Author Topic: New Canadian !  (Read 3904 times)

Offline tchevass

• open wide
New Canadian !
« on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 14:57:07 »
Hello, my name is Philippe or Tchevass

Im not Montreal, Canada and im kinda new to the mechanical keyboard community.
I have been using a mech since 2012, but I bought a new one 1 month ago.
I bought a Leopold FC750R with MX Brown, then I bought a Noppoo Choc Mini with MX Reds, but I don't like it.

So here is my Leopold :

I know this is a bad picture, but it is the best I can do..

« Last Edit: Sat, 14 March 2015, 14:58:41 by tchevass »
I want clacks

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: New Canadian !
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 15:30:44 »
Welcome fellow Canadian! Don't worry about bad pics, we can handle the potatoes! Board looks great :)

Offline sirisaac1982

• The Answer is 42...
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 15:57:42 »
Hello, my name is Philippe or Tchevass

Im not Montreal, Canada and im kinda new to the mechanical keyboard community.
I have been using a mech since 2012, but I bought a new one 1 month ago.
I bought a Leopold FC750R with MX Brown, then I bought a Noppoo Choc Mini with MX Reds, but I don't like it.

So here is my Leopold :
Show Image

I know this is a bad picture, but it is the best I can do..
Welcome, glad to see more Canadians  :thumb:
Thats a nice board you've got there. I just wondering why you didnt like the Noppoo Choc, I was looking at it recently. 

Offline tchevass

• open wide
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 16:50:34 »
Thats a nice board you've got there. I just wondering why you didnt like the Noppoo Choc, I was looking at it recently.

I don't like the feel of the MX Red
I want clacks

Offline sirisaac1982

• The Answer is 42...
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 17:13:59 »

oh I see, keyboard build quality is good though? I was looking at it in cherry mx blue

Offline tchevass

• open wide
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 17:27:10 »

oh I see, keyboard build quality is good though? I was looking at it in cherry mx blue

Well, compared to my Leopold it sucks.. But its a good board overall, but it would be hard to find a keyset for this board since its not standard.

Also, I have the version 1 of the board, so I don't know about version 2.
I want clacks

Offline sirisaac1982

• The Answer is 42...
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 17:33:27 »

Well, compared to my Leopold it sucks.. But its a good board overall, but it would be hard to find a keyset for this board since its not standard.

Also, I have the version 1 of the board, so I don't know about version 2.
Good to know, I'll most likely go with a KBC Poker II or something with a standard layout for a mini board.

Offline tchevass

• open wide
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 17:35:41 »
Good to know, I'll most likely go with a KBC Poker II or something with a standard layout for a mini board.
Yeah, I wanted a Poker II also, but it seems that the Pok3r release in May so I guess I can wait.
I want clacks

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 23:45:48 »
Welcome to wallet hack; where the goods are mighty fine, but the exchange rate is (currently) not!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 02:44:57 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Tai Hao keycaps?  They are surprisingly good and add a nice splash of colour to a keyboard :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tchevass

• open wide
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 08:29:52 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Tai Hao keycaps?  They are surprisingly good and add a nice splash of colour to a keyboard :)

Yeah I like them, but now im looking for a toxic set, Tai Hao keycaps looks boring.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 March 2015, 08:32:05 by tchevass »
I want clacks

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 04:27:29 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Yeah I like them, but now im looking for a toxic set, Tai Hao keycaps looks boring.

Good luck with the Toxic!  There might be some extras in a couple of the online stores, and BunnyLake might have one or two extra sets left.

Also a few people are dropping out of the buy, or selling their sets before they receive them.  Best to register your interest in the GB thread now!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tchevass

• open wide
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 05:37:36 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Good luck with the Toxic!  There might be some extras in a couple of the online stores, and BunnyLake might have one or two extra sets left.

Also a few people are dropping out of the buy, or selling their sets before they receive them.  Best to register your interest in the GB thread now!
Thank you very much ! You guys are so helpful!
I want clacks

Offline random_rockets

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 23:21:40 »
Oh hey tchevass we meet again! Check over the keyboard section there is a thread abought meeting up to try  out a topre keyboard

Offline tchevass

• open wide
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 00:09:42 »
Oh hey tchevass we meet again! Check over the keyboard section there is a thread abought meeting up to try  out a topre keyboard
Thank you random ! Nice to see you here.
I want clacks

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 08:33:20 »
Just a heads up if you are interested sir: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53593

Offline tchevass

• open wide
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 08:50:43 »
Just a heads up if you are interested sir: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53593
Already posted in the thread, but thank you !
I want clacks