Author Topic: [IC] GMK 'Miami Nights'  (Read 56475 times)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: [IC] GMK 'Miami Nights'
« Reply #300 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 14:56:48 »
i don't see any problem with getting it started. If I need to have it run a bit longer by offsetting the order end period I can do that pretty easy.

Offline Danboard

« Reply #301 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 15:45:56 »
i don't see any problem with getting it started. If I need to have it run a bit longer by offsetting the order end period I can do that pretty easy.

Can't wait!

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #302 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 16:49:21 »
sounds great I'm not going to have really any expendable cash due to orion v2 and other GB and sales till beginning of or mid may hope that fits into this time frame
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #303 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 22:01:50 »

As long as you provide a proper, colour coded key-set for everyone to see here on Geekhack, then no problems in meeting the moq.

Everyone wants to see what they will receive for their moolah and when it shall be delivered in their hot geekhacker hands.

Just make sure all the legends are easily legible in darkened habitats, that's all I ask of thee  8) .

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #304 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 22:17:50 »
sounds great I'm not going to have really any expendable cash due to orion v2 and other GB and sales till beginning of or mid may hope that fits into this time frame

I'm with sed on this! xD
Way too much send recently and would prefer if the GB lasts until may, but that is only two weeks anyway...  :thumb:

Offline choc

« Reply #305 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 11:26:07 »

can't wait+1

Ivan, have you ever considered a gamer set for "Miami Nights"? The color scheme seems like pretty good, magical & elegant.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 April 2015, 11:29:54 by choc »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #306 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 12:46:50 »
I think will just stick to the full set, CMYKv2, and additional spacebars this time only. I've added windowed caps lock, num lock, scroll lock key to CMYKv2 so that should take care of most of requirement people need for white/black patch kits... granted in different colors.
I should be getting the final revision changes and price from GMK next week hopefully, then I will get it up for ordering. It looks like it will probably be OK to have it close in June?

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #307 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 19:25:41 »
I think will just stick to the full set, CMYKv2, and additional spacebars this time only. I've added windowed caps lock, num lock, scroll lock key to CMYKv2 so that should take care of most of requirement people need for white/black patch kits... granted in different colors.
I should be getting the final revision changes and price from GMK next week hopefully, then I will get it up for ordering. It looks like it will probably be OK to have it close in June?
Woohoo!

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #308 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 19:38:08 »

Sticking to the full set sounds awesome! Love the set how it is!  :thumb:

Have you considered adding a side printed backspace arrow to the R2 Del by any chance tho ivan?
As an HHKB layout user that uses it as backspace first, that would mean like the world to me honestly, and I don't think anyone would mind the additional side print much...? :)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #309 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 23:05:02 »

ALWAYS go with a Full-Set no matter what  :thumb: .  Every one needs the FULL PACKAGE because it represents the absolute best of what you could receive, especially when it comes to filling out every keyboard with these beauties.

Nice to have a stylish Dark Set for all the Black-lovers out there  :-* .
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 April 2015, 23:08:00 by Elrick »

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #310 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 03:07:15 »
perfect work ,perfect time, Ivan , you leave enough time for my wallet to recover as well as other GMK's fans like me.
Absolutely two set for this one .thank you very much.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #311 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 08:25:26 »
perfect work ,perfect time, Ivan , you leave enough time for my wallet to recover as well as other GMK's fans like me.
Absolutely two set for this one .thank you very much.

Can't agree more with the timing. :thumb:

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #312 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 17:27:10 »

June should leave me enough time to set aside some funds.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #313 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 18:34:08 »

I've added windowed caps lock, num lock, scroll lock key to CMYKv2

Ooooooo baby!

Thanks Ivan!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #314 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 23:17:29 »
Changed my mind, gonna give this a go as it looks interesting
this would be my first time getting a keyset with different font colors

Cant wait :)
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline SL89

« Reply #315 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 18:37:14 »
I may be in after all, depending on how some other things pan out.  :-\

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #316 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 20:23:35 »
Changed my mind, gonna give this a go as it looks interesting
this would be my first time getting a keyset with different font colors

Cant wait :)

That's what makes it so SEXY.

Offline the big aristotle

« Reply #317 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 13:14:49 »
The waaaaaiiiiting is the hardest part

...rumor has it that Tom Petty likes GMK too

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #318 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 22:01:07 »

Anyone else getting that Vice City vibe?  ;)

Edit: wow typo loool
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2015, 22:07:32 by FoC_Tow »

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #319 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 22:05:01 »
I'm really excited to see updated pics of the final GB keyset :)

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #320 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 00:17:16 »
Just to mention Im not connected with Ivan's GB and just made this for fun!  :thumb:
Hope you guys like it and no one actually minds! xD

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #321 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 04:11:27 »
I'm really excited to see updated pics of the final GB keyset :)

Same here, I've just gone to the front page here of the "GMK Miami Nights" and waiting for the images to load into my Firefox browser, how brilliant and stylish it looks.

Who would think that different coloured Legends could achieve this level of diversity amongst hard-core GMK lovers out there (me included)  8) .

Please make sure this one goes through to their factory in Germany Ivan because we need these for all our Cherry Keyboards, simply subdued perfection  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: .

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #322 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 16:32:48 »
Nice graphic FoC_Tow.
Just waiting for last detail from GMK still, hope to get them early next week so I can get this going.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #323 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 11:00:04 »
Thanks Ivan! =)
Im just getting that strong gta vibe from the set for some reason... xD

Fonts and even the palm tree stock images should be the originals rockstar used in their artwork and are all free to use license.
So feel free to use it for whatever guys!

Miami Night stickers could be awesome for example! :)

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #324 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 22:56:47 »
I'd probably get this if my wallet wasn't so empty :(

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #325 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 18:13:44 »
So excited for this one.

Offline Ouro

• Laughable
« Reply #326 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 23:37:41 »
SPACEBARS YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

« Last Edit: Tue, 28 April 2015, 23:39:12 by Ouro »

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #327 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 00:23:05 »
We can choose color of spacer bar? Or not?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #328 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 01:10:46 »
4 color will be available, in both sizes, each separate as alone. Full set will come with black.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #329 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 03:46:19 »
Spacebars be smexy!  :eek:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #330 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 03:49:00 »
4 color will be available, in both sizes, each separate as alone. Full set will come with black.

Damn Ivan you're spoiling us with these coloured spacers. 

They'll look nice against a sea of black on this set hence thanks for arranging this, like to see different space bar colours applied to give a unique visual to this colour-way.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #331 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 10:54:32 »
All mock ups in OP are updated with what will be moving onto groupbuy. I'll be getting it over to buy status shortly.

Offline Hzza

« Reply #332 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 10:57:03 »
Nice one, those CMY on black caps look epic.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #333 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 11:37:23 »
Just to make sure I'm reading those images right, we will have to buy the CMYK v2 set to have matching bottom row profiles on 125 layout boards?

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline jackiecanev2

« Reply #334 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 11:40:31 »

Just to make sure I'm reading those images right, we will have to buy the CMYK v2 set to have matching bottom row profiles on 125 layout boards?

Looks to me like the main set includes the full set of magenta modifiers in the first picture (including bottom row 1.25u mods and 6.25 space); the CMYK v2 is for the additional colored mods.
| HHKB2 | Viper | 356.2 | Ducati | pitties | scalpels |

Offline TBone

« Reply #335 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 13:32:48 »
All mock ups in OP are updated with what will be moving onto groupbuy. I'll be getting it over to buy status shortly.

Looks so good Ivan. Will definitely be getting in on this. You should use FoC_Tow's Miami Nights logo to advertise this! It looks so good, and who doesn't love some Vice City?

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #336 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 14:32:18 »

Can I ask about the windowed Caps/Control and why they have front printing and not the magenta on the face?
Having the LED light up the "CK" of "LOCK" is going to look odd I think.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #337 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 14:34:03 »

Can I ask about the windowed Caps/Control and why they have front printing and not the magenta on the face?

The stepped windowed key cap should be blank.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #338 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 14:39:33 »

I'd prefer either "Control" or "Caps Lock" in magenta.  But blank would be preferable to the front printing.

(obviously my opinion)

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #339 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 15:06:10 »

this, was wondering the same too  ;D
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #340 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 15:13:10 »
Since I am already loosing hope of getting my hands on the Pulse, I might go with this set as well. Looks perfect to me! :)

A newbiew question tho, I am receiving my new custom keyboard soon(my very first). The B.87 from winkeyless, which size of spacebar would fit on that keyboard? Thanks!
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 April 2015, 15:18:46 by adamski07 »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #341 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 15:20:08 »
Since they have to be pad printed, I prefer to do so on the front so it won't ever wear off. As good as GMK pad printing is, it doesn't last forever when its on the top.
There is a doubleshot 1.75 Control key for row C already.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #342 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 15:31:33 »
Since they have to be pad printed, I prefer to do so on the front so it won't ever wear off. As good as GMK pad printing is, it doesn't last forever when its on the top.
There is a doubleshot 1.75 Control key for row C already.

In Ivan I trust.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #343 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 15:46:59 »
Since I am already loosing hope of getting my hands on the Pulse, I might go with this set as well. Looks perfect to me! :)

A newbiew question tho, I am receiving my new custom keyboard soon(my very first). The B.87 from winkeyless, which size of spacebar would fit on that keyboard? Thanks!

It depends on the layout.
If you're using the standard layout, you'll need a 6.25x spacebar, if you're using the winkeyless layout then 7x spacebar.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #344 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 16:01:08 »

It depends on the layout.
If you're using the standard layout, you'll need a 6.25x spacebar, if you're using the winkeyless layout then 7x spacebar.

Got it! It has winkey so 6.25x for me then! Thanks!

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #345 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 17:15:09 »

Yaay, exited!  :thumb:
Would have been awesome to get Backspace side print for the R2 Delete/Backspace but the set is hella smexy either way!

Looks so good Ivan. Will definitely be getting in on this. You should use FoC_Tow's Miami Nights logo to advertise this! It looks so good, and who doesn't love some Vice City?

Thx soo much TBone! <3<3
I would definitely be honored if Ivan chooses to use the Logo I made! 

If you want to use the Logo Ivan your very welcome to! Shoot me a PM if you want anything changed or get a version without my name on it for example...   :)

Offline Ouro

• Laughable
« Reply #346 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 17:38:56 »
Anyone have a picture of R5 mods next to an R4 space bar?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #347 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 19:27:00 »
Like that?

A profile front is a little taller, little steeper.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #348 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 20:04:56 »
In Ivan I trust.

We all trust Ivan here, he is the Original GMK man-about-town here on Geekhack  8)

He always delivers on what he promises so his word is literally his bond, definitely someone you can count on in these perilous times.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #349 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 20:41:58 »

I'd prefer either "Control" or "Caps Lock" in magenta.  But blank would be preferable to the front printing.

(obviously my opinion)

Well, worry not: Ivan will do whatever he wants, we can get it, or leave it, of course :D .