Author Topic: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler. Pics posted...  (Read 363969 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler. Pics posted...
« Reply #1550 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 21:51:04 »
Hi Morgan,

Thanks for reaching out about this. I'd be happy to let you know that we'd be happy to offer you the following solutions:

A) If you're okay with keeping the set as is, we can partial $10 store credit

B) Otherwise, we can process a return for an exchange for you!

Let me know how you'd prefer to proceed.

Best,
Aaron

Oh boy, $10 credit!

I guess I'll do the return and exchange option then.

Again, this is what MD support said to me. I too am curious what they are going to do about the sets that are being returned. I really already contemplated them selling the "damaged" sets or rehashing them out. Hell, I'm wondering if they have enough sets to even compensate this gross mistake. Just a really terrible situation.
I am just amazed at how they pay a company to professionally ship things, yet they don't know how to use the proper shipping materials.
They assumed those trays were made for shipping.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1551 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 21:51:09 »
Hi Morgan,

Thanks for reaching out about this. I'd be happy to let you know that we'd be happy to offer you the following solutions:

Best,
Aaron

Oh boy, $10 credit!

Again, this is what MD support said to me. I too am curious what they are going to do about the sets that are being returned. I really already contemplated them selling the "damaged" sets or rehashing them out. Hell, I'm wondering if they have enough sets to even compensate this gross mistake. Just a really terrible situation.

I had a similar "exchange" email with Massdrop on another product.

Purchased a headphone stand, and one of two arrived in poor condition out of the box. I emailed them and they offered to exchange and reimburse me shipping to ship it back to their offices in Cali.

Once they receive the defective unit, they have their warehouse in NJ ship a "new" replacement item, free of charge.

-a week or two later-

I unbox the headphone stand and the replacement arrived in worse condition (factory defect). I send them an email saying how they didn't even bother to QC an item ahead of time prior to sending the replacement. Also asked if they wanted to perform another exchange, and they say that it's not economical for them to ask for it back and reimburse shipping, so they'll just refund the whole transaction (1 headphone stand+shipping) and told me to keep it.

I wouldn't be surprised if something similar were to happen with these TA sets.

« Last Edit: Thu, 06 August 2015, 21:52:42 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1552 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 21:51:49 »
Just got this reply:

Hi Morgan,

I cannot guarantee that there will be, but rest assured the majority of our units did not suffer the defects that you mention, so most likely your case was an individual anomaly.

Here is a prepaid shipping label for you to return the unit back to us: ---

Once we process your return we'll ship out an exchange!

Let me know if this is okay with you :)

Cheers,
Aaron

I asked this:

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to do the return and exchange option. However, will there be some kind of reassurance that the replacement set will not come damaged? Will there be better, more secure packaging?

-Morgan

How can they know the majority didn't have defects?  This implies they knowingly shipped damaged goods, or are just pulling stuff out of their ass.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1553 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 21:53:16 »
Just got this reply:

Hi Morgan,

I cannot guarantee that there will be, but rest assured the majority of our units did not suffer the defects that you mention, so most likely your case was an individual anomaly.

Cheers,
Aaron

I asked this:

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to do the return and exchange option. However, will there be some kind of reassurance that the replacement set will not come damaged? Will there be better, more secure packaging?

-Morgan

How can they know the majority didn't have defects?  This implies they knowingly shipped damaged goods, or are just pulling stuff out of their ass.
That last part sounds about right.

But they sold over 1,000 sets right? So looking at the percentages probably isn't so bad.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1554 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 21:58:10 »
Just got this reply:

Hi Morgan,

Cheers,
Aaron

I asked this:

Thanks for the reply.

-Morgan

I would bet money that he said that little statement to "reassure" me. We'll see when I get that replacement set lol.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1555 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 22:01:16 »
It's possible they have extras and will also be re-sorting returns to recombine some sets in reasonable shape to send out as replacements.  Bad caps might be returned to GMK for a refund or replacement.  That's my guess.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #1556 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 22:03:47 »
Just got this reply:

Hi Morgan,

Cheers,
Aaron

I asked this:

Thanks for the reply.

-Morgan

I would bet money that he said that little statement to "reassure" me. We'll see when I get that replacement set lol.

If he guaranteed better packaging, that's tantamount to admitting they were poorly packaged to begin with. I believe that's what they're trying to avoid here. I'm 100% sure your replacement set will not be packaged the same way.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1557 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 22:16:52 »
Pictures from Reddit showing the swirl and bleed-through issue I was talking about:

Source thread.

Also, the mismatched bottom profile bothers me more than it should.  It's definitely noticeable.  The angle is also too extreme and is not pleasant.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1558 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 22:17:43 »
Just got this reply:

Hi Morgan,

Cheers,
Aaron

I asked this:

Thanks for the reply.

-Morgan

Lol good luck with that
Massdrop are probably just gonna screw you even more

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1559 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 22:25:33 »
Also, the mismatched bottom profile bothers me more than it should.  It's definitely noticeable.  The angle is also too extreme and is not pleasant.

This will probably be the thing that gets me to sell my set.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1560 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 22:27:36 »

Yup.  I also don't remember it being part of the IC.  I remember there were a few changes from the "final" from the IC and the GB that I didn't notice until after I paid.  That bottom row is just a mess and feels like ****.  You really notice the difference and it sucks on the arrow keys.  Maybe if you had a more severe angle on the board it would feel better, but not on a standard board.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1561 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 22:29:38 »

Yup.  I also don't remember it being part of the IC.  I remember there were a few changes from the "final" from the IC and the GB that I didn't notice until after I paid.  That bottom row is just a mess and feels like ****.  You really notice the difference and it sucks on the arrow keys.  Maybe if you had a more severe angle on the board it would feel better, but not on a standard board.
This was in the IC

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1562 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 22:31:40 »
Are the alphas as white as they appear in all the shots?
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #1563 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 22:36:59 »

They're not white.

I posted this pic a few days ago, I'll repost it for the sake of this discussion:

Noppoo with Triumph Adler by Nick Bair, on Flickr

I did my best to make this pic color-accurate. Against the true white of the case you can see that they are indeed gray. But it's a pretty light gray, and I think a lot of cameras mistake it for white. I had to really tune this image to get accurate tones, but hopefully it gives you a good idea of what to expect.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1564 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 22:37:25 »

This was in the IC

JDCarpe's confusion on the profile is something that many others felt.  Throughout the IC, there was talk about A/R5 profile, but it was shown as a standard profile.  When it became R5, more than a few people were surprised.  I didn't notice the change until after I purchased it. 

It's a light grey, a little darker than some of the practically white greys GMK has.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1565 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 22:39:21 »

They're not white.

I posted this pic a few days ago, I'll repost it for the sake of this discussion:

Show Image

Noppoo with Triumph Adler by Nick Bair, on Flickr

I did my best to make this pic color-accurate. Against the true white of the case you can see that they are indeed gray. But it's a pretty light gray, and I think a lot of cameras mistake it for white. I had to really tune this image to get accurate tones, but hopefully it gives you a good idea of what to expect.

Cheers, guess I was just hoping for something closer to the pics on MD. I'll reserve judgement till I get a set in hand though because I know how hard shades of grey are to capture in a photo.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1566 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 23:09:24 »

Unfortunately I agree with this. The bottom row is a train wreck on a 125 board. I really hoped it wouldn't be noticeable but it totally is. It looks and feels weird. This would have been an otherwise awesome set but this is enough that mine will likely end up for sale. I'm really disappointed there couldn't have been some compromise to get 125 users a consistent bottom row profile.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1567 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 23:15:39 »

Unfortunately I agree with this. The bottom row is a train wreck on a 125 board. I really hoped it wouldn't be noticeable but it totally is. It looks and feels weird. This would have been an otherwise awesome set but this is enough that mine will likely end up for sale. I'm really disappointed there couldn't have been some compromise to get 125 users a consistent bottom row profile.

Especially considering the winkeyless users are a massive minority. I'd expect to see lots of complaints on MD once people start realising.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1568 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 23:31:08 »

Especially considering the winkeyless users are a massive minority. I'd expect to see lots of complaints on MD once people start realising.

That point was brought up many times.  We were told it wouldn't matter and no one would notice.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1569 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 23:33:57 »
Pictures from Reddit showing the swirl and bleed-through issue I was talking about:

Show Image

Source thread.

Interesting.  It's almost like pearl paint, with particles of color minerals at various densities in a translucent suspension.  Would make sense if they used some translucent component to mix with white and gray to result in a more translucent and swirly mixture with insufficient blending.
. . .
Never cared for the A profile.  I know it's popular among the "OG" crowd, but I have it on an old Desko set, and I prefer the B profile front row for comfort.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

« Reply #1570 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 00:03:48 »
The GMK QC wasn't too hot either as a ton of my caps had flashing on the bottom and I noticed that the alphas have some weirdness going on in their color.  They're not a solid color and seem to have some swirling going on in them.  I feel like a couple of caps also had some color bleed through in spots from the darker undercolor.  And maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like the plastic feels like a lighter, cheaper, less dense plastic than GMK usually is.
This times 100. Thanks for linking my thread! If anyone wants a specific shot, I'll get a flash and the tripod out instead of awkwardly holding the camera with a 100mm 1:1 macro lens :)

The flashing, eh, I have a dozen shapes of Xacto knife blades. But it's the swirls in the gray keys that are killing it for me. Most of them have it, but I have way too many with dark swirls or ones that would be visible in daylight from a normal distance. The mods are fine, mostly.

My only experience so far is with a few GMK Escape keys, and I immediately noticed the first TA cap I picked up felt different than the others I have.

I think I will be abandoning this ship until a Round 2 comes around, as much as it sucks...because this set is incredible.
The keepers: 660C/Blank 660M/Blues

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #1571 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 00:15:37 »
I received mine earlier today but i was busy and didnt get the chance to post. Looked like this when it arrived, with only one row being shifted, which i think was from the UPS guy putting it on the porch floor vertically instead of just handing it to me. I was literally at the door waiting for him to walk up and I said Hi to him but he decides to put it on the floor >.>

Not bad for a long trip to Cali.

I'm inspecting now and i'm actually quite disappointed :/

This being my first GMK set (to arrive) i was excited.

I enjoy the color of this set but that's about it. I though they'd be heavier feeling or feel thicker, but they almost feel like any other cap. Probably just me, but idk.

But my main problem is, as discussed, the color bleed & blending. you can see some color bleed through, and i'm okay with that, but the swirls... that's not okay.
At first i checked the QWERT row that was shifted on arrival, and i thought they were scratches, but then read up on this thread and seems to be the pain, which i find to be worse :|

Most of the white (or whatever color) caps have this noticeable swirl effect on at least one side.

_DSC1461 by asdfjkl.36, on Flickr

But then you have caps that have a larger more noticeable dark spot liket his arc that looks like someone did it with a paint brush.

_DSC1458 by asdfjkl.36, on Flickr

I'll keep the set though, just wish it would have turned out better. Id rather have paid more and waited longer if I wouldnt gotten the great GMK quality i've heard so much about.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 August 2015, 00:18:01 by asdfjkl36 »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1572 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 00:20:43 »
Well even though my packaging was okay, I didn't escape some scratches and uneven colors on some keys  :(
There are more. These are just a few of them

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1573 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 00:23:33 »
Well even though my packaging was okay, I didn't escape some scratches and uneven colors on some keys  :(

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Judging from how your set arrived, this seems to indicate that sets were bouncing around before they even arrived at the fulfillment center too.  This just keeps getting better and better.......... 

Offline Polymer

« Reply #1574 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 00:28:22 »

125 isn't the problem...those are still R4 right?  So the only difference is between that and the arrow keys..

1.5 are R5 which match the arrows..but not the spacebar....which I think is worse (but standard for Cherry). 

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1575 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 00:31:46 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Judging from how your set arrived, this seems to indicate that sets were bouncing around before they even arrived at the fulfillment center too.  This just keeps getting better and better.......... 
Show Image

Yeah, possibly the scratches. But the bleeding & uneven colors had to be GMK's fault.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1576 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 00:46:25 »
Hi Morgan,

Best,
Aaron

Oh boy, $10 credit!

I'm wondering about this arrangement for overseas orders.  Like it would cost me a lot to send a set back to them (silly Aussie OS shipping costs), and for them to ship a set back.

Plus it's 3 to 4 weeks each way.  Bleah.

Hopefully my set arrives safely.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1577 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 00:49:03 »
Hi Morgan,

Best,
Aaron

Oh boy, $10 credit!

I'm wondering about this arrangement for overseas orders.  Like it would cost me a lot to send a set back to them (silly Aussie OS shipping costs), and for them to ship a set back.

I'm out. If they arrive scratched or with the swirling bull**** then I just want a refund, I have no faith that this will be resolved to my satisfaction.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1578 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 01:08:01 »
Hi Morgan,

Best,
Aaron

Oh boy, $10 credit!

I'm out. If they arrive scratched or with the swirling bull**** then I just want a refund, I have no faith that this will be resolved to my satisfaction.

With you on that Bueller

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1579 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 01:11:22 »
Hi Morgan,

Best,
Aaron

Oh boy, $10 credit!

With you on that Bueller

The swirling doesn't bother me - most of my environments are clouded so I wouldn't notice (unless it was really bad).

Scratches - we'll have to wait and see.  This is an epic set, and I like GMK sets, so I'm really hoping I get no scratches, or a few that are not readily visible.

It will be a shame, as this is a great set that has been spoiled for many people by poor shipping.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1580 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 01:12:42 »
Hi Morgan,

Best,
Aaron

Oh boy, $10 credit!

With you on that Bueller

The swirling doesn't bother me - most of my environments are clouded so I wouldn't notice (unless it was really bad).

Scratches - we'll have to wait and see.  This is an epic set, and I like GMK sets, so I'm really hoping I get no scratches, or a few that are not readily visible.

It will be a shame, as this is a great set that has been spoiled for many people by poor shipping.

Scratches are my number one concern but I gotta say that the colour swirling seems almost as bad after seeing all these photos

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1581 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 01:54:28 »
I'm sad to see all these problems you guys are having with this set.....
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline Poozles

« Reply #1582 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 02:20:08 »
Response from Massdrop about the shipping. Still waiting on mine to get here tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Hey everyone,

We want the community to know that we've been reading the discussion and are aware of the poor packaging; rest assured that your disappointment is not going unheard.

We are sorry for any of the keycaps that showed up in anything less than stellar condition. If any of your keycaps are showing up with dings or scratches please reach out to us at https://www.massdrop.com/support so we can help to correct any issues you may be experiencing.

We chose these trays specifically to ensure smooth fulfillment so believe us when we say we’re disappointed and shocked along with the community. We've made it very clear to our fulfillment center that the packaging for these orders was insufficient and have instructed them to package future shipments in smaller boxes and use more appropriate internal packaging techniques. Additionally, we have given our feedback to GMK about the trays and until they are further tested we will avoid using them, reverting back to standard bags for delivery of future GMK orders.

We do have a number of replacement sets on hand for fulfillment issues, and we believe there will be enough extras to accommodate the exchanges.

We want you to know that we’re learning from this experience and will make changes so these issues do not happen again. In the end, this is all about getting you quality keyboard products that you love — and if that’s not happening for any reason, then it’s a problem for us. So do not hesitate to contact support if your set has any damage - we will make things right for you.

Thanks,
Kunal and Alex

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1583 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 02:38:45 »
Response from Massdrop about the shipping. Still waiting on mine to get here tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Hey everyone,

We want the community to know that we've been reading the discussion and are aware of the poor packaging; rest assured that your disappointment is not going unheard.

We are sorry for any of the keycaps that showed up in anything less than stellar condition. If any of your keycaps are showing up with dings or scratches please reach out to us at https://www.massdrop.com/support so we can help to correct any issues you may be experiencing.

We chose these trays specifically to ensure smooth fulfillment so believe us when we say we’re disappointed and shocked along with the community. We've made it very clear to our fulfillment center that the packaging for these orders was insufficient and have instructed them to package future shipments in smaller boxes and use more appropriate internal packaging techniques. Additionally, we have given our feedback to GMK about the trays and until they are further tested we will avoid using them, reverting back to standard bags for delivery of future GMK orders.

We do have a number of replacement sets on hand for fulfillment issues, and we believe there will be enough extras to accommodate the exchanges.

We want you to know that we’re learning from this experience and will make changes so these issues do not happen again. In the end, this is all about getting you quality keyboard products that you love — and if that’s not happening for any reason, then it’s a problem for us. So do not hesitate to contact support if your set has any damage - we will make things right for you.

Thanks,
Kunal and Alex

Just saw that - I doubt they have anywhere near enough extras to cover all the scratched sets out there

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #1584 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 02:42:55 »
I feel the swirls arent that bad and can go unnoticed when using the set. We'll all know they're there, but cant really be seen.

Scratches...that's another subject. Like Bee, scratches on the top of keys are definitely not okay. Other scratches as well, of course.

I just find it funny that MD is like "OOPS, at least we know for next time!"

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #1585 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 02:57:48 »
as the negative reports continue to pour in, i'm not sure if reselling these caps at cost is even possible. really sad that it's the first time it happened to a GMK product, and to this of all sets. i'm still waiting on mine, and it's akin to knowing that your wife is about to give birth to a deformed baby. nothing you can do but pray that he isn't too ..off, and even if he comes into the world with a crossed eye, crooked teeth and claws for fingers, he's still your child and you hope you'll be able to love him anyway

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1586 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 03:04:49 »

as the negative reports continue to pour in, i'm not sure if reselling these caps at cost is even possible. really sad that it's the first time it happened to a GMK product, and to this of all sets. i'm still waiting on mine, and it's akin to knowing that your wife is about to give birth to a deformed baby. nothing you can do but pray that he isn't too ..off, and even if he comes into the world with a crossed eye, crooked teeth and claws for fingers, he's still your child and you hope you'll be able to love him anyway

I get the point that you're trying to make but...dude...it's a set of plastic keycaps.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1587 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 03:09:34 »

I get the point that you're trying to make but...dude...it's a set of plastic keycaps.

WHOA. ITS NOT JUST PLASTIC
tis GMK, baby.

Offline KRKS

• Your friendly neighbourhood umbrella
« Reply #1588 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 03:18:43 »
I'm not sure what all of you expected. I mean, it's Massdrop we're talking about here. It should be obvious at this point that something will go wrong when they're involved. And yet all of you still use it.
The increasing power of Massdrop WILL kill the community group buys - don't come crying to me after it happens when you're too stupid to see it now. Join me in saving the community!

MD = NO $, NO EXCEPTIONS

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1589 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 03:22:06 »
I'm not sure what all of you expected. I mean, it's Massdrop we're talking about here. It should be obvious at this point that something will go wrong when they're involved. And yet all of you still use it.

I've had like 5 other items from them with no issue.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1590 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 03:25:50 »

I've had like 5 other items from them with no issue.

There has been nothing like this from them before
The only real problem in the past has been delays but that is to be expected with anything related to custom keycaps

Offline KRKS

• Your friendly neighbourhood umbrella
« Reply #1591 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 03:39:44 »
The only real problem in the past has been delays

So wrong capacitors on the Infinity, Keycool numpads working in a different way than advertised, TEX cases shipped without feet, the end of Granite group buy and other stuff like that are imaginary?
The increasing power of Massdrop WILL kill the community group buys - don't come crying to me after it happens when you're too stupid to see it now. Join me in saving the community!

MD = NO $, NO EXCEPTIONS

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1592 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 03:40:43 »

So wrong capacitors on the Infinity, Keycool numpads working in a different way than advertised, TEX cases shipped without feet, the end of Granite group buy and other stuff like that are imaginary?

Didn't know about those ones  :eek:

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #1593 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 03:43:47 »

Didn't know about those ones  :eek:

Dont know about the rest, but granite they reopened after complaints. I for one was able to order when it reopened.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1594 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 03:57:09 »

Not everyone spends their life following the status of every sale on Massdrop. The only one of those I'd ever heard an issue with was Granite and I was under the impression they resolved that.

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #1595 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 04:02:31 »

Just got this reply:

Hi Morgan,

Cheers,
Aaron

I asked this:

Thanks for the reply.

-Morgan

But they sold over 1,000 sets right? So looking at the percentages probably isn't so bad.
Lots of people haven't receive it, don't forget those international buyers. My set still stuck in Germany. Thanks dhl.
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #1596 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 04:21:57 »

Just got this reply:

Hi Morgan,

Cheers,
Aaron

I asked this:

Thanks for the reply.

-Morgan

Lots of people haven't receive it, don't forget those international buyers. My set still stuck in Germany. Thanks dhl.

I have to pay customs just to find a set which is damaged. The funzzzz.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #1597 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 04:47:19 »
I got my package today :) No customs fees, well done Massdrop this time.

First of all I have to say the TA color is really well done, great job intelli78! The color of the mods is really not too blue, and there's enough yellowish or TA flavor! I thought it will be too intense, but it is not. I made some pictures, but have to make more later with appropriate light.

I did not look at all caps very accurate, but have the same scratches as seen by others - maybe it is said already here, these scratches cannot be due to shipping but must be from GMK production. The few caps I checked are OK, and I would not bother about it and for me it would be no reason to return the set. But I have to look more detailed through all the caps later.

The grey color is really light grey, light grey. This could have been maybe a little bit darker, but it fits nicely to the mods. So nothing to complain, mostly on the pictures here it just looks like white since the grey is a bit bluish (and not like "normal" grey caps from IBM, Topre, etc. - compared to them it is sort of white).

Again: great job, I do like the set - but to be honest I do not know why I ordered it since I am typing right now on my Realforce, and also use a SSK, and don't have any MX board I would use (the TX1800 when it arrives, but here I have no 1800 support with this set). So if someone - best in EU - do like to have this gorgeous set, I'd sell it!
... ...

Offline PrinsPils

« Reply #1598 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 05:55:46 »
So if someone - best in EU - do like to have this gorgeous set, I'd sell it!
Hi Madhias,
I would like to purchase the set. I live in the Netherlands , so shipping will not be expensive for me either.
I'll send you a personal message to discuss the futher details.

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #1599 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 06:06:31 »
It really looks like Intelli did a fantastic job organising and designing this set. It looks great!  It is a bit of a shame that the people doing the manufacturing and distribution have come a little short. When you pay $100 for what are essentially a few pieces of plastic, you expect it to be flawless!