Author Topic: Dolch PAC custom case  (Read 1664 times)

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
Dolch PAC custom case
« on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 17:42:19 »
Hi, I am working on making a custom acrylic case for my extra dolch PCB, and I finished the top part of the case, but I realized the easiest way and most practical way to pull this all off, is by also adding a plate... This is where the troublesome part comes to me. I have no clue on how to make an accurate plate that will work with the PCB, so any help will be appreciated! This is what the top part of the case looks like, and the measurements are all correct!

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
Re: Dolch PAC custom case
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 02:28:45 »
Okay, so I gave up on  making the plate for this, so instead I thought of just using a mounting system that uses the holes that are already in the PCB. When I order these though, I will have to tap a couple holes myself so it lines up with the top part and bottom part of the case. The little holes at either side of the top are spacers I will also have cut so the mounting bracket doesn't hit the bottom of the PCB. The cutouts at the top part where it gets smaller are really ghetto, but they are for zip ties so I can zip tie down the controller and RJ45 port.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 02:42:42 »
I realized the flaw with zip tying it without anyplace to tie the zip ties, so here it is now:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 08:28:44 »
The_Beast and Redline have made 1800 plates previously. Maybe you could find one of these or ask them for help?

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 08:49:47 »
I'm working on a milled aluminium case that's similar (identical?) to the Dolch PAC.

96523-0

I got the plate files that were used in this GB: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42063.0

They don't really give enough information about the PCB mount hole locations, and actually are a bit inconsistent in spacing, esp. around the arrow cluster.

PM me your email address and I'll send you the plate files.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 09:25:45 »
I'm working on a milled aluminium case that's similar (identical?) to the Dolch PAC.

(Attachment Link)

I got the plate files that were used in this GB: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42063.0

They don't really give enough information about the PCB mount hole locations, and actually are a bit inconsistent in spacing, esp. around the arrow cluster.

PM me your email address and I'll send you the plate files.

Ok, thanks! That should make this easier!

The_Beast and Redline have made 1800 plates previously. Maybe you could find one of these or ask them for help?
Thanks for the info, if I do need help, I will PM them.