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #692 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 05:57:42 »
Hey Cody or Bunny I bought into the sale after it closed and just want to make sure that you guys have me on your list as I never received a confirmation for ctrlalt. Thanks alot for doing this so much hype !!!!!!

you will only get a confirmation if you ordered through the site

i have you down though so itll be sorted out for you, and ill be able to give you tracking once its out

dont quote me on this but i think cody has daddy duties today so most likely this buy will all be shipped on wednesday, but as i say, wait until i speak to cody to take that as gospal
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #693 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 06:41:22 »

you will only get a confirmation if you ordered through the site

i have you down though so itll be sorted out for you, and ill be able to give you tracking once its out

dont quote me on this but i think cody has daddy duties today so most likely this buy will all be shipped on wednesday, but as i say, wait until i speak to cody to take that as gospal
Thanks for the confirmation bunny that's all I was wondering  :thumb: thanks a lot all and I'm super excited ... Also thanks for answering all my questions the other day bunnz I know your a busy guy! Cody take time with your kids Wednesdays cool for me  :)
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #694 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 09:58:36 »

Show Image

I will be attempting some better pictures soon. :D

Show Image

EDIT: Are you the one in charge of shipping to Europe as well or is it Bunny? I know the answer has been given but I forgot it ...

I am shipping everything.  ;)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #695 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 10:58:16 »
stoked on this set, and once i get mine ill get fancy pics up for everyone, although im sure most people will have it before me

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #696 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 11:01:47 »

Show Image

I will be attempting some better pictures soon. :D

Show Image

I am shipping everything.  ;)
Alright cool. Thanks for the answer. Looking forward to have it on my board!

Have a nice day with your kids. ;)
stoked on this set, and once i get mine ill get fancy pics up for everyone, although im sure most people will have it before me
Does it take longer to get to UK compared to other European countries? Looking forward to see your pretty pictures!

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #697 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 15:36:40 »
codys pic

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #698 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 15:43:46 »
codys pic

Show Image

That grey and orange contrast is beautiful

Offline KHAANNN

Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days