Author Topic: Hello I guess.  (Read 1907 times)

Offline BurgerBum

• Location: Portland, where we're a mixture of the 60's 90's pie... mm... pie.
Hello I guess.
« on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 03:37:11 »
Hi, I'm Terrah, just... a boring teenage stubborn and vulgar girl who likes music and tech.
That's it I guess... *shrugs*
I'll be building my new PC soon and delving into keyboards eventually, (ask me about either if you have any questions, I'm happy to answer)
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 March 2015, 03:43:06 by BurgerBum »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: Hello I guess.
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 03:43:43 »
Hhkb is love
Hhkb is life

Offline BurgerBum

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 03:57:19 »
Hhkb is love
Hhkb is life
xP lol

hi!

just a quick question... any way i can get a custom PCB for this keyboard layout?
http://goo.gl/52ZEpW

i would love it if i can get that EXACT layount. :3 :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 03:57:29 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Have you got a mechanical keyboard?  Or researching to buy one?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BurgerBum

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 04:02:05 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

ages ago i had a model M and a badass dual proccesor machine and crazy setup. i was madly in love.
then........ a large part of my life happened.
now im sitting here with a cheapo HP laptop two daisy chained monitors and an ugly HORRIBLE (and ciggarette smelling) membrane keyboard i dug up from a dumpter. atleast its got media controls. xP

Offline BurgerBum

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 04:07:04 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

ages ago i had a model M and a badass dual proccesor machine and crazy setup. i was madly in love.
then........ a large part of my life happened.
now im sitting here with a cheapo HP laptop two daisy chained monitors and an ugly HORRIBLE (and ciggarette smelling) membrane keyboard i dug up from a dumpter. atleast its got media controls. xP

basically, once my new PC is built i'll be looking into making my own keyboard, keypad (for gaming, to replace WASD and whatnot, basically just a nastromo) and the rest of my peripherials... :D

i should probably get to sleep... have to setup the audio eqquippement for my church in a few hours, been a day or two scince i last slept. (possibly three... )
best way to get my attention would be an EMAIL scince im new here, dont know my way around quite yet and only recently set the site to open when i start chrome.

nighty night everyone! *immediatly passed out on my desk*

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 04:54:45 »
Build a Nostromo - I don't think anyone has quite done that yet.

A custom keypad might suffice as a base.

Anyway, good night :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BurgerBum

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 15:23:01 »
Build a Nostromo - I don't think anyone has quite done that yet.

A custom keypad might suffice as a base.

Anyway, good night :)

:D yeah, the PCB for like a 10-key number pad and some wood, blah blah blah. xP
like this :

:D

anyway, im off to go watch mulan live. soooooo BYE for a bit. ;/

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 04:42:46 »
Whoa - I like the foot pedal in that video!

If you do proceed with this, please create a thread in making stuff together to record your progress.  It will be a good build log for you, and a great reference for anyone who wants to follow.

Plus there's a few guys here who do wonderful things with wood - they might even be interested in doing a small run of wooden parts for something like this!