Author Topic: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler. Pics posted...  (Read 364177 times)

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
Re: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler
« Reply #400 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 12:28:45 »
I think it would be interesting to know how many folks that have bought keyboards on MD even have a numpad or arrow keys.  It seems like EVERY WEEK there's a new buy for a 60% board on there that doesn't have these features.  I have to think that the majority of the MK customers on MD won't ever take those keys out of their bags/tray.

Actually, just a cursory look on there was interesting.  Many of the full size keyboards on there featured their backlighting (meaning, this seemed to be the primary selling point of the board), so I would assume most of those users would not be interested in this set because it doesn't work with their keyboard's pretty colors.  Just thought I would point that out.

I get that people like to make generalizations about the average MD customer, and to some extent those generalizations are right. However, I think acting like someone who bought their Poker from MD, is not someone who would also care about profile, or someone who bought a backlit board would not be in the market for these keys is limiting the scope for no good reason. I got my Poker at MD. I also got my Noppoo EC108 from MD (not backlit, but still). But I also have an SSK, and a JD40, I am also building out my own boards using a NERD V60 PCB and I ordered the Infinity kit (clearly, I have a problem with self control guys).

It is true that some of the user base at MD is less....engaged that people here on GH, but that doesn't mean that someone who bought their Poker (or whatever else) at MD isn't someone who can appreciate this set, or the idiosyncrasies it brings along with it.  I'm not trying to be difficult or anything, I see this a lot though - the attitude of "Oh, they just got a Poker from MD, you can't expect them to be that in tune with the hobby." Or that somehow because they don't own something of enthusiast level value - be that a classic board like a Kishsaver, or something new like a 365mini their opinion is of less value. No one starts out being elite. Is MD the best, no. But just because someone picked up their board from there shouldn't automatically discount their knowledge on the subject.

This isn't really directed at anyone in particular (even though I did quote heedpants), but it is something I see a lot. People say that people here at GH at elitist and sometimes that is very true.

For the record, I'm listed as buyer #11 in this drop. I will probably put in on my Poker since that is what I use as my daily driver. I might put it on something later on, like a TKL where I am dealing with the different profiles. But I joined the drop knowing this. I am not one of the uneducated masses. Would I have chosen to have a different profile for those bottom row keys? No, probably not. But I'm okay with the decision and the reaonsing behind it.

I guess that ends my rant for the day. Now, let's all be friends and make this get to 500. I love you guys.  :)
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #401 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 12:42:42 »

I think it would be interesting to know how many folks that have bought keyboards on MD even have a numpad or arrow keys.  It seems like EVERY WEEK there's a new buy for a 60% board on there that doesn't have these features.  I have to think that the majority of the MK customers on MD won't ever take those keys out of their bags/tray.

Actually, just a cursory look on there was interesting.  Many of the full size keyboards on there featured their backlighting (meaning, this seemed to be the primary selling point of the board), so I would assume most of those users would not be interested in this set because it doesn't work with their keyboard's pretty colors.  Just thought I would point that out.

I get that people like to make generalizations about the average MD customer, and to some extent those generalizations are right. However, I think acting like someone who bought their Poker from MD, is not someone who would also care about profile, or someone who bought a backlit board would not be in the market for these keys is limiting the scope for no good reason. I got my Poker at MD. I also got my Noppoo EC108 from MD (not backlit, but still). But I also have an SSK, and a JD40, I am also building out my own boards using a NERD V60 PCB and I ordered the Infinity kit (clearly, I have a problem with self control guys).

It is true that some of the user base at MD is less....engaged that people here on GH, but that doesn't mean that someone who bought their Poker (or whatever else) at MD isn't someone who can appreciate this set, or the idiosyncrasies it brings along with it.  I'm not trying to be difficult or anything, I see this a lot though - the attitude of "Oh, they just got a Poker from MD, you can't expect them to be that in tune with the hobby." Or that somehow because they don't own something of enthusiast level value - be that a classic board like a Kishsaver, or something new like a 365mini their opinion is of less value. No one starts out being elite. Is MD the best, no. But just because someone picked up their board from there shouldn't automatically discount their knowledge on the subject.

This isn't really directed at anyone in particular (even though I did quote heedpants), but it is something I see a lot. People say that people here at GH at elitist and sometimes that is very true.

For the record, I'm listed as buyer #11 in this drop. I will probably put in on my Poker since that is what I use as my daily driver. I might put it on something later on, like a TKL where I am dealing with the different profiles. But I joined the drop knowing this. I am not one of the uneducated masses. Would I have chosen to have a different profile for those bottom row keys? No, probably not. But I'm okay with the decision and the reaonsing behind it.

I guess that ends my rant for the day. Now, let's all be friends and make this get to 500. I love you guys.  :)

It's possible I was unclear in my post. I'm sorry if it came across as looking down on MD buyers or Poker users (for the record, I have 3 original Pokers and use them every day). Well maybe I did jab the backlit users, but all in good fun.

What I mean is that the profile distinctives between the main keys, arrow cluster, and numpad will not affect Poker users and likely not affect users of other similar layouts, simply because we have no use of those keys. It doesn't matter if you're new to the hobby or a longtime Mod of GH and DT. You just won't see the difference if you're putting these on a 60.

If I had a backlit board (and I used to) I probably am not interested because of how crappy traditional double shot keys sometimes look on backlit boards. The waffle pattern of the inside of the cap where the two plastics merge often shine through and just look goofy. So that's my thinking.

Again, has nothing to do with the experience of the user.

My assumption that MD users are mainly 60 users is based on my hypothesis  that more 60's have been sold on there than full size or tenkeyless. Again, nothing to do with the user's experience, just has to do with what seems to be popular on there.

Lastly, the other data is interesting and I appreciate knowing that now. Thanks!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #402 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 12:46:05 »
Not true at all.  People love data on here, it's just most data presented is not from a representative sample or is pulled from someone's ass.  If the data isn't flawed, people love it.  Just most data I've seen is flawed "data".

As an statistician by trade, I know "data quality" - called it representativeness -, is mostly a qualitative attribute, unless a careful research protocol is prepared well in advance; personally, I prefer experimental to observational data. In the other hand most data could be use to get an approximation of how a population is, up to certain extend, with adequate qualitative qualifications. There is no such thing as flawless data, because using samples to understand populations is a process full of errors, uncertainty, and "flaws", but that flawed data is all we have.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #403 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 12:52:09 »
Not true at all.  People love data on here, it's just most data presented is not from a representative sample or is pulled from someone's ass.  If the data isn't flawed, people love it.  Just most data I've seen is flawed "data".

As an statistician by trade, I know "data quality" - called it representativeness -, is mostly a qualitative attribute, unless a careful research protocol is prepared well in advance; personally, I prefer experimental to observational data. In the other hand most data could be use to get an approximation of how a population is, up to certain extend, with adequate qualitative qualifications. There is no such thing as flawless data, because using samples to understand populations is a process full of errors, uncertainty, and "flaws", but that flawed data is all we have.

I know you and I are basically agreeing, but I just want to give a little more clarification since I think we're disagreeing on some key points.  The point of any data set is to use the least flawed data.  The typical data sets I've seen are just too flawed in the representativeness of the sample and the surveys are too flawed internally to really make any generalizations from.  At best, the data is representative of subset of a community.  There's nothing wrong with that, but broader statements about the larger community cannot be extrapolated from the data and we really shouldn't do so. 

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #404 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 13:02:55 »
It's possible I was unclear in my post. I'm sorry if it came across as looking down on MD buyers or Poker users (for the record, I have 3 original Pokers and use them every day). Well maybe I did jab the backlit users, but all in good fun.

What I mean is that the profile distinctives between the main keys, arrow cluster, and numpad will not affect Poker users and likely not affect users of other similar layouts, simply because we have no use of those keys. It doesn't matter if you're new to the hobby or a longtime Mod of GH and DT. You just won't see the difference if you're putting these on a 60.

If I had a backlit board (and I used to) I probably am not interested because of how crappy traditional double shot keys sometimes look on backlit boards. The waffle pattern of the inside of the cap where the two plastics merge often shine through and just look goofy. So that's my thinking.

Again, has nothing to do with the experience of the user.

My assumption that MD users are mainly 60 users is based on my hypothesis  that more 60's have been sold on there than full size or tenkeyless. Again, nothing to do with the user's experience, just has to do with what seems to be popular on there.

Lastly, the other data is interesting and I appreciate knowing that now. Thanks!

Like I said, my post wasn't aimed at you, so sorry for quoting you. I perhaps was being a bit over sensitive since it is something I feel has come up a lot. Your post certainly didn't contain an aggressive or condescending tone.

And, of course you are correct, that the vast majority of 60% users won't ever experience a difference in profile. Which is one of many reasons why the different row heights is okay with me. I also agree with you that the waffle effect when using doubleshots on a backlit keyboard is terrible. I will say though, that I do like some flashy backlighting every once and a while. It is a weakness, for sure.

Thanks for responding. I feel much better now that I've said my peice on the subject. Sometimes we all just need to vent a little bit.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #405 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 13:13:13 »

I know you and I are basically agreeing, but I just want to give a little more clarification since I think we're disagreeing on some key points.  The point of any data set is to use the least flawed data.  The typical data sets I've seen are just too flawed in the representativeness of the sample and the surveys are too flawed internally to really make any generalizations from.  At best, the data is representative of subset of a community.  There's nothing wrong with that, but broader statements about the larger community cannot be extrapolated from the data and we really shouldn't do so.

True! and now, I fully agree with your statements; by qualifying the data is the way we can draw some useful conclusions from it.

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #406 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 13:34:33 »
fixing the profile issue for TKL users is as simple as three R4 keys, no?  seems like an addon set that small and inexpensive has the potential to hit MOQ.

i really don't care about the profile difference, but i'd be in for several of them just to help people who do care enjoy this set!

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #407 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 15:51:50 »
I was actually thinking of sitting this one out, but these tall arrow keys are making me think it'd actually be really cool on my fc660m, which doesn't even have a gap between the arrows and the rest of the bottom row.
TKL-users -  just deal with it. Or better yet, enjoy it!

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #408 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 16:10:17 »
I was actually thinking of sitting this one out, but these tall arrow keys are making me think it'd actually be really cool on my fc660m, which doesn't even have a gap between the arrows and the rest of the bottom row.
95312-0

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #409 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 16:23:19 »

The FC660M is a very special board, that no standard set fits. It is not a problem of the set, but a problem with the board.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #410 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 16:34:02 »

The FC660M is a very special board, that no standard set fits. It is not a problem of the set, but a problem with the board.

its really a problem of the people who buy the board

its an interesting board with an interesting layout, but people need to understand the limitations of it and manage their expectations accordingly
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #411 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 18:10:40 »

its really a problem of the people who buy the board

its an interesting board with an interesting layout, but people need to understand the limitations of it and manage their expectations accordingly

I have stopped asking for the caps to make the sets to fit it. It has Granite, Skull Sq. and the purple mods, already.

Offline GSimon

« Reply #412 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 20:22:10 »
even after I compromised on the winkey specifically for you and others because that was apparently the "make or break" issue.

Whaat? JD's the reason I'm not getting a Windows 8 key and he's not even in on the set?

Either way, great work intelli in bringing the design to market. It's already well on its way to passing the 500 mark and the focus should be on the overwhelming majority of people who are happy and satisfied (enough) with the set in its final form.

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #413 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 20:24:28 »

Whaat? JD's the reason I'm not getting a Windows 8 key and he's not even in on the set?

no, he's the reason you're not getting a pad-printed win95 key.

Offline GSimon

« Reply #414 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 20:29:13 »

Ew nvm then haha. Pad printed on a Doubleshot set? Yea I'll take the retro Winkey, fair compromise

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #415 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 20:33:05 »

Ew nvm then haha. Pad printed on a Doubleshot set? Yea I'll take the retro Winkey, fair compromise
But GMK pad print is clear coated and very hq.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 March 2015, 20:34:37 by pwnnarwhal »

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #416 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 20:34:09 »

No, he just agreed with others preferring double-shot to pad-printed.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65724.msg1663658#msg1663658

Offline GSimon

« Reply #417 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 20:41:03 »

Do you have any examples of one? Even still, hard to beat Doubleshot.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #418 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 20:41:50 »

Nope, but I have heard. And who uses the winkey enough to wear it down

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #419 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 21:20:36 »
every morning, the first thing was to see the persons have joined in. Two days elapsed , the number almost stalled on the verge of 200+. crossfingers.
Now, the old question is that whether we could't reach the 500MOQ, the group expired date will be extended for more days to meet the MOQ?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #420 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 21:24:32 »
every morning, the first thing was to see the persons have joined in. Two days elapsed , the number almost stalled on the verge of 200+. crossfingers.
Now, the old question is that whether we could't reach the 500MOQ, the group expired date will be extended for more days to meet the MOQ?

We're 75% of the way there.  I don't think any vendors have committed yet either.  Also, remember when this went live.  Some people may be waiting until tomorrow or Saturday for their paycheck to clear. 

I may or may not add another, but we should be able to tip this.  I know with Hyperfuse we had a rush toward the end.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #421 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 21:24:39 »

Not worried about it, there will be a lot of people joining in the last few days, and still expecting some bulk orders. I'm sure it's doing just as well as Hyperfuse did in the first couple days.  :thumb: It's gonna tip.

Anybody who can afford to double or triple your order, go for it, it'll get us there that much faster.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline GSimon

« Reply #422 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 21:25:05 »

I'm fairly certain it will reach MOQ, there is a lot of momentum. If only 14 people a day buy the set up until the last day it will be fine.

Offline morpheus

« Reply #423 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 21:25:37 »
Oh great I can see it now:
I would like a "Windeaux" key, spelled just like that. I think a lot of Louisiana French-Southern descent keyboardists would agree.

GIVE IT TO ME  :))

Sorry, can't hype like the masters here haha

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #424 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 21:28:27 »
I would like a "Windeaux" key, spelled just like that. I think a lot of Louisiana French-Southern descent keyboardists would agree.

Show Image

I had that game on NES  :thumb:
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #425 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 21:32:41 »
Someone should post it on reddit again in a few days, like 2 days before it ends. It is quite easy to miss content that is more than 1 day old and we might reach some people that missed the previous post.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #426 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 21:38:35 »

I'm fairly certain it will reach MOQ, there is a lot of momentum. If only 14 people a day buy the set up until the last day it will be fine.

Not worried at all, in fact, there's a good chance there's going to be a big jump into 600-800 range when some of the Asian communities place bulk orders.

Someone should post it on reddit again in a few days, like 2 days before it ends. It is quite easy to miss content that is more than 1 day old and we might reach some people that missed the previous post.

I've got that under control, no worries  :p

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #427 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 21:56:50 »

Show Image

That game had the best funky music.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline morpheus

« Reply #428 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 22:12:29 »

Show Image

That game had the best funky music.

Oh hell yeah, but the game was ****ing hard as hell. It was one of the few NES games I never beat.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #429 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 22:26:46 »
Oh, I meant to mention this before. Intelli, you should do a writeup and submit it to Engadget. They love "return from retro" kind of stuff and have a HUGE, affluent readership.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline intelli78

« Reply #430 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 22:54:11 »
Oh, I meant to mention this before. Intelli, you should do a writeup and submit it to Engadget. They love "return from retro" kind of stuff and have a HUGE, affluent readership.
I pitched it to Verge, Engadget, Gizmodo, GigaOM, ZDNet,  and TechCrunch earlier this week. No dice so far. If anybody has any connections...let me know.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #431 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 02:42:38 »
I pitched it to Verge, Engadget, Gizmodo, GigaOM, ZDNet,  and TechCrunch earlier this week. No dice so far. If anybody has any connections...let me know.
Wow, the amount of effort you are putting into this is incredible!

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #432 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 03:09:29 »
(Attachment Link)

With all due respect, this is Massdrop info for Massdrop people. Out of the box it won't work on fc660m, but it can be made to work just fine with a little bit of effort. There's a 2u shift to use while searching for an ISO user willing to part with their unused 2.25u shift. Stem transplant surgery will be required for the space bar. And the winkey will be either a grey 1u blank, or the green 1u fn legend. Not too shabby!

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #433 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 03:54:21 »
(Attachment Link)

With all due respect, this is Massdrop info for Massdrop people. Out of the box it won't work on fc660m, but it can be made to work just fine with a little bit of effort. There's a 2u shift to use while searching for an ISO user willing to part with their unused 2.25u shift. Stem transplant surgery will be required for the space bar. And the winkey will be either a grey 1u blank, or the green 1u fn legend. Not too shabby!

to be more correct, it's the 1.75x shift you should find, and yes it's much easier since it's exactly like the left one, so ISO user more likely to part it  for you with a fair offer, unlike the arkward 2x shift that the only keyboards using them is the 11800/11900

and then yes you  still have to deal with the weird stab mount of the spacer
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #434 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 12:11:08 »

I'm seeing this GB every day since it started in "Current Products" or "New Products" e-mails from Massdrop.

It feels a little bit scary !

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #435 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 12:15:32 »
Just shy of 80% there.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #436 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 12:23:11 »
(Attachment Link)

to be more correct, it's the 1.75x shift you should find, and yes it's much easier since it's exactly like the left one, so ISO user more likely to part it  for you with a fair offer, unlike the arkward 2x shift that the only keyboards using them is the 11800/11900

and then yes you  still have to deal with the weird stab mount of the spacer

The two shift keys in the FC660M are 2.25u; thus, the left one is standard ANSI, the right one is shorter than a standard ANSI, that is 2.75u.

Offline mz/x

« Reply #437 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 16:14:43 »
To intelli78:

I know that you had to deal with all other urgent questions ...
Have you had any chance to find out whether MD can mark the package to Europe (including the UK) as re-import perhaps with zero duty value please?

No... I must have missed your reply. I don't remember getting a clear answer to the question: Is this import duty something separate from VAT? VAT is unavoidable but if it's something else, I can bring it up to them again.
Thanks intelli. Yes it is separate. When you receive something in the EU (varies a bit by country) if the value of imported goods is above certain threshold you have to pay duty + Vat. In this case we can eliminate "duty" because it is re-import. (Note that theoretically there should not be any duty because it is a keyboard parts but I often had to pay duty regardless. This is what we want to avoid.) :thumb:
To intelli78:
I am not sure whether you heard back from MD about labelling the packages to the EU (incl. UK) are re-import?

My second question is ... I am kind of worried to ask  :)) ... are you planning to introduce later on (in the future) add-on keycaps as a separate GB? I will definitely be interested to get some extra items such as R4 arrows or even other special goodies.

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #438 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 19:43:32 »
98 to go!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #439 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 19:52:24 »
Took you long enough Photoelectric ;)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #440 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 20:08:23 »

Sorry for the poor quality.  Keep in mind that the OG Cherry WoB has been heavily used for years and years (presumably at least 20 years).

OG Cherry WoB (heavily used):

OG Cherry WoB by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

GMK Dolch Replica (new):

GMK Dolch Replica by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

GMK Purple Mods (new):

GMK Purple Mods by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

GMK Cyrillic (new):

GMK Cyrillic by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

None of these caps have been used by myself.  I have their respective sets on winkeyless boards, so these caps have been in bags since I received them.   ;D

Note how clean and fresh the GMK Cyrillic pad printing looks.  Then remember it takes about 20 years of heavy (POS) use to reach the level of wear you can see in the OG Cherry WoB caps.

I know this is a bit tangential for a GB thread, but I've seen a few requests for this and wanted to fulfill them.   :thumb:

Also, I'm happy to take more photos of these caps in various configurations if anyone would like.  :)

Offline pryedthirdeye

« Reply #441 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 23:50:47 »
Committed!! Can't wait! I'll have a hard time choosing to display this or hyperfuse :)
clicky clicky

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #442 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 03:53:24 »
Committed!! Can't wait! I'll have a hard time choosing to display this or hyperfuse :)

Get a number of keyboards then there will be no problem showing off both  8) .

Offline CyriusG

« Reply #443 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 06:24:39 »
Only 90 sets from reaching MOQ and with about a week left.  :thumb:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #444 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 06:24:54 »
90 more orders required within 7 days to meet the MOQ.

For those sitting on the fence these TA's won't be repeated ever, this will be JUST the one and ONLY time they are presented to the public here for purchase.

Make sure they get through because you want these babies sitting in keyboards for the years ahead.  The people of the future will notice how unique they look as well as how beautiful they are to type with on virtually any CherryMX switch  :thumb: .

These represent the absolute BEST of yesteryear in ancient keyboards yet will look elegant and superior with any keyboard now, trust me you'll want these as badly as the Hyperfuse  8) .
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 March 2015, 06:27:55 by Elrick »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #445 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 07:41:56 »

Sorry for the poor quality.  Keep in mind that the OG Cherry WoB has been heavily used for years and years (presumably at least 20 years).

OG Cherry WoB (heavily used):
Show Image

OG Cherry WoB by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

GMK Dolch Replica (new):
Show Image

GMK Dolch Replica by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

GMK Purple Mods (new):
Show Image

GMK Purple Mods by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

GMK Cyrillic (new):
Show Image

GMK Cyrillic by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

None of these caps have been used by myself.  I have their respective sets on winkeyless boards, so these caps have been in bags since I received them.   ;D

Note how clean and fresh the GMK Cyrillic pad printing looks.  Then remember it takes about 20 years of heavy (POS) use to reach the level of wear you can see in the OG Cherry WoB caps.

I know this is a bit tangential for a GB thread, but I've seen a few requests for this and wanted to fulfill them.   :thumb:

Also, I'm happy to take more photos of these caps in various configurations if anyone would like.  :)

great post hoff
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #446 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 08:04:19 »

I was thinking the same thing :))

Offline intelli78

« Reply #447 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 08:06:02 »
Shapow... WORLDSTAR!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #448 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 08:11:12 »
Shapow... WORLDSTAR!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nice looking set, are those OG or GMK?
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline intelli78

« Reply #449 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 08:12:21 »
OG indeed, tho slightly shopped to match colors we're shooting for in the GB.