Author Topic: [IC] GMK 'Miami Nights'  (Read 56538 times)

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
Re: [IC] GMK 'Miami Nights'
« Reply #350 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 21:10:04 »
Here i have a question for Ivan: could i buy more sets of CMYK V2  than the basic sets ?
 for example, i buy two basic sets and buy three or even more sets of CMYK V2?
since CMYK V2 has 1×ctrl and 1×alt, they could be perfect compatible with my G80-1865

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #351 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 21:11:04 »
Did we lose the WoB mods or did I imagine those?
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #352 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 21:27:11 »
Nothing will be a required purchase. Each thing will be available separately on it's own. So if you only want some CMYKv2, or just spacebars it's no problem. You can buy as many of any item you can afford, there is no other limit from me.

Yes, I decided not to do black on white for now. Most of anything that could be needed to flesh out scavenged sets is available in the cmykv2 kit. I would rather push something new and different than offer 2 things which are the same keys and risk splitting the MOQ and neither making it through.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #353 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 21:28:54 »
Nothing will be a required purchase. Each thing will be available separately on it's own. So if you only want some CMYKv2, or just spacebars it's no problem. You can buy as many of any item you can afford, there is no other limit from me.

Yes, I decided not to do black on white for now. Most of anything that could be needed to flesh out scavenged sets is available in the cmykv2 kit. I would rather push something new and different than offer 2 things which are the same keys and risk splitting the MOQ and neither making it through.

Fair call, probably a good idea.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #354 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 04:59:53 »
How come Print, Scroll lock and Break aren't R0 or Esc + F keys in R1, basically why isn't the top row the same profile?

How come the € is top printed and not side printed like the other 'extras'?

Why Return instead of Enter?

It's also quite a lot to get everyhting and just the base costs the same as hyperfuse but I feel like there isn't as much there, is there potential to cut some things?

Also just a point I think the mock up is kinda unflattering, i think it's because the spacebar isn't in it's spot but it looks off.

EDITED: Added another question.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 April 2015, 10:13:41 by effectiveduck »

Offline TBone

« Reply #355 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 13:22:25 »
I'm a fan of top printing on the windowed keys. They aren't used very much so they should hardly shine, and even if they do I don't think anyone would ever wear off the font, especially GMK pad printing. Ivan, I know you probably realize people will complain about that, but you are the expert, so use your judgement and don't worry about the haters. Even if I'm one of them.  :p

Also I think the whole top row should be one profile, but I've never had it any other way, so I'm not sure. Unless Dolch was like this?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #356 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 14:48:20 »
Print, Scroll lock and Break don't exist for row F anymore. So they are row E so can be doubleshot.
€ is part of the doubleshot, not pad printed so it's on the top.
Return because there is not Enter in just text for those key sizes.

I'm not really sure what could be cut to make a substantial difference in cost without loosing some of the extras many people want and additional keyboard compatibility. I think I got a pretty good balance here.

Perhaps the lock keys and etc won't be touched as much so may last longer, but I think it's better on the side. Also it would be consistent with the side pad printing if it were to be used with the full set.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #357 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 15:13:46 »
Definitely in for a spacebar pack!