Author Topic: Any good keylogger  (Read 4881 times)

Offline JackMills

Any good keylogger
« on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 11:00:47 »
I am looking for a good offline keylogger that will register any key I use (also arrows, PgUp ...).

With my Infinity on the way I would like to gather data on my typing habits and on the diversity of text that I type. Based on that information I would like to figure out a layout to implement on the Infinity.

I am already familiar with the necessary layout analysis tools, but these are based on documents that I typed and not so much on daily input (lync conversations, web searches). I think I could be a bit more diverse by logging just any key I use.
Also would it be interesting to see what other keys i use often, such as backspace, left shift,...

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
Re: Any good keylogger
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 11:04:47 »
I use WhatPulse, but if you are looking for a FOSS alternative, I googled up this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pykeylogger/
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline JackMills

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 11:12:47 »
FOSS is what I am looking for indeed (didn't know the term until now) and also one that is not prone to do some illegal stuff. But it looks like I can examine the script for that one, so I will give that a go.

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 11:23:04 »
91282-0
eh o well

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:20:50 »
OS? If GNU/Linux, the most common two are logkeys and LKL.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 21:06:50 »
I've been using whatpulse for 11 months, so far so good
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline JackMills

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 00:57:37 »
OS? If GNU/Linux, the most common two are logkeys and LKL.
OS would be Windows.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 01:08:56 »
I was totally about to lock this thread and ban all of you for trying to distribute warez :))

Offline JackMills

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 02:28:57 »
I was totally about to lock this thread and ban all of you for trying to distribute warez :))
And I thought I was just asking for some innocent tool.

Anyhow I will be looking for something to compile myself, because downloading a keylogger triggered antivirus and I just received an email from IT, asking me what I was doing.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 04:14:04 »
I use WhatPulse, but if you are looking for a FOSS alternative, I googled up this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pykeylogger/
That's not an alternative. PyKeylogger is an open-source keylogger that works locally, while WhatPulse is a proprietary service (have you actually read the ToS? last time I checked, the client software was a subject to change at any time without any announcements required) that sends that sends user data to a third party—using that is outright stupid (even if it's not a keylogger, ever heard of side-channel attacks?).

Offline Korth

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 23 February 2015, 20:49:07 »
Google "keyboard heatmap"

There's a few decent freewares of the sort around.  I think some even log make/break scancodes, so they should indicate every possible keystroke.  Not sure if any of these supports special/nonstandard keyboard features, programmable macros and media/LED controllers and Windows lockout keys and the like.

Offline JackMills

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 04:21:35 »
Google "keyboard heatmap"

There's a few decent freewares of the sort around.  I think some even log make/break scancodes, so they should indicate every possible keystroke.  Not sure if any of these supports special/nonstandard keyboard features, programmable macros and media/LED controllers and Windows lockout keys and the like.

I am looking into making my own keylogger, as it can be good exercise for my non-existent coding skills, and I just found some interesting explanation on creating your own heatmaps with Python. So thanks for the google suggestion (although I found it using DuckDuckGo  :D)